PDA

View Full Version : Moses, Round II

Pages : [1] 2

Frozenmoses
01-18-2003, 03:04 PM
Okay, I've decided to start a new journal because of a change in my routine. Formerly, I was doing WBB Routine 1, and I made a lot of progress. Now I've formulated my own split, and that is what I will be using for now. I do not necessarily do the same lifts each time, I generally just know what bodyparts I'm going to be working, and surprise myself in the gym.

The New Split:

Monday: Chest, Triceps, Delts
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Legs, Abs
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Back, Biceps
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Rest

At the moment, I am cutting. My current weight is somewhere between 164 and 166 lbs. Actually, I only weighed 161 this morning, but I had a date with some Tequila last night and I'm a wee bit dehydrated. I don't have any specific goals for weight of bf%. I just want to feel good about the way I look. Summer will be here before I know it, and I'm going to be living at the beach, so you should get the picture.

As far as my diet goes, my bulks and cuts are practically identical +/- a few portions. For cutting, I'm eating around 2100-2400 cals/day.

For supplements, I'm taking 1 scoop of Opti Pro-Meal, 1 scoop of Bioplex Whey Isolate, and 5 grams of glutamine post workout. I also take 10-15g of glutamine throughout the rest of the day, Total EFA in the morning, and GNC Mega Men multi-v. While bulking, I have 1 serving of Cytogainer as my post workout shake. I also eat a NitroTech bar for lunch every day, that is, until my Detour bars come in the mail.

And there you have it, my friends. To those that supported me in my last journal, your encouragement and wisdom were paramount to the success I've had so far. Now will all of the mushy crap out of the way, let's do this.

Frozenmoses
01-18-2003, 03:09 PM
1/17/03

Chins @ BW: 8, 6
BB Curls @ 75 lbs: 2, @ 65 lbs: 6, 6
BB Rows @ 110 lbs: 8, 8
DB Preacher Curls @ 25 lbs: 8, 8
WG Pulldowns @ 150 lbs: 5, @ 130 lbs: 5
Hammerstrength Rows @ 180 lbs: 8, 8

I really enjoyed this workout. I surprised myself on the chins; last time I tried I could only do 6. I jumped the gun on the BB curls, though. In my last split, they were the first lift that directly hit my bi's, so they were fresh. The chins took a lot out of 'em this time. It's all good, though. The HS Rows gave me a crazy lat contraction, which daddy likes. I have a nice case of DOMs today, coupled with a hangover.

Mik
01-18-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Frozenmoses

At the moment, I am cutting. My current weight is somewhere between 164 and 166 lbs. Actually, I only weighed 161 this morning, but I had a date with some Tequila last night and I'm a wee bit dehydrated.

Eeesh! I haven't had to killya since I was in Mexico years ago. Just the thought makes me gag.

Good luck on the new routine FM!

Frozenmoses
01-18-2003, 03:24 PM
LOL, you sound like all of my friends, Mik. They all think I'm crazy for drinking tequila, and I think they're all crazy for drinking vodka.

I appreciate the support, man.

bradley
01-18-2003, 04:21 PM
Good luck with the new split. By the way like the avatar, taken off the Anemia album by Tool?

Here is a little:spam:

Frozenmoses
01-18-2003, 05:52 PM
Thanks a bunch, bradley. Yes, my avatar is the Third Eye on the back of Ænima. I got the same thing tattooed on my back, and when I figure out how to take a picture of my own back, I'll post it. Always love spam!

ectx
01-18-2003, 07:35 PM
psst, use a timer on the camera...or that girlfriend of yours.

Best of luck on the new journal. I'll be watching you, punk.

Vodka...UGHHHHH....reminds me of lemondrops......and mounds of flying spaghetti...uggh. *waits for stomcah to settle*

I'll take a good tequila anyday.

almost forgot :spam:

MonStar
01-19-2003, 07:26 AM
The New Split:

Monday: Chest, Triceps, Delts
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Legs, Abs
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Back, Biceps
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Rest[/B]

Split looks good man. Chest, delts, and tris on Monday is great, because youll give each a full 6 days to recover. Same goes for back and legs. I really think youll enjoy a push-pull-legs split. I used to swear by it.

jiacstrap
01-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Hey, haven't been posting much recently but it was awesome watching your gains in the first journal. Can't wait to see how this routine works out for you. Good luck

Frozenmoses
01-19-2003, 06:11 PM
ec - If I can figure out how to work the damn timer on my camera, I'll get to work on it. My girlfriend is always working so I'm hard pressed to get her over at my house in the first place. Maybe one of these days you and I can get together and knock a few tequilas back, chump.

Mike - Thanks for the support, man! I'm really hoping to see some good progress from this split. Glad to hear you've done well with it.

jiac - Thanks a ton! That kind of support is most definitely appreciated. Hopefully I can make this work!

Frozenmoses
01-21-2003, 04:48 PM
My Detour bars came today. Holy effin' hell. These really are kickass. There's no way these things can be good for you.

MonStar
01-21-2003, 09:52 PM
Hows the split coming along Frozen? Pretty good?

WillKuenzel
01-21-2003, 09:58 PM
I'm going to have to try these Detour bars everybody keeps talking about.

As for tequila vs. vodka. Tequila wins everyday of the week. Its made me sick but regardless I still keep coming back.

Frozenmoses
01-22-2003, 06:39 PM
Mike - split is going great. I really enjoy this routine, and I think I'm going to make some pretty good progress with it. Thanks for the inquiry, bro.

HY - Give them a shot, man. I seriously can't believe that they're healthy.

Frozenmoses
01-22-2003, 06:43 PM
1/20/03

DB BP @ 55 lbs: 8, 6.5
CG Dips @ BW: 8, 4
Hammerstrength Tri Presses @ 160 lbs: 8, 8
Pec Dec Flyes @ 125 lbs: 8, 5
Lat Raises @ 22.5 lbs: 8
Standing Arnold Press @ 30 lbs: 6.5
Standing Overhead Press @ 30 lbs: 4

Bleh, not such a great workout. The lifts were fine, but the freeweight section was jam packed so my delts didn't get the TLC they deserved.

Frozenmoses
01-22-2003, 06:51 PM
1/22/03

Rack DL's w/paused lockout @ 295 lbs: 1x15 secs, 1x15 secs
SLDL's @ 225 lbs: 6, 6
Deep Powersquats @ 2 plates/side: 8, 8, 8
Midrep Decline Crunches w/40 lbs: 8, 10
Leg Curls @ 130 lbs: 8, 8
Seated Calf Extensions @ 260 lbs: 15, 10

Yow. Legs are hurtin' me bad after this. I did deepsquats today because I feel my glutes are lacking. I have way too much trouble at the bottom of my squats.

Also, I'm gonna be trying something new. I ordered an 8 week cycle of some 4-AD Ethergel capsules. I've heard some really good things about these, and I'm hoping to see some ace results. We shall see once they get here.

Mik
01-22-2003, 07:25 PM
FM, nice workout man! Lemme know how the 4-AD goes. Good luck.

MonStar
01-22-2003, 08:04 PM
Damn FM, the paused rack pulls look intense! Is that :15 pause at complete lockout?

Frozenmoses
01-22-2003, 09:07 PM
Yep, Mike. They're crazy hard. I'm hoping to get the grip of a gorilla doing these. Thanks for the post, dude.

ectx
01-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Hey monkey man. How far down for the deep powersquats? Workout's looking ace, foo'

Frozenmoses
01-22-2003, 09:50 PM
Hmm, I guess I go about 2" away from ATF on 'em. And thanks for the post, homeskillet. Oh yeah, I should be getting a call from GNC this week about a job. Must... have... cheap... supps.

WillKuenzel
01-22-2003, 10:00 PM
I keep thinking I'm going to try and get a part-time job at either the gym or a supplement store. I'd sure like to have a little break on some of those things. Good luck with it! New routine looks like its really working for you. Worksouts are coming along great!

Frozenmoses
01-23-2003, 07:44 AM
Yeah, I hear ya', HY. Supps can get damn expensive, and I'm the kind of guy who likes to try lots of different things to maximize my results, so it really hurts the wallet. Thanks a bunch for the kind words, amigo.

Frozenmoses
01-23-2003, 08:02 PM
1/23/03

Chins: 8, 7
BB Curls @ 65 lbs: 8, 5.5
Smith BB Rows @ 135 lbs: 8, 8
DB Preachers @ 27.5 lbs: 7
WG Pulldowns @ 130 lbs: 7 OH, 7 UH
Standing Alt. DB Curls @ 27.5 lbs: 4
HS Lat Pullovers @ 140 lbs: 7, @ 90 lbs: 8 (very slow ROM on last set)

Today felt great. Lifts weren't phenomenal improvements or anything, but my lats and bi's felt totally shredded. The last set of lat pullovers gave me the best contractions I've ever experienced, and the smith rows felt very ace as well.

WillKuenzel
01-23-2003, 08:11 PM
Nice job man! We used to have a HS lat pullover but they took it out when they got a T-bar. I guess I'd rather have the T-bar but the HS pullover was nice too. If they got rid of one of the 50 benches they have they might have some more room.

Mik
01-23-2003, 08:12 PM
Nice work FM! Gotta love that feeling eh?

Frozenmoses
01-24-2003, 07:54 AM
HY - Thanks bro. I haven't tried a T-bar yet, maybe I'll give those a whirl next Friday.

Mik - I appreciate it, man! Nothing feels quite as good as knowing you've had one of those 'perfect' workouts. The lifts may not be astronomical, but the feeling my body gets is almost euphoric.

Frozenmoses
01-24-2003, 07:57 AM
Blah, I weighed 165 this morning. I was hoping to be at 163 today. I don't know wtf the deal is either. I've been strict as hell about my diet this week. I ate 2100 cals from Monday-Wed, all clean foods, and 1900 cals yesterday, same clean foods. It better not be the friggin detour bars! Hah.

Haven't done cardio this week, been really busy. However, I will get more than my fair share tonight as my friends are playing a show tonight, and I always get a great moshpit going. Bringing the ankle brace along, because I have a feeling I'm gonna eff it up again.

Frozenmoses
01-25-2003, 03:23 PM
Woo, back from the show. I had a great time, too. Finished off half a bottle of bourbon and got my mosh on. The crowd was much bigger than I expected, lots of people who weren't regulars at their shows, and my friends were psyched to see that kind of turnout. My friend Kevin got booted out of the club for being too drunk, which sucked. I didn't scew up my ankle this time, so that's definitely a bonus.

Diet yesterday wasn't very good, but I don't give a damn. It was my cheat day! I ate pretty clean up until I started drinking. Then we went to Alamo Cafe after the show and I had a plate of beef quesadillas. I swear those things are of a divine origin. So good.

My girlfriend came with me to the show, and she brought a bunch of her raver friends along. It was definitely an experience for them. They're all used to parties with people dancing all happy, flashing lights, and peace, love, and teddybears. They weren't expecting to see bodies flying around or me jumping off speakers and circle skanking with a skinhead. Oh well, I think they had a good time regardless.

MonStar
01-25-2003, 04:35 PM
Good job on the Smith rows and the Hammer Strength pullovers, nice work FM---keep up the hard word man. Although I still say Westside all the way. Dont be like me though, stick with a program for a good 5-6 months.

Mik
01-26-2003, 08:29 AM
Ya gotta love the mosh pits! Aahhh I remember when...........

Frozenmoses
01-26-2003, 10:49 AM
Mike - Thanks for the support, bro. Yeah I was really pleased with that back workout, felt great. I would love to give westside a go, but I don't have a training partner for spots on ME days, and there's no way in hell I'd even consider asking any of the idiots at my gym for a spot. I think I'll stay with this routine until I move out around summer time, and then I'll have my best friend training with me for spots. Thanks again man.

Mik - Haha, I just love the intensity of a mosh pit. And I'm sayin, it's some of the best cardio around. You get winded like a mofo jumping through bodies and flying off speakers. And it beats the f*ck outta a treadmill!

ectx
01-26-2003, 11:44 AM
Alamo Cafe Quesadillas....mmmmmmmmm....Damn boy...I think I'm going to go eat one now. Nice workout. I just sarted using the HS lateral row machine...I think it's the same machine. I liked it. I think I'll file moshing under creative cardio.

