PDA

View Full Version : NHE Diet: What supps do you have to take?

Moose
01-25-2003, 04:59 PM
I ordered the NHE book today.......for the informational aspect of it. But I'm wondering what supplements you are supposed to take while on this diet. From searching......I've read alot about the diet and training requirements/suggestions.......but not much about what supps are required/suggested.

the doc
01-25-2003, 05:54 PM
supps i used
creatine
glutamine
multi-vit
ALA
protein powder

the doc
01-25-2003, 05:59 PM
i forgot flax oil

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-25-2003, 06:22 PM
After a good multi-vit/multi-mineral, the choice is yours really.

The good oil shouldn't really be classed as supplemental cause it's kinda part of the diet itself. but i' not one to argue with the Doc :)

When i was cutting using the diet though, i was using the occasional EC and tyrosine.

Moose
01-25-2003, 07:35 PM
Does he talk about it in his book?

Also......is cardio crucial to this diet? I'm sure it is.....just asking...

the doc
01-25-2003, 07:42 PM
chigs is right, the flax oil and protein powder are more like psuedo-supps.

no cardio is not crucial to the diet, although i think it is important to overall health

Moose
01-25-2003, 08:27 PM
hmmmm......I've been doing a 4 day split (Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri) of WBB 1 Routine.......and I play basketball every Sunday morning.......I'm wondering how this diet would fit (what I'd have to adjust) with my current schedule......can't wait to get the book.

Moose
01-25-2003, 11:00 PM
Ok....Question....

I've been reading some of the journals of people who went on NHE........I thought the book recommends that a carb-up day consists of 100g of carbs for your final 2 meals, with MINIMAL protein and fat.......yet in MonStar's journal.....this is one of his carb-up meals...

"2300 calories, 110g protein, 400g carbs, 29g fat"

I did order the book....but I probably won't get it for a little while........and would like to know the correct answer..

bradley
01-26-2003, 04:20 AM
I've been reading some of the journals of people who went on NHE........I thought the book recommends that a carb-up day consists of 100g of carbs for your final 2 meals, with MINIMAL protein and fat.......yet in MonStar's journal.....this is one of his carb-up meals...

In the book it recommends splitting up the carb load meals between the last two meals of the day and having >100g carbs at each meal while keeping fat and protein under 20g.

hmmmm......I've been doing a 4 day split (Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri) of WBB 1 Routine.......and I play basketball every Sunday morning.......I'm wondering how this diet would fit (what I'd have to adjust) with my current schedule......can't wait to get the book.

I would think you would still be able to train 4 days per week, but if you find yourself getting tired or losing intensity in the gym then I would drop it down to three, and maybe perform a little cardio on off days.

the doc
01-26-2003, 08:26 AM
yes monstar was already quite lean (despite his contention) and he was able to get away with higher fat consumption. I myself like the smaller more frequent carb loads due to the bloating and gas that comes from these huge meals