PDA

View Full Version : fatty hits the gym and takes notes

PaulB
01-18-2003, 08:59 PM
well im fat and decided to lose some weight. figure i might as well see what i look like before and after and be able to keep track of my progess. this journal sounds like a good idea, as well as something to keep me motivated. i just recently started going to the gym, every other day. on the machines mind you, im too weak to be handlin free weights just yet. im not sure what all the things are reps and stuff are called, ill have to look tommorrow when i go for cardio.

but anyways heres some starting stats.

6' tall
180lbs (ive gained about 35lbs of fat in the past 3 months)
8" forearms
12.5" biceps, phear

and thats all i can really do without someone helping me measure. mebbe get some chest figures up soon.

http://www.c-kids.com/kaula/2.jpg

http://www.c-kids.com/kaula/4.jpg

http://www.c-kids.com/kaula/8.jpg

http://www.c-kids.com/kaula/9.jpg WOOT FOR BEER! trying to get rid of this bad boy!

http://www.c-kids.com/kaula/7.jpg

and no i dont have bad posture, was trying to compensate for the facecloth i had the camera propped up on!

ill post my routine once i goto the gym and figure out what the hell i been doing. im an absolute noob that needs to get BIGGER (after i lose this fat)!!

Delphi
01-18-2003, 10:15 PM
If you're just starting to lift, you'll be able to work out 3 or 4 times a week pretty hard without overtraining. For a while, anyway. Your basal metabolic rate will probably increase quite a bit, so it won't be too hard to shed some "adipose tissue" (f-a-t). You'll probably be able to gain muscle mass at the same time as shedding some fat. Enjoy it now, because this is probably the only time in your lifting career that you'll be able to do both at the same time. Look forward to seeing your routine.

bradley
01-19-2003, 04:37 AM
This website might be useful to you if you wanted to experiment with some of the free weight exercises.

www.exrx.net

Also the WBB routines are good and if nothing else will give you some ideas on what you want to include in your routine.

Good luck with the journal.

NateDogg
01-19-2003, 06:21 AM
Welcome and cool journal title. :D Please refer to the training and diet forums for all of your health and fitness needs. Also take advantage of the search function for a wealth of information already discussed.

PaulB
01-19-2003, 06:16 PM
went to the gym today, guess they close early on sundays, 7pm.
ran on some machine thingy for 20 minutes, says i burned 280 calories. also said my heart beat was 180, dont know if thats normal or not :(

was planning on doing a few sets of weights since i read somewhers that starting off its ok to lift everyday till i get in shape. get done running and i had 15 minutes left before it closed. today was an off day so i didnt mind.

in order

incline press 100x8
overhead press 80x8
bench press 100x8

weight 180lbs

diet

lunch:
can of tuna (in water)
2 slices of roast beef on some buns with no-fat cheese

supper:
can of tuna (in water)
PB&J

prolly have another can of tuna late night

tommorrow is heavy day :O

Tiare
01-19-2003, 06:32 PM
Hey, you're not fat, you're just out of shape!
Good luck, hope you get to setting some goals soon.
The heart rate monitor on those treadmills is garbage so don't
look at it. Calories burned is probably garbage too.

Final note: drink some dang milk!

bradley
01-20-2003, 03:04 AM
Might want to think about eating some more food because you will need the cals since starting the new training program.

Franjipani
01-20-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by bradley
Might want to think about eating some more food because you will need the cals since starting the new training program.

:withstupi

Also a huge welcome to you.....good luck with building the big strong physique you desire:thumbup:

bradley
01-20-2003, 05:28 AM
Check out the diet and nutrition forums as well as the WBB articles which have plenty of info.

Should have done this in my first post but better late than never:spam:

PaulB
01-21-2003, 01:24 PM
workout for yesterday 1-20-03

heavy day

preacher curl 70x10 90x6
tricep ext 60x10 90x6
overhead press 100x10 110x6
compound row 140x10 170x6 170x4
bench press 90x10 110x5 f
incline press 90x10 100x6
pec fly 60x10 110x6

extras while i was waiting for certain machinse

super overhead pull 140x5 180x3
vertical press 110x7

cardio today was light, 10 minute run

diet:

3 cans of tuna, in water
3 glasses of milk

720 cal 5g fat 36 carb 125g protein

weight for yesterday 180lbs

tonight is cardio + 1 set of upper body weights

NateDogg
01-21-2003, 01:26 PM
Do you work your legs?

PaulB
01-21-2003, 04:40 PM
no, not really. unless im waiting for a machine or something, then ill hop on one. i have pretty muscular legs, i wrestled and ran track all my life. i know its bad not to work everything but i cant justify (yet) working my legs instead of my upper body when my upper body is in this sad of shape. me and my workout buddy plan on moving to free weights mid feb. mebbe then ill start doing my legs. we dont really have grip to do much right now cept on the machines.

also i have a question, when doing my sets. should i do curls, press, incline ect ect or should i be doing curlsx10, curlsx6, pressx10 pressx6 ect ect.
which way is best?

PaulB
01-21-2003, 07:25 PM
ran for 3 miles for my cardio crap
and then i hopped on some machines to do a light upper body workout. failed. every single machine i had to drop the weight by 10lbs or i couldnt make it past 5 or 6 reps

tricep ext 80x10
bench press 100x5 90x5
incline press 100x7 90x3
pec fly 80x10
overhead press 90x6 80x4

so that workout kinda sucked. left the gym pissed off, i feel like i have so much energy but my arms just cant handle it. my chest isnt giving out its my freakin arms. specially my left one.

diet:

3 cans of tuna
3 glasses of milk

720 cal 5gm fat 36 carb 125gm protein

only good thing about today was my weight

178lbs

Delphi
01-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Patience, my friend.

If your caloric intake is truly 720KCal, you're in starvation mode. Everything you do physically is going to suck. Even thinking gets tough when you're in ketosis. I'd say up your intake to about 1500-1800 KCal at the least. If you do whole-body workouts three times a week for awhile your Basal Metabolic Rate will go through the roof and you'll lose fat that way. As it is any protein you're eating is going to be burned for fuel instead of rebuilding muscle tissue, and you'll end up losing more muscle mass than fat in the long run. There's probably some decent diet suggestions over in Diet & Nutrition that you can look at. Ask some questions and I'm sure there will be plenty of people that will jump in with some good advice. I've never cut before (saving it for my next lifetime), so I'm not a real good source of info beyond what I just wrote above. ;)

bradley
01-22-2003, 05:45 AM
I have no doubt that your weights are going down in your exercises. If you ran 3 miles and then performed your workout and not to mention that you are not eating enough.

Paul Stagg
01-22-2003, 07:04 AM
You are starting about where I started.

Slow and steady progress is the key.

Read some of the articles on this site - look at the stuff on routines for beginners. They all focus on the basic lifts.

You aren't eating nearly enough. That will be counter productive. Remember, slow and steady.

Start by making some very basic changes to your diet via substitutions... if you drink regular cola, switch to diet. If you eat potato chips, replace them with some cut up raw veggies (broccoli, carrots, etc). Stuff like that can go a long way.

Don't overdo the cardio or lifting - ease into it - build your core and your conditioning first.

Train your legs. I can't see your photos (my net nanny at work is particularly strict), but I've yet to meet someone who is 180 pounds at 6 feet tall who thinks they are fat who has 'big' legs.

I'm 220 @ 5'11. *I* don't have big legs.

Frozenmoses
01-22-2003, 08:14 AM
Good luck with the lifting. Train your legs. Eat more. Seriously, I was stubborn about both of these when I first started, and they both came back to bite me in the ass. You'll be much better off if you start doing things correctly now.

PaulB
01-22-2003, 05:14 PM
im gonna stick to my diet that ive been on cuz it seems to be working. i dont mind losing muscle mass just as long as i drop the weight fast. i came home from work and ate an egg, my tuna (in canola this time) and drank a glass of milk. then went and weighed myself and im down to 176 right after i ate.

im switching to monday, thursday, saturday for lifting days
and sun, tues, wens, fridays for the cardio

once i get down to my desired weight ill switch to 4 days lift 2 day cardio with a day off.

nother couple hours before i goto the gym, have to wait for everyone to leave, cuz its usually packed till 8 or 9pm.

this time ill do a light lift BEFORE i run.

i tried reading through the site and other peoples posts, but everytime i feel that i read something and understand it, someone posts or i read somewheres else that kicks the previous statements out.

some questions i have still are:

1) should i do benchx10 benchx8 or should i mix it up like benchx10 then pressx10 then benchx8 then pressx8..... everyone at the gym does benchx benchx benchx. i dont know if they just dont wanna lose their spot or if thats how its supposed to be done.

2) if it takes 20% more calories to burn protein than fat, shouldnt i be eating tons of protein to help my weight loss?

3) what should i be doing for cardio? or what really could be considered a cardio activity?

4) i have to strech my chest out before doing anything related to it or it hurts super bad from the previous days workout. (strech it on the pec fly machine normally :P) is this bad?

the doc
01-22-2003, 05:24 PM
paul i think you missed what the other paul was saying

for starters, hit up one of the excellent WBB routines

this will give you rep schemes, exercise order, etc.

your diet is poor my friend. calories need to be kept just below maintainence to lose fat (given a sufficent level of resistance training)

If you continue to starve yourself your weightloss will stop soon

if your chest still hurts from the previous workout, then your not giving it enough recoverery time

again check out the way the WBB routines are structured

PaulB
01-22-2003, 09:58 PM
i get there feeling like ****, cuz i layed down and watched a movie around 7:30 then hit the gym around 9:30 so i felt really tired. went and did a normal weighted lift for me (light for you guys :P)

Real quick, the reason why im not doing the WBB routines, is that im not strong enough yet. my arms give out. my workout buddy and i are waiting till mid feb or so before we even try. my biceps are like 12-13". i cant really do a whole lot till they get bigger and my grip improves.

anyways my light lift was alot better then yesterdays, actually did it BEFORE i ran.

chinups x5
bench press 100x10
vertical press 100x10
compound row 140x10
preacher curl 80x10
incline press 100x10
pec fly 80x10
vertical press 110x10

NO FAILURES!!!

then off to do my intended cardio, ran for 25 minutes. feet started to get numb. i stand for 8 hours at work then have to run and i dont think my legs are used to it. got done running and felt pretty pumped for some reason. was walking after the run to cool down and passed the weight machines again so i figured wtf and jumped on them.

bench press 125x4 (new record for me)
vertical press 110x4
compound row 185x4 (new record for me)
preacher curl 90x4
tricep extension 80x12 (was too easy but didnt wanna change weights)
incline press 110x4
vertical press 125x4 (new record for me)

all in all, i kicked some @ss.

diet for today was
2 eggs, hardboiled
2 cans of tuna (one was canola :( grabbed the wrong kind)
2 glasses of milk
and a gatorade

910 calories 27 grams of fat (damn canola) 60 carb 96g protein

need to invest in some creatine and some gloves, my hands are getting rough. i keep reading that creatine helps keep muscle mass while cutting and thats something i should probably look into.

current weight 174LBS

BOOOYAH!

PaulB
01-23-2003, 06:06 PM
goals for tonight are

bench press 140x4
vertical press 125x4
preachers curl 110x4
compound row 200x4

NateDogg
01-23-2003, 06:14 PM
Not being "strong enough" is not a reason to avoid adopting a good routine. What do you think everyone here started out lifting? Your actually in a better position that most of us are. You have the chance to start out right, not wasting years of training like many of us, including myself did. Don't blow that.

Just my $.02

the doc
01-23-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by NateDogg
Not being "strong enough" is not a reason to avoid adopting a good routine. What do you think everyone here started out lifting? Your actually in a better position that most of us are. You have the chance to start out right, not wasting years of training like many of us, including myself did. Don't blow that.

Just my $.02

rookiebldr
01-23-2003, 09:01 PM

If you don't like the squats or deads yet then sub with something simular for the moment. Oh, nice arm strength there Paul.

Frozenmoses
01-23-2003, 09:13 PM
910 cals is not anywhere near enough, man. You're going to lose fast, yes, but your body is going to start storing fat instead of burning it if you keep this up making it harder on yourself. Eat more.

PaulB
01-23-2003, 11:32 PM
too tired to type anything fancy

incline press 140x4 70x10
pec fly 130x4 70x10
vertical press 125x10 90x10
precher curl 115x4 75x10 70x15
bench press 140x2 100x8 70x10 60x10
compound row 200x4 100x10 80x10
tricep extension 110x10 70x10
overhead press 90x10 70x10

diet

3 glasses of milk
3 cans of tuna in water
2 eggs hardboiled

875 cal 15g fat 37 carb 137 protein

weight: 172lbs

trying to kick my arms @ss so i can get moving onto the free weights. tried them out today, no luck. i could barely keep 90lbs steady on the bench press, so i headed back to the machines. guess itll be a few more weeks before i get to the wbb routines.

WillKuenzel
01-23-2003, 11:48 PM
diet

3 glasses of milk
3 cans of tuna in water
2 eggs hardboiled

875 cal 15g fat 37 carb 137 protein

Dude, please tell me that's just one meal. You are not eating enough. Its going to hurt you more in the long run to be fasting yourself like that. Cutting doesn't mean starving yourself.

