PDA

View Full Version : How much Protien per day?

Tat_tat_tootles
01-15-2003, 12:02 AM
I started with the supplements and will continue to do so until i cannot affort it any more

either way i have protein shakes that have 42g/protein inthem. they are the Myoplex MRPs. really good. i'm loving them

they say twice a day. at most 4 times a day and yes they do fill me up, when i can finish them. really thick like the McDonalds shakes that i used to have (until i couldn't stand looking at myself in the mirror anymore lol)

i took one today after my workout, maybe no more than 30min. and i plan to take them during break at work instead of eating seomthing else there. so that's 84g/day of protien. is that good?

BTW i'm gonna be doing that routine that is on the website. seems a better way to go than what i have up :)

this is going to help me grow musle alot during the anobolic stage correct? what use is it during the other time of day?

thank you for yur help. i have alot of questions, please do not be bothered by me in the near futre. i'll be here alot. after i'm done reading those articles

GonePostal
01-15-2003, 12:20 AM
IMHO 1g/lb is plenty but other opinions may differ. BTW complete protien sources should be counted only (ie anything other then plant protien)

GIS
01-15-2003, 01:47 AM
Complete protein sources= Whey suppliments, casein (milk/cottage cheese), and animal meat.

I eat 1.5 grams per lb of body weight and 3,500 calories a day because I'm trying to pack on the pounds. Like GP said, don't count protein from plant sources (rice, pasta, soy, etc) in your final protein count. If I did that I'd probably be eating like 350-400g protein on some days, but I only count the complete sources as listed above.

Don't think that you just have to consume suppliments to get protein. In fact, suppliments are just that- suppliments. They should not replace a healthy and nutrious diet consisting of real food. The MRPs are great and I drink 2 a day, but that is in addition to 2,000 other calories that I eat from food.

The most important thing is: What are your goals?

It is important for you to know personally and for us to know so we can give you better advice.

Tat_tat_tootles
01-15-2003, 09:51 AM
let me get back to you guys with that. i think i'll start a more clear thread inthe very near future

wowbaby
01-15-2003, 10:15 AM
Those shakes (Myoplex) your talking about are sure nice. The chocolate flavours the best. Only problem is that there expensive

NateDogg
01-15-2003, 10:45 AM
All you eat everyday is 4 shakes?

Tat_tat_tootles
01-15-2003, 11:16 AM
no i have 3 regular meals aday and 2 shakes as MRPs. since you are supposed to have 5-6 meals aday :thumbup:

hemants
01-15-2003, 11:48 AM
Everyone has their own preference but 0.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight to 1g per pound seems to be a reasonable range for muscle growth.

Here's an article by Mike Mentzer who incidentally advocated a 60/25/15 (carb/protein/fat) diet.

http://www.mikementzer.com/proteinparadox.html

NateDogg
01-15-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Tat_tat_tootles
no i have 3 regular meals aday and 2 shakes as MRPs. since you are supposed to have 5-6 meals aday :thumbup:

:cool:

Manveet
01-15-2003, 10:55 PM
this is going to help me grow musle alot during the anobolic stage correct?

If you want to grow like crazy, concentrate on cals. You can eat as many grams of protein you like, but if you don't have sufficient cals, you're not gonna grow.

Tat_tat_tootles
01-15-2003, 11:29 PM
hmmm i thought that calories were mostly for energy, as were carbs. how do cals help you grow?

actually i guess i need an article on it all and figure out how i'm gonna have to grow.

hemants
01-16-2003, 06:11 AM
cals = calories = the sum total of everything you eat.

In brief :

Get sufficient protein
Get sufficient healthy fat
Make up the rest in whatever you want but make sure you eat enough to grow.

To calculate calories add up:

protein grams x 4
carb grams x 4
fat grams x 9

Hope this clears things up.

HANSEL
01-17-2003, 09:57 AM
What is that a pic of in your avatar Hemants?

hemants
01-17-2003, 09:58 AM
It's my guru, I met him in the Himalaya's :)

/lol j/k, i have no idea

HANSEL
01-17-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Tat_tat_tootles
either way i have protein shakes that have 42g/protein inthem. they are the Myoplex MRPs. really good. i'm loving them

they say twice a day. at most 4 times a day and yes they do fill me up, when i can finish them. really thick like the McDonalds shakes that i used to have (until i couldn't stand looking at myself in the mirror anymore lol)

If you like them thick, Try an APM 60 (Thickest MRP Ever) or any other MetRx Mrp for that matter, Thickest in the industry and tastiest IMO, just expensive :(

HANSEL
01-17-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by hemants
It's my guru, I met him in the Himalaya's :)

/lol j/k, i have no idea

He looks like he could be from the himalayas.
Whatever it is its cool looking, kinda scary actually, it looks like me if I hit the Gym on an EC stack without shaving for a few days...lol.

hemants
01-17-2003, 10:08 AM
LOL.

Actually, I always imagine that if I don't work out, that sucker is going to kick my a$$. And you don't want to mess with him that's for sure.