PDA

View Full Version : It's About Time!!!

AJ_11
01-24-2003, 02:54 PM
Well this is my first time doing a journal. I have wanted to start one for a while but just never done it.

So this it, I am going to start with introducing myself, my stats and goals.

First off I used to weigh about 250 llbs (College days) then with a training and nutritional program(one that I just made up on the fly, with little research) I lost 80llbs, sorry no before pictures I think that I burned them, lol. In that initial weight loss I manage to lose a bit of muscle as well. I actually just finished my first bulk cycle after my initial weight loss. I have gained 30llbs since September with a calorie surplus and a low rep high weight program consisting of compound excercises 3X a week.

Stats:

Lifts:

Deadlift | 315
Squat | 300
BB Curl | 85
Bench 150(pathetic I know)

Measurments:

Bicep: 14.5" | Waist: 36 | Chest: 41" | Quad: 21" | BF%: around 20

Goals:

Well my main goal is to cut down to about 10%BF which I have never been by mid June, secondly is to increase strength, while maintaining as much LBM as possible.

I am having trouble deciding on a particular program so this is where I ask you for opinions. Also I hate counting calories, I realize that this will be a down fall but I rely on portions, and I do take a rough estimate per meal. Also my rough macrobreakdown is going to be Protein 40 | Carbs 30 | Fat 30, coming from mainly EFA.

I don't think that I will have trouble with weight loss but I would like to see some increases in strength.

I have been already taking a ECA stack and a Creatine mixture for stimulation and will continue with both untill cut is done. (Maybe take a week or two off)

Well Guys thoughts, opinions, and critisism accepted. I will post pictures as soon as I have a camera.

WillKuenzel
01-24-2003, 10:36 PM
First, great job on that initial weight loss. That's an awesome job dude!!

2nd, congrats on starting your journal! Its a good step in the right direction.

As for the routine, well, everybody is always a little partial to the one they do. I know I like mine but if you let us know when you can workout and for about how long you have we can help formulate something a little bit better for ya.

Don't worry about your bench. Those other numbers are incredible. It will all work its way up.

Good luck with it all.

bradley
01-25-2003, 04:56 AM
Good luck with the journal and cut. I think you will find keeping a journal is one of the best motivational tools available.
:spam:

celticwarrior
01-25-2003, 01:18 PM
Big Up to u AJ

Keep training and keep improving

Mik
01-25-2003, 01:27 PM
Welcome to journal land AJ. Good luck mate!

EdgarMex
01-25-2003, 01:35 PM
Congratulations on the weight loss and on starting a jounarl, I'm sure it wil be an interesting reading. :thumbup:

Oh, yeah, and :spam:

AJ_11
01-25-2003, 03:55 PM
Wow, I feel special my first entry. Thanks for your interest guys. That's what I love about this forum everyone seems to look out for one another.

I am planning to take a week off of from training witht the exception of a few days of HIIT cardio to keep me sane. I will still update what I eat. I still am trying to think of a really good training schedule. I need a change from a 3 day to a 4 day and 2 days of cardio. Any suggestions of 4 day splits.:help:

January 26 - Sleep : 10hrs - Weight : 194(still fat, heehee)

Meals are listed in Cals | Protien | Carbs | Fats order when I list them.

2:00 - M1: dextrose and whey mix, KMX energy drink, wanted to try it. Gross -- 350 | 22 | 65 | 0

Workout: Chest and HIIT cardio -- BTW, this is the first time I mixed the 2 in a long time but I am never doing it again. I am going to keep them seperated. Descent workout more like a cardio type workout. 20 min on eliptical (HIIT Cardio)

3:15 - M2: Post workout drink -- 368 | 22 | 70 | 0

5:15 - M3: Stirfry - 732 | 40 | 80 | 28 - This one is a rough estimate becasue I have no Idea. Rice Noodles+Fish+Veggies+Olive Oil

8:00 - M4: Cottage Cheese & Brocolli & Celery - 250 | 50 | ? | 5

PaulB
01-25-2003, 08:08 PM
pfft i bench 110 with freeweights!

gl with your journal

bradley
01-26-2003, 04:45 AM
Here is what I am thinking about:

Mon-Legs
Tues-Chest
Wed-off
Thurs-back/bis
Fri-shoulders/tris

AJ_11
01-26-2003, 12:41 PM
Well I have decided to take a week off to put my thoughts together. I am going to try a Natural Hormonal Enhancement diet as I just started about it so I will make a new journal this week and start the diet and excercises next week. I Need help from some experienced people that did this type of diet. I am in the process of reading some journal right now but if anybody likes to add, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Mik
01-26-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by bradley
Here is what I am thinking about:

Mon-Legs
Tues-Chest
Wed-off
Thurs-back/bis
Fri-shoulders/tris

That's my same split (different order though).

bradley
01-27-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by AJ_11
Well I have decided to take a week off to put my thoughts together. I am going to try a Natural Hormonal Enhancement diet as I just started about it so I will make a new journal this week and start the diet and excercises next week. I Need help from some experienced people that did this type of diet. I am in the process of reading some journal right now but if anybody likes to add, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Never done the diet but I did read the book. Looking forward to reading about your progress on the NHE diet. Sounds like a solid diet IMO.