One of the main reasons you are going to see such a drastic decrease in energy is that you are not eating enough to maintain any kind of normal life on top of weight training. You're still gonig to lose the weight by eating healthy. Don't think that you have to stave yourself to lose weight. Just increasing the number of calories you burn will help it along. Eating sub-1000 calories won't get you there any faster and when you do start eating more its all going to come slamming back on you because your body is going to be in fat storage mode because it will think its going to be starved again.

Miss Rezza
01-24-2003, 12:45 AM

plus you mentioned earlier that you don't mind if you lose muscle mass, just as long as you "lose the weight fast"!! Well you might lose that weight, but lemme tell you you're gonna gain it all back (and more) once you finish your diet!!! Trust me... i've "been there, done that"!!

Losing muscle mass = a decrease in your BMR (base metabolic rate)!! tuttut

One word Paul....... PATIENCE!

Frozenmoses
01-24-2003, 07:49 AM
Also, if you keep eating like this, you're never going to move onto freeweights because your strength is going to start decreasing as your body cannibalizes muscle for food. We're not nagging you just to nag, we're nagging you because most of us have been in the same boat, and if we had listened to the advice we're giving you now, we'd all be better off now.

PaulB
01-24-2003, 08:33 AM
alright then, ill up my calories by 1000.
what could i eat that would bring me up 1k that i could split into 2 meals? 2 PB&J sammys i think would be close. 2 frozen dinners. 2 bowls of cereal and something else. mebbe ill just get the double sized cans of tuna, i think they have around 400 calories in each one.

my body hurts so good today. first day my back/shoulders have hurt since i started working out. tonights cardio, but i really dont feel like going today. i dont know well see i guess.

Paul Stagg
01-24-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by PaulB
[

Real quick, the reason why im not doing the WBB routines, is that im not strong enough yet. my arms give out. my workout buddy and i are waiting till mid feb or so before we even try. my biceps are like 12-13". i cant really do a whole lot till they get bigger and my grip improves.

Not an excuse.

You ARE strong enough to lift.

You are starting almost exactly where I did. I was 185 at 5'11. 37 inch waist.

Ease into one of the WBB routines, or one like it. You don't have to do every lift (you do have to train your legs, though)

You should be eating 1750 calories a day AT THE VERY LEAST.

Small steps. You are not going to have washboard abs in 2 weeks (hell, I still don't, and I started 8 years ago!). But in a couple of months you can make very obvious changes to your body, and keeping at this for years will do wonders for your health and your quality of life. I'm 32. I'm more active, feel better, more energetic, FAR stronger, and leaner and better looking than I was when I got out of college.

But it took small steps.

IceRgrrl
01-24-2003, 10:22 AM
I'll just add my voice to what the others have said...eat more (you want to lose the RIGHT weight slowly and steadily to keep it off AND avoid screwing up your metabolism), don't worry about "being strong enough" for the WBB routines...they are solid for any beginner. Consistency and steady progress is the key...give yourself time and you'll be surprised at the results. :)

Definitely work your legs...they are largest muscles in your body and working them will help rev up your metabolism as well as help you avoid injury by keeping all body parts active and balanced.

There's lots of good info here...good luck!

PaulB
01-24-2003, 08:34 PM
tonights my first off day in a while, was gonna go do another cardio, but my weights dropping like crazy so i figure an off day wont hurt.

diet

2 roast beef sandwhiches
2 eggs hardboiled
2 glasses of milk
1 can of tuna
2 beers
4 spoonfulls of cottage cheese
estimated: 1700 calories 50g of fat 200 carb 190g protein

tommorrow i have a heavy lifting day. prolly drop back a bit on the food. mebbe cottage cheese/eggs/tuna and milk or something to get me up to 1400 or so calories. btw no-fat cottage cheese taste like chalk thats been squeezed outta some cows t*t.

weight 171lbs

Miss Rezza
01-24-2003, 08:37 PM

Now that's more like it!! :thumbup:

Mik
01-24-2003, 09:03 PM
Hey Paul, just checked out your journal for the first time. Glad to see you're bumping your cals up. I know you've heard it over and over and I can't add anything to what's already been said but keep those calories up and listen to the folks here. They know their $hit.

Good luck mate!

WillKuenzel
01-24-2003, 09:28 PM
diet

2 roast beef sandwhiches
2 eggs hardboiled
2 glasses of milk
1 can of tuna
2 beers
4 spoonfulls of cottage cheese

Excellent!! That's just about right. Grab some chicken breast too. Add some variety to your diet and you'll find you actually enjoy eating that little bit more that will help you out so much more. Eating small meals spread across the day helps to keep your metabolism cranked up. If you don't get enough calories, your metabolism will almost shut down. When that happens, no matter how little you eat, you will put on weight.

