PDA

View Full Version : WBB Toronto Training Extravaganza

ElPietro
01-14-2003, 10:36 PM
Some of you may or may not have read either IceRgrrl, the_doc, rookiebldr, or my own journal, and noted that we had a little meet up in my fair city.

I was hoping to come home with pics from Doc, who took the majority of pics at our little meet up, but the lazy whore still hasn't done it. :mad:

I do have a couple pics to start things off, and the rest hopefully will come eventually.

This first pic is just of Mark, Icer and myself in the hotel room. :) Rookie took the pic.

ElPietro
01-14-2003, 10:38 PM
The much anticipated pic of IceR squatting. She's a great gal. :)

And for the inevitable comments to come, I am making sure her depth and form is good while I spot her, I am not just simply staring at her ass. :angel:

ElPietro
01-14-2003, 10:41 PM
Me trying the 2 lbers on for size. :cool:

It's in my journal as well...so just a repeat.

ElPietro
01-14-2003, 10:43 PM
Me getting ready for a DB press. Bit better weight. Also, in my journal thanks to rookie.

ElPietro
01-14-2003, 10:44 PM
These are just the few that I have, that I can submit. Doc has the rest I think. Although, he seemed to have the time to post me training with the 2 lber. *mutter* You coulda at least shown me trying out the 5 lber man!

Maki Riddington
01-14-2003, 11:20 PM
Damn your a big boy El!
Your cover up excuse of the pic where you're spotting IceR is lame.

IceR it's nice to see a woman squatting some weight in the cage.:)

G-B
01-15-2003, 12:02 AM
Great pics El P...

That 2 pounder looks mighty heavy...nice lift!

AstronautJones
01-15-2003, 01:19 AM
Yeah great pics!

Rock
01-15-2003, 03:34 AM
way cool!!

syntekz
01-15-2003, 05:42 AM
Cool. We need to have a HUGE meet in the states sometime. Icer is hot stuff, cool pics!

DoubleGulp
01-15-2003, 05:55 AM
And for the inevitable comments to come, I am making sure her depth and form is good while I spot her, I am not just simply staring at her ass.

Well........you certainly ruined anything I was going to say. :(

McBain
01-15-2003, 06:04 AM
ace!

icer squatting = demi moore in a few good men

:thumbup:

the doc
01-15-2003, 06:21 AM
LOL!

Check your mail gang!

the doc
01-15-2003, 06:27 AM
there should be 4 emails, let me know if you didn't get them

feel free to post my pics, since i wont have access to them today :)

the doc
01-15-2003, 06:32 AM
NOt only is icer rediculously hot
BUT SHE LOVES RAW STEAK!!!

:drooling::drooling:

BennettBoy
01-15-2003, 06:40 AM
Nice pics ElPeitro.

Yep, Icer is hot.

Savannah
01-15-2003, 07:08 AM
Those pics are class......
El P, that's a pretty sweet bicep curl goin on!
sorry I missed out.:(

Relentless
01-15-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Savannah
sorry I missed out.:(

Ditto

Looks like y'all had fun.

I missed football that day, too. :( Ah well.

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 07:16 AM
Glad you are enjoying. FYI, I was the only one NOT to bring a camera to the gym.

Here's a pic of Doc Sumo-ing 315.

Damnit, you didn't resize them. WTF were you doing all this time! :swear: Bah, ok I'll resize them all as I go. :mad:

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 07:23 AM
Here's a pic of me deadlifting conventional. It was 5 plates, and yes I locked it out, actually I sorta stood there for a few seconds once I locked it, which prolly wasn't a great idea. And no, it is not possible to make that lift with a "pleasant" look on one's face.

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 07:25 AM
:hump:

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 07:26 AM
:hump::hump:

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 07:28 AM
Here's Rookiebldr on the high rows. Yes this is actually doc taking a pic of icer taking a pic of rookie. He seemed rather "trigger-happy" with the camera when it came to Icer. ;)

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 07:30 AM
Rookie learned how to clean. :)

rookiebldr
01-15-2003, 07:31 AM
LP, I'm glad you started this thread.

