PDA

View Full Version : sugars and glucagon

PaulB
01-25-2003, 02:39 PM
the less sugar i have the less insulin my body makes the more glucagon ill have in my system the more fat ill lose. is that right then?

so that wipes out all fruits, sodas, and anything else that might taste good right?

also if i get 90% of my calories from protein (lets just say this is feasable) 5% from carbs and 5% from fat, my glucagon levels will be super high and ill keep most of my muslce tissue while cutting.
also i think the good fats increase glucagon levels too. help me out here, i can keep a strict routine and diet thats no problem, but finding one thatll work fast since im impatient is.

so daily diet =

PB&J with sugar free jelly- breakfast
2 eggs hardboiled and a can of tuna- lunch
can of tuna- super
can of tuna- before bed
4 glasses of skim milk throughout the day

that comes out to be around 1500 calories 20g fat and 240g protein (all estimated, since that webpage i use to track my intake is down :confused: )

average calories burned per day is around 3500 since i workout everyday.

so if i do this for a few weeks, i should be able to lose alot of fat really fast and keep all 12 pounds of muscle that i do have.

please reply if i wrote anything wrong, i been reading websites all day trying to figure this stuff out, but i dont know if im going at it wrong.

NateDogg
01-25-2003, 02:53 PM
How much do you weigh again? Unless those glasses of skim milke are absolutely huge, you have nowhere near 240 grams of protein there. Closer to 150.

AJ_11
01-25-2003, 03:01 PM
I would have another look at your diet. Really you can lose weight in a much more healtier means. I don't even know where to begin. Even with 3grams of protein per body weight and a diet like that you are first of all feel like sh!t and secondly lose Lean Muscle Mass. Your theories seem a liitle off.

A proper diet is key to a healthy lifestyle and keeping the weight off. Drop the weight slowly. In the end you will look and feel a lot better.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Paul, you seem very confused.

Firstly, you're not eating enough food.

Secondly, i seriously doubt you burn that many calories a day.

90%protein, 5% carbs, 5% fat is just stupid.

Set protein at about 1g per lb of bodyweight.

Set fat at about 30% of calories.

Set your overall calories at about 12kcals per lb. With your 1lb of pro and 30% fat, make the remainder of food up with carbs (takig note of any etra fat/pro from the carb sources).

Assess your weight changes week by week (or at elast every 2 weeks) and increase or decrease the calories to ensure a good lose of 0.5-1.5lbs a week. Anything more and increase calories. Anything less and reduce calories. But only slightly on both accounts.

AJ_11
01-25-2003, 03:19 PM
I am sorry for coming out rater harsh in my thread. But I agree with The Chicken Daddy. You will reap the benefits long term with a proper diet.

bradley
01-25-2003, 04:18 PM
Don't worry so much about insulin and glucagon, instead concentrate on eating a balanced diet with suffecient calories. The Chicken Daddy's advice is a great place to start.

I would concentrate on good clean foods and low GI carbs and plenty of EFA's. Don't forget about the adequate protein (1g per lb. of bw as previously mentioned). Keep asking questions as there are many people on the boards willing to help.

HANSEL
01-28-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

90%protein, 5% carbs, 5% fat is just stupid.

Set fat at about 30% of calories.

BWx12

Your burning all your Protein for energy, Thats EXPENSIVE.
Get alot more good fat, and follow Chicken Daddy's direction and you will have better gains, feel better, your T levels wont drop, and your joints will hold up against your Daily workouts (depending on what your doing, not a good idea.)
Take cAre

Berserker
01-28-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by PaulB
so that wipes out all fruits, sodas, and anything else that might taste good right?

I'd rather have a steak then snickers.
But seriously all these people are correct. For me I use my own eating for dummies. First off a good clean diet will do wonders for you. You'll probably lose weight from that, with exercise. I only count protein. All my meals center around protein. Don't binge on the carbs. I don't count cals. But I am also a creature of habit, my normal diet maintains me well, so when I wanted to gain weight I just added a little more.
The other posts were better then this approach, I am jsut giving a simple way so its easier to follow and more likely to keep on track. That is lay off junk and ceneter your meals around protein.
If you have alot to lose or that doesn't work then your gonna have to analyze your diet better.

Also 90% protein I think is to much.