Frozenmoses
01-26-2003, 12:44 PM
Hey ec, do you think that since the Spectrum Club is a division of Racquetball and Fitness, that my Spectrum pass will let me in R&C clubs too? I know it will let me in other Spectrums, but I'd much rather workout somewhere sans cellphoneclub.

ectx
01-26-2003, 12:54 PM
Yeah...It will. I've got a buddy who signed up at Spectrum but goes to Prue every once in a while.

Frozenmoses
01-26-2003, 12:55 PM
Hell yes, I'm outta that craphole then. I guess I'm gonna start going to the one on 281 and Brookhollow then. Yeehaw.

Frozenmoses
01-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Dammit to hell. I took my car in to get the doorlock panel replaced, and the stupid bastards lost my keys. That means I have no gym pass. I can still go to my fruityass spa gym, but I need the pass to get into the R&F I want to go to. And to top it off, the gym was packed with flamers today. Ugh.

1/27/03

DB BP @ 45 lbs: 8, @ 55 lbs: 8, 6
Arnold Press @ 40 lbs: 7, 5.5
CG Dips @ BW: 8, 6
Cable Tri Pushdows @ 70 lbs: 7, 8
Extended ROM Pec Dec Flyes @ 105 lbs: 8, 7
DB Shrugs @ 90 lbs: 10, 8
DB OH Press SS w/Side & Front Lat Raises @ 17.5 lbs: 6, 5

So so workout today. Not surprising though, my diet has been pretty much maintenance as of late. Still doing it clean, though. I've been trying to eat below maintenance, but my gut starts yelping before bed, and I usually sneak in another 300 cals or so which knocks me right above weightloss range. I'm gonna start taking a fiber supp tonight to hopefully combat the hunger. One good thing did come from this workout, though: My grip strength has gotten crazy better. Normally with my shrugs I'm struggling to keep the weight held, but the 90's felt like nothing. Looks like those static hold DL's are starting to pay off.

MonStar
01-27-2003, 08:01 PM
DB press strength is looking good man. When are you going to tackle the 60s?

WillKuenzel
01-27-2003, 08:03 PM
LOL, I normally stay out of the mosh pits but I got cauhgt up in one this weekend. There had been only one started the entire night and when my buddies band came on, they had the biggest crowd infront of the stage. Things went ballistic and so I just caught up in it. Lots of fun but not quite where I was wanting to be.

Frozenmoses
01-27-2003, 08:30 PM
Mike - Thanks, bro. I was actually gonna try to squeeze a few reps out of the 60s today, but this clique of curl jockies was taking turns passing the ones I wanted to use around. I'm gonna try to get there early next week and give em a go, though.

HY - Haha, I hear ya man. When you want to mosh, it's such a rush, but getting caught in one when you don't want to isn't very pleasant. What kind of music do your friends play?

Frozenmoses
01-27-2003, 08:32 PM
Oh, another update: Beefcakenutrition.com sucks. I ordered my 4-AD from them, and they told me I supplied the wrong shipping address, so I double checked the one I gave them, and it was correct. Anyway, I'm not getting my 4-AD.

I've decided to go with an 8 week cycle of Molecular Nutrition 1-Test Ethergels, with 6-OXO for post cycle. I'm hoping this sh*t is everything it's hyped up to be, because if it is, I'm thinking I'm gonna be pleased with the results.

Mik
01-28-2003, 07:24 AM
Good luck with it FM. I'll be watching to see what kind of results you get from it.

Frozenmoses
01-29-2003, 05:40 PM
Thanks, Mik. I have a good feeling about this stuff.

Frozenmoses
01-29-2003, 05:46 PM
1/29/03

Powersquats @ 3 plates/side: 8, 8, 8
Rack DL's @ 315 lbs: 15 sec lockout x 1, 5 sec lockout x 1
SLDL @ 225 lbs: 6, 6
Leg Curls @ 135 lbs: 8, 8
Seated Calf Extensions @ 260 lbs: 15, 15
Ab Machine Crunches @ 100 lbs: 10, 8

I got my Ethergels and 6-OXO today. I popped some before my WO, and I don't know if I was just psyched about this stuff working, but today felt like one of the best leg days I've had in a long time. Every squat was performed with ace form, and my glutes and quads were screaming when I got off. The Ab crunches were also done with a very slow ROM, and I got a mad contraction from them. All in all, today felt like 5 stars.

I've also decided to stop drinking for 8 weeks during my cycle. I figure the test is gonna be hard enough on my liver, no need to augment it with booze. This is gonna be tough for me, because I'm a friggin' lush, and my friends are too. I just have to keep asking myself how bad I want to succeed, though. I figure I'll be done with this cycle just in time for spring break anyways, so I'll just have a huge blowout when it rolls around.

Mik
01-29-2003, 06:49 PM
Awesome workout FM! Great strength there. As for the not drinking just take your training and diet discipline and apply it to this. No problem.

galileo
01-29-2003, 06:51 PM
Your legs are hella strong man. Get to work on that upper body!

bradley
01-30-2003, 06:33 AM
Nice leg workout. Hope you see the results you are looking for with the pro-hormones.

Frozenmoses
01-30-2003, 07:34 AM
Mik - Thanks a bunch, buddy. Good call on the drinking. I think if I'm hardcore enough about my lifting, an 8 week break from alcohol should be no prob.

Galileo - Thanks a bunch, dude. And you're right, my upper body sucks, lol. I'll get there!

Bradley - Thanks a bunch man, I appreciate the kind words.

galileo
01-30-2003, 04:36 PM
I didn't say sucks, I just said your legs are a bit beyond your upper body. My legs are teh suck, so we should combine to make the uber lifter.

(edit: I said legs beyond your legs...I'm stupid.)

Frozenmoses
01-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Ahh, I gotcha', G. I still say my upper body sucks though, heh. It's weird. To look at me, I have birdlike legs, and my upper body looks a bit stronger than the lower half. Frikky.

We will combine, though. I'm pretty good with Legos so I think it can happen, ohyes.

Frozenmoses
01-30-2003, 08:05 PM
1/30/03

20 mins of moderate cardio

Pretty funny today, this old bag is on the treadmill next to me going at a snail's pace. About halfway through my run, I see her stop and bend over, winded as hell. After a few heavy pants, she barfs all over the place. I just busted out laughing. I felt bad for the lady, but I get a kick out of watching someone blow chunks.

Also, gonna make a slight changeup to my routine starting next week. Nothing extreme (a la MonStar... j/k bro!), just gonna add in a day for delts/traps exclusively.

WillKuenzel
01-30-2003, 08:10 PM
LOL, I would have had a hard time not laughing too. That's just crazy. I guess it was good she was pushing herself but there is a limit. I doubt you'll see her again for awhile.

I agree on adding in a seperate day for delts and traps. It tends to make chest day a little easier and your shoulders get the attention they deserve.

Mik
01-30-2003, 08:10 PM
Man that is some funny $hit. Especially when I just finished legs and I'm fighting to keep my MRP down. Wish I could have seen that man I would have pi$$ed myself laughing.

*gets mature* Was she OK?

Frozenmoses
01-30-2003, 08:15 PM
HY - Haha, yeah I doubt she'll be making any appearances at the gym anytime soon. I know I sure as hell wouldn't. Yeah, I'm thinking a separate day will maximize the focus I can put on each muscle group. Thanks for the post, man.

Mik - LOL, yeah she was okay. Just really embarassed I guess. She got a bunch of towels and helped the janitor guy clean it up and then she jetted straight to the locker room. I was thinking she was gonna pass out right after it happen, but I guess a good puking was all she needed.

ectx
01-31-2003, 12:47 AM
LMAO @ Barfngeezer. When I ran distance I use to puke at the end or every other race...especially when I'd do relays (something about having your team mates cheering you in causes you to push way past the puking point). I puked at the end of my first 10K...was so funny because the pic I got of me crossing the finishline is of me puking. Most excellent leg day my friend.

bradley
01-31-2003, 05:39 AM
I have found that the added shoulder day has helped my shoulder strength. I was neglecting the shoulders when I was doing them after chest. Guess I was worn out from the chest exercises. What pressing movement do you use to train your delts?

Also might want to stay away from old people on treadmills when they are breathing heavy. Wouldn't want to catch any splashback;)

Frozenmoses
01-31-2003, 08:10 AM
ectx - Haha, I bet that's a great picture. You should post it here sometime. Thanks for the post, slick.

bradley - Cool, glad to hear you've seen good results from the added day. I only do Arnold Presses and DB OH Presses for pressing lifts on my delts. Oh, and if I had received any puke shrapnel, I would'a ran around like a headless chicken. Last time I got puked on I was 5, and I cried like there was no tomorrow.

MonStar
01-31-2003, 10:09 AM
Pretty funny today, this old bag is on the treadmill next to me going at a snail's pace. About halfway through my run, I see her stop and bend over, winded as hell. After a few heavy pants, she barfs all over the place. I just busted out laughing. I felt bad for the lady, but I get a kick out of watching someone blow chunks.

LOL, I would have been laughing too!

Frozenmoses
01-31-2003, 06:08 PM
1/31/03

Chins @ BW: 8, 6, 4
BB Curls @ 65 lbs: 8, 7.5
Smith BB Rows @ 145 lbs: 8 UH, 7 OH
Hammerstrength Lat Pullovers @ 100 lbs: 8, 8
WG Pulldowns @ 130 lbs: 7.5, @ 100 lbs: 8

Pretty tough arm day today. Slightly better than last weeks. I'm expecting some better progress next week, though. Felt pretty good overall, though.

This morning, I got a call around 9:45 right as I was reaching for my keys. It was my friends, and they had declared today a skip day. I could tell they were all either high or drunk, and they were begging me to skip with them. I sucked it up and declined though, because I'm going to be nothing but hardcore these next 8 weeks. I'm going to make this 1-Test work if it kills me, dammit.

Having said that, I figure it's probably a good idea for me to start posting my diet. Feel free to critique away, you gurus. Keep in mind, I'm trying to cut!

Meal 1: Detour Bar, 2 glasses of water, EFA Supplement, 2 1-T Ethergels, Multi-V. ~350 cals.

Meal 2: Nitrotech bar, 1 glass of water. ~300 cals

Meal 3: Detour Bar, 2 glasses of skim milk, 2 1-T Ethergels. ~400 cals.

Meal 4 (PWO): 1 Scoop Whey Isolate, 1 Scoop Optipro MRP, 5 g Glutamine. ~250 cals.

Meal 5: Tuna Sandwich on WW Bread, 2 glasses of water. ~350 cals.

Meal 6: Turkey Sandwich, 1 glass skim milk, 2 1-T Ethergels, MultiV. ~350 cals.

Right befo' bed: 2 glasses skim milk. ~120 cals.

Daily total: 2120

I'm gonna get cut, muthaf*cka.

Mik
01-31-2003, 06:56 PM
Nice workout FM.
The only thing I would day about the diet is there doesn't seem to be much real food. Just my $0.02.

Frozenmoses
01-31-2003, 07:21 PM
Yeah, Mik. I know what you're sayin'. I've always been a believer that a calorie is a calorie, though, so getting a bunch of my nutrition from supps doesn't seem too bad to me. I've actually been really confused about that. Is getting most of your cals from real food really that big of a factor? For me, supps are so much easier. Just grab a bar and go.

Mik
01-31-2003, 07:26 PM
I know where you're coming from FM. I'm kinda the same. Usually I try to get most of my cals from food because I've heard it's better to. If I don't though I don't feel guilty. I remember reading up on this but can't recall the reasoning. If it were me I wouldn't worry. Just playing devil's advocate hehe.:evillaugh

Frozenmoses
01-31-2003, 07:31 PM
Cool, man. I appreciate the input, bro. I guess I love bars so much because its a quick and easy source of protein. Most of the time, I don't have access to a good source of protein at school, and I absolutely refuse to touch cafeteria food, so bars are my only option. Ahh well, it's all good.

Ahh yes, and as promised, I finally got a friend to snap a pic of my tattoo. Here it is:

Mik
01-31-2003, 07:40 PM
Yeah bars are great to grab on the go. Glad to see you staying away from cafeteria food. I think as long as you're getting enough protein and calories you'll grow so keep scarfin' those Detours!;)

Cool tat man.

bradley
02-01-2003, 05:16 AM
Just keep you EFA intake up and you should be fine. Nice tat by the way.

So if you had one Tool album to pick what would it be?