I will attempt to add to the collection as I go along today. Unfortunate, we missed a group shot of the four of us. :cry: And now we need to see IceRgrrl pics.

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 07:31 AM
Curl Jockey Icer.

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 07:32 AM
Curl Jockey Pietro. I got up to using the 5 instead of the 2. :cool:

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 07:34 AM
Surprise shot of me by my malibu. Note the happy expression on my face after having to get up for an early morning workout, so that we could accommodate Cal who never showed up anyway! :swear:

;)

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 07:40 AM
Doc about to do a clean, can't remember if they were powers or hangs.

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 07:41 AM
I may make up most of my lifts, but apparently IceR does not. :D

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 07:42 AM
Last one of the three of us. Rookie had gone home the previous night, and this was just one final pic before Icer and Doc left.

rookiebldr
01-15-2003, 07:43 AM
Here's one of Doc lazing about.

rookiebldr
01-15-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by ElPietro
Rookie learned how to clean. :)

LP, I think you could have photo-shopped that pic and added a bit of weight onto that bar. ;)

Tryska
01-15-2003, 07:51 AM
nice pics but what is that white stuff surrounding your car? :scratch:

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-15-2003, 07:52 AM
LP got a bit over-excited with Icer around methinks.

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 08:02 AM
Yeah I got all excited and all I could think is, "what would robboe do in this situation."

PowerManDL
01-15-2003, 08:11 AM
Yeah I got all excited and all I could think is, "what would robboe do in this situation."

Odd....I didn't see "gay sex" anywhere in those shots.

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 08:12 AM
Yeah I know. As I thought what he would do, I realized I am not attracted to men and disregarded the entire notion immediately.

Praetorian
01-15-2003, 08:18 AM
heheeh nice pics...Doc has the same jacket as me!!! woohoo

Mik
01-15-2003, 08:20 AM
Great pics ElP. Looks like you guys had a blast.

And yeah.....what was said about Icer:drooling:

chris mason
01-15-2003, 08:48 AM
That is cool. I would love to train with some of the members of this site.

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 09:07 AM
It would be easier to train with you if you didn't warm up with our max lifts Chris. :p

Relentless
01-15-2003, 09:11 AM
I wouldn't look at it as discouraging, but rather as inspiration to lift with someone that far in advance of my own lifts.

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Callahan
I wouldn't look at it as discouraging, but rather as inspiration to lift with someone that far in advance of my own lifts.

Well you are welcome to come train with me anytime then if it'll help ya out. :p :D ;)

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 09:14 AM
And I agree btw.

ericg
01-15-2003, 09:16 AM
That is great! Some day I will train with some of the people on WBB - we will have to get a big ole BBQ at Ginos house some day.

Relentless
01-15-2003, 10:10 AM

Well you are welcome to come train with me anytime then if it'll help ya out. :p :D ;)

Yer not THAT far ahead of me, big man. :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-15-2003, 10:30 AM

If that was me that near Icer i'd cover more than a car, dude...

big_geek
01-15-2003, 10:39 AM
It looks like you guys had loads of fun,
that's a nice gym, where is it and what's the name?

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 10:56 AM
Fitness Connection, on Don Mills Rd, between Lawrence and Eglington. Very functional for me, as it has 5 power racks, one squat rack, 2 smith machines to keep most people away from the power racks. Also, has about 15 flat benches and whole bunch of incline and decline benches as well. I have never waited on a bench or rack in that place and I've been there over two years now.

