PDA

View Full Version : Boxing/Lifting Diet Concerns

townes
01-30-2003, 01:26 PM
I'm 6'3 187 pounds. Probably around 17% Body Fat (Margianlly Higher than Normal).
My biggest priority is to lower my body fat down to 12%. But I don't want to lose any weight (gaining a few pounds LBM wouldn't hurt.. but I'll settle for Maintenance).

It should be easy to do, since I Spar/Train at a boxing gym 2 to 3 times a week for an Hour, Plus I have Lift 2 to 3 times a week too. My problem is that I am confused by all the Diet Choices. I feel that Pure Low-Carb is shortchanging my muscle growth, yet I worry that a CKD would force me to lighten up on the Boxing (by its nature anerobic), something I would hate to do.

I'm extremely disciplined and motivated and can adhere to any diet. I only lack knowledge. Any Advice?

Again, with my diet habits, and lifestyle this should be a cakewalk, I just need a plan. What to eat? What to Eat Before and After Boxing? What to Eat Before and After Weight Lifting?

Sean

P.S. I had posted this in the Training Section a couple of days ago. Sorry for the Double Posting

bradley
01-30-2003, 04:17 PM
I would say go with a good balanced macro ratio. The low carb diet would probably make your sparring sessions suffer. I would say start out at your maintenance cals and slowly lower them each week by 200-300 until you are losing about a pound a week. Any more than that and you might be sacrificing lean body mass. Maybe something like a 40/30/30 (p/c/f). What do your diet look like now?