PDA

View Full Version : Water

jmacknd74
01-29-2003, 05:26 PM
I'm 14 and I've been weightlifting for a while. I've been eating a high protein diet, and I heard that if you eat a lot of protein it could be bad for your liver and the article said that you should drink a lot of water. I was wondering if it mattered if I drank stuff like orange juice or cranberry juice instead, but still keep water in my diet. Thanks

Biff Tannen
01-29-2003, 05:56 PM
A lot of the juices are "basically" sugar water. I would keep the juice to a minimum. Water is good, I would stick with that. Or get into some Gatorade or something...

bradley
01-30-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by jmacknd74
I'm 14 and I've been weightlifting for a while. I've been eating a high protein diet, and I heard that if you eat a lot of protein it could be bad for your liver and the article said that you should drink a lot of water. I was wondering if it mattered if I drank stuff like orange juice or cranberry juice instead, but still keep water in my diet. Thanks

The high protein diet will not hurt you, and as Biff Tannen said most of the fruit juices on the market are produced from concentrate. I would say that if you insist on drinking fruit juice make sure it is 100% natural. Try and drink water throughout the day and maybe have at least a glass with every meal.

BUFF STUFF
01-30-2003, 05:04 PM
Milk is Protien enriched and Hydrates you

The best of both