Diet is looking 100% better. Work on the variety and you're all set.

tommorrow i have a heavy lifting day. prolly drop back a bit on the foodThat is the last thing you want to do on a heavy lifting day. You should actually want to eat more on those days. If you eat more on those days, especially those days, you won't notice it because your body will be burning the fuel you've given it.

You did a great job today. Keep it up and you'll see the results alot quicker than you would with such a low calorie count.

BTW, I can't stand cottage cheese either but its just one of those things. Try some slow cooking oatmeal in the mornings. The complex carbs will help give you energy throughout the day.

PaulB
01-24-2003, 11:22 PM
i buy tons of tuna, cuz i eat around 3 cans a day. well in the past 4 days ive bought 5 diff kinds, just to see which is the best.

so heres the top 3

1)albertsons or kroger brand tuna
2) starkiss?? (has some f*ckin dolphin on the front of it cant remember its name but it starts with an s
3) anything off brand.

Chicken of the sea brand = sh*t. i get about a bone every 2 cans and it taste like crap. getting a bone in my tuna makes me wanna puke. ruins my appetite. same with salmon, i try to buy it boneless and the it has bunch in the can. very gay if you ask me. still havnt tried the canned halubit (spelling?) and octopus yet.

bradley
01-25-2003, 05:03 AM
I like the starkist albacore tuna, although I sometimes just go with the regular because it does cost a little more. Keep up the hard work Paul. It will be well worth it.:)

PaulB
01-25-2003, 08:21 PM
heavy day

getting tired bringing a notepad to the gym everday so i think im just gonna bring it once a week so i can still see some progress.

today i did mainly chest and arms. trying to rip my arms a new @sshole. tried some new stuff, but i didnt really have enough time (gym closed earlier than i thought) to do everything i wanted. i been reading over some stuff and i heard that static lifting right after a heavy set can really put the hurt on ya so i tried it. what i was doing was lifting up the weights to full extension then dropping it down 2 or 3 inches and holding it till i thought i couldnt hold it anymore then id start counting and when i hit 15 id drop them. dont know if this is how its to be done or not, but it sure hurt like hell.

bench press 100x10, 125xstatic
compound row 170x10, 200xstatic
tricep extension 80x10, 120xstatic <-PAIN
preachers curl 95x10, 110xstatic, 90x10
vertical press 110x10, 150xstatic, 90x10
overhead press 100x10, 100xstatic
some ab machine i did for a while, 120x10 140xstatic <-PAIN

i was gonna keep doing more, but the place closes at 8pm on sat/sun.

diet:

PB&J for breakfast
2 eggs for lunch
1 can of tuna for lunch
1 can of tuna for supper
1 roast beef sandwhich for supper
4 glasses of milk

estimated cuz the site where i normally keep track of my intake is down.

1200-1500 calories 20-35g fat 180-220g protein

weight 174lbs, this was done right after i ate so i figure im still around 172

NateDogg
01-26-2003, 07:05 AM
Now we're getting somewhere :thumbup:

On the cottage cheese...avoid store brands as it's not the same. My favorite is Breakstone's 4% fat. Try it out. The extra 4 or 5 grams of fat or so wouldn't hurt, and I bet you'd be happier eating it. :D

Frozenmoses
01-26-2003, 11:02 AM
Glad to see you're eating, bro. Keep this up and you will go far. I'd still say your cals are a little low, but this is definitely an improvement. At your weight, I'd say 2200ish cals would be ace for cutting.

bradley
01-26-2003, 12:03 PM
Good job on increasing the cals. Now if we could convince you to eat just a little more.:) I think you will begin to see a lot more progress and feel better about your workouts with the increased calorie intake. Keep it up.

PaulB
01-26-2003, 09:04 PM
JUST got off work like 20 minutes ago. gyms closed. thats the second cardio day ive had off in a week. ill have to kick my own @ss when i wake up.

diet

can of tuna
2 glasses of milk
and some cottage cheese for a snack

i dont feel hungry so im not gonna push it. figure if my body needs to eat more it could at least have the common courtesy to make me hungry.

weight 173

noticing my muscles getting alot bigger, i guess this is normal or so for the first month or 2 so im not super thrilled. nice to be getting something back for all the work ive been puting into it. hell i had to give up drinking and fast food so i could do this.

