PDA

View Full Version : what are the benefits of cottage cheese?

Focused
01-26-2003, 09:10 AM
i see alot of people discussing how good cottage cheese is..What is so beneficial about it?

Bryan
01-26-2003, 09:52 AM
excellent macro breakdown, tastes great(at least I think so =P) and its slow digesting so you can eat it before sleep and it supplies your body with some nighttime protien!

thehawk
01-26-2003, 11:03 AM
yeah it has high amounts of caseina and whey so you get both the anti-catabolic and protein synthesis-inducing benefits of these two sources of protein. ALso it has a very high bcaa amount especially leucine, which has a strong impact on fueling workouts (as bcaa's are the first aminos to be converted to glucose for high-intensity exercise), prevent muscle tissue breakdown, and promoting tissue repair. It also contains cla to a certain degree, which has nutrient-partioning effects. and well as immune-system bolstering benefits.

Silverback
01-26-2003, 11:27 AM
Its good because not only is it slow digesting but it is low in carbs and fat making it ideal for the bodybuilding diet whether cutting or bulking, e.g. add nuts, flax etc... as part of a bulking plan or just plain when cutting.

Focused
01-26-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Bryan
excellent macro breakdown, tastes great(at least I think so =P) and its slow digesting so you can eat it before sleep and it supplies your body with some nighttime protien!

how many g's of protein is that packing?

how much should i eat every night?

bradley
01-27-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Focused

how many g's of protein is that packing?

how much should i eat every night?

I would say anywhere from a .5-1 cup and maybe add some flax oil. The link below is for 2% milk fat cottage cheese and a 1 cup serving.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/list_nut.pl

Berserker
01-27-2003, 01:54 PM
the stuff I get is 1/2 cup 13g of protein.