Frozenmoses
02-01-2003, 07:00 AM
Good call on the EFA's, Brad. I take some Total EFA in the morning for my omega 3's, 6's, and 9's, but I might start taking a little flax, too. Thanks for the comments.

If I had to pick 1 tool almbum, it would be Ænima. It was the first album by them I ever heard, and it seemed a lot more edgy and raw than Opiate or Undertow. Lateralus is great, too, but Ænima has a nostalgic feeling with it because it feels like I grew up listening to it.

bradley
02-01-2003, 07:50 AM
I would have to agree with Lateralus coming in a close second:dj:

Frozenmoses
02-01-2003, 11:50 AM
2/1/03

2 mile jog. Wahoo for cardio. I'll post my diet lata, as the day is only halfway over, and I've only eaten half my meals.

Frozenmoses
02-02-2003, 01:04 PM
Diet yesterday was identical to previous diet, except I did something dumb last night. I had a hamburger. Argh. It tasted totally kickass, and hopefully that got the craving out of my system for a while.

Mik
02-02-2003, 01:52 PM
Don't worry about it FM. As long as it's not a regular staple of your diet you're OK. I know the feeling man, I ate crap yesterday myself.

Frozenmoses
02-02-2003, 02:22 PM
Yeah, you're right, Mik. Burgers are definitely not a staple in my diet. Actually, the only reason I ate one last night is that I got stoned with my friend one last time, because I told him I would before we go off to college. I even brought a Detour bar with me to combat the munchies, but they all wanted to go to IHOP, and when the waitress handed me the menu, there was no turning back. It's all good, though, since I won't be smoking anymore.

Frozenmoses
02-02-2003, 05:37 PM
2/2/02

1.5 miles of cardio.

Diet: ~2300 cals for the day.

Feh.

Frozenmoses
02-03-2003, 06:17 PM
2/3/02

DB BP @ 60 lbs: 6.5, @ 50 lbs: 8, 5.5
Pec Dec Flyes @ 125 lbs: 8, 5
CG Dips @ BW: 8, 5.5
Hammerstrength Chest Press @ 90 lbs: 8, 8
DB OH Tricep Extensions @ 55 lbs: 8
Skullcrushers @ 60 lbs: 5, @ 50 lbs: 6.5
Cable Tricep Pushdowns @ 50 lbs: 4, @ 40 lbs: 7

Diet:
Meal 1: Detour Bar, Orange Peach Mango Juice, EFA's, 2 1-T Ethergels, MultiV. ~450 cals
Meal 2: Detour Bar. ~300 cals
Meal 3: Corn Chips and Salsa, Orange Peach Mango Juice, 2 1-T Ethergels. ~ 450 cals
Meal 4 (PWO): 1 Scoop OptiPro MRP, 1 scoop Whey Isolate, 5g Glutamine. ~250 cals
Meal 5: Turkey Sammich on WW Bread, Milk. ~400 cals
Meal 6: Tuna Salad, watah. ~200 cals
Right befo' bed: 2 glasses of milk, 2 1-T Ethergels, MultiV. ~120 cals.

Daily Total: ~2170 cals

Today felt like a pretty good day. Was really pleased with the DB Presses. I was hoping to squeeze out 4, but I really surprised myself with 6.5 Would've had 7, but I got stuck right before the lockout on that last rep. All is well, though. Gym was packed to hell with idiots again. Go figure. This guy sat at the flat bench doing concentration curls with a 15 lbs weight for about 40 reps, even though there were people waiting for the bench that were going to put it to real use. I hate idiots.

WillKuenzel
02-03-2003, 08:38 PM
Nice workout dude. Diet's looking ace too.

Gym was packed to hell with idiots again. Go figure. This guy sat at the flat bench doing concentration curls with a 15 lbs weight for about 40 reps, even though there were people waiting for the bench that were going to put it to real use. I hate idiots.I think that same guy works out at my gym. Mondays and Tuesdays are just crazy. I need to find a less fufu gym. Way too many people thinks its a singles bar.

Mik
02-04-2003, 07:43 AM
C'mon he was just trying to tone up;)

Frozenmoses
02-04-2003, 08:15 AM
HY - LOL, you and me both, man.

Mik - Could be, I think I've seen him doing some DB Kickbacks with some 7.5 lbs'ers before. He's probably just looking for the Brad Pitt physique.

I have the worst case of tricep DOMS I've ever experienced today. Rock on. Chest is feeling pretty tore up as well.

bradley
02-04-2003, 10:36 AM
Every now and then there is a guy that comes to the gym where I workout that has the neon blue or green sweatsuit on and whatever color suit he has on that is what color powerade he has as well. Just noticed it one day and have paid attention to see if it was just a coincidence or a pattern. The headband is the clencher. One day he comes over and tells me to take it easy, looks like I am straining, or something to that effect.

Mik
02-04-2003, 11:02 AM
Wouldn't wanna strain yourself in the gym!lol

Frozenmoses
02-04-2003, 06:48 PM
brad - Good lord. He color coordinates his sweats with his powerade? That's some funny sh*t!

Frozenmoses
02-04-2003, 06:54 PM
2/4/03

2 miles of cardio. Kapow.

Diet:
Meal 1: Detour Bar, 2 glasses of skim milk, EFA's, 2 1-T Ethergels, MultiV. ~450 cals
Meal 2: Nitrotech Bar. ~300 cals
Meal 3: Detour Bar, 1 glass of skim milk, chips + salsa, 2 1-T Ethergels. ~650 cals
Meal 4 (PWO): 1 Scoop OptiPro MRP, 1 Scoop whey isolate, 5 g glutamine. ~250 cals
Meal 5: Chicken Caesar Salad. ~250 cals
Meal 6: Turkey Sammich, 2 1-T Ethergels, MultiV. ~300 cals
Right befo' bed: 1 glass of skim milk. ~60 cals

Daily Total: ~2260 cals

Today was an alright day. Diet and training wise it was fine, but it just kinda went crappy as the day progressed. I got home and got out of my car to pee in my lawn. I was staring up at the stars and didn't notice I was peeing on my own foot. Fun. Went inside and my neighbors children are beating away on my guitar. I want to squish children.

Mik
02-04-2003, 07:25 PM
Next time, save your lawn and pee on the little brats!

WillKuenzel
02-04-2003, 07:43 PM
Went inside and my neighbors children are beating away on my guitar. I want to squish children.I've killed people for less. Nobody touches my baby but me!!

bradley
02-05-2003, 03:06 AM
How are the ethergels working out for you? Have started to see any results?

Frozenmoses
02-05-2003, 07:37 AM
Mik & HY - Yes yes! Next time, the kiddies get golden showers for touching Ernie.

brad - So far, I'm pretty pleased with the Ethergels. I look like I've leaned up a tad, and my strength has increased in just a week. My weight is staying pretty stagnant, but that's no big deal as long as I can see changes in the mirror. The only side I've noticed so far is increased aggression. I'm normally a really laid back guy, but I have very little tolerance for things since I started my cycle.

MonStar
02-05-2003, 08:00 AM
Diet is looking good man, keep it up. LOL, I always try and think of another name to call you instead of typing out F-r-o-z-e-n-m-o-s-e-s.. but I can never think of one. Maybe your first name in real life?

galileo
02-05-2003, 08:08 AM
Dear Mo,

Stay away from my Detour Bars.

Sincerely,
galileo

Frozenmoses
02-05-2003, 08:15 AM
Mike - LOL, I gotcha' man. Call me Wade. Thanks for the post.

Galileo - I am down to 1 box. I will track you like a bleeding deer, and totally maim you praying mantis style if it means I'll get more Detours.

Frozenmoses
02-05-2003, 07:21 PM
2/5/03

Powersquats @ 3 plates + 25/side: 8, 8
Leg Curls @ 140 lbs: 8, 4
Leg Extensions @ 115 lbs: 8, @ 130 lbs: 8
Calf Extensions @ 280 lbs: 10, 10, @ 240 lbs: 11
Slow ROM Decline Crunches @ 50 lbs: 10, 10
Hanging Leg Raises @ 25 lbs: 8, 8

Felt like a pretty good leg day today. I was really pleased with my strength on the powersquats. I felt like I could've done more on the Leg Curls, but the pressure on my shins was unbearable. Two babes were training together, and I caught both of 'em staring at me during my squats. So sweet.

Diet:
Meal 1: Detour Bar, 2 glasses of skim milk, EFA's, 2 1-T Ethergels, MultiV. ~450 cals
Meal 2: NitroTech Bar. ~300 cals
Meal 3: Spaghetti w/meat sauce, garlic bread, 2 1-T Ethergels. ~600 cals
Meal 4 (PWO): 1 Scoop OptiPro MRP, 1 scoop Whey Isolate, 5 g glutamine. ~250 cals
Meal 5: Turkey Sammich. ~300 cals
Meal 6: Tuna Salad, 2 1-T Ethergels, MultiV. ~200 cals
Right befo' bed: 2 glasses of skim milk. ~120 cals

Daily total: ~2220 cals

Ace.

Mik
02-05-2003, 07:27 PM
Nice squats FM! Great strength here man. How are the ethergels workin' for ya? I has spagetti tonight too. Mmmmmmm pasta!

Frozenmoses
02-05-2003, 07:30 PM
Mik - Thanks bro, I appreciate it. I'm loving the Ethergels so far. Sides have been very minimal, its been almost all aggression for me so far and I'm timid anyway so I can use the temporary alter ego. Each day I'm looking better in the mirror, and my lifts are still moving up, so definitely no complaints as of yet.

Spaghetti is totally kickass, btw. Nothing gives me energy quite like a huge bowl of pasta, short of a line of crank.

*rimshot*

WillKuenzel
02-05-2003, 11:35 PM
Nice leg day dude!! You're strength keeps going up and quick like too.

I'm having spaghetti this evening too. Good call!

bradley
02-06-2003, 06:42 AM
How does a powersquat differ from a regular back squat? Workout and diet looks solid. Something is working for you because the weights are increasing very nicely.

Frozenmoses
02-06-2003, 07:33 AM
HY - Thanks a bunch man. I appreciate the kind words.

brad - Powersquat is done on a machine with 2 supports that come over your shoulders and allow you to alter your leg positioning to squat at different angles. That's the reason I do them; I can target my glutes more if I move my feet, or I can stand in regular squat position and hit my quads more. MonStar got me hooked on 'em. And thanks for the positive comments, bro.

Frozenmoses
02-06-2003, 02:43 PM
2/6/03

Skipped school today. I was almost to the campus and Felicia called and asked me to skip with her. Obviously I did. I needed the day off anyway. We just chilled out and watched a movie. Then I hit the gym.

Arnold Press @ 45 lbs: 5, @ 40 lbs: 8
Cable Side Lat Raises @ 20 lbs: 8L, 8R, 8L, 8R
Seated Lateral Extensions @ 120 lbs: 8, 8
DB OH Press @ 40 lbs: 8, 8
DB Side Lat Raises SS w/Front Raises @ 15 lbs: 8, 8
Slow ROM DB Shrugs @ 60 lbs: 10, 8

Felt like a good day today. My traps and delts feel like pudding right now. It's pretty sweet. The vascularity in my forearms is starting to get pretty crazy. I love it.

Diet:
Meal 1: Detour Bar, 2 cups of skim milk, EFA's, 2 1-T Ethergels, MultiV. ~450 cals
Meal 2: Spaghetti, 2 1-T Ethergels. ~600 cals
Meal 3: 1 Scoop OptiPro MRP, 1 Scoop whey isolate, 5 g glutamine. ~250 cals
Meal 4: Detour Bar. ~300 cals
Meal 5: Turkey Sammich. ~300 cals
Meal 6: Tuna Salad, 2 1-T Ethergels. ~200 cals
Right befo' bed: 2 glasses skim milk, MultiV. ~120 cals

Daily total: ~2220 cals.

Frozenmoses
02-10-2003, 04:52 PM
Taking a week-long break from journal updates. I have the week off from school, and I'm going camping on Wednesday with some buddies followed by a trip to the coast, so I won't be keeping tabs. I'm still going to be lifting when possible, but no numbahs. I know, I know, but I'm sure once the tears dry you'll understand. Peace for now, homies.

Frozenmoses
02-14-2003, 06:14 PM
Ok, back from camping. Did bad things, diet sucked, but it's all good because I had a great time. If I get around to getting my film developed, I'll post a few pics.