Frozenmoses
01-26-2003, 09:27 PM
Don't let lack of hunger keep you from eating, bro. Diet is THE MOST important part of training. Your body needs fuel to grow, and it's not always going to let you know when you're low.

PaulB
01-27-2003, 10:51 PM
bench press x10 x10 x8 static
incline press x10 x10 x8 static
overhead press x10 x10 x8 static
vertical press x10 x10 x8 static
pec fly x10 x10 x8 static
preacher curl x10 x10 x8 static
tricep ext x10 x10 x8 static
ab pullover x10 x10 x8 static
compound row x10 x10 x8 static

weights are getting higher and statics are lasting alot longer.

diet, was pretty bad today.

can of tuna for lunch
then i was at work so dinner was made up of 3 tacos from taco hell.
prolly another can of tuna before bed
3 glasses of milk throughout the day

i rule.

PaulB
01-27-2003, 10:53 PM
weight 177lbs :(
my fats starting to go away so im thinking im gaining all the weight in muscle.

ectx
01-27-2003, 11:51 PM
Congrats on starting the Journal. I'm not gonna beat a dead horse and go over all the diet stuff that's already been mentioned. You've gotten excellent advice. Step away from the scale. It can be demoralizing sometimes. Only get on it maybe once a week and always at the same time of day. Try first thing in the morning after you do your bathroom visit. This will make your weight more measurements more consistant. You're body will fluctuate in water weight by several pounds in one day...by several I mean even more than 5 lbs...depending on how much water you're getting...which reminds me...add about 3 liters of water a day. Small steps my friend...you'll feel it by the end of the week...you'll see it by the end of the month...and pretty soon others will see it to. Best of luck yo.

PaulB
01-28-2003, 08:46 PM
another ****ing day off. i had to work till 9:30 and i have to get up at 6 to go back into work for some gay reason. im afraid if i go workout ill be up till 2 or so like normal and be late or super groggy for work. at least its just a cardio day.

diet:

can of tuna
4 glasses of milk
an egg
and a beer.

Frozenmoses
01-28-2003, 09:30 PM
Man, eat more. Please.

Delphi
01-28-2003, 10:53 PM
What do you think about the static holds so far?

If you don't eat more we're going to give your phone number to Tryska's new "friend" and tell him that the number is her twin sister's. :p

PaulB
01-30-2003, 01:29 PM
diet and going to the gym for a month and i keep gaining weight. im eating close to nothing and im still gaining.

weight 182lbs

PaulB
01-30-2003, 01:30 PM
add:

heavy day today, THANK ****ING GOD CUZ I HAVE SOOO MUCH ENERGY and my body hasnt been in painfor at least 15 hours.

PaulB
01-30-2003, 01:31 PM
add: feet hurt like **** though. my job sucks.

bradley
01-30-2003, 04:53 PM
If you keep eating "next to nothing" your metabolism is gonna slow to a crawl. Take the advice of everyone that has posted and eat more. You have the dedication which I admire, now just apply the knowledge that people are giving you and you will be much more satisfied with the results.

PaulB
01-30-2003, 11:09 PM
tonight was kinda iffy. i pushed myself till failure so i guess i cant be too disapointed. did some decent weights, but my arms are still failing on me.

vert press 170x10, 185x7f
overhead press 120x7f+110x2, 100x6
prec fly 110x10
incline press 125x10, 140x6
bench press 125x10, 110x6
compound row 170x10, 200x6
tricep ext 90x10, 100x6
preacher curl 100x10, 120x4f+110x2

did statics till failure with max + 10-15lbs
failures when no matter how hard i try my arms still drop

diet:

supper was a bowl of beef stew
and i think ill have a can of tuna and a roast beef sandwich before i goto bed. 5 glasses of milk.

my weights are going up good i guess, but i the way my body looked would hurry up and change.

PaulB
01-30-2003, 11:11 PM
weight 178lbs. i guess its just bouncing around. i dont a ton so i guess its all the water/milk i drink?

PaulB
02-01-2003, 07:17 PM
heavy day, not much to say.
2 sets of the normal **** i do
and one round of static.
weights still going up. vertical press of 190lbs cuz im cool and was able to do overhead press of 120lbs.

diet, same old same old.

