PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Ckd

sebaztiant
01-27-2003, 06:35 PM
AFTER 9 DAYS OF CARB OFF I DID THE CARB UP DAYAND I GAIN 4 POUNDS, SO THIS DIET IS NOT FOR ME, I'LL CONTINUE WITH THE ATKINS DIET, ANYONE HAS HAPPENED THE SAME AS ME?

Bryan
01-27-2003, 06:55 PM
thats normal mate, that your bodying supplying your muscles with energy + water. its all good, weight is a horrible way to measure you progress while on ckd, measure your waist line its the best way to track yourself

Blood&Iron
01-27-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by sebaztiant
AFTER 9 DAYS OF CARB OFF I DID THE CARB UP DAYAND I GAIN 4 POUNDS, SO THIS DIET IS NOT FOR ME, I'LL CONTINUE WITH THE ATKINS DIET, ANYONE HAS HAPPENED THE SAME AS ME?
It's just muscle glycogen, provided you kept fat minimal during the refeed. Even if you didn't keep the fat down, you certainly wouldn't gain 4 'real' lbs of weight--anymore than you lost 5-10lbs of 'real' weight when you began the diet. Don't worry about it.

BTW, my weight goes up by nearly 10lbs after a refeed/carb-up.

TiGeR AK
01-28-2003, 09:28 PM
so for all the people who have done CKD for an extended period of time... do u feel that it works well in burning off the fat even with the carb up days? and also... wut is your carb off/carb up schedule like?

HANSEL
01-30-2003, 09:10 AM
Tiger AK,
I would drop down to say, 155 day before carb up, then carb up, by the next day before the carbup, I would be like 152, and so on.

sebaztiont,
thats what ckd is man, carb up=hold water= goes away in a day or two with more actual fat lossed. You shouldnt even be dieting if your gonna give up on something that quick, weak. It works, you just havent had any patience with it at all.

What did you expect? to Carb up, then the very next morning wake up ripped and weigh less? Yhe day after a carb up always invloves some bloating and for some feeling lethargic. Its the day/days before your next carb up that youll see the progress your making.

sebaztiant
01-30-2003, 12:21 PM
I REALLY UNDESTAND IT NOW , I LOST THOSE PDS AND 2 MORE SO I'LL STICK TO THIS PROGRAM, THANKS

IceRgrrl
01-30-2003, 12:41 PM
sebasztiant, PLEASE turn off your caps lock...your post appear to be "shouting" at everyone...kind of an internet faux pas...

Maki Riddington
01-30-2003, 01:14 PM
Blood, you gain 10 pounds after a carb up? Holy moly.
For me it's like 5 at the very most, and that's pushing it.

Blood&Iron
01-30-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
Blood, you gain 10 pounds after a carb up? Holy moly.
For me it's like 5 at the very most, and that's pushing it.
How many carbs are you downing?

I average 1000-1300g of them within 24-30 hours (plus several gallons of water). Hey, presto, 10lbs!

Maki Riddington
01-30-2003, 07:36 PM
I'm taking in anywhere from 500-700 grams in 24 hours.
Now I can se why.