Frozenmoses
02-14-2003, 06:18 PM
2/10/03

DB BP @ 60 lbs: 7, 3.5
Dips @ BW: 8, 8
Tri Pushdowns @ 50 lbs: 8, @ 60 lbs: 8
Cable Flyes @ 80 lbs: 8, @ 100 lbs: 7
HS Incline Chest Press @ 110 lbs: 4.5, @ 90 lbs: 5
HS Tri Pushdowns @ 140 lbs: 8, 8

Diet: Don't remember, so sowwy.

Frozenmoses
02-14-2003, 06:33 PM
2/14/03

Chins @ 10 lbs: 7, 3
DB Rows @ 65 lbs: 8R, 8L, 8R, 8L
BB Curls @ 75 lbs: 8, 4.5
HS Lat Pullovers @ 140 lbs: 8, @ 160 lbs: 8
WG Cable Rows @ 100 lbs: 8, 8
DB Curls @ 25 lbs: 8L, 8R, 8L, 8R

Diet:
Meal 1: 2 glasses of 2% milk. ~240 cals
Meal 2: Detour bar, 1 glass skim milk, 2 1-T Ethergels, EFA's, MultiV. ~450 cals
Meal 3 (PWO): 1 Scoop OptiPro MRP, 1 Scoop whey isolate, 2 1-T Ethergels. ~ 250 cals
Meal 4: Turkey Sammich. ~300 cals
Meal 5: Detour bar, milk. ~400 cals
Meal 6: Steak, potatoes, 2 1-T Ethergels. ~500 cals
Right befo' bed: Milk, Multi V
Daily Total: 2200 cals

WillKuenzel
02-14-2003, 09:54 PM
Nice back and bi's workout. Diet is looking pretty good. Staying pretty clean ain't it.

You still bulking at the moment?

bradley
02-15-2003, 05:20 AM
Glad to see you back FM. A little camping is good for you every now and then. Especially when school starts getting hectic.

Did you stay on the ethergels while you were camping? Nice back workout, chins looking good.

Frozenmoses
02-15-2003, 06:01 AM
HY - Thanks man. Still doing pretty decent with the diet. No, not bulking. I'm trying to get cut down for spring break. If I were bulking, I'd probably be eating in the 2700ish range, or even up to 3000 since I'm on the ethergels.

bradley - Thanks bro. Camping really eased up a bunch of stress I've had lately. I took my ethergels with me while I camped, yes. Thanks for the post, mang.

ectx
02-15-2003, 11:32 AM
where'd you go camping Mo?

Mik
02-15-2003, 01:43 PM
Welcome back Mo! Hope you had a great time camping. Nice couple of workouts since you got back!

Frozenmoses
02-15-2003, 11:22 PM
ectx - Went up to Inks Lake State Park and camped at the Devil's Waterhole. The granite cliffs were beautiful, and a b*tch to climb while slick.

Mik - Thanks man! I had a blast, and even tried to pick up some hillbilly girls which was totally ace. I appreciate the support.

Frozenmoses
02-16-2003, 04:38 PM
2/16/03

Training:
1/2 mile warmup on treadmill, 20 mins on stationary bike

Diet:
Meal 1: Detour Bar, 1 glass skim milk, EFA's, 2 1-T Ethergels, MultiV. ~450 cals
Meal 2: Chips + Salsa, 2 1-T Ethergels. ~300 cals
Meal 3 (PWO): 1 Scoop OptiPro MRP, 1 Scoop Whey Isolate, a ****load of glutamine (it came out faster than I was expecting). ~250 cals
Meal 4: Turkey Sammich. ~300 cals
Meal 5: 11 oz ribeye steak, assorted veggies, 2 1-T ethergels. ~500 cals
Right befo' bed: 2 glasses skim milk, MultiV. ~160 cals

Daily Total: ~1960 cals.

Definitely starting to look leaner. I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me, but I might have a six pack slowly developing. I can't be sure, though, since I've been fat my whole life pretty much. I bought some Animal Cuts to finish off this cut at the same time as my 1-Test. I'm gonna go with 1 Pak/day for 1 week, 2 Paks/day for 1 week, and then finish it up at 3 Paks/day. Dear god, let this work.

Mik
02-16-2003, 05:00 PM
Nice work Mo! Sounds like the cut is working for ya. Keep it up man. And stay away from hillbilly chicks.tuttut

Frozenmoses
02-16-2003, 05:15 PM
lol, thanks Mik. I appreciate the kind words. And come on, hillbilly chicks are great when you're drunk! Except when they chew tobacco.

Egh.

bradley
02-17-2003, 05:39 AM
lol, no:hump: hillbilly girls...

Frozenmoses
02-17-2003, 06:31 PM
2/17/03

Training:
DB BP @ 60 lbs: 8, 5
Dips +10lbs: 8, 3
Pec Dec Flyes @ 135 lbs: 8, 3
Hammerstrength Decline Chest Press @ 110 lbs: 8, 6.5
Tricep Press Machine @ 85 lbs: 7, 6
Incline Chest Press Machine @ 135 lbs: 5.5, @ 120 lbs: 4
Incline DB Flyes @ 27.5 lbs: 8, 6.5

Diet:
Meal 1: Detour Bar, EFA's, 2 1-T Ethergels, MultiV. ~350 cals
Meal 3: Chips + Salsa, 2 1-T Ethergels. ~300 cals
Meal 4 (PWO): 1 Scoop OptiPro MRP, 1 Scoop Whey Isolate, lotsa glutamine. ~250 cals
Meal 5: 2 slices of whole wheat bread, tuna salad. ~300 cals
Meal 6: Turkey Sammich, 2 1-T Ethergels. ~300 cals
Right befo' bed: Half a NitroTech Bar, MultiV. ~150 cals

Daily Total: ~1950 cals

Today felt like a damn good day. Progressed in my reps in DB Press, and it was my first time dipping with weight. My strength is definitely improving, but my endurance is somewhat lackluster. It's all good, though. Diet felt spot on today as well, which is definitely a mood booster.

I've been reading a lot about leptin and refeeding during a cut, and I think I'm gonna sit down tonight and figure out a refeed meal plan for myself to finish out this cut. I'm hoping this will be beneficial, or else I'ma shoot myself. Bam bam!

Mik
02-17-2003, 06:37 PM
Nice strength gains Mo! Trying to get jacked for the hillbilly chicks?:D Diet is lloking solid too. How mush longer is your cycle?

Looks like a week off did ya some good.

Frozenmoses
02-17-2003, 06:45 PM
Mik - Thanks, duder. lol, I hope my girlfriend doesn't somehow come across my journal and see all of this talk of hillbilly skanks. Oh well, maybe she'll feel threatened and start putting out more.

Cycle is still a long way from ovah. I'll be 3 weeks into it on Wednesday, and after that I still have 5 more weeks. If my gains (and losses) keep going at this rate, I have a feeling I'm going to be one dead sexy motherf*cker by the time I'm done.

I've got, hiiiiiiiiiiiigh hopes.

*skips away with a pinwheel*

Frozenmoses
02-17-2003, 07:54 PM
I posted this in the Diet forum also, but I figured this is a good place to put it as well.

Okay, I've worked out a refeed fo' my sweet, sweet ass. Please feel free to yell and scream at all of my eff ups.

Meal 1: 1 Slice WW Bread, 1 Tbsp jelly, 1 Tbsp Natty PB, 2 cups orange peach mango juice, 1 tbsp flax.
Meal 2: Detour bar, 2 servings of orange juice.
Meal 3: 1 Potato, 2 servings of turkey breast, 1 serving cheese, 1 cup orange peach mango juice.
Meal 4 (PWO): 3 scoops of Cytogainer
Meal 5: 2.5 servings of tuna, 1 Tbsp Miracle Whip, 2 slices WW Bread.
Meal 6: 1 Potato, 2 servings of turkey breast, 1 serving of cheese, 1 Tbsp of flax, 1 cup of skim milk.

And the breakdown is...

Fat - 76 g
Protein - 184 g
Carbs - 355 g
Cals - 2825

Comments?

SWOLE
02-17-2003, 08:39 PM
What is your weight at and waht are you trying to get too???
sorry if i missed it somewhere down the line

Frozenmoses
02-17-2003, 08:57 PM
Hey Swole, thanks for reading.

Right now I'm at 165 lbs, and I don't necessarily have a weight goal. I'm really just trying to cut down to 10% bf or so, and I'm at 17-20% right now. Keep in mind that I'm using some 1-Test, so I'm a little "superhuman" at the moment.

:D

SWOLE
02-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Isn't 1-Test for puting on mass??? So wont you be gaining muscle mass like a mad man?? I think if you were to keep a good diet and lift for mass, the fat pounds would start falling off just as fast?? I dont know much for 1-Test, so sorry if i sound not all there.

SWOLE
02-17-2003, 09:20 PM
sorry, now that i looked at your rep scheme above, you are doing some heavy training, nevermind... I am interested though how the 1-Test works out. I have considered taking 1-AD when I start to plateau. good luck!

bradley
02-18-2003, 03:14 AM
Nice workout FM. Strength increases while in a caloric deficit are always a plus. Weighted dips looked strong. Maybe one day I will be able to do dips with a belt:rolleyes:

Frozenmoses
02-18-2003, 09:12 PM
SWOLE - Thanks a bunch, man. I hope I don't let ya down.

Brad - Thanks man, I'm really pleased with what I've got going on. If it makes ya feel any better, I didn't use a belt for my dips. Hehe, I just put a plate between my knees. I woulda felt like too much of a jackass strapping on a belt for only 10 lbs. Maybe once I get up to 25's.

:strong:

Frozenmoses
02-18-2003, 09:17 PM
2/18/03

20 mins of cardio on el stationary bike.

Diet:

Meal 1: Detour Bar, EFA's, 2 1-T Ethergels, MultiV. ~350 cals
Meal 3: Chips + Salsa, 2 1-T Ethergels. ~300 cals
Meal 4 (PWO): 1 Scoop OptiPro MRP, 1 Scoop whey isolate, glutamine. ~250 cals
Meal 5: Turkey Sandwich, 1 glass skim milk. ~370 cals
Meal 6: Tuna Salad sandwich, 2 1-T ethergels. ~300 cals
Right befo' bed: 2 glasses skim milk, MutliV. ~160 cals

Daily total: ~2030 cals

Weather was great today. Sometimes I really do love Texas. Wasn't hot, wasn't cold, was just breezy and pleasant. Also, went to Felicia's since her dad and brother went to the Spurs game and had our Valentines Day evening since she was gone for the real thing. Didn't get any booty, but I rounded second tonight!

Frozenmoses
02-18-2003, 09:20 PM
Blood&Iron gave me some tips on tweaking my refeed, so this is the new diet I came up with. I'm hoping this one is the right one, because digging my sh*t out of the fridge/pantry is a pain in the ass to get this all sorted. If this is a proper refeed, I'ma start doing this every 5 days come Thursday.

Meal 1: 4 cups of Lucky Charms, 3 cups of skim milk
Meal 2: Detour bar, 2.5 servings of orange juice
Meal 3: 1 potato, 2 servings of chicken breast, 1 serving of cheese, 1 cup of orange peach mango juice
Meal 4: 3 scoops of Cytogainer
Meal 5: 4 cups of Lucky Charms, 3 cups of skim milk
Meal 6: 1 potato, 2 servings of turkey breast, 1 serving of cheese

Breakdown:

Fat - 41g
Protein - 191g
Carbs - 508g

Cals - 3185

WillKuenzel
02-18-2003, 10:58 PM
You liking those Lucky Charms eh? I'm a Fruit Loops kind of guy myself.

Frozenmoses
02-18-2003, 11:02 PM
Lucky Charms is teh pwn. I plan on gaining another 60 lbs of LBM just so I can mow down a couple boxes of them a day without worry of bodyfat. I used to be a big Froot Loops guy myself, but they make my mouth feel sore when consumed in massive quantities.

bradley
02-19-2003, 03:14 AM
Count Chocula=ace:) or maybe some fruity pebbles

MonStar
02-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Nice DB pressing strength FM, keep up the hard work man. Diet is looking good too---FAR better than mine, LOL.

ectx
02-19-2003, 05:18 PM
Fruit Loops...hmmmm. They make me burp funny though.

Saw your pic for teh WBB yearbook...growing up there Chuy.