PaulB
02-03-2003, 11:17 PM
me and my workout buddy (that Rrichardson guy) decided to do the free weights today. didnt expect the weights to weigh that much :( i figure in a week or two, once we learn how to control the weights throughout a rep well be able to do a good 30 or 40 lbs more than we are doing now. decided not to write the weights down. but we did do 1 set of machines (our normal ones) then we went and did 3 sets each of incline bench, bench press and decline bench. we couldnt think of any more chest workouts to do since SOMEONE forgot the freakin book. then we went back to the machines and did 1 more heavy heavy set with 4 reps each. came home and pounded some milke and roast beef sandwhiches. IM THE MAN. thursday is our next heavy day, shoulders, back and arms :P

PaulB
02-04-2003, 11:18 AM
im picking up the wwb 1 routine, now that im doing free weights. but you think itd be ok to do it like this instead

day 1:
chest + back
day 2:
off
day 3:
squats + standing calve raises
biceps+triceps
day 4:
off
day 5:
shoulders
chest + light back
day 6:
off
day 7:
off

kinda light on the legs, but hey at least ill be doing them!
and im really really wanting a bigger more beautiful chest and bulkier back so i wanna throw in a bit extra for them.

--------------------------
and my diets changed to something like this

breakfast 14oz milk

2nd breakfast 14oz milk

lunch tuna and 14oz milk

2nd lunch sandwhich of some sort, most likely lunch meat and bread, 14oz of milk

light dinner- varies depending on what im craving

2nd dinner tuna, 14oz of milk

calorie intake should be around 30%carb 20%fat (good fats mostly) and 50% protein. if i get bored ill enter all the stuff into my food journal site thingy and figure out what it comes out to.
should flop out around 1700-2000 calories. mom always says milks good for me and im drinking over half a gallon of it a day so i should be good to go :O

------------------
so you think itll be ok to change my routine to the one up there? also im gonna throw in some abs stuff on my days off. BUT i dont know what i should be doing. i dont really want toner abs right now, i want bigger abs. so should i be doing it every day or every few days or what! help!

btw weight of 168lbs WEEEE!

Frozenmoses
02-04-2003, 07:02 PM
Praise the lord, you're going to finally eat healthy! Good choice, man. It will definitely pay off.

As far as adding in more chest/back work, keep in mind that more is not always better. You gotsta be careful to not overtrain, or that extra effort might be detrimental.

PaulB
02-06-2003, 11:26 PM
1)military press 65x8 75x6
-with dumbells 25x8 25x8 30x6

2)reverse flys
-with dumbells 15x8 10x6

3)french curls
-with dumbells 15x8 20x8

4)concentration curls
-with dumbells 20x8 20x8

5)lat raises
-with dumbells 15x8 15x8

6)squats
-smith machine 85x8 135x6

7)benched some stuff
norm- 95x8
incline- 95x8
decline 95x8

diets the same old same old. getting tired of tuna. milk still rocks.

PaulB
02-07-2003, 02:42 PM
my whole upper body hurts today, not a bad hurt but a good one :P

i think im in love with free weights!

PaulB
02-07-2003, 02:43 PM
oh btw i started taking what i guess are similar to stacker2's and also picked up some conjugated linoleic acid supplement thats supposed to burn fat. good idea to use these or not??

PaulB
02-07-2003, 11:05 PM
ive had a few beers tonight and i feel fat now :(
are they really that bad for you?

PaulB
02-08-2003, 09:38 AM
got a good routine down i think

3 days a week

1st day chest, shoulders
2nd day legs, arms
3rd day back abs

today was a 3rd day

lat pull 90x8 80x8x2

low row 100x8 80x8 70x8

shrugs 35x12x3

dumbell row 35x8x3

lower back machine 130x8 120x8 110x8

abdominal machine 120x8 130x8 140x8

leg raises 3 sets of 12

incline crunches 3 sets of 12 (i think they are called that, was at a slope)

oblique crunches 6 sets of 12 (3 sets each side)

------------------------

gonna make an excel spreadsheet to bring with me i think. have it have each lift i do, with three rows for each, then the columns be for each day i go. think itll be pretty easy to track my progress with that.

-----------------

diets holding steady. went out and bought a sh*tload of eggs, gonna switch off the tuna and eat some eggs. eating tuna makes me wanna puke now. almost a gallon of milk a day, but it dont taste that bad pluss its better for me than soda.

---------------------

gonna try and get some uptodate pics up here over the next few days.

