PDA

View Full Version : High GI Carb foods besides Smarties?

KingJustin
01-19-2003, 10:01 PM
Can someone suggest some high GI Carb foods/drinks that would be a good idea to have after working out other than Smarties?

Also, I have a little blender I'll mix Whey in...would it be dangerous (ie get Salmanila(sp?) or something) to mix an egg in with it?

Thanks.

GIS
01-19-2003, 10:12 PM
Just get some dextros (what's in smarties) or maltodextrin from a wine-making store or self-brewing shop and add like 50-80g of it to your whey powder depending on how many carbs you want in your diet. Fruit juice is an okay drink as well for it contains fructos which is a reletively high GI carb.

As for the egg... save yourself the risk (even though raw eggs right out of the fridge arn't extremely high risk) and taste by just getting a protein shake with 50-60g of whey. that's all you'll need anyway, and if you want egg protein just buy some egg protein powder and add it to your shake. I say it's not very beneficial to add an egg to your shake anyway.

BCC
01-19-2003, 10:12 PM
White rice.

the doc
01-19-2003, 10:22 PM
white potatos

Fudomyo
01-19-2003, 10:38 PM
Buy 10lbs of corn sugar (dextrose) at the local brewing supply store. I think mine was $8.

DOH! I gave away the whole N-Large business plan. Damnit.