PDA

View Full Version : Edge Of Ketosis

FrusWeighted
01-15-2003, 01:58 PM
Would just scraping the edge of ketosis be good for getting into shape? Rather than being in it all out, purple piss strips and all? Like if I got only like 15 pounds to lose, over time just keeping carbs low... wouldn't that be good for keeping muscle while dropping fat off? Like a year-round type of eating style, rather than a cyclical thing? Lift like I'm trying to get big, yet eat like I'm tryin' to cut, yet being more generous with the carbs for the sake of my muscles?

Relentless
01-15-2003, 02:04 PM
I tend to eat that way normally; lots of protein, not too heavy on the carbs... I've been able to maintain mass fairly well and SLOWLY lean up but it's not really on purpose. It's just what I like to eat.

I think you need to pick a goal and go for it rather than trying the 'silmultaneous cut and gain', which will probably only lead to disappointment

if you think you have enough size to look decent now, why not shred down to your desired BF% and see how you look... then slowly add mass from there?

raniali
01-15-2003, 02:17 PM
i think everything in theory sounds great, but trying to actually exist on the edge of keto might prove difficult. i have found that i personally do better when i keep carbs between 100-200 g a day. anymore than that, and i feel bloated and will start gaining weight like i've got nothing better to do. if i was to cut down to 60-90g a day (perhaps the edge of keto), i don't think i would be able to function very well and still kick butt @ the gym.

i think a 'clean' (eating good stuff and watching just how much you are eating) bulk is the best bet if you want to gain but don't want to get too fat.

Fudomyo
01-20-2003, 12:07 AM
The edge works better for me. I just eat much less.
I basically only add stir fry veggies, onions, bell peppers.

Less calories, and your insulin will still be in the gutter. Not to mention that my brain works better this way.

You only catabolize muscle for about 24 hrs anyway (before you totally switch to fat burning), and I can't get into keto that fast anyway.

$0.02
Fudo