PDA

View Full Version : Not Losing Weight Anymore :(

ws6ta
01-26-2003, 01:39 AM
I'm trying to get big and lose weight at the same time......ie..get the arms bigger lose the gut and the bitch tits . An example of my diet would go like this: (oh ya and I do cardio 6 days a week in the morning empty stomach 30 mins at 6 mph)

wake up 9 am take eph stack
start cardio around 10 finish around 10:30
drink glutamine with 2 glasses of water when I finish the cardio with a multivitamin
11:30 meal one of whey protein shake 30 grams protein with 5 grams creatine and 500mg ala

1:30 meal 2 1 can tuna, flax seed oil, omega 3 and 6 capsule, 1 glass celery juice

3:30 meal 3 1 tomatoe, 1 cucumber, carrots

5:30 meal 4 1 chicken breast

6:30 take eph stack

7:00 lift weights

8:00 30 gram whey protein with creatine 5 grams and 500mg ala

sometimes around 10 one more chicken breast if i get real hungry or maybe 2-3 fat free chicken weiners

1:00 am drink gluatmine with omega 3 and 6 pill

I drink water throughout the day. Let me know what I need to change! I mix my protein with 250 ml skim milk becuase I can not down it with water unfortunately .

I forgot to mention: I am sitting at 180 lbs right now at 5'7 and 36 inch waist........down from last year when I was 220-225 lbs 5'7 with a 44 inch waist

I do get a little carried away on saturdays......eat a full large pizza and have mcdonalds and chips and stuff through out the day like a complete idiot but should I still be losing weight?

BTW my waist size hasnt' moved either .

bradley
01-26-2003, 04:35 AM
I'm trying to get big and lose weight at the same time......ie..get the arms bigger lose the gut and the bitch tits . An example of my diet would go like this: (oh ya and I do cardio 6 days a week in the morning empty stomach 30 mins at 6 mph)

First off it is going to be tough to gain LBM and lose bf at the same time unless you are new to training or on some type of AAS. I would recommend concentrating on one goal.

wake up 9 am take eph stack
start cardio around 10 finish around 10:30
drink glutamine with 2 glasses of water when I finish the cardio with a multivitamin
11:30 meal one of whey protein shake 30 grams protein with 5 grams creatine and 500mg ala

I would consume my first whole food meal after performing cardio, or you could take a protein shake along with some carbs. Either way you need to eat more at this meal. As it stands right now I don't see any need in taking the ALA, as I would save it for higher carb meals.

I think you need to eat more food. Try to have a little of each macronutrient with each meal. One of the reasons that your weight loss might have halted is because of the fact that your body is probably going into starvation mode. At 180 lbs I would recommend about 200 calories a day and you may have to adjust thatuntil you are losing about a pound a week.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-26-2003, 08:13 AM
Your calories should be around the 2100kcal mark. You're getting nowhere near that.

Devise a diet where you're getting all three macros in each meal and your daily tally is coming to that amount of calories.

ws6ta
01-26-2003, 12:13 PM
I feel extremely full the entire day with how much I am eating right now. Also should I throw in bread and stuff? Should the creatine be taken out then? I am new to lifting weights and stuff. I used to just do a little before now I'm totally concentrating on lifting but I defenetly don't want to keep all this fat on me.

_-_v_-_
01-26-2003, 12:42 PM
Do HIIT training.

Cardio six days a week seems excessive.

_-_v_-_
01-26-2003, 12:43 PM
That diet can't have more than 600 calories in it, methinks.

Eat. More.

ws6ta
01-26-2003, 06:02 PM
I'm starting to eat a lot more now but i feel so full kinda feels weird.

meal 1 11:30 protein shake with creatine
meal 2 12:30 1 can tuna
meal 3 3:00 1 chicken breast
meal 4 4:00 1/2 chicken breast
meal 5 5:00 5 egg whites
meal 6 6:00 full cucumber
meal 7 8:00 protein shake
meal 8 9:00 subway foot long ham and cheese

is what I am doing today

_-_v_-_
01-26-2003, 06:17 PM
Aside from the last meal, you are eating no carbs and no fat.

Bad, bad idea (particularly the fat part).

Budiak
01-26-2003, 08:53 PM
The ala at the same time as creatine is a good idea, it is said to increase mobility of the creatine to muscles.

And they're right about not eating enough, as in you aren't. At 3:30, eat some protein. a tomato, cucumber, and ****stick is barely enough to eat as it is.

ws6ta
01-27-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by _-_v_-_
Aside from the last meal, you are eating no carbs and no fat.

Bad, bad idea (particularly the fat part).

What kind of fats shoudl I add in. I thought the tablespoon of olive oil used to cook my chicken breast, and 1 teaspoon of flax seed would be good enough for the fats.

bradley
01-27-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by ws6ta

What kind of fats shoudl I add in. I thought the tablespoon of olive oil used to cook my chicken breast, and 1 teaspoon of flax seed would be good enough for the fats.

Olive oil and flax oil are good fats to add in and you might want to add natural peanut butter. You should be getting about 25-30% of your daily calories from fat.

EDIT: Salmon is also an excellent source of fat as well as protein.

ws6ta
01-27-2003, 12:47 PM
I ate baked fish sticks today.....that has lots of fat!

bradley
01-27-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by ws6ta
I ate baked fish sticks today.....that has lots of fat!

When I say fat that means preferably from essential fatty acids. I would try and stay away from trans fats and saturated fats. Although you will have some saturated fat in your diet I try to keep it low.

ws6ta
01-27-2003, 10:38 PM
how do i know what are essential fatty acids and what the other ones are. what does cheese have in it? kraft singles? etc.

bradley
01-28-2003, 03:06 AM
might try running a search on essential fatty acids.

Good sources:
flax oil, natty pb, fish oil, nuts, etc

There are many more but these are a good place to start. Kraft singles would be mostly saturated. Some nutrition labels have the fats broken down but most do not.

ws6ta
01-28-2003, 10:42 AM
**** better cut the kraft singles out then!!