PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please nutrition gurus.

El Kelio
01-29-2003, 11:48 AM
Here's my story:
I have been training for almost 9 years, where i have reach a great amount of muscle mass ( In 1993 i weighted 135 Lbs), but fat as well for my growing porpouses. My weight in December of 2001 was 240, and i went on a strict diet and by December of 2002 i was in 200. Of course i lost fat and muscle.

This year, i'm planning to train like never before and eat as healthy as my wallet lets me.

Here's my daily diet :

Morning

7:00 am
Training

8:30 am
5 eggs whites with turkey sausages
glass of orange juice
Milk with oatmeal
Multivitamins, E and C

11:30 am
Mid Morning
2 Cans of Tuna with avocado and light mayonaisse

3:00 pm
Afternoon
1 Piece of fish with vegetables

7:00 pm
3 pieces of skinless chicken breasts

10:00 pm
Whey protein shake

Around 1 gallon of water all day.

My training split is :
5 days on
1 off

Need advices, thank you very much. :cool:

NateDogg
01-29-2003, 11:51 AM
<<<<<<<<<<<< is not a diet guru, but...

I suggest you eat something before you train in the morning. Or at least right after you train, not 1.5 hours later.

bradley
01-29-2003, 12:01 PM
What are your current goals?

El Kelio
01-29-2003, 12:03 PM
Well, i finish training by 8:00, get a shower and ready for the first meal. That's why.

By the way, my goal is to gain that lost muscle and not the fat.

MrWebb78
01-29-2003, 04:59 PM
you really should eat before the gym. you have to fuel your muscles to get ready for that work, or else youll probably burn out and not get optimum results from your workout. and you should slam a protein/carb drink right after the workout while your muscles are ready to soak up whatever they can.

bradley
01-29-2003, 05:29 PM
I would say drink a protein shake along with some carbs beofe working out and then another protein shake with some simple carbs postworkout.

I would probably get rid of the sausage and eat some whole eggs instead of just the whites. Maybe 2or3 whole eggs. I would eat some cottage cheese or something that was slower digesting for your last meal of the day because whey will digest very rapidly. Might want to add some more fat in your diet. I would recommend 25-30% of daily cals from fat. To be honest that really doesn't look like enough food for you to gain weight if you are 200lbs. About how many cals does that come out to?

El Kelio
01-30-2003, 10:46 AM
So i should drink my protein shake about 6:30 am, and maybe have some cottage cheese with diet jam as the last meal of the day ?

NateDogg
01-30-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by El Kelio
So i should drink my protein shake about 6:30 am, and maybe have some cottage cheese with diet jam as the last meal of the day ?

Sounds like a good idea to me.