PDA

View Full Version : NotSoBig's Journal

NotSoBig
01-21-2003, 11:34 PM
After reading much info here on the forums, I have decided that I need to lose some weight before I start to build bulk. As of right now, the main problem is my stomach. My legs,arms, and back are in fairly good condition.

Current Stats:
Weight: 190
Bodyfat: coming soon
Thighs: 24.5"
Calves: 16.5"
Biceps: 14.5"
Chest: (not sure how to measure this yet, but all the way around, and across my chest us 40.5" )
Waist: 34"

Currently Taking:
Centrum Multivitamin x 1 in the am
Tri-Pro Creatine Citrate 20 mins before workout

Workout:
Using the TotalGym 1500 (until I get moved) I am doing the following excercises. This takes approx. 1 hour and I do this every day.
Arm Pullover - 10x2 @ max incline
Chest Fly - 10x2 @ max incline
Chest Press - 10x2 @ max incline
Abdominal Crunch - 15x2
Lying Leg Lift - 10x2
Incline Sit Up - 7x2 @ max incline
Seated Torso Twist - 10x2 @ max incline
Cross Cable Reverse Fly - 10x2 @ 2nd lowest incline
Military Press - 10x2 @ max incline
Overhead Tricep Pressdown - 10x2 @ 2nd lowest incline
Tricep Pressdown - 10x2 at 2nd highest incline
Forearm Curl - 10x2 @ max incline
Incline Bicep Curl - 10x2 @ max incline
Lat Row - 10x2 @ max incline
Pull Up - 10x2 @ max incline
Squat - 10x2 @ max incline

Cardio
Need to start working on cardio asap but its damn cold outside and don't have access to a gym or any other equipment right now. Running around my subdivision every chance I get, and might be getting treadmill soon.

If anyone reads this and has suggestions, send them my way. I am all ears (and tummy :p )

NotSoBig
01-21-2003, 11:35 PM
Ran for 15 mins solid tonight. 12 degrees outside so not much fun

AstronautJones
01-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Congrats on starting a journal!

Oh yeah. . . :spam:

NateDogg
01-22-2003, 07:37 AM
:spam:

McBain
01-22-2003, 07:42 AM
hey notsobig good luck with droppign the bf, im in the same position, its goddamn hard tryign to have a better diet (lol it is for me at least) but worth it in the long run.....good luck and stay motivated!

Mik
01-22-2003, 08:04 AM
Welcome to journal land and good luck!

Frozenmoses
01-22-2003, 09:17 AM
You workout everyday? Seems like overtraining to me, unless this is some form of circuit training which I have no clue about. Either way, good luck. Also, if you're supplementing with creatine, why not grab some whey for a postworkout shake? That is, unless, you are really good about getting sufficient protein from whole foods immediately after lifting.

NotSoBig
01-22-2003, 01:37 PM
Actually I am still learning to do all of this the correct way. I am working out every day because I thought it would be beneficial since I have some gut to lose. Also since I only have this Total Gym to play with, I don't think I am going to see the same results as I would with free weights.

As for the protein, I am going to start that tonight I think. Should I drink it directly after the workout? I usually work out at about 8pm and I am in bed by 11pm. Will this change things?

I still need to sit down and figure out a complete diet so that I am taking in the correct amount of calories and protein. I have done some basic workout for 4+ years now, but only now am I actually getting serious about it. I have a lot to learn, but I will get there. :)

Also... whats all the spam messages for? Something I said?

NotSoBig
01-22-2003, 02:00 PM
Off to a bad start. I started the day with a few handfuls of Resee's Bites, and had some loaded chicken soft tacos & french fries from a local fast food joint for lunch.

I need to get to the store and buy some healthy foods to take to work with me. When you need lunch, and fast food is all thats around , thats what you end up eating. I'm doing it to myself, and it has to stop. tuttut

Have about 5 hours until workout.

Mik
01-22-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by NotSoBig
Off to a bad start. I started the day with a few handfuls of Resee's Bites, and had some loaded chicken soft tacos & french fries from a local fast food joint for lunch.

I need to get to the store and buy some healthy foods to take to work with me. When you need lunch, and fast food is all thats around , thats what you end up eating. I'm doing it to myself, and it has to stop. tuttut

Have about 5 hours until workout.

Get to the store and get some real food. I know if I don't bring food to work I end up eating like crap so I make sure I bring food. Those fries will kill ya on the spot!

:D

Frozenmoses
01-22-2003, 05:02 PM
You should drink your protein immediately after completing your workout. Time of day really isn't an issue.

bradley
01-23-2003, 07:13 AM
Good luck with the journal. You might try jumping rope or something like that for some cardio. The Spam messages are just something people throw in a new journal. Not a bad thing by any means.:)

NotSoBig
01-23-2003, 10:13 PM
Got a treadmill today. Hit it hard for 30 mins or so (about all I can handle ) and did my usual workout. Also trying to take in good protein and calories as suggested ( 12 * weight for calories and 1gram per lb for protein) by some forum members, but im getting discouraged.

Started to fix the diet some today. Didn't eat as much as I should, but its a start.

7:00 am - Multivitamin
12:00 pm - Chicken Caesar Salad w/ ranch dressing + soda
5:00 pm - Grilled chicken breast & corn + 1/2 % milk
7:30 pm - Creatine citrate
8:00 pm - Started Workout
9:30 pm - Finished Workout
9:30 pm - Protein Shake

Im trying to figure out how im going to lose body fat here, but hopefully it will work out. The numbers just don't seem to be adding up. According to the info above, I would need to take in 2850 Calories, and 190 grams of protein.

Chicken Salad - how much calories and how much protein?
Chicken breast - how many calories and how much protein?
Corn - Calories, protein?
Protein Shake + 1/2 % Milk = 33 grams of protein & 224 Calories

So we are at 224 calories for the day with the shake alone (without knowing info on the rest)

Treadmill time burned 150 calories (according to the treadmill)

Someone please tell me this is a formula for success lol.

Ill fix this post up later, just wanted to get it down while fresh in my mind.

NotSoBig
01-23-2003, 10:17 PM
Also got a skinfold caliper today. Must be doing something wrong though because it says I am @ 19% and if you look at my picture in the pictures forum, it must be more than that. Not sure if I am measuring the wrong spot or what. Do more research in morning.

bradley
01-24-2003, 04:08 AM
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/SR15/sr15.html

www.fitday.com

These two websites should help in finding out the calorie content of your food. Might want to purchase a book with the food counts in it from your local bookstore.

The 12*bw is just a general guideline and you might need to adjust the total caloric intake if the weight is not coming off. Give it a week or two and then re-evaluate. Keep up the hard work.

NotSoBig
01-24-2003, 09:31 PM
Thanks Bradley

NotSoBig
01-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Great day today. I feel great and decided not to wait for the move to break out the free weights. The total gym wasn't doing it for me so I am going to start hitting the free weights again. Id like to break my routine down into sections and work different areas on different days like other guys on this site do. Will need some guidance in this area but ill get there.

I wanted to work my upper body tonight so I did about 45 mins worth of curls, flys, and bench presses. Also hit the treadmill 3 times today for a total of about 45 mins.

Kicked the protein up a notch too. Heres how the day went.

6:00 am - Treadmill 15 mins, had a carnation instant breakfast, multivitamin, off to work
8:00 am - Came home for a turkey sandwich - breakfast
2:00 pm - Chicken wrap for lunch
3:00 pm - Protein shake & 15 mins on the treadmill
5:00 pm - Steak @ salad for dinner
7:00 pm - Treadmill 15 mins & Protein Shake
8:10 pm - Creatine Citrate
8:30 pm - Upper body workout with dumbells and curl bar.
9:15 pm - Protein Shake

When I start learning more about the individual excercises that I can do with the free weights that I have, ill start posting workout details. Right now diet is a big thing for me, so just trying to keep tabs on it.