Not the sexiest looking of gyms, but I kinda like it that way, as it keeps all the toning and cardio bunnies at Bally's instead. :)

IceRgrrl
01-15-2003, 11:09 AM
Thanks for posting the pics, guys! It was a great workout and lots of fun :) I just wanted to add that my squats came AFTER power cleans and jump squats and my holiday workout is full body 3x week, so no scoffing at my puny weight...it's nowhere near max :p

As for my pics, sadly the technological corollary of Murphy's Law struck and the camera stopped functioning sometime after my trip. Turned out it was defective and I got it exchanged for a brand new one, but I lost my group workout pics as well as a bunch from my Christmas with my family, so I was not a happy person about that :(

Anyways, thanks for the memories! :D

ElPietro
01-15-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by IceRgrrl
I just wanted to add that my squats came AFTER power cleans and jump squats and my holiday workout is full body 3x week, so no scoffing at my puny weight...it's nowhere near max :p

Err, yeah, me too. Sure I was using a 2 and 5lb dumbell for preacher curls...but remember they were after deadlifts, and some other back exercises!

That's too bad about your camera though Icer, you shoulda gone straight to the manufacturer and uppercut everyone in the building!

GIS
01-15-2003, 11:38 AM
LOL@ the Doc taking the pic of Icer taking a pic of Rookie.... Doc you're always in heat.

Looks fun guys! I've always thought it'd be fun to do a cross country vacation by car, and with so many people hard core into bodybuilding it'd also be fun during the trip to stop by where some of you live and train for a day or so before moving on.

rookiebldr
01-15-2003, 11:40 AM

This was how I looked at it, seeing as LP started out with my max as a warmup.

the doc
01-15-2003, 11:41 AM
Here's Rookiebldr on the high rows. Yes this is actually doc taking a pic of icer taking a pic of rookie. He seemed rather "trigger-happy" with the camera when it came to Icer. ;)

hey you can never have enough pics of icer

rookiebldr
01-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by the doc

hey you can never have enough pics of icer

Ah, and I still have a few for my personal collection. ;)

Black_Curtain
01-15-2003, 12:36 PM
:cool: looks like you all had a nice time. Wish I lived in the US and had the chance to workout with some guys from this site :)

btw

you look awsome, icer :)

big_geek
01-15-2003, 12:46 PM
BTW this meet took place in Canada, not US;)

The gym I go to looks like complete ghetto place compared to yours, ElPietro. I can't believe it's such a dump, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Shankerr
01-15-2003, 12:50 PM
wow, icer is lookin quite good :drooling:

SO what gym was this at? It looks like a pretty solid spot! relatively well equipped from the pics..

You'll have to do this again next summer so that I can come, hehe, Ontario WBBers Unite...

kimpy225
01-15-2003, 12:51 PM
nice pictures :) :)

big
01-15-2003, 01:08 PM
haha looks nice, cool gym.

Checking form and depth, pfft the pictures don't lie. tuttut And no holding out on pictures of icer. ;)

Workhorse
01-15-2003, 01:45 PM
Gyms are supposed to be sexy?? My gym is in the basement of a shopping mall and has no windows and dim lighting... I thought's how they were supposed to be!?! But you're right, its a damn nice gym. Its too bad you guys didn't live a little further west...like Calgary. I'd love to workout with some of the members of WBB. I think the only two Calgarians on here are Nights and me. Maybe I'll have to PM him... in any sorts, the pics look great and it sounds like you all had a great time!!

Chris Rodgers
01-15-2003, 04:44 PM
Nice pics.

Doc- we got to work on that pull. What's with the overhand, wraps, 3" apart hand spacing grip?? I'd have you pulling 4 plates easily in one session bwoy. You need the deadlift guru. ;)

Paul Stagg
01-15-2003, 04:58 PM
So do I.

Great pics, guys.

rookiebldr
01-15-2003, 08:35 PM
Shankerr - The LP mentioned the gym up above it's in the Don Mills area (east side of Toronto). Hopefully we've started something for the WBBers here.

big - mine, mine, all mine. :evillaugh

workhorse - roadtrip, roadtrip.

latman - I suspect that you could get me doing 3 plates, something Doc was unable to get me to do. ;)

Savannah
01-16-2003, 07:03 AM
I am so in for the next meet up !

ElPietro
01-16-2003, 07:08 AM
Yeah, others in the area, that are non-pyscho and cool, are more than welcome to organize something. Doc isn't in the area, but managed to drive up. I am always more than willing to play host if a group want to come visit Toronto. Maybe we'll get something going over the summer again, when some of you colleg boys and girls are off semester. Remember, 19 is the legal drinking age here, and drinking is a required occurence when visiting my city.

IceRgrrl
01-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Yeah, something over the summer would be cool...lots of us are on break and there are plenty of non-gym things to do in the summer :)

And to all of you who were supposed to come and wimped out...you missed an awesome time :p

big_geek
01-16-2003, 09:11 AM
Can you get free passes for your gym?

ElPietro
01-16-2003, 09:15 AM
I don't think I can. I couldn't when these guys came, but I didn't ask in advance. He let them pay only $5 though, as generally a guest pass is $10.

the doc
01-16-2003, 09:56 AM
but remember those are CANADIAN dollars

and as long as icer is there i would be willing to come back!
Me like toronto, and canada, and their funny CANADIAN money !
I feel so rich up there!

GonePostal
01-16-2003, 10:19 AM

I feel so rich up there!

Shut up... damn Americans think they own us ... hehe

Bam Bam
01-16-2003, 02:00 PM
LOL peitro looks like bullett tooth tony

ice is nice like chicken and brown rice

Relentless
01-16-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by IceRgrrl
Yeah, something over the summer would be cool...lots of us are on break and there are plenty of non-gym things to do in the summer :)

And to all of you who were supposed to come and wimped out...you missed an awesome time :p

Well, if I'd been able to make it I'd have tried to drag some of you out to my weekly football game.

If it's in the summer, all the better!

nismodreams
01-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Yeah, others in the area, that are non-pyscho and cool, are more than welcome to organize something. Doc isn't in the area, but managed to drive up. I am always more than willing to play host if a group want to come visit Toronto. Maybe we'll get something going over the summer again, when some of you colleg boys and girls are off semester. Remember, 19 is the legal drinking age here, and drinking is a required occurence when visiting my city.

Nice pics dude!! I might be in next time though dont take any pics until after I've attempted to lift the 2 lb'er....:D

MonStar
01-16-2003, 09:34 PM
Great pics EP. Youre one big dude man---impressive pull too. 5 plates is friggin' great man. What are your arms measuring these days?

Mik
01-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by nismodreams

Nice pics dude!! I might be in next time though dont take any pics until after I've attempted to lift the 2 lb'er....:D

I'm in if we can spot each other!

rookiebldr
01-16-2003, 10:17 PM

I feel so rich up there!

I was wondering how long it was going to take you to bring this up. I have never seen anyone go so ape**** over our money. Definitely kept me laughing alot.

Well, if I'd been able to make it I'd have tried to drag some of you out to my weekly football game.

It would have been tough getting us out of bed for that. We were pretty wiped, but you never know.

Budiak
01-17-2003, 03:10 AM
I go to a family reunion every freakin summer in August or late july. I'm quite sure I could make a drive from Buffalo to Canada, or maybe one of hyou jerks could come pick me up at the border. Or something. I could steal a car perhaps. DoubleGulp is thinking about coming this summer, too, so you'd get so much nerve-wracking, mind numbing nonsensical hilarity you could bottle it and sell it on street corners. This will be after my real cut, too, so I'll be like.. WHAM! KAPOW! BAZOOM! SPLAT!
Poof.

And Cal better be there.

rookiebldr
01-17-2003, 05:58 AM
Budiak, I think LP mentioned something about non-pscho's above. ;) :D :D

Hey, that would be cool and I'm sure by the time summer rolls around we could arrange something. The border is about 1 - 1.5 hours away depending on how many points I have on my license.

Relentless
01-17-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Budiak
I go to a family reunion every freakin summer in August or late july. I'm quite sure I could make a drive from Buffalo to Canada, or maybe one of hyou jerks could come pick me up at the border. Or something. I could steal a car perhaps. DoubleGulp is thinking about coming this summer, too, so you'd get so much nerve-wracking, mind numbing nonsensical hilarity you could bottle it and sell it on street corners. This will be after my real cut, too, so I'll be like.. WHAM! KAPOW! BAZOOM! SPLAT!
Poof.