Frozenmoses
02-19-2003, 06:31 PM
brad - holy damn, I haven't had count chocula in ages. I think I might pick a box of that up soon!

Mike - Thanks man, I appreciate it. I've been on my ass about my diet and its paying off slowly but surely, so hopefully I'll get there soon.

ec - Yeah, I'm growin' the beard out to please my woman. She's into facial hair. Notice the Dwyatt Yokum cowboy hat? Gotta' represent us rednecks.

Frozenmoses
02-19-2003, 06:35 PM
Ok, my refeed is finally tweaked to perfection, and I will start tomorrow. It's very close to the last one I posted, just swapped the juice for Kool Aid and swapped one serving of regular cheese for fat free. I'm freaking excited about waking up to a huge bowl of Lucky Charms; I haven't done that since summer.

Meal 1: 4 cups Lucky Charms, 3 cups skim milk.
Meal 2: Detour Bar, 4 servings of Kool Aid.
Meal 3: 1 Potato, 2 servings of turkey breast, cheese, 2 servings of Kool Aid.
Meal 4 (PWO): 3 scoops of Cytogainer.
Meal 5: 4 cups of Lucky Charms, 3 cups of skim milk.
Meal 6: 1 potato, 2 servings of chicken breast, 1 serving of fat free cheese.

Breakdown:

Fat - 32 g
Protein - 188 g
Carbs - 512 g
Cals - 3090

Frozenmoses
02-19-2003, 06:44 PM
2/19/03

Training:

Powersquats @ 3 plates + 35/side: 8, 7
SLDL @ 135 lbs: 8, @ 225 lbs: 6
Seated 1 legged calf raises @ 120 lbs: 8L, 8R, @ 140 lbs: 8L, 8R
Seated Leg Extensions @ 145 lbs: 8, 8
Ab Crunch Machine @ 115 lbs: 7.5, @ 105 lbs: 8, @ 100 lbs: 5
Single-legged curls @ 65 lbs: 8L, 8R, 8L, 6R

Da-yumn. Legs are toasted. I'm mega ultra pleased with my strength on the powersquats, and I took them to absolute failure. I got stuck under the freaking machine when I tried to squeeze out one last rep to make an 8th, and after a bit of laughing, I managed to squeeze my way out. Never thought I'd be so pleased to get stuck under something. Legs are wobbly as hell still, and I'm expecting some intense DOMS tomorrow.

Diet:

Meal 1: Detour Bar, EFA's, 2 1-T ethergels, MultiV. ~350 cals
Meal 3: Chips + Salsa, 2 1-T ethergels. ~300 cals
Meal 4 (PWO): 1 scoop OptiPro MRP, 1 scoop whey isolate, glutamine. ~250 cals
Meal 5: Turkey sandwich. ~300 cals
Meal 6: Turkey breast + salsa, 2 1-T ethergels. ~250 cals
Right befo' bed: 2 cups skim milk, MultiV. ~160 cals

Daily total: ~1910 cals

Same ol' sh*t.

Mik
02-19-2003, 08:14 PM
Nice leg session Mo. I know where you'll be tomorrow......hobbling round like a gimp! I've been doing it since Saturday. Gotta love DOMS. Great work man.

rookiebldr
02-19-2003, 08:18 PM
I'd have to vote for the Fruit Loops as well. Somehow chocolate cereal never did for me, but it seemed to be that B&I loved the chocolate stuff. Good luck on the refeeds FM. I've been pretty much stuck at the same weight as you. I keep thinking that refeeds would be the answer to my carb cravings but I'm lacking the dedication to implement one. So all the best to you.

p.s. It would seem that I have missed posting in here anyway since I have mentioned it before well done on the lifting progress. It's especially tough while dieting even with the 1-t.

WillKuenzel
02-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Never thought I'd be so pleased to get stuck under something.LOL, there's a couple things I would be happy to be stuck under.

Gimpiness rocks!

Frozenmoses
02-20-2003, 07:29 AM
Mik - Thanks man. The phone rang this morning and woke me up, and when I stepped out of bed to go answer it I fell down. Quads are burning me like no other right now.

rookie - Thanks a bunch, duder. Started my refeed this morning, and damn, I didn't realize how big 4 servings of Lucky Charms really was, heh. Stuffing myself silly right now. Thanks for the kind words and support, my brotha.

HY - Hmmm, damn good point. I just had machines on my mind when I posted, but I'm gonna have to agree with you now. Just as long as it's not the stuck-under-a-fat-chick kind of stuck.

MonStar
02-20-2003, 07:52 AM
Nice strength on the power squats FM! Keep up the hard work man. Diet is looking good too.

Frozenmoses
02-21-2003, 02:27 PM
Mike - Thanks a bunch, bro. Things are really starting to feel "on" for me, I don't know. It just seems like all of the dieting and training is becoming more and more effective and rewarding.

2/20/03

Training:

Arnold Press @ 45 lbs: 6, @ 40 lbs: 7
DB Lat Raises @ 25 lbs: 8, @ 30 lbs: 5, @ 20 lbs: 8
Seated Lateral Extensions @ 135 lbs: 8, 6
Shoulder Press Machine @ 70 lbs: 5
Cable Lat Raises @ 30 lbs: 8R, 7L, @ 20 lbs: 8R, 8L
Bentover DB Lat Extensions @ 15 lbs: 8, @ 25 lbs: 3, @ 20 lbs: 6
Shrugs @ 95 lbs: 10, 10
Shrugs w/2 sec pause at top @ 50 lbs: 10

Yow. I hurt after this.

Diet:

Meal 1: 4 cups Lucky Charms, 3 cups skim milk, 2 1-T ethergels, MultiV.
Meal 2: Detour Bar, 4 servings of Kool Aid.
Meal 3: 1 Potato, 2 servings of turkey breast, cheese, 2 servings of Kool Aid, 2 1-T ethergels.
Meal 4 (PWO): 3 scoops of Cytogainer.
Meal 5: 4 cups of Lucky Charms, 3 cups of skim milk, 2 1-T ethergels, MultiV.
Meal 6: 1 potato, 2 servings of chicken breast, 1 serving of fat free cheese.

Stuck to my refeed exactly. I was so full all day, and it was totally kickass. I like refeeds.

Frozenmoses
02-21-2003, 02:32 PM
2/21/03

BB Rows @ 135 lbs: 8, 8
BB Curls @ 75 lbs: 8, 5.5
Hammerstrength Lat Pullovers @ 180 lbs: 8, 8
DB Rows @ 70 lbs: 7R, 8L, 6R, 5L
DB Curls @ 30 lbs: 8R, 8L, 8R, 8L, 6R, 6L
WG Cable Low Rows @ 110 lbs: 8, 8

Felt good today. It was senior skip day, so I got to the gym at a very off-peak time so I had the freeweights to myself. Go me!

Diet:

Meal 1: Detour Bar, 2 1-T ethergels, MultiV, EFA's. ~350 cals
Meal 2 (PWO): 1 Scoop OptiPro MRP, 1 Scoop Whey Isolate, glutamine, 2 1-T ethergels. ~250 cals
Meal 3: Detour Bar, Orange Juice. ~450 cals
Meal 4: Tuna salad, 2 slices WW bread, fat free cheese. ~350 cals
Meal 5: Turkey sandwich, 2 1-T ethergels. ~300 cals
Meal 6: Detour bar, MultiV. ~300 cals
Right befo' bed: 2 cups skim milk. ~160 cals

Daily Total: ~2160 cals

bradley
02-22-2003, 05:11 AM
That refeed day looked like it was fun:) Nice workouts FM, really progressing nicely:thumbup:

Frozenmoses
02-23-2003, 10:13 AM
bradley - Thanks bro! It was a nice breath of fresh air to eat like a bear again, hehe. I appreciate the supportive comments, man.

2/22/03

10 mins HIIT cardio on stationary bike, 10 more mins at moderate intensity.

Diet: It was actually picture perfect up until night time. I got stoned at my friends house and did a wee bit of munching. A little bit of popcorn and some cookies, nothing lethal. Probably had ~2400 cals total yesterday, so it won't kill me. Blah, I still hate when I do that, though. Next time I'll plan ahead and bring a Detour with me.

Frozenmoses
02-23-2003, 03:05 PM
2/23/03

Training:

20 mins on stationary bike. This cardio sh*t isn't all that hard anymore.

Diet:

Meal 1: 2 servings Lucky Charms, 1.5 cups skim milk, Multi V, EFAs, 2 1-T ethergels. ~400 cals
Meal 2: Potato, 1 sv. cheese, 2 sv turkey breast. ~300 cals
Meal 3 (PWO): 2 scoop Cytogainer. ~300 cals
Meal 4: 2 servings Kool Aid, Chicken Caesar Salad, 2 1-T ethergels. ~450 cals
Meal 5: Chicken breast, salsa, 2 1-T ethergels. ~200 cals
Meal 6: Tuna Sandwich, MultiV. ~300 cals
Right befo' bed: 2 cups skim milk. ~160 cals

Daily total: ~2110 cals

Saint Patrick
02-23-2003, 04:21 PM
"Frozenmoses
Teh Big Jesus"

so are you moses or jesus?

you can't be both, ya know.....

Frozenmoses
02-23-2003, 05:41 PM
My mom says I can be anything I want. And welcome to my journal!

:moon:

SWOLE
02-23-2003, 06:10 PM
i fthe cardio isnt that hard anymore, why dont you up it and do some sprints to switch it up?

Frozenmoses
02-23-2003, 06:30 PM
Because its still not THAT easy, haha.

I did a little sprint work the other day and I was only able to keep it up for a short time. I think I'm gonna build up to 30 mins on the bike, and then start going for full blown HIIT training.

Frozenmoses
02-23-2003, 06:45 PM
Just a wee update, I'm bumping my next refeed day from Tuesday to tomorrow. Reason being it's my friend's 18th birthday on Saturday, and I plan on getting hammered, so I might as well squeeze the beer carbs in on the next refeed day.

SWOLE
02-23-2003, 07:09 PM
NICE!!!! GET WASTED!!!!! I did last night...

rookiebldr
02-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Well now that's planning. :)

Frozenmoses
02-23-2003, 09:04 PM
SWOLE - 4 guys and a keg to ourselves, I have a feeling I can already call it Mission Accomplished.

rookie - My mama didn't drop me on the head for nothin'!

ectx
02-23-2003, 10:18 PM

rookie - My mama didn't drop me on the head for nothin'!

I knew it! Mellon head.

Mik
02-24-2003, 08:24 AM
SWOLE - 4 guys and a keg to ourselves, I have a feeling I can already call it Mission Accomplished.

Now that's a refeed! Talk about dedication. :D

Frozenmoses
02-24-2003, 06:35 PM
ec - What can I say? It gets me the babes. Booya, grandma.

Mik - Damn straight, lol. I know I said I wasn't gonna be drinking on my cycle, but he's my best friend and he only turns 18 once, so I figure what the hey.

Mik
02-24-2003, 06:45 PM
We'll let ya off the hook this time Mo. You've earned it man!

Frozenmoses
02-24-2003, 06:46 PM
2/24/03

I have officially scored me a training partner. This should add another dimension to my training, since now I can have a reliable spotter. Woop! We went to a new gym today, so I haven't gotten used to all of the new equipment or layout yet. My lifts seem somewhat lackluster (see DB Press). I think maybe these DBs are heavier than the ones at Spectrum. Blah.

Training:
DB BP @ 60 lbs: 4, @ 55: 7.5
Dips @ BW: 8, 8 (Didn't go weighted, couldn't find dipping belt until after the fact)
Pec Dec Flyes @ 130lbs: 8, @ 140 lbs: 8
Cable Tricep Pushdowns @ 120 lbs: 8, 3
Incline Smith BP @ 95 lbs: 6, @ 145 lbs: 3.5, @ 115: 8
Skullcrushers SS w/Speed BP @ 50 lbs: 8, @ 60 lbs: 8
Incline DB Flyes @ 35 lbs; 8, 6

Diet: Early refeed day! WOOP!
Meal 1: 2 servings Cocoa Pebbles, 2 servings Froot Loops, 3 cups skim milk, MultiV, 2 1-T ethergels. ~700 cals
Meal 2: Detour Bar, 4 servings of Kool Aid. ~530 cals
Meal 3: 1 Animal Cuts Pak, 1 baked potato, 2 servings turkey breast, 1 serving Fat Free cheese, 2 1-T ethergels, 2 servings Kool Aid. ~370 cals
Meal 4 (PWO): 3 scoops Cytogainer. ~460 cals
Meal 5: 4 servings Lucky Charms, 3 servings skim milk, 2 1-T ethergels. ~700 cals
Meal 6: 1 potato, 2 servings turkey breast, 1 serving fat free cheese, 2 1-T ethergels. ~350 cals

Daily Total: ~3110 cals

Yum yum eatumup.

