PDA

View Full Version : First time bulking, need some pointers.

Accipiter
07-19-2001, 10:01 PM
I'm gonna start bulking for the first time and I was wondering if I could have some pointers on how exactly to do it (I know...eat...lots, but I need some specifics). And also, is it possible to keep a cut stomache while bulking? I don't wanna lose my nice stomache. Thanx

YatesNightBlade
07-20-2001, 02:31 AM
You can't force feed muscle growth so by bulking I pursume you mean ..... eating the maximum for optimal muscle growth ?

OK

Carbs

Oats
Rice (Brown being better)
Bread
Pasta
Potatos
Fruit and Veg

Protein

Milk (skim)
Eggs (best source)
Turkey
Chicken
Lean Beef
Protein Shakes

Fats

Flax seed Oil
Olive Oil
Peanut butter

Aim for a split like this ; 10 - 15% fats / 45 - 50% carbs / 40% protein.

Eat every 2 - 3 hours (small meals). If you feel your building too much fat and not muscle ... cut your carbs down a little.

Good Luck

Leviathan
07-20-2001, 07:31 AM
First of all, go to www.ast-ss.com and use their nutrition calculator to figure out how many fats, carbohydrates, protein, etc. you should be taking in each day. Then you need to start reading the nutritional labels on the foods you eat and start matching them to your daily nutritional needs for bulking.

Also, don't forget that Tuna is a very good source of protein.

Frankster
07-20-2001, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Leviathan

Also, don't forget that Tuna is a very good source of protein.

:)
You da man!

Accipiter
07-20-2001, 08:21 AM
Thank Yates, and everyone, yeah I LOVE tuna. Like my favorite meat. and as we speak I'm eating some eggs.

Frankster
07-20-2001, 08:36 AM
*hugs everyone on this tread*
except Yates cause he forgot to put tuna in the good protein list tuttut

hemants
07-20-2001, 08:37 AM
that ast-ss calculator is bollox

they're trying to sell you protein powder so their calculator comes out with like 400g a day minimum requirrement tuttut

Cackerot69
07-20-2001, 08:41 AM
Protein should be much higher when cutting..but yeah that AST calculator is bollox.