Hopefully a gym membership is in my future. Ive got a Bally's Total Fitness right down the street, just not enough dough right now to foot the bill. Soon though, SOON! If I don't get into a gym soon, im gonna fall off during my move. Need a place to train while those weights and other equip are being packed and moved.

MUST NOT LOSE MOTIVATION !!

:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

bradley
01-25-2003, 05:43 AM
This is a good site if you haven't already seen it.

www.exrx.net

NotSoBig
01-26-2003, 01:10 AM
Added it to my favs. Thanks brad.

Ive ditched the total gym, and will be pursuing the WBB1 Routine starting monday. I practiced a few of the excercises tonight and so far so good.

Ate good again today. About the same as the last couple days. I am going to stop posting diet now because I have already trained myself to eat better.

Going to be off again tomorrow, and hitting the weights hard monday. Not sure how the WBB routine is going to work out though, because I feel like i'll be under training. Will see though.

NotSoBig
01-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Monday Jan 27 2003

Started WBB1 Routine Today. The entire routine tonight only lasted 30 mins. I feel like I need to do more.

Chest

Flat Barbell Bench Press 2 x 10 reps
Low Incline Dumbbell Press: 2 x 10 reps
Dips: Not possible right now with the equipment I have. :( I tossed in an extra set of bench press to try to cover it)

Back

Chin ups 3 x 4 reps (Weak point for me, and I don't have access to a bar so im using steel beam in my basement.)
Deadlifts: 2 x 10 reps
Barbell Rows: 2 x 10 reps
Shrugs: 2 x 10 reps

Other Notes
Current Weight on Barbell : 100 lbs
Current Weight on Dumbbells : 35 lbs
My Weight Today : 193
Last nights sleep: 6 hours
Diet: Good

I feel so weak lately :(

NotSoBig
01-27-2003, 08:20 PM
On a side note, I will be laid off work in 2 weeks. Thats 2 ****ing lost jobs in 6 months. Looks like its time to sell the house.

DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT! When it rains, it pours.

NotSoBig
01-28-2003, 08:33 PM
Today is an off day for the lifting. Going to do HIIT here in about 45 mins. Come to find out, I wont be getting laid off after all. So to celebrate, I went out and got myself an olympic bar and some plates. Now i just need a rack or cage. :)

bradley
01-29-2003, 03:53 AM
Happy to hear that the bad news wasn't true. I guess this would turn it inot good news. Keep up the hard work and put those new weights to good use.;)

NotSoBig
01-29-2003, 08:45 PM
Wednesday Jan 29 2003

Legs

Squats: 2 x 8 reps
Hack Squats: 2 x 8 reps
Leg Curls: 2 x 8 reps
Straight Legged Deadlifts: 2 x 8 reps
Standing Calve Raises: 2 x 8 reps

Other Notes
Weight on Barbell : 115 lbs
Weight on Leg Bar : 65 lbs (Using a ****ty leg machine, hard to use at high weight)
My Weight Today : 193
Last nights sleep: 7 hours
Diet: Good

WillKuenzel
01-29-2003, 09:58 PM
Good to hear you won't be getting laid off. Its a major relief to find out you'll have a job come the end of the day. Nice job with the new weights.

NotSoBig
01-31-2003, 09:30 PM
Did the basic WBB 1 workout for shoulders, tris and bis today.

Getting a little bit down with all thats going on right now. Sucks not having a training partner, and the money situation is a bitch.

I am discontinuing my journal for now, and hopefully will pick it up in a few weeks when ive shed some pounds. Im ready to do whatever it takes to drop this fat, and if that means some muscle has to go too, then so be it.

I think I may cut back to 1 meal a day as this has been a proven way for me to lose weight. It may not be the smartest way, but it is the fastest and most effective from what I have seen.