PDA

View Full Version : Help me lose 25 pounds in 3 months

The Icon27
01-29-2003, 09:17 PM
I want to lose 25-30 pounds in about 3 months. I am about 6'3" and weigh about 250 pounds now and I would estimate I am around 20% BF...but that is just a guess but it is probably close to that. I have always been semi-lean and never fat but never been really "ripped" either probably because my diet has never been very "clean." I just made sure I got at least 200-250 g's of prots a day and didn't care if it came from lots of fried foods, fats, and carbs.

I have a great build with nice wide shoulders, good chest and v-shaped back, good quads and calfs...I don't really have a "weak-spot" on my body. This is why I think I could look really great if I just lost some body-fat. I am also going to begin doing cardio 3 times a week as I have never done cardio consistently. Anyways here is my plan of my new diet and give me some suggestions and maybe some suggestions on food that I can eat that is good for cutting...thanks!

6:00 - Shredded Wheat w/ 2 cups milk
4 egg whites
~600 calories and 42 prots

9:00 - Detour protein bar
290 calories and 32 prots

12:00 - turkey sandwich on wheat bread w/cheese
2 cups of milk
~700 calories and 50 prots

3:00 - MRP w/ water
270 calories and 42 prots

4:00 train

6:00 - chicken or steak w/ green beans and 2 cups milk
~700 cal and 60 prots

9:00 - 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
180 cal and 26 prots

daily total: ~2740 cal and ~252 prots

Give me some input...I want to start this in a month (I wanna try to bench 375 first though!!!) and want to have my crap together so I know what I am doing before I start so I don't lose a bunch of muscle.

raniali
01-29-2003, 11:16 PM
where is the fat?
pleez don't think that dropping fat means dropping fat from your diet. you need your fish oils, flax oils, olive oil, nuts or pnut butter in here.
additionally, i would probably save the mrp for my immediate post-training meal instead of before. maybe move a higher carb meal before your training with the mrp after.
also -- at 250, 2700 cals on a training day isn't all that much. i am 170-ish and consume that much myself. but you know your body and metabolic needs better than i do.

N4cer
01-29-2003, 11:27 PM
You're trying to LOSE, right? Get rid of the shredded wheat. Wheat is high GI, and shredded makes it even higher.

bradley
01-30-2003, 04:18 AM
I would say add in a few yolks with those egg whites and go with oatmeal instead of shredded wheat, and go with more fat. I would say about 30% of daily calories should come from fat (preferably EFA's). Also would include some kind of postworkout shake or meal that included protein and carbohydrates which will help in restoring muscle glycogen.

The Icon27
01-30-2003, 11:30 AM
Cool, thanks! I will use your advice. Oatmeal it is in the morning and I will add a some more fat with a couple egg yolks and some peanut butter and oils. I was wondering if that would be enough fat or not plus this will boost my calories to about 3000 a day which is probably better for my size.

Is 3 times a week good for cardio or do you think I need to do more? I want to lose the weight slowly and try to preserve as much muscle as possible...

thanks for the replies, keep training hard.

Raildog
01-30-2003, 11:48 AM
I would suggest doing cardio five days if you can afford the time and a little longer that 30 minutes unless it's HITT type(maybe 40-45mins). Looks like your food selection is pretty good as long as milk and cheese is low or nonfat. 15-20% fats of total calories would be a good number, maybe 30-40% protein 40% carbs, (40-40-20)ratio, and I'd replace the protein bar with real food or a shake if you have to. Bars are too processed imo...shredded wheat is one of the best processed cereals you could get since you like cereal.

Good luck to ya.

Raildog

bradley
01-30-2003, 12:40 PM
I would go with 3 days of cardio on off days. You can try HIIT for shorter duration or go with longer moderate intensity sessions.