PDA

View Full Version : Losing the gut, frustrating....

Main Event
01-26-2003, 04:24 PM
I'm trying to lose the gut that I have always had in the past. I was thinking of cutting out rice all together and just eating meats with veggies from now on. Here is some ideas I have put together.

1. Cut out all rice/potato combinations, no sodas, no juices (only weekends) and drink nothing but water in the week, if I drink tea I drink it with Extra sugar free sugar (Sweet n Low)

2. Become a Vegetarian.

3. Cut out all Jamacian reciepes, only eat brown rice, chicken, supps, water, eggs.

4. Give up and become a fat ass.

Also, I tend to buy chicken with the fat on them, should I stop this and buy skinless chicken only?

Thanks in advance peeps.

LouFerrignosEar
01-26-2003, 04:36 PM
Do everything except number 2 and 4.

NotSoBig
01-26-2003, 04:40 PM
LOL.

Looks like we are in the same boat. I am doing HIIT (Cardio training) 5 times a week, and have changed my diet completely.

I used to eat fast food and drink soda and other crap all day. Now i am packing my body with protein, and working on a good stable diet.

I just started the cutting phase so no real results yet. Hopefully ill be posting some pictures soon though. :)

Main Event
01-26-2003, 06:52 PM
Notsobig, I'm with you dude, keep me posted on your results and I'll do the same.

Budiak
01-26-2003, 08:48 PM
You work out with weights, right?

NotSoBig
01-26-2003, 09:32 PM
I do yes :) Forgot to mention that lol.

Currently doing the WBB1 Routine. Check into it Main Event.

GIS
01-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Sounds like a good plan by cutting out the foods that you mentioned.

Keep reading the threads in the forums and make sure to check out the articles section of wannabebig.com.

As for you comment about skinless chicken... you can trim the fat and skin off of the regular meat cuts rather than buy the skinless if you're looking to save some cash.

bradley
01-27-2003, 02:52 AM
I agree with the above post, don't do #'s 2 or 4. You can eat carbs just make sure that you have counted them toward your daily caloric total. I would suggest low GI carbs like oats, brown rice, sweet potatoes, veggies, lentils, etc.

GuitarPlayer
01-27-2003, 09:28 AM
i definitely say they are all important (not #4), ESPECIALLY #2. becoming a vegetarian is the best way to lose weight. you can eat anything vegetarian all day and still lose weight, if you are a carnivore.

this does not mean you eat nothing but french fries and bread and baked potatoes. you still have to balance your diet, with more green vegetables, more cauliflower and broccoli type leafy vegetables, whole wheat, lentils, legumes, and so on.

trust me on this, it is so easy to lose weight (good weight, mind you) on a vegetarian diet, that the only reason people don't do it is because they are too lazy to plan out their food. in addition to losing weight, if you eat a balanced veggie diet your cholesterol will plummet and you will feel better. the health benefits will astound you. just try it out for a few weeks. see if you don't lose weight.

restless
01-27-2003, 09:32 AM
Guitarplayer, are you joking?

I sure hope so.

Main Event
01-27-2003, 11:25 AM
Bradley, I know about good carbs but is it possible to overeat of good carbs? People tell me that I eat to much brown rice when I fix a plate, should I limit my rice intake to 1 cup per serving.

When I eat rice, the rice overflows one side of the plate.

GuitarPlayer, good idea I will try this soon. I eat lots of grillers (soy protien burgers) and lots of beans and veggies. I will try it out dude and with the protein shakes I should'nt lose that much muscle.

Thanks.

Mik
01-27-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by GuitarPlayer

trust me on this, it is so easy to lose weight (good weight, mind you) on a vegetarian diet, that the only reason people don't do it is because they are too lazy to plan out their food. in addition to losing weight, if you eat a balanced veggie diet your cholesterol will plummet and you will feel better. the health benefits will astound you. just try it out for a few weeks. see if you don't lose weight.

Would you mind expanding on this please(assuming you are serious).

Berserker
01-27-2003, 01:59 PM
Becoming a vegiterian and lifting weights is hard road. Theres not to many successful vegitarians. If you just want to lose weight choose low fat meat. I think its more important to control the other aspects of your diet.
As far as chicken and fat, the skin pulls right off after you cook it.

bradley
01-27-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Main Event
Bradley, I know about good carbs but is it possible to overeat of good carbs? People tell me that I eat to much brown rice when I fix a plate, should I limit my rice intake to 1 cup per serving.

Yes it is possible to overeat on low GI carbs, but it is possible to overeat on anything. You must take into consideration how many calories you are eating and how these calories will count toward your daily total. Try counting calories for a day or two and see how many you are taking in. If you are not losing cut calories by 200-300 each week until you are losing about a pound a week. I would say more than this and you are at risk of losing LBM.

As far as becoming a vegan you must be very meticulous with your diet because if you are not you will probably be missing out on protein that your body needs to build/maintain muscle.

Focused
01-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Main Event
I'm trying to lose the gut that I have always had in the past.

how big is youre "gut" exactly...how much do you weigh?

Main Event
01-31-2003, 07:05 AM
5'11 190.

My arms are skinny and alot of weight goes to the gut.

Davy
02-03-2003, 02:20 AM
I feel ya dude , had this also before a started lifting more then 1 year ago

Now practicly everything is gone , just small gut , lot of skin tough with still some fat , its hard to become flat but dont give up.

Keep your diet good , do cardio after every workout , lift good etc and i think everything will come in place , dont look for it at a short time , but look at it long term and you will be fine.

Its hard but keep , thumbs up for you and good luck.

GonePostal
02-03-2003, 03:12 AM
Most important thing to do when trying to lose fat. EAT less then you burn. So caloric deficit. It is much easier IMO to eat less and go into caloric deficit then eat more an exercise to make the difference. But then again what do I know =)