And Cal better be there.

I'll pick you up at the border, assface. :p Actually, if we do it in August, we should move things out towards my place... The longest freshwater beach in the world is 25 minutes from my condo... and if that's too far to drive, I have a smaller beach 300 metres from my front door.

Plus the hotels are a lot cheaper and it's actually easier to get HERE from the airport than it is to get into d/t Toronto. Faster too, if there's traffic around.

galileo
01-17-2003, 06:49 AM
I'll come too! Then on top of it all, you'll all get /pwned.

Alex.V
01-17-2003, 07:03 AM
How about we do it in buffalo. lol. Toronto is just TOO f-in' far.... some of us HAVE to fly there.

Relentless
01-17-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Belial
How about we do it in buffalo. lol. Toronto is just TOO f-in' far.... some of us HAVE to fly there.

Buffalo is teh suck.

Toronto is much nicer, plus everything is cheaper for you Yankee bastards.

Alex.V
01-17-2003, 07:15 AM
Yeah. But all the rest of us live in this country. :) How about New York.... eh?

ElPietro
01-17-2003, 07:19 AM
I would spit on a buffalo citizen, before I did the ground, since the ground is cleaner.

And like Cal said, if you get to buffalo, might as well go the extra couple hours, and enjoy the currency exchange of coming to Canada. Also, I think Toronto is way cooler to visit for you guys than buffalo. If you are coming out of your way anyway, might as well go just a bit further to make the trip worth while.

Wouldn't you have to fly to buffalo too Alex?

Cal I guess Barrie would be ok, but...it's Barrie. ;) Oh and they didn't stay downtown toronto, just around the airport. So suburbia is good, since we can stay mobile, and then drive/transit downtown when required. I think it worked pretty well that time...but we can always try something else.

Monstar I think they are around 18.5". That's what I measured about 6 months ago, and I doubt they've changed much.

Alex.V
01-17-2003, 07:26 AM
Eh, it's 15 hours round trip (to drive) to New York City for me.... 32 hours round trip to drive to Toronto.

All's I'm saying is that there are cool cities in this country, too. (Buffalo ain't one of them) It just might have to be YOU guys that take the longer trip. ;)

the doc
01-17-2003, 09:00 AM
i liked canada :D

ElPietro
01-17-2003, 09:05 AM
Ok, so it's decided then, Toronto it is. Glad we could all agree. :)

X-RAY
01-17-2003, 10:27 AM
Not that I don't have anything else to do but there are so many Canadians here, too many to be exact. Such nice people as a whole, why is that?

ElPietro-Icergrrl-Doc-Callahan-Rookiebldr-Maki-Big_geek-Shankerr-Savannah-Avatar-Manveet-Nights-Mik-Wolfman-Workhorse-MysticEric-Etc... ain't this ridiculous?

X-RAY

the doc
01-17-2003, 12:52 PM
although we both probably agree their country is a great one (and better than the US in many ways)

icer and myself are not canadian

Relentless
01-17-2003, 01:07 PM
although we both probably agree there country is a great one (and better than the US in many ways)

icer and myself are not canadian

As the Completely NonOfficial Governor-General-Adjutant of Canada, in the Name of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the Dominion of Canada, I hereby declare you and Icergrrl HONORARY CANADIANS

this entitles you to many benefits, including:
- the right to say "eh"
- an improved and instinctive appreciation for the game of hockey
- the ability to mock American beers and compare them to sex in a canoe

Cheers eh!
Cal

the doc
01-17-2003, 01:13 PM
eh!

Alex.V
01-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Ready? Now act pissy about the US. GO!

Budiak
01-17-2003, 01:56 PM
Also, I think Toronto is way cooler to visit for you guys than buffalo.

Being a Buffalo native, I find this statement both true and hilarious.

