PDA

View Full Version : Fats

bob2624
01-19-2003, 10:35 PM
Hey, I know awhile ago someone posted something that contained everything about carbs. I was wondering(after an unsuccessful search) if anyone made one on fats. :confused:

I have to do a science project on them and figured that this would be the easy way.

If there is a file on them, please give me the link. If anyone has info on them, i would appreciate that also.

bob2624
01-19-2003, 10:45 PM
Did another search and found that majsi98 posted the awesome carb info, so majsi98, if you have anything on fats, i would appreiate it. Thanks

bradley
01-20-2003, 02:58 AM
http://www.howstuffworks.com/fat.htm

Don't know how reliable this is but it has a lot of info. I just ran a quick search and this caught my eye. Take it for what its worth.

bob2624
01-20-2003, 09:49 AM
thanks. that site was perfect. I really appreciate that.

PaulB
01-22-2003, 04:55 PM
i was thinking about the fats today when i accidently bought tuna in canola oil instead of spring water. i sat down to 1 can cuz its all i had and i wasnt going to drive 15 minutes to return the others when i have to goto the store tommorrow. so i pop open this can and it tastes like sh*t. the only diff between spring water tuna and the canola oil tuna is 6 grams of fat. but the 6 grams of fat are all polyunsat and monounsat. so is this good? are these good fats for me even though im cutting?

AJ_11
01-22-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by PaulB
are these good fats for me even though im cutting?

Yes it is still important to get a balanced EFA while you are cutting. I think that it is more important because it will keep you fuller longer as well. I would say to try to get about 30% of you daily cals from fats at least.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-23-2003, 09:57 AM
I wrote a rather ridiculously large article on them a few years back. It'll be on the main site in the diet archives if you can be bothered enough to read it.

Wizard
01-23-2003, 06:45 PM
That article rules.

bigkevin20
01-24-2003, 01:45 PM
From your link

"By the way, the only difference between oil and fat is whether or not it is a solid at room temperature."

I did not know that.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-24-2003, 01:54 PM
Anything saturated is solid at room temp.

Anything unsaturated is liquid (oil) at room temp.

Ever cooked bacon or sausages in a frying pan and noticed the left over oil in the pan harden up and go white as it cools? That's the saturated fat.

I don't particularly like the way that article words it.