PDA

View Full Version : Should I get more calories?

poopboypat
01-17-2003, 01:02 AM
When I work out I keep loosing weight. I am 152lb. now I dont what to cut right now and am looking to get some weight on. Should I eat about 3000 cal per day? I don't know what I eat now but Im going to eat more from now. Also I am going to start eating alot more protein foods now. Any tips on what to eat for protein? Thanks.

bradley
01-17-2003, 03:07 AM
protien-chicken, lean beef, dairy, eggs, fish

carbs--oats, sweet potatoes, veggies, beans, pasta (ww), brown rice, ww bread

fats--fish oil, flax oil, olive oil, nuts, natty pb, oily fish like salmon

If you are still losing weight then just keep eating more until you are gaining.

Dan Dragon
01-17-2003, 04:11 AM
Are you also getting stronger in your workouts? Then there´s nothing wrong with losing weight, otherwise raise your calory intake in about 500kcal steps weekwise until you start getting stronger. If you gain more than around 1kg (~2 pounds) a week you´re mostly gaining fat.

It depends what your strategy will look like, either you don´t care about fat while bulking and cut later(which could cost you muscle-mass in the end) or you just eat about 500kcal above maintenance level(think that is preferable bec you always stay in acceptable shape and don´t have to do gross cutting in the end).

For that you´d have to find your maintenance level, just keep raising your calory intake weekwise until you keep your weight. Then you can go from there.

Try to get a 40/30/30 ratio of carbo/protein/fat and eat the stuff Bradley mentioned.

bradley
01-17-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Dan Dragon
Are you also getting stronger in your workouts? Then there´s nothing wrong with losing weight

I would think that this would depend on your goals, but it sounds as though he is wanting to gain LBM. I would think that losing weight would matter if this is the case.