Also, I'm thinking after I finish out my ethergel cycle and move on to my next bulk, I'm going Westside. I won't mind staying small for a little longer if I can pack on some strength before I go for swoleness. And now that I have someone to spot me, I'ma get me some killa' lifts, yo. I need to stop listening to rap.

WillKuenzel
02-24-2003, 07:43 PM
That diet sure looks nice. Congrats on a partner. They can make or break ya sometimes. Good luck with it!

I need to stop listening to rap.Yes. Yes you do.

*steals some Lucky Charms*

SWOLE
02-24-2003, 07:57 PM
A little rap doesnt hurt you every once in a while... Ludarcis's "ho" thats a great tune... But I guess rap is only good when you have a nice system in your ride, like I do.
*steals all of HomeYields bowls*

SWOLE
02-24-2003, 07:59 PM
I hope the westside training works out for you.. I think I might try it in another month or so.

Frozenmoses
02-24-2003, 08:42 PM
HY - I have a good feeling about my new partner. He's always been a husky guy, and I know he's tried to do many things to get in shape with little results. I'm going to be his personal trainer of sorts I suppose, and I've explained to him that I'm going to be on his ass constantly about diet and training. I know he's very short on funds, so him actually paying for a gym membership is a good sign that he's going to try his damndest to be dedicated.

Oh, and Busta Rhymes is pretty badass, yo.

SWOLE - I've got a friend coming over this week to help me put my 2 10's from my jeep into my 'stang, so I'll be bumpin' baby. Thanks for the post, man. I'm really hoping to see some good stuffs from Westside. If I progress like MonStar has since he got on it, I think I'll be goin' places!

Frozenmoses
02-25-2003, 07:51 AM
2/25/03

Well, it's motherf*cking 28 degrees here in San Antonio, and the roads are iced. I doubt I'll be getting in my cardio today. Geh.

Diet:
Meal 1: Detour Bar, 2 cups skim milk, 2 1-T ethergels. ~460 cals
Meal 2: Turkey Sandwich. ~300 cals
Meal 3: Animal Cuts Pak, Chicken Caesar Salad, 2 1-T ethergels. ~300 cals
Meal 4: Potato, 1 serving fat free cheese, turkey. ~250 cals
Meal 5: Tuna salad, 2 1-T ethergels. ~200 cals
Meal 6: Whey shake, MultiV. ~250 cals
Before bed: 2 cups skim milk. ~160 cals

Daily Total: ~1920 cals

Mik
02-26-2003, 07:26 AM
2/25/03

Well, it's motherf*cking 28 degrees here in San Antonio, and the roads are iced. I doubt I'll be getting in my cardio today. Geh.

Bah! That's nothing, we've had -30C for the past month with snow and freezing rain thrown in. We should be so lucky. That's what you get for laughing at us northerners and our snow. :)

Good luck with the partner Mo.

Frozenmoses
02-26-2003, 08:28 AM
Mik - LOL, karma's a bitch.

SWOLE
02-26-2003, 10:53 AM
You seem like you want to reach your gaols pretty bad, i think you will be going places.

ectx
02-26-2003, 07:00 PM
Yo Chuy, w'sup? LMAO @ heavier db's at regular gym...yep your fancy ass Spectrum Club uses pussy weights to make all the geri's think they're stronger. That's what you get for going to fancy pants gyms, lol. Great to see you got a new training partner. Kick his ass mo. I wish I would have had that when I was your age. It took a whole lot of work and time to do it myself. I hope he can appreciate it, if he doesn't, send him my way and I'll bitch slap him for ya...with a 45 even.

rookiebldr
02-26-2003, 09:01 PM
I agree with you ectx. I too wish I had someone to kick my ass, offer encouragement or at the very least train with when I was your age. It just took me way to long to get the right attitude. (p.s. HomeYield, I offer no valid excuses for not getting to the gym earlier in my life, but I am trying to make up for lost time.)

So good for you, Frozenmoses in not only getting a partner, but also in getting another human to lift! Yes, we will take over the world!

Frozenmoses
02-27-2003, 08:15 AM
SWOLE - Wow man, I really appreciate the vote of confidence. Thanks a lot bro.

ec - Yeah yeah, fancypants4lyf, yo! I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that were true though, lol. I'm loving the new gym, though. Of course it isn't as luxurious as Spectrum, but they actually have a dungeonesque weightroom, and a freakin' T-Bar row! We did legs yesterday, and this guy has been a soccer player his whole life, so he had some damn big leg strength. I have a feeling that if nothing else, leg day is going to be what keeps him motivated. I'ma have to start doing some of those weighted bitch-slaps as well when he isn't looking.

rookie - Thanks a bunch man, I'm really happy about it. And don't sweat the starting point thing, I think that's an issue for EVERYONE despite age. Hell, I wish I had started earlier. If I had started weight training right when I started highschool I would be lightyears ahead of where I am now, but c'est la vie (or however you spell that sh*t).

WillKuenzel
02-27-2003, 08:28 AM
How's the cut coming along so far? You seem to be able to stick to that diet pretty good. Are you noticing any energy problems because it looks like you are still making strength gains?

p.s. HomeYield, I offer no valid excuses for not getting to the gym earlier in my life, but I am trying to make up for lost timeLOL, at least are holding yourself responsible. Sometimes the bug just doesn't bite until later in life. We learn from the past and focus on the future. Rookie, you are making great gains and its impressive as hell, and so is our friend Mo' here. That's what's great about it. No matter when you start, you become a better person all the way around.

Power to us!! We will take over the world.

Mik
02-27-2003, 08:39 AM
Nice post HY. I agree 100%. I too wish I had started earlier and stuck with it but hey, as long as I improve and can tag along for this world domination it's all good.

bradley
02-27-2003, 04:44 PM
FM are you going to take anything after you are done cycling the 1-T? Just curious if you were and what product you were going to use.

Frozenmoses
02-28-2003, 07:48 AM
HY - Cutting is going great! Still leaning up, and I'm starting to ease onto some ECA. 4 weeks left baby! Energy hasn't been too much of an issue. I've felt more lethargy ever since I started the 1-T, but it's nothing I can't handle. Good post, man! The world will soon be swarming with meatheads, bwahaha!

brad - Yep, I have 2 bottles of 6-OXO waiting for me post-cycle.

SWOLE
02-28-2003, 09:11 AM
hows the 1-T treating you??

bradley
02-28-2003, 04:32 PM
What type of dosing schedule are you following with the 6-OXO?

Frozenmoses
03-02-2003, 03:28 PM
SWOLE - Pretty ace, results are still coming along. My lifts are still inching along and I'm getting leaner, so all is gud.

brad - I'm going to take 4/day until I'm out of 6-OXO.

I haven't been lovin' my journal very much for the past few days because things have been pretty crazy. Come tomorrow, I'll be back in business.

Saint Patrick
03-02-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by HomeYield
*steals some Lucky Charms*

everyones tryin' to steal me lucky charms!!!!! :swear:

Mik
03-03-2003, 07:47 AM
tuttut

Must luv the journal Mo!

ectx
03-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Love it, just don't hump it, a'ight?

How's teh new gym? rich boy.

Frozenmoses
03-03-2003, 07:04 PM
Ok, back to journal loving. And ec, the new gym is just bueno, gheyass. Its just as crowded as Spectrum, but there are more freeweights and fewer dumbasses.

3/3/03

Training:

BB BP @ 135 lbs: 4, @ 115 lbs: 8
Dips +25 lbs: 8, 4.5
Decline BB BP @ 95 lbs: 8
Pec Dec Flyes @ 140 lbs: 8, @ 160 lbs: 6
Skullcrushers SS w/Speed BP @ 60 lbs: 7, @ 50 lbs: 8
Incline Smith BP @ 135 lbs: 4.5, @ 115 lbs: 7.5
Cable Pushdowns @ 120 lbs: 8, @ 130 lbs: 8

Diet:
Meal 1: Animal Cuts Pak, 2 servings Apple Jacks, 1.5 servings skim mil, 2 1-T ethergelsk. ~350 cals
Meal 2: NitroTech Bar. ~300 cals
Meal 3: Animal Cuts Pak, Baked Potato, 1 serving fat free cheese, 2 servings turkey breast, 1 cup skim milk, 2 1-T ethergels. ~300 cals
Meal 4 (PWO): 1/3 cup dextrose, 2 scoops WPI, glutamine. ~500 cals
Meal 5: Tuna Sandwich, 2 1-T ethergels. ~300 cals
Meal 6: 2 cups skim milk. ~160 cals

Daily Total: ~1910 cals

Arms and chest are fried. Benching was fun, I haven't done it in so long. Definitely felt good to be able to load a real friggin' plate finally. Dips felt great as well, I couldn't believe I got 8 out of my first set. I actually caught some of the beefier guys watching me do them with the dip belt, woohah. My cycle is starting to come down to the wire, so I'm dropping cals a wee bit more and upping the ECA. Just about 3 weeks left baby, I can do this.

*edit: I said 'actual' in 3 consecutive sentences. Edited for less-weirdage.

Mik
03-03-2003, 07:13 PM
Nice day Mo! Great work on the dips man. It must have felt good to have the big boys lookin' at you. What are your plans after the cycle (calorie wise). Sounds like the ethers have been treating you well, keep it up.

Frozenmoses
03-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Thanks a bunch, Mik. I can't really say what exactly I'm gonna be doing post-cycle... It really depends on how close to my goal of a six pack I get by the time I'm done. If I'm there, I'll probably just maintain it throughout summertime, or maybe do a 2 week bulk/ 2 week cut cycle for a bit. If I wind up short of my goal (which I probably will, I'm a friggin pessimist), I'll probably continue to cut down. If it ends up I don't have a six pack once summer arrives, I'll just keep chipping away at it, but no matter what, once school starts again, I'm bulking.

bradley
03-04-2003, 03:17 AM
Nice work on the dips FM. :thumbup:

Frozenmoses
03-04-2003, 07:45 PM
brad - Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I think dips have been my most improved lift since I've started. Feels really great to go from heavily assisted to adding weight.

3/4/03

Training:

Danced with the heavy bag for a few mins
25 mins on stationary bike

Diet:

Meal 1: Animal Cuts Pak, 2 cups Lucky Charms, 1.5 cups skim milk, 2 1-T ethergels. ~350 cals
Meal 2: U-Turn Bar (These are f*cking AWESOME) ~300 cals
Meal 3: Animal Cuts Pak, Potato, 1 serving fat free cheese, 2 servings turkey breast, 2 1-T ethergels. ~250 cals.
Meal 4 (PWO): 1/3 cup dextrose, 2 scoops whey isolate, glutamine. ~500 cals

Daily Total: ~1860 cals

Things have been going good lately. Every day when I wake up and go for my shower, I look and feel leaner. My stomach gets flatter and flatter every morning. I'M GOING TO F*CKING DO IT.

I started researching Max OT Training last night, and it seems really interesting. I don't think it would quite suit my current purposes, but I'm considering it for my next bulk. Gonna be tough to decide between it and Westside.

Mik
03-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Sounds like you're on your way to that 6 pack Mo. Keep up the great work man. I can't comment on Westside but I had good progress with Max OT. It really helped my strength level. I'd recomend giving it a shot if you don't go West.

MonStar
03-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Nice chest strength FM, good work on the dips as well. I used to take that Animal Stak that youre now taking, but Universal. Be sure to drink a ton of water man, there are all kinds of diuretics in there if I remember correctly.

Frozenmoses
03-05-2003, 07:05 PM
Mik - Sweet man, I'm glad you're really enjoying MaxOT. The more I read about it, the more it intrigues me. I really like the rep scheme they use, and I think it'd be a great mass builder.

Mike - Thanks a bunch man. I've noticed some extra thirst since I started the Stak, and more h2o is definitely important. Thanks for the post bro.

3/5/03

Training:

Squats @ 205: 6
Deadlifts @ 135: 8, @ 315: 1, 1
Sled Hacksquats @ 180 lbs: 8
Seated Leg Extensions @ 150 lbs: 8, 8
Standing Leg Curls @ 70 lbs: 8L, 8R, @ 75 lbs: 8L, 8R
Standing Calf Raises @ 180 lbs: 10, 8
Cable Crunch @ 90 lbs: 10, Twisted @ 110 lbs: 8L, 8R
Hammerstrength Ab Crunch @ 70 lbs: 10, @ 80 lbs: 10

Diet:

Meal 1: Animal Cuts Pak, 2 servings Lucky Charms, 1.5 servings skim milk, 2 1-T ethergels. ~350 cals
Meal 2: UTurn Bar. ~300 cals
Meal 3: Animal Cuts Pak, Potato, 1 serving fat free cheese, 2 servings turkey breast, 2 1-T ethergels. ~250 cals.
Meal 4 (PWO): 1/3 cup dextrose, 2 scoops whey isolate, glutamine. ~500 cals.

Another spot-on day. Training felt good, and shameful as it is, my first day doing conventional deads. Glad I finally started, though. I was pretty pleased to get 2 singles @ 3 plates for my first shot at 'em. These really fried my lower back, woo. The new gym is totally kickass. One of my good friends who happens to be the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen in person, and who also had a crush on me last year goes to this one. She saw me doing the deads, and the tattoo on my back, and she was impressed. Woohoo for macho man me.

ectx
03-05-2003, 07:15 PM
Woohoo for macho man me.

Just don't dress up like a construction worker and get your friend the indian and the cop to sing and dance with ya.

Workout and diet look ace, Chuy. Get cranking on those deadlifts...get 'em kicking and maybe you can show this old geezer a thing or two before I leave. I still want to incorporate them into my routine...hopefully when my back is better.

Mik
03-05-2003, 07:19 PM
Nice work on the deads Mo! Keep it up and you'll have the bar bending in no time. Let me know what you decide..Westside orMax OT.

bradley
03-06-2003, 03:03 AM
Deadlifts looking strong FM:) Have you thought about performing the deads on back day? I just feel them more in my back and traps as opposed to legs, and if you do them this way you can still get in a some good sets of squats. Just have to make sure the days are spaced out far enough to let you lower back recover. Anyway 315 is looking strong, especially since this was your first time performing conventional deads:thumbup:

Frozenmoses
03-06-2003, 06:47 AM
ectx - Watch it, my uncle was one of the Village People.

Mik - Thanks duder. I'm pretty sure, having compared the two, that I'm more fond of the MaxOT program. Have you had an issues with your joints? It seems like MaxOT would be very taxing on them.

brad - Thanks a bunch man. You're right about feeling them in the back over the legs. I probably will bump them to back day; I just gave them a shot with legs since that's when I do my SLDL's.

Mik
03-06-2003, 07:35 AM
I do find it tough on the joints. My shoulders seem to ache once in awhile but if I start feeling too achy I'll take a day off here and there and pop some glucosamine. I haven't had any real problems to speak of though. The key is making sure you're sufficiently warmed up and you're good to go.

Frozenmoses
03-07-2003, 08:07 AM
Mik - Coolness. I think I'll definitely try glucosamine when I start MaxOT.

Felicia broke up with me yesterday. I'm really broken up about it right now. It's the first time I've ever cried in front of a girl, and it's also the first time I've ever cried in front of a friend. It really hurts. I'm afraid to go to school today.

Mik
03-07-2003, 08:21 AM
Sorry to hear that Mo. It's never an easy thing to go through. It may be tough to get out and go to school etc but try to keep busy. It'll be worse if you sit around or shut yourself off. Talk to your friends about it and be around people that care. That'll help. Good luck man. You'll get through this....trust me.

Frozenmoses
03-07-2003, 08:29 AM
Mik - Thanks a bunch, man. You're right, I need to just keep myself busy. I really appreciate the motivation. Obla Di, Obla Da, life goes on.

:(

WillKuenzel
03-07-2003, 08:45 AM
Your friends will be there for you. I'm sorry to hear about that dude. Its never an easy thing to go through. When my ex and I split, I put on about 10lbs of LBM in a relatively short time. Focus on the things that really drive you and work it out. Its tough but we're here for you too.

Frozenmoses
03-07-2003, 03:34 PM
HY - Thanks a ton, dude. It really means a lot to know that there are people that give a damn. I'm not going to let this break me. I'm going to be more focused now than I ever was before. It just feels like I've had my heart torn out, because her breakup speech made it sound like our relationship wasn't important to her, and then jackass me turns on the waterworks. I guess what makes it so hard is that I've always been a fat guy, and now that I've finally started to look above average girls are noticing me. Getting a girlfriend meant a lot to me, just to know that someone felt physically attracted to me, and it made me really attached. I just hope I don't form a grudge against girls, and turn into one of those assholes that f*cks anything that walks and gives them cab money in the morning. I honestly do enjoy being a nice guy, even if it means getting sh*t on.

ectx
03-07-2003, 03:43 PM
Mo, I totally get you on the post fatty girlfriend. My first post fatty girl pretty much ripped my heart out. I think it's when you're most vulnerable. It gets easier, plus you're not even out of highschool. You have plenty of time. No shame in crying either...unless you do it when you watch Oprah like Will. I also find it hard to believe you'd turn into an asshole. An assface...well....no comment. :p

bradley
03-08-2003, 04:43 AM
Sorry to hear about th g'friend FM. I agree with HY, focus on other things that you are interested in and I am sure that you will meet new people along the way. First day is always the worst. It will only get better:)

rookiebldr
03-08-2003, 06:04 AM
Fozenmoses, tough break man. No need to worry about the asshole thing, I highly doubt this will happen. That confidence will come back, the sky will brighten and before you know it you will be back in top form again.

BTW, nice deadlifts foo!

MonStar
03-08-2003, 07:31 AM
That sucks to hear about your girlfriend FM, breakups are always a b*tch. Youll survive though man, we all do. And if it was meant to be, youll be back together in the future.

Dont let this affect your workouts, lol. I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years and was pretty heartbroken, even though were planning on getting back together, and I am setting PBs all over the place. Just stay focused, I know its tough, good luck.

Frozenmoses
03-09-2003, 10:42 AM
ec - Thanks duder. Assfacedom will be pretty cool I think!

brad - I appreciate it. You're absoultely right, the first day definitely was the worst. I'm feeling a lot better now that I've been able to really think things over.

rookie - Wise words, my man. Truly motivational!

Mike - You're right. If it was meant to be, we'll get back together, and she's still a really cool person regardless, so even if we don't, I still have a great friend. Hopefully this WILL affect my workouts, but in the way they've helped your's, lol.

Frozenmoses
03-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Notebook is MIA at the moment, so I'll post Friday's workout once I find it.

3/8/03

No training. This was my day to really live it up. I felt I needed a truly surreal day, and I can safely say it was missions accomplished.

Meal 1 - Animal Cuts Pak, 2 bottles orange juice, 4 grams psychadelic mushrooms.
Meal 2 - Detour bar
Meal 3 - Detour bar, 1-T ethergels
Meal 4 - Subway footlong turkey sandwich, bag of Doritos, 1-T ethergels.
Meal 5 - 18 shots of Vodka, Redbull, Big Red.

Yes, I know I'm bad. But I had a damn good time, and it was a good way to keep my mind off Felicia. Okay, maybe not a GOOD way, but it got the job done. The fungus was great; my friend and I went to Landa Park and walked the nature trails. It was VERY interesting, and quite comical being amongst all of the people whilst hallucinating.

Mik
03-09-2003, 10:55 AM
Glad to see you had a good time Mo. It'll get better man. Trust me. Now find that book and post damnit!!!!

Frozenmoses
03-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Mik - LOL, found the book! Posting, I'm posting!!

3/7/03

Training:

Chins @ BW: 8, 8
BB Curls @ 80 lbs: 5.5, @ 70 lbs: 6
Hammerstrength High Row @ 2 plates/side: 8, 8
DB Curls @ 35 lbs: 7L, 7R
DB Preachers @ 25 lbs: 8L, 8R
Hammerstrength Pullovers @ 160 lbs: 8, 8
Flex Low Rows @ 90 lbs: 5, @ 70 lbs: 8

My lats are finally sore! Woo, it feels great. This was a damn good workout. I don't remember my diet exactly, but it was pretty standard. I was really happy with my PB on BB Curls, I'm such a curl jockey.

powerhalf
03-10-2003, 04:43 PM
Holy **** dude, I think we've shared a brain at some point... your post about girls noticing you once you're not fat anymore was freaking dead on. I know exactly what you mean by that, brother. Although you're a lot closer to where you want to be than I am (both with your BB'ing goals and your relationships :/) I know where you're coming from. I'd try to be wise and all that crap and say "hang in there, things will improve" but I can't even speak from experience because I've never had a girlfriend. But I hope things turn out better for you.

SWOLE
03-10-2003, 06:29 PM
doesnt it suck doing bi's in the middle of your back workout????
I know I couldnt do that, the pump would be toooooo extreme, but then again, i am a sissy...

Frozenmoses
03-10-2003, 08:00 PM
powerhalf - Hey man, I'm glad there's someone else out there like me! I appreciate the post, man. Look at it this way: I was once where you are as far as BB'ing and relationships, and you're not far behind me at all man. I guess its just a matter of determination to keep improving yourself all the time, and things will progressively get better.

SWOLE - Oh man, I love doing Bi's in the middle of my back workout. The pump is seriously intense, and while I know that's not what I should be shooting for, I'm freaking addicted to the feeling.

Frozenmoses
03-10-2003, 08:08 PM
3/10/03

Training:

Flat BB BP @ 135 lbs: 4, @ 125 lbs: 6
Dips +25 lbs: 8, 4.5
Skulls SS w/Speed BP @ 60 lbs: 8S, 8 BP, 8S, 4BP
Hammerstrength Dip Machine @ 180 lbs: 8, 7
Cable Flyes @ 120 lbs: 8, 8
Incline Smith BP @ 115 lbs: 4.5

Went a little lighter on the volume today. I've been doing too much lately, mostly just so I can show my partner the ropes and what kind of exercises he can incorporate into different days. Lowering the volume was wise, too. My lifts seem pretty stagnant compared to last Monday. Ahh well, next week will be better.

Diet:

Meal 1: Animal Cuts Pak, 1 cup Scooby Doo cereal (new, and f*cking GOOD), 1 cup Mickey's Magix cereal, 1.5 cups skim milk, 2 1-T ethergels. ~350 cals
Meal 2: U Turn Bar. ~300 cals
Meal 3: Animal Cuts Pak, potato, 1 serving fat free cheese, 2 servings turkey breast, 2 1-T ethergels. ~250 cals
Meal 5: Animal Cuts Pak, tuna sandwich, 2 1-T ethergels. ~300 cals
Meal 6: 2 glasses skim milk. ~160 cals

Blah, freakin blah blah. I cannot WAIT to bulk. Dear god, I really don't mind dieting that much, but there are some things I really miss. I have been craving some Tyson Buffalo Style Chicken Tenders with a bucket of ranch dressing. Hurry up you freaking six-pack, I'm dyin' here!

Mik
03-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Nice work on the dips Mo! How's the 6 pack coming along? Once you get it can I borrow it for the summer so I don't have to cut?

Frozenmoses
03-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Mik - LOL, thanks man. The 6 pack is still trying to edge it's way out. I'm still shedding flab, but I still got too much covering the ol' belly. I'm upping my ECA again this week, so hopefully this will kick things along nicely. Once I get it, I'll rent it out to ya, but I'll tell you now it ain't gonna be cheap!

SWOLE
03-10-2003, 08:26 PM
i will never have a full 6-pack, but good luck, i hope you get it!!! we need to see some pics too!!!

Frozenmoses
03-10-2003, 08:27 PM
SWOLE - Thanks man, I'll need all the luck I can get. I'll post pics when I'm done with my 1-T, but none til then!

SWOLE
03-10-2003, 08:27 PM
i am way addicted to the nice feeling of a pump. its cool, at least you are intense for it, keep it up champ

bradley
03-11-2003, 06:20 AM
FM- Might want to get that fat intake up in your diet, maybe more of the healthy variety. Great work on the weight loss. The six pack will be yours...patience...patience;)

Frozenmoses
03-11-2003, 06:57 AM
brad - That's a good call. I think I may go pick up some flax sometime this week, or some FO caps.

