View Full Version : It's NOW, or NEVER!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BennettBoy
02-02-2003, 01:43 PM
"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?"
EMINEM....Lose Yourself

The time is NOW! From the time I first started lifting weights and seeing some results in the mirror, I have dreamed of competing. Don't ask me why? I realize not many at my age would consider such a thing. But for me......It's NOW or NEVER.

This is my new journal that will detail my 16 weeks of contest preparation. The show I am doing is the NPC SC State Show in Columbia, SC on May 31. In this journal I plan to detail as much as possible about my training, eating, posing, and practicing to get ready for this big day! I welcome comments and advice from anyone that wants to contribute to this journal. I certainly have alot to learn.

I'm not as big as I need to be, my legs are a tad behind my upper body development, I have no experience in posing or putting together posing routines, and I'm basically scared to death of making a fool out of myself on stage.....BUT I am going to do it anyway.

[Chorus:]
"You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo"
EMINEM....Lose Yourself

This is MY one chance.

This is one dream I am going to realize.

Mik
02-02-2003, 01:50 PM
Craig, let me be the first to post in your new journal. We're all behind you bro!

Oh yeah, what's a new journal without some :spam:

Frozenmoses
02-02-2003, 01:52 PM
Kick some ass, man. You've got all of WBB behind ya'.

MonStar
02-02-2003, 01:53 PM
Agree with FM, you have all of WBB to support you BB. Good luck with all of your goals.

NateDogg
02-02-2003, 01:57 PM
:spam:

*Reads sig*

*Reads journal intro*

*Reads sig*

*Reads journal intro*

:D

BennettBoy
02-02-2003, 01:57 PM
My pre-contest diet starts Monday, Feb. 3. Even though this is 16 weeks out from competition, I want to take my diet as slowly as possible so that I can try to maintain as much LBM as possible naturally. Hopefully this will also give me enough time to compensate for mistakes I am sure I will make in my diet as well.

I have decided to just stick with a basic diet and slowly cut calories over time. My macronutrient breakdown is going be very close to 50% Protein, 30% Carbs, and 20% fat. The first week I am going to be aiming for 3000 calories. Since I've been getting somewhere close to 3200 daily this will be a good figure to start with I think. And I will cut back from this amount slowly over time.

I begin my diet at 184 lbs. and a bodyfat of 11.86. I had this checked last week and here are the results:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skin-Fold Measurements (6 point test)

Pectoral (chest) : 5 x .1403 = .7015
Triceps : 6 x .1524 = .9144
Subscapular (back) : 11.83 x .0746 = .8825
Suprailiac (hip) : 12.167 x .1602 = 1.9492
Umbilicus (stomach) : 20 x .1524 = 3.0480
Thigh : 12 x .1020 = 1.224

Sum = 8.7196
+ 3.14
= 11.86%

Weight in boxer briefs = 184
Fat Weight = 22
LBM = 162

Projected Weights:

176 = 8%
172.5 = 6%
171 = 5%

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope to get down to sub 5%, so I'm guessing my weight will be in the upper 160's when I step on stage. That will put me in the middleweight division. I think I will compete in the Men's Junior rather than the Men's Novice. I think I'm ruling out Men's Open since this is the largest show in the state annually and I doubt I have the polish to compete with folks who do this regularly. I will try to have 12 week out pics, 8 week out pics, 4 week out pics and maybe a few a couple days before the show.

BennettBoy
02-02-2003, 02:13 PM
This is my diet for the first couple weeks anyway.

Meal 1
Ultramet MRP
1/2 cup oats
2 Tbsp Natural peanut butter
(625 cals = 54 grams protein, 56 grams carbs, 21 grams fat)

Meal 2
4 slices turkey
6 egg whites
1 cup green beans
(192 cals = 39 grams protein, 8 grams carbs, 0 grams fat)

Meal 3
5 oz. grilled chicken
1 cup brown rice
1 cup green beans
(432 cals = 49 grams protein, 42 grams carbs, 7 grams fat)

Meal 4
Detour Bar
(306 cals = 32 grams protein, 22 grams carbs, 10 grams fat)

Meal 5 - Post Workout
Ultramet MRP
Apple
(375 cals = 40 grams protein, 48 grams carbs, 3 grams fat)

Meal 6
5 oz. grilled chicken
1 cup brown rice
1 cup steamed broccoli
(417 cals = 50 grams protein, 38 grams carbs, 7 grams fat)

Meal 7
1/2 Ultramet MRP
1 can tuna w/ pat fat free mayo
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 Tbsp Flax oil
(385 cals = 66 grams protein, 14 grams carbs, 13 grams fat)

Daily Totals
calories = 2882
protein = 330 grams
carbs = 200 grams
fat = 65 grams

These are the supplements I plan to use daily:

Multi-Vitamins
3000 mgs Vitamin C
400 I.U. Vitamin
Ultramet MRP's
Flax Oil
50 mgs. Zinc
Glutamine
Dymetadrine Xtreme
Detour Bars
Optimum Whey - I will add this later in place of MRP's as cals go down.

Pup
02-02-2003, 03:04 PM
Glad you are makin a plan Craig...we all got your back, just stay focused on the end game and you'll do fine.

WillKuenzel
02-02-2003, 06:11 PM
Just want to say good luck with it man! You've got the dedication and determination to do an awesome job. Just holler if you ever need anybody to kick your ass when you're feeling slack. (though I know that'll never happen!!)

carolinagirl
02-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Good for you! I'm looking forward to reading all the details of your trials and tribulations up to the contest.

Which show are you doing?

BCC
02-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Good luck getting ready!

