PDA

View Full Version : Lamb meat

Davy
01-22-2003, 06:04 AM
Somethimes when im short on chicken,turkey or steak i eat lambs meat.

I know it has a rather high fat % then the others but is it soo harmfull for the diet ?
Im cutting for the moment and keep my cals right , so a slight increase in fat in one meal is verry bad or not ?

I recently upped fat % intake cuz my weight whas stagnated.

Since i eat a bit more fat , im back into loosing weight.

Ive looked up some specs of the meat on fitday, it gave me following information for 4oz :

320 cals
Total Fat 22.27g 34%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturated Fat 9.2g 46%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Polyunsaturated Fat 1.59g

Monounsaturated Fat 9.43g

since more than 50% of the fats in it are not satured , i assume its not that bad or is it ?

millertime
01-22-2003, 08:35 AM
Lambs meat is so good. Keep your total calories inline with your diet plan, and you will be fine.

Berserker
01-22-2003, 10:36 AM
Curious is lambs meat commom where your at? Price comparable to beef? Its a bit pricey hear. I've only had it once, and it was good.

Davy
01-23-2003, 01:49 AM
We've got all kind of meats here , thing is , my girlfriend works with a butcher so she gets things (all kind of meat) for free all the time.

Would have been a waste if i didnt ate , though its meat so loaded with animal proteins ;)