Anyways, I vote for the trip to Cal's pad. We'll gawk at his hot wife and eat all of his tarragon and twice baked potatoes. Beaches are ok, I dont like them mainly because of the fact that I am deathly afraid of water, but we wont talk about that.I'm down for whatever happens. I am sure I could catch a train to someplace on the east coast, DG and I were planning on doing that anyways.

But if anybody deems me an honorary anything, I'm switching to 3"mag loads.

rookiebldr
01-17-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Belial
Ready? Now act pissy about the US. GO!

Nope, we Canadians are much too nice to do that! :D :D

Budiak - you need to workout with us first!

Mik
01-17-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by rookiebldr

Nope, we Canadians are much to nice to do that! :D :D

:angel:

Chris Rodgers
01-17-2003, 05:47 PM
Alex, come up to NYC and forget about these Canadian homos. ;)

I'm sure there are some other peeps that are around the NY/NJ area.

Mik
01-17-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by LATMAN
Alex, come up to NYC and forget about these Canadian homos. ;)

*politely asks Latty to refrain from calling Canucks homos*

ElPietro
01-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Alex may get a sore neck in munch-kin land, having to look down, to talk to all you 4' midgets!

rookiebldr
01-18-2003, 10:30 AM
rofl

Nights
01-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Yup.. like Workhorse said, come to Calgary next time. Sure, there's only me and him out here, but you'll get to see the mountains and all that.

Mik
01-18-2003, 03:17 PM
I'm in!

Wolfman
01-18-2003, 04:07 PM
mmmmmm......IceR!

X-RAY
01-20-2003, 05:53 AM
Doc and Icer, maybe its good you are not from Canada afterall. ;)

IceRgrrl
01-20-2003, 07:56 AM

this entitles you to many benefits, including:
- the right to say "eh"
- an improved and instinctive appreciation for the game of hockey
- the ability to mock American beers and compare them to sex in a canoe

LOL! Thanks Cal, but El P beat you to it ;) Plus, as a northerner who grew up on the border, I have been taking part in those benefits for a long time...my accent is even much like yours :D

DoubleGulp
01-20-2003, 08:13 AM
Eh!

ElPietro
01-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Actually, from this meet, myself and rookiebldr only live in and around toronto. There are many members that are in the area, they were just afraid to come train with us. ;)

I know Icer comes up for hockey tournaments now and then, and some other ppl are around the area, so I'm sure there will be something further in the future. Probably try to get something big going in the summertime.

What bar do you bounce at in Kingston? Me and some of my buddies used to just drive up there for a random weekend of drinking and we'd go to AJ's Hanger all the time. It may have changed since then...but decent enough place to drink. It's been a couple years now though.

Last time I was there, we tried to get to the front of the penitentiary to take a pic, but they were doing a prison transfer, and some guard on the tower holding a shot gun told us we were passed the point we were allowed and it would be a good idea to turn back. I got the last laugh though, when I tossed an empty cigarrette pack over the wall, and tried to listen to the countless inmates fight over what they thought were a full pack of smokes. :p

Oh, and Long Live the Hoagie House! :D

big_geek
01-22-2003, 02:32 PM
Hey I live in Toronto, but I am petrified of your huge lifts...I don't wanna look like a weakling:p

ElPietro
01-22-2003, 02:38 PM
Don't worry, we'll invite rookiebldr again! :D :p

j/k Jeff. ;)

rookiebldr
01-22-2003, 03:03 PM
Don't worry, we'll invite rookiebldr again!

:swear: You managed to get this in before me! :p

Originally posted by bigdaddykrull
sweet i bounce at a bar called the elixir. next time your coming up drop me a line here and ill hook you up. and yah the
hoagie house is good but im afraid that dennys is the king for late night eating..

We may just have to have a meet in Kingston.

Originally posted by bigdaddykrull
you know what would be a good idea would be a wbb photo contest where people scan their photos and post them in a contest forum. everyone should send one working out pic and a ordinary pic and the mod's can judge the winners. what do you guys think??

:cry: some of us are just too small to even bother entering, but my workout pic is already above. ;)

Mik
01-22-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by rookiebldr

We may just have to have a meet in Kingston.

:thumbup: