PDA

View Full Version : Hey its me again with more cutting questions!

Bryan
01-22-2003, 04:29 PM
Alright well First off I'd like to thank everybody thats responded to my threads and anwsered my many questions. Now Lets get down to business.

I've been trying keto for 2-3 weeks now, and I really like it. But I just started back to school this week and I start back to work next week. I think it will be tought to stick with my keto diet for now, I've thought about going off it and doing a normal cut and maybe saving CKD for the last few weeks when I wanna get really ripped.

What would I need to concenrate on when it comes to cutting without a CKD? I know less calories then I use daily, thats a given but what about macro break downs? 40/30/30? p/c/f. Also HIIT seems to be right up my alley, I love workouts that drill you like HIIT does. What do you guys think? Will I need to ease into carbs now that I've been doing CKD for a few weeks?

Also I plan to add an ECA in 2-3 weeks.

bradley
01-23-2003, 02:20 AM
Yeah the 40/30/30 would probably work well or maybe you could try isocaloric 33/33/33. Like you said as long as you are in a caloric deficit you will lose weight, and remember you will see an initial weight gain when coming off of the CKD due to glycogen replenishment and the accompanying water gain. I would just start incorporating carbs back into my diet and this will bring you out of ketosis. HIIT should work well since you will not be in ketosis. Good luck.

Bryan
01-23-2003, 06:15 AM
Thanks, I'm going to try keto for 1 more week and see how it is while working and going to school after next week I'm going to decide wheather to say on that diet or not. What exactly is an isocaloric diet? just when you have 33/33/33 macro breakdown?

bradley
01-23-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Bryan
What exactly is an isocaloric diet? just when you have 33/33/33 macro breakdown?

Yeah, there have read several people post that they have had good results using it. Good luck with the cut.

Bryan
01-25-2003, 01:26 PM
I'm horrible at designing diets from macro breakdowns hehe