PaulB
02-10-2003, 11:23 PM
today was chest and shoulders. my left shoulder was freaking killing me for half the night. i think im gonna start strechin just a bit before i lift. other than that tonight was great. rob forgot the notepad so we didnt keep track of what all we did and weights and what not. still havnt gotten that excel spreadsheet made. highlights for tonight were decline bench of 145lbs, had 4 25lb plates so it didnt look as cool as the 45lb ones, but i still did a set of 8 with 145 on it. butterfly press (i think its called that, used dumbells) did it with some 40's which i found to be impressive since im such a skinny ****. next heavy day is thursday, arms and legs :**(
i kinda like doing arms cuz i can make them hurt so bad that they stop burning. still drinking a beer or two every other day or so. gotta stop doing that, might be putting a damper on my weight cuttin.

RRichardson
02-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Don't blame everything on me. We could have gone back and got the notepad, or asked at the front desk. I take no Responsibility.

PaulB
02-15-2003, 10:59 AM
ive been too sick lately to do much. i thnk my old roomate came back from college sick and now i have what he had when he first got here. this morning i woke up really cold and sweaty. i donned a fulll set of clothes 3 blankets and layed some pillows next to me for some added heat and watched tv for a few hours till i fell asleep again. woke up fealing pretty good so maybe ill be done with whatever i have soon and i can get back to normal stuff.

PaulB
02-22-2003, 10:02 AM
ok im back in business. my nose is still a bit messed up, but its no longer interfering with my sleeping. i work from 12-9pm today and the gym closes at 8pm i think on weekends. so i guess my lifting buddy and i will try to go tomorrow so we wont miss anymore days. while i was sick i ate normal, whenever i was hungry, im sure its messed up my diet, but its only been a week so i dont think its anything drastic.
till next time, peace

btw theres this girl i met, whos 16 (nice and fresh) but im 21 and she wants to put out for me, should i take it or is it not worth the risk?

John0101
02-22-2003, 12:36 PM
If u really wanna lose weight fast, do some cardio and add more intensity in your workouts. I dunno how you feel about drugs, but uppers like ephedra, ampth, etc. speeds up meta. depending how fast u wanna lose weight

PaulB
02-23-2003, 07:24 PM
worked out today
chest+arms

near died doing my arms.
chest was good, weights are still getting higher. cant do plates of 45 yet on the bench, but 35's i can push. i think i hurt my left rotater cup somehow, doing anything involving vertical press's or inclines kills my it. ran a bit after too. weight is now 174lbs with all my clothes + shoes.

thats all thats new
still havnt gotten any since december :(

Frozenmoses
02-23-2003, 09:07 PM
Watch out, homes. That situation screams "jail bait!"

Saint Patrick
02-23-2003, 09:54 PM
btw theres this girl i met, whos 16 (nice and fresh) but im 21 and she wants to put out for me, should i take it or is it not worth the risk?

No poon-tang is worth going to jail for.

PaulB
02-28-2003, 12:46 AM
heavy day,

shoulder + back, thats all there is to it, my arms are getting pretty ripped :P

Vido
02-28-2003, 01:03 AM

Risk shmisk. In the words of one Tom Leykis "You're 21, you should be trying to get as much tail as you can get right now. You don't need a serious relationship. You just want to bang chicks." I don't see this as a risky situation at all, unless you're an a$$hole to her...and remember, the biggest risk is not taking one at all.

Miss Rezza
02-28-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Saint Patrick

No poon-tang is worth going to jail for.

Amen to that!

PaulB
03-04-2003, 07:07 PM
forgot to post last nights workout, not that anyone reads this ****. the workout went well, i was soo close to benching with 45lb plates on. not much for you guys and all, but for me its one hella a feat. i decline benched 135lbs, flat benched 125lbs, and incline benched 115lbs *which klled my left shoulder. i did dumbell bench press's with 50lbers and the only bad thing about the workout was when i was doing my shoulders, i had a hartime doing milatary presses with dumbells with only 35lbs in each hand, it was like if i went out of my form just an inch id lose control and id be wasting all my energy getting back into form.

still weigh 170lbs

the girl was supposed to come over tommorrow morning and f*ck but i called it off cuz im a panzy. id be worrying too much about the risk to enjoy anything.

PaulB
03-06-2003, 07:18 AM
heavy night last night, back and arms.
everything went well, plus i got a surprise when i was able to do 115lb close grip bench press's. also did 3x4 pull ups, which ive never been able to do before. long as i keep seeing this progress i doubt ill have much trouble getting my fatass to the gym.
this is the end of ths journal. starting monday, ill be switching to my new journal. friday i get my digi cam back so ill have my before and after pics lined up so you can see how well ive progressed.

PaulB
03-10-2003, 09:41 PM
end of this journal.
i rock.