PDA

View Full Version : atkins diet?

sebaztiant
01-17-2003, 04:03 PM
i'm trying to lose weight, i lost 50 pounds last year , then gained 20 after a surgery, i train every day., i just want to know if some one has lost weight doing this diet, by the way i'm 249 5'9 , ( i need a miracle)

bradley
01-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Read some articles about a cyclical ketogenic diet which would be better than the Atkin's diet for someone who trains with weights. Also might want to check out the WBB routines as training everyday will more than likely hinder your gains(overtraining). You can also find info on the CKD by running a search in this forum. If you have any specific questions please post them.

Berserker
01-17-2003, 06:25 PM
For the right people it can work. Never tried it while lifting. Maybe not enough carbs. Fats are good though. You do a 2 week induction diet with very little carbs, you'll lose 5-10 lbs.

bradley
01-18-2003, 05:52 AM
The reason I say that it probably wouldn't be as good is due to the lack of muslce glycogen while on the Atkin's diet. The CKD allows you to train after carb-ups and the Atkin's diet does not have carb-ups.

Dan Dragon
01-18-2003, 10:19 AM
I find the ckd very helpful even with building up strength , but im using a low volume HIT routine.

FrusWeighted
01-18-2003, 04:14 PM
The Atkins Diet does work, but it's hard to stick to over time for it's not really all that convienient. Like if you're hungry in the middle of the night, where the hell are you gonna find meat? Sure, all the PIZZA places are open. Damn!

Stick to it strict the first two weeks. You will lose 5-10 lbs., but it will be mostly water and some fat. But don't stop there.

Also, the second you have a high-carb meal after being on this diet, your body will retain water and make you feel fatter than you are, which can wreck your mental state and confidence. But don't lose faith, this diet works and you can always modify it. The Atkins plan is a good place to start.

restless
01-18-2003, 05:40 PM
Just do a CAD (cyclical Atkins diet) or a TAD (target atkins diet). I mean do Atkins during the week and carb up on weekends.

Thor
01-18-2003, 10:37 PM
i do a tkd and workout every other day and get a snack before and after my workout.alot of people drink dextrose but as long as you stay away from fat and complex carbs you'll be ok.i eat baked seasoned french fries and heinz ketchup or strawberry pop tarts.i take in 5 grams of creatine and 25 grams of whey with each snack.

i've always gone back in to ketosis in 4-5 hours which is the same amount of time that it took a guy who posted his journal and used a blood ketone monitor (he drank the dextrose)

i also found it hard to get motivated to workout on a ckd but on a tkd your motivation is you can eat something you've been craving for a couple days.(i haven't missed a workout yet)

sebaztiant
01-19-2003, 06:12 PM
thanks everyone, the only thing i don't undestand about ckd is when carbs up, after a week? o 2 week?

Bryan
01-19-2003, 08:38 PM
Whats the difference between TKD and CKD?

Fudomyo
01-19-2003, 11:41 PM
www.c-k-d.com

It's a hard diet. The workouts are INSANE! Me likey.

Bryan
01-20-2003, 12:55 AM
Im currently doing CKD, i wanted to know what the difference between CKD and TKD is?

Fudomyo
01-20-2003, 01:01 AM
TKD, is just a keto diet. You have about 30g of carbs before your workout is the only change to a pure keto diet.

Though I don't see how this is going to help you much with muscle glycogen. Sure some, but that's nothing carbwise.

sebaztiant
01-20-2003, 01:13 PM
well thanks, the only thing i dunno is when carbs up , if someone can explain it

restless
01-20-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Fudomyo
TKD, is just a keto diet. You have about 30g of carbs before your workout is the only change to a pure keto diet.

Though I don't see how this is going to help you much with muscle glycogen. Sure some, but that's nothing carbwise.

Atarget keto diet is, to my knowledge, a diet in which you strategicaly break out of ketosis around your workouts, as far as I know, there's no amount of carbs set in stone to do this.