JustinF
02-02-2003, 06:26 PM
Good luck bro. I never posted in your old journal, but I followed it. Kick ass bro!!:strong:

BennettBoy
02-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Thanks everyone for the encouragment. It means alot.

kAiXuan
02-02-2003, 07:10 PM
stay strict :thumbup:

Franjipani
02-03-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by BennettBoy
The time is NOW! From the time I first started lifting weights and seeing some results in the mirror, I have dreamed of competing.......This is MY one chance. This is one dream I am going to realize.

:clap:

You truly are an inspiration Bennett !!! Your dedication, committment and focus are OUTSTANDING....

Following your dreams is the juice of life....you have the momentum to follow through and we are all here for you:D

Shankerr
02-03-2003, 05:46 AM
God luck mate...

soooooo....... I can't help but notice that its Monday, Feb. 3, 2003. ie. the day you start on your cut.. hehe so get at it!

j/k

Shankerr
02-03-2003, 05:47 AM
I am sure you'll see more snappy posts like the one above. DOn't forget, I told you I was gonna be drill seargent!

BennettBoy
02-03-2003, 05:53 AM
That cool Shane. I need all the support I can get LOL.

BennettBoy
02-03-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Franjipani

:clap:

You truly are an inspiration Bennett !!! Your dedication, committment and focus are OUTSTANDING....

Following your dreams is the juice of life....you have the momentum to follow through and we are all here for you:D

Check back in a few weeks and I'll know more about my focus LOL.....:D

One thing I have learned from you and want to try to apply alot more to my life is chasing your dreams. After reading your journal and seeing how fulfilled your life is as a result of living your dreams, I'd be a fool not to give it a shot myself. I never believed we were put on this Earth to live as miserably as most folks live. I love life, and like you, I believe I am the only one to blame when things aren't the way I want them to be. Kudos to Franji. :cool:

ericg
02-03-2003, 06:43 AM
Good luck Craig. Diet looks pretty good man. Just keep up the hard work and the sub 5% is yours in no time.

Workhorse
02-03-2003, 07:28 AM
Good luck Craig!! We're all here to support ya!!! Go get 'em tiger!! :D

Relentless
02-03-2003, 08:08 AM
I believe you can make it happen, brother.
You have my support.

EVERY OTHER
02-03-2003, 08:20 AM
You have my encouragement and support!

Shankerr
02-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Did I meantion that you have my support... oh yeah, I already said that...:spam:

BennettBoy
02-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Thanks everyone. Support from the great people that are apart of WBB is not only very much appreciated, but I know it is sincere too. This has to be the best community of people on any forum on the internet.....PERIOD. I feel very lucky to have found this site.

BennettBoy
02-03-2003, 04:26 PM
Monday, Feb. 3, 2003
CHEST

Incline DB Presses - 50 x 10 (warmup), 75 x 8, 80 x 8, 80 x 7, 70 x 8

This was most definitely not one of my stronger days with DB inclines. I still felt some discomfort in my upper chest so I just decided to pump out some good sets to failure with 80.

Cybex Plate Loaded Bench Press - 180 x 10, 230 x 9, 230 x 8

BAH....all flat benches were taken so I decided I would just use this rather than doing flat DB presses.

Hammer Chest Press - 180 x 8, 270 x 6, 270 x 6

Dips bw x 15 - 2 sets

Good pump :D

I've had stronger days doing chest for sure, but I still felt it was a good workout. I took most every set to failure (not the dips), and got a nice little pump. I like the pump myself....thank you very much. :)

DIET

The diet has been perfect so far except I didn't eat all the brown rice. I may not eat all my carbs tonight either. This seems like ALOT of food today :( And I think I will just have a full Ultramet before sleep tonight rather than the tuna. The more I have thought about having tuna right before bed, the more nauseated I seem to get. :D I will have to make some small adjustments to my diet as I go along, but if anything I will come in under cals most always, rather than over (so that's all good I think).

Water: 8L or more

Sleep: 8.5 hours

Tommorow will be an off day.

Maki Riddington
02-03-2003, 06:41 PM
Oh shiat ya BB!!! I'm with ya man.
I know one thing for sure. when it comes time for me to do a comp I'll make sure to buy a rice cooker and a George Forman grill

WillKuenzel
02-03-2003, 07:48 PM
Tuesday, Feb. 3, 2003 Is this right? What time zone you in?

LOL, Monday's are always bad for chest. That's why I've been doing back on Monday's. The power rack is open for bent over rows and pull-ups (except if there is some guy doing curls in there), and I don't have to worry about finding a bench.

I don't think I could do tuna right before bed either. I'd spend forever trying to get the taste out of my mouth before I could fall asleep.

How's your chest feeling after the workout? Does it still bother you during the rest of the day?

Franjipani
02-04-2003, 05:28 AM
Water: 8L or more[/B]

Crikey, I thought I had the H2O Mojo with 5-6l per day :eek:

Great work on the diet hon :)

BennettBoy
02-04-2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by HomeYield
Is this right? What time zone you in?

LOL, Monday's are always bad for chest. That's why I've been doing back on Monday's. The power rack is open for bent over rows and pull-ups (except if there is some guy doing curls in there), and I don't have to worry about finding a bench.

I don't think I could do tuna right before bed either. I'd spend forever trying to get the taste out of my mouth before I could fall asleep.

How's your chest feeling after the workout? Does it still bother you during the rest of the day?

Will, I'm in Eastern Time Zone...but I never look at that time so I didn't notice anything wrong.

Yeah, I ate so much tuna the first 2 years I trained I just can't even think about it some times. Why I thought I would include it in my diet, I haven't an idea? But my diet went well yesterday. I just didn't eat all my brown rice basically and I had a whole MRP with flax oil before bed rather than 1/2 plus tuna.

My chest feels fine really. It don't hurt during the course of the day and I still just feel a slight twinge sometimes in certain positions. It