PDA

View Full Version : Favorite carbs during refeeds

ChuckieT
01-22-2003, 05:19 PM
Hey guys, what are some of your favorite foods to eat during refeeds?

Personally I have always enjoyed a can of Bush's baked beans. There's also this wheat bread from Orowheat or whatever that's called Healthnut. It tastes great toasted. :)

BUFF STUFF
01-22-2003, 08:14 PM
Fave carbs

Potatoes,Rice,Pasta,Bread um

chips, french fries:french: , fried chips lol

Not in order But I must say I prefer Potatoes and steak. and rice always with the chicken:burger:

Blood&Iron
01-22-2003, 08:17 PM
What the hell is that crap? That's not a refeed, that's a freakin' hippy nightmare. Baked beans? Wheat bread?

Count Chocula is my choice. Sometime, if I polish off the Count Chocula early in the day, I'll get another box of something. Cap'n Crunch Choco Donuts is okay, if a bit crunchy. Last week, I bought some Lucky Charms. Taste like sh*t: kinda like Cheerios with just a little sugar and a couple of lousy marshmallows. Other personal favorites for meals choices are:

spaghetti with marinara + 3 cups skim milk
Jennie O low-fat microwave roast turkey + Idaho brand instant mashed potatoes (use a handblender so they're smooth)
Low-fat Hostess Crumb Cakes + Oberto Peppered beef jerky
100g B&I Aid (Recipe: 6 cups dextrose, 2 cups Splenda, 6 packets Kool-Aid) + 1 scoop HSN Driver, 1 scoop HSN Primer, 2 cups skim milk

HANSEL
01-22-2003, 08:37 PM
Wow Blood and Iron, Thats exactly what I used to refeed on... Choco Donuts, Count Chocula, Marshmellow Froot Loops. My Fav was Choco donuts, GOD I miss unleashing on a box of those:cry:
I would usually follow that up with some FF No sugar added Ice cream.

HANSEL
01-22-2003, 08:42 PM
Lucky charms are good with some Vanilla protein powder. They also are whole grain and dont have any hydrogenated oil so there the cleanest way to refeed, that and Frosted flakes.
I like Frosted Flakes with Ovaltine also

Blood&Iron
01-22-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by HANSEL
Lucky charms are good with some Vanilla protein powder. They also are whole grain and dont have any hydrogenated oil so there the cleanest way to refeed,

Since ChuckieT also sorta had this theme, I'm just gonna say...

I think a lot of people misunderstand refeeds; they don't need to be 'clean.' Sure, keep the fat low and try to keep the fructose from being too excessive (no more than around 100g per day), but after that anything goes. High-glycemic stuff is actually preferable to stuff like baked beans. Hence, the near universal popularity of kid's cereal.

I still say Lucky Charms tastes like sh*t.

Go Count Chocula!

bradley
01-23-2003, 02:37 AM
Another vote for Count Chocula and that Orea cereal is good as well. Come to think of it all those kids cereals are good.

HANSEL
01-23-2003, 09:13 AM
OOOOHH Bradley!, Oreo O's were so good. A little more fat than Id like to incorporate during a refeed though. I never got too try the Scooby Doo Cinnamon marshellow cereal though, Im a little disapointed. Also, New Capn Crunches "Smash Berries" just came out, I wonder what thats about, I hated the Neutron Berries.

Here is a good one, Anyone remember Ice Cream Cones Cereal?????????
My absoloute fav! I think I was eating them in like the early eighties.....?

Fenbay
01-23-2003, 01:58 PM
Beer.....

ChuckieT
01-23-2003, 04:17 PM
Oh? They don't have to be clean? I'm sorry I was always under the impression that refeeding clean would be the best way to do things. I guess it's this habit of mine to make things as clean as possible when I eat big.

Edit- But by the way, Wheat bread and baked beans are gooooood. :D

Fudomyo
01-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Most of your body is still burning fat. It's actually the preferred food (it's more efficient). Anyway, if you keep your fat intake pretty low it will easily get burnt off.

Double cheese burgers and french fries are obviously going to take you over the limit, despite having high GI carbs in them.

I've seen 15% recommended.

HANSEL
01-25-2003, 09:36 AM
Bump for my Ice Cream Cones Cereal question.......
Here is a link to a little info and pic of it... 1/2 way down page

http://www.lavasurfer.com/cereal-generalmills3.html

carolinagirl
01-25-2003, 03:02 PM
I've always wondered - does anybody eat milk on the cereal during refeeds?

And my vote goes to Pebbles. Any kind of Pebbles - Fruity Pebbles or Cocoa Pebbles, it's all the same to me. I'll eat it, as long as it's Pebbles. Cause I sure do love me some Pebbles.

Mmmmm, Pebbles.

bradley
01-25-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by carolinagirl

And my vote goes to Pebbles. Any kind of Pebbles - Fruity Pebbles or Cocoa Pebbles, it's all the same to me. I'll eat it, as long as it's Pebbles. Cause I sure do love me some Pebbles.

Mmmmm, Pebbles.

Skim milk would probably be the best if you were going to add milk on the cereal.

Blood&Iron
01-25-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by carolinagirl

Of course.

No reason not to. Plus it adds some protein.

I'm saying this as someone who only drinks skim milk. I can't stand the other stuff--tastes like cream to me.

Maki Riddington
01-25-2003, 08:56 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm homo, love it.

*waits for the joke*

Shao-LiN
01-26-2003, 08:26 AM
How dare you diss lucky charms. That's blasphemy. :bash: