PDA

View Full Version : Weak Appetite

Fightin Irish
01-14-2003, 09:30 AM
I've been trying to eat a lot to gain some size but I really just can't get the appetite. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to stimulize my appetite? Any feedback would be great.

raniali
01-14-2003, 10:12 AM
yes - the thought of eating began to make me sick... but it's mind over matter, and i would force myself to eat a meal if it was time for one. i do suggest trying to stomach more calorie-dense foods (pnut butter and other fats) to help get your daily caloric intake up. additionally, you might want to try stimulating an appetite by eating hi GI foods (fruit juice, fruit, sugar, sugar cereals etc) ... if you are bulking, getting calories any way you can is important.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-14-2003, 10:22 AM
Brilliant.

GonePostal
01-14-2003, 10:34 AM
I have that problem... right... sorry you needed solutions

hemants
01-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Drinking your calories can help too. Liquid calories do not satiate the appetite as much.

Get a decent blender and toss in some milk, natural nut/seed butters , whey protein, and berries.

bigkevin20
01-15-2003, 10:58 AM
You have to remember if you dont eat you wont get big. So force yourself to eat. My first reply got deleted but you can do that to.

mmac
01-15-2003, 11:46 AM
I have this problem badly. The thought of food in the morning after I wake up disgusts me. But what I did to help me was 3 things.

1. Wake up earlier 6am-7am and force somethign small down. For some reason this just primes you for more food later in the day.

2. Like said before, drink liquid calories. I love chocolate milk, protein shakes. If your bulking, make your own frappes..(yummy)
Ice Cream, milk, banana, protein etc.

3. Eat smallers meals. Dont goto lunch and try to eat 1200 calories. Not only will fill yourself up digustingly so you wont wanna eat until late supper, but smaller meals are better anyways. Instead eat 400-500 calories for lunch, keep yourself just a tad hungry. I guarantee within the next 2 hours you will be dying for a meal.

Hope this helps.

Fightin Irish
01-15-2003, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the advice. That really sounds like it will help. I was wondering if there are any supplements that may increase appetite as well.

AstronautJones
01-15-2003, 12:38 PM
THC, the active ingredient in marijuana seems to increase appetite in most individuals, although we all know that isn't something that should be used as a supplement.

I agree with mmac, he made some pretty good suggestions. Follow those guidelines and you won't need a appetite stimulator.