WillKuenzel
03-11-2003, 08:33 AM
My lifts seem pretty stagnant compared to last Monday. Ahh well, next week will be better.Its tough to keep the weight going up when you are cutting. You're doing a great job keeping them up while doing that. Keep it up and that six pack will be there in no time. Like bradley said, "...patience...patience."

ectx
03-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Chuy, I agree with Bradley. Flax and FOC's helped me out a lot. Get at it you Spectrum heauxmeaux. ...Speaking of which, I was at the gym last week and I saw a guy that looked just like you. I almost burst out a "Chuy?". LOL.

Frozenmoses
03-11-2003, 02:20 PM
HY - Very good call, man. I appreciate the post, and you're right. If I can keep my strength up while cutting, things are good.

ectx - Haha, you should've! I just shaved though, so I'm not quite as grizzled as before. If you happen to be at the Brookhollow & 281 R&F, I'm usually there from about 5:30 - 7:00. You WILL scare the eff out of me.

Frozenmoses
03-11-2003, 06:34 PM
3/11/03

Training:

30 mins on stationary bike. This made my quads look f*ckin huge, I need to do cardio more often!

Diet: Refeed day! Woo!

Meal 1: Animal Cuts Pak, 2 servings Scooby Doo cereal, 2 servings Mickey Mouse cereal, 3 servings skim milk, 2 1-T ethergels. ~700 cals
Meal 2: 4 servings kool-aid, UTurn bar. ~540 cals
Meal 3: Animal Cuts Pak, 2 servings Scooby Doo cereal, 2 servings Mickey Mouse cereal, 3 servings skim milk, 2 1-T ethergels. ~700 cals
Meal 5: Animal Cuts Pak, potato, 1 serving fat free cheese, 2 servings turkey breast, 2 1-T ethergels. ~250 cals
Meal 6: Potato, 1 serving fat free cheese, 2 servings turkey breast. ~250 cals

Daily Total: ~2940

I'm frickin' full, baby.

Mik
03-11-2003, 06:55 PM
You must be full after sponsoring all that cereal from the cartoon network!;)

galileo
03-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Ooops I clicked on the wrong journal and stumbled into homosexual-land. I'll be running out covering my ass the whole way.

BTW: What do you weigh?

Frozenmoses
03-11-2003, 08:07 PM
Mik - eating cartoons so powah~

galileo - Sure you don't wanna stay and party, baby? Teehee, I'm weighing I'm weighing in around 161-163.

galileo
03-11-2003, 08:12 PM
I'm failing to see how you can do +25x8 dips and only 135x4 bench press. You need a spotter? ECTX might be able to come down in his tractor and help you out. I'm sure you guys can bull**** about...well bull ****, between sets!

Frozenmoses
03-11-2003, 08:24 PM
galileo - I know what you mean. My pressing strength has always been sh*t. I don't know what my deal is. I don't know if its a fluke with my chest or my triceps, but something about me is f*cked up. And I don't think ec can train with me, Racquetball only allows 1 tractor per parking lot, and I got that spot filled.

galileo
03-11-2003, 08:33 PM
I bet it's your form.

Do some searches on google for bench press form. It'll do you some good, I bet.

Frozenmoses
03-11-2003, 09:48 PM
galileo - I'll see what I can find. I looked at the exrx diagram, and one thing I can tell is that I'm lowering on the bottom part of my chest, not the top. I might try a wider grip as well, as I think my tri's give out before my chest.

Either way, if I by some miracle find out it was my form and my bench sees some improvement, I'll mail you a lollipop and a nude photo.

rookiebldr
03-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by galileo
Ooops I clicked on the wrong journal and stumbled into homosexual-land. I'll be running out covering my ass the whole way.

Originally posted by frozenmoses
... I'll mail you a lollipop and a nude photo.

:eek:

Mik
03-12-2003, 07:25 AM
I feel dirty just reading this!

I'll leave and let you two kids have some "quality" time.

WillKuenzel
03-12-2003, 07:43 AM
Tractors, cartoon network cereal, spotting, lollipops, and nude photos. All this needs is some sheep and you've got a backwoods porn movie. Not that I would know or anything... huh, yeah

*runs*

Mik
03-12-2003, 07:46 AM
*hears faint banjo music in the background and leaves*

Frozenmoses
03-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Now THIS is a journal, baby!

ectx
03-12-2003, 11:44 AM
Pfft, The tractor got repo'd. I'm riding my cow to work right now. Freaking Yankees.

rookiebldr
03-12-2003, 02:20 PM
Now THIS is a journal, baby!

Dam straight!

Saint Patrick
03-12-2003, 04:02 PM
let's see some cutting progress pics, fatso!!!!

Frozenmoses
03-12-2003, 06:07 PM
3/12/03

Training:

Power Front Squats @ 1 PPS: 8, 2 PPS: 8, 3 PPS: 8
Leg Curls @ 40 lbs: 6L, 6R, @ 75 lbs: 8L, 8R, 8L, 8R
Hip Flexor Extensions @ 100 lbs: 8L, 8R, @ 140 lbs: 8L, 8R
Seated Leg Extensions @ 40 lbs: 8, @ 160 lbs: 8, 7.5
Calf Extensions @ 100 lbs: 8, @ 180 lbs: 10, 10
Hanging Leg Raises SS w/Hip Curls: 8/16, 8/16
Weighted Decline Crunches @ 60 lbs: 10, 10

Focused on warming up sufficiently today. Felt good to do so. Front squats felt strong, I have a feeling I can keep increasing these for a good while even if I'm still cutting. The leg extensions had my quads *screaming*. Booya, grandma.

Diet:

Meal 1: Animal Cuts Pak, Potato, 1 serving fat free cheese, 2 servings turkey breast, 2 1-T ethergels, 1 serving Total EFA. ~300 cals
Meal 2: U Turn bar. ~300 cals
Meal 3: Animal Cuts Pak, 2 servings WW Bread, 1/2 serving natty PB, 1 serving grape jelly, 2 1-T ethergels, 1 cup skim milk. ~350 cals
Meal 5: Animal Cuts Pak, chicken breast + salsa, 2 1-T ethergels. ~200 cals
Meal 6: 1 can of tuna, mustard, relish, 1 cup skim milk. ~240 cals

Daily Total: ~1890 cals

Made sure to get some more good fats in today. I really like the meal plan I had today, and I think I'm gonna try to stick to it for a while.

Frozenmoses
03-12-2003, 06:08 PM
Patty - No pics til I'm outta ethergels, dammit!

Frozenmoses
03-12-2003, 06:13 PM
Oh, just a side note. I applied at a Sylvan Learning Center today to become a teacher's assistant. I figure it might be cool to help some troubled kids out, and hell, it's right next to the gym. Actually, it would really just be cool to smack some kids with fake A.D.D around. I'm such a doll.

Mik
03-12-2003, 06:29 PM
Oh, just a side note. I applied at a Sylvan Learning Center today to become a teacher's assistant. I figure it might be cool to help some troubled kids out, and hell, it's right next to the gym. Actually, it would really just be cool to smack some kids with fake A.D.D around. I'm such a doll.

Booya! Drop the hammer on some snot nosed punks Mo!

MonStar
03-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Good to see someone else doing something for their hip flexors FM, how do you feel about them? I have been doing one-leg knee raises, with the ankle attachment at my gym. Really seems to pound on my hip flexors a ton. I like them a lot. Talk about a great overall exercise. When I deadlift I primarily feel it in my hip flexors, so I figured I would supplement my routine with some hip flexor work.

Good overall workout by the way, power squats look solid.

bradley
03-13-2003, 02:41 AM
Nice front squats FM. Diet and training looking spot on:thumbup: Don't be too hard on the kids if you decide to go work at Sylvan;)

*drives off on riding lawnmower*

rookiebldr
03-13-2003, 06:18 AM

You can give mine a smack or two. j/k My daughter goes to one and it's been helping her improve. She also seems to like going which is always an added bonus.

Frozenmoses
03-13-2003, 07:26 AM
Mik - LOL

Mike - I really enjoy the hip flexor extensions. I can definitely feel how they can help me with deadlifts, and I'm probably gonna incorporate them in with my leg routine.

brad - Thanks bro, and don't worry, I'll be nice :cool:

rookie - I'm glad that it's working out well for your daughter! Its also great that she actually enjoys going. I'm really not familiar with how exactly the lessons are structured there, but I'm applying as a teacher's assistant seeing as I'm still in highschool and obviously have no degree or prior experience. Hopefully if they do hire me, I'll get to really help someone, because I've still got some bad karma floating around from pushing that old lady in front of a bus.

galileo
03-13-2003, 07:29 AM
Either way, if I by some miracle find out it was my form and my bench sees some improvement, I'll mail you a lollipop and a nude photo.

I lower to the bottom and press at an angle out. Like powerlifting style. Middle finger on rings.

If I receive any mail from you, it will be burned and buried.

Frozenmoses
03-13-2003, 01:56 PM
I'm proud of myself today. After school, I walked up to my car, and the guy I cut off was there waiting for me. He got up in my face and started running his mouth, and I didn't hit him. I apologized for cutting him off and explained that it wasn't worth getting all bent out of shape over, and he walked away. I wanted to break his nose right then and there, but I didn't.

ectx
03-13-2003, 02:35 PM
Good Call Chuy. You are teh big Chuey. He probably looked like an ass while doing it too.

WillKuenzel
03-13-2003, 02:53 PM
Hip Flexor Extensions You want hip flexor work? Do some heavy walking lunges. Ain't nothing better.

Oh yeah and :withstupi

Its makes the other guy look real stupid. Getting all bent out of shape about something that doesn't appear to bother you.

Applying to help kids and talking your way out of potential fight... sounds like you are growing up. Time to go get some beer and head out to the hills for some cow tipping. Can't have it all set in at once.

ectx
03-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Did somebody say cow tippin'? Round up the tractor and get the keg loaded. Just stay away from my cow. Sh*t I ain't been cow tippin' since I was your age Chuy.

Frozenmoses
03-13-2003, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the support amigos. Its appreciated. And I did get a job tonight, but its not at Sylvan. I'm working at Casey's Barbeque doing grunt work in the back. It's actually a pretty decent job, I make more than most of my friends who have been working a lot longer, a few of my buddies already work there, and everyone else there is pretty cool

On a more unfortunate note, I f*cked my back up today. I was testing my 1 rep max on deadlifts, and I tried to hoist up 365 and heard a pop in my lower back, and I dropped the weight. It sucked. I managed to do the rest of my workout barring lower back work, and I'll post that later, but I'm gonna be taking it easy on the lower back for a few weeks. I really hope I just strained something and I didn't do something a little more permanent.

rookiebldr
03-13-2003, 11:10 PM
Glad to hear about the job. Hopefully when you start bulking, Casey's will come in handy. ;) Good call on the "cut-off guy". Hell, let's all go drinking and cow-tipping.

That really sucks about your back. Pop - ouch, I'd hate to have heard that! Keep us posted on your progress with how it feels tomorrow. Did you decide to ice it?

Coke
03-14-2003, 09:13 AM
Just stopped by to say Hi FroMo. Too bad to hear about the back, those deadlifts do that to so many people. :scratch: I am proud that you walked away the other day, it takes a bigger man to squash dramatics and walk way the way you did. :thumbup:

ectx
03-14-2003, 09:40 AM
Casey's, eh? Good grub. I think I like Mouse's better though...just too freaking far for me. I'll have to stop by and fill up. Sorry about the back. As you know, I can COMPLETELY sympathize with you.

galileo
03-14-2003, 10:39 AM
Don't **** up your back. My GOD don't **** it up. Worst mistake of my life.

Mik
03-14-2003, 12:30 PM
Mo, I hope the back is OK. Make sure and rest it. If it keeps bugging you get it checked out man. Good luck and keep us posted.

Mik
03-18-2003, 07:02 AM
Where ya at slacker? How's the back?

ectx
03-18-2003, 12:22 PM
I think Chuy's on Spring Break. Most of the NEISD schools are out this week. Hope you're living it up Mo.

WillKuenzel
03-18-2003, 12:27 PM
Ahhh, spring break. Damn luxury. Him and SWOLE both I think.