PDA

View Full Version : pickles gonna do it

pickles
01-13-2003, 10:44 AM
Hello everyone that reads this... this is my on-line journal and hopefully a start on a new life. Some quick info about me .. i am 33 year old male and have not been very sucessful in life so far. My goal is to get into respectable shape by spring and prove that i can do something if i set my mind to it. This web site has inspired me to go all out and failure is not an option.
I am 5'10 and 210 lbs... and not in very good shape. I am the father of a 2 year old girl and owe it to everyone around me (including myself) to start living life and prove that i can accomplish something. I am gonna enter my workout on my journal every day to keep up my motivation and track my progress. I will put some pics of me up as soon as i can get a few scanned from a friend.

pickles
01-13-2003, 10:46 AM
Today i did tri's and back... and am thinking about how to diet and reading diet forum for information on losing wieght.

NateDogg
01-13-2003, 10:49 AM
Welcome and good luck reaching your goals!!! Beginning a journal, which should help keep you in line, is a good start. :D

:spam:

Mik
01-13-2003, 12:19 PM
Welcome aboard mate! Good luck with the goals.

Miss Rezza
01-13-2003, 04:58 PM
YAY!! A new journal! :clap:

Congrats on starting your very own journal, no doubt it will help you to stay motivated and on track!! :D

Goodluck with everything!

GIS
01-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Well, you've made the initial commitment, created a journal, and you are researching training/diet so it looks like you're off to a great start.

My only word of advice: don't get discouraged. When dealing with getting in shape or getting in better shape most people's downfall is losing focus and getting discouraged because they don't look like a cover model and/or havn't achieved teh gains they thought they would at first. 3 weeks can seem like an eternity, but I've been plugging along for 2 years and am nowhere near where my goal is. I've made tremendous, though. :)

With time comes education in working out, and with education comes progress. Work hard and welcome!! :D

pickles
01-14-2003, 07:38 PM
OMFG i am sore. My tris are sore as heck but my back is less so. Tommorow is bicepts and shoulders.

captain piddles
01-14-2003, 08:47 PM
hey I love your name, it reminds me of 3rd rock from the sun when harrys pet piclkles came for a visit, it was super funny, anyhoo good luck with your goals, I am 34 and started lifting about 3-4 years ago, like they were saying you will make some awsome changes to yourself but it will take some time, but if you pay your dues you can acheive anything you set your mind too, this is the board to be at! these guys are awsome and will help out when ever you need it, keep going, you should post the exersizes and the weight you use

pickles
01-15-2003, 09:56 PM
I did a lighter workout today, i am so sore i cant move too well right now lol....bi and shoulders

Delphi
01-15-2003, 11:20 PM
Good luck with your goals, man. What reps and sets are you doing?

Nate beat me to it, but now your journal has officially been :spam:ed.

pickles
01-17-2003, 11:40 PM
Damn legs today ... i got a feeling that i am gonna be walking funny tommorow

pickles
01-23-2003, 10:22 AM
The forum was down for a little while... i am making slow but steady progress... this next week is gonna be my best week ever. I might be moving to a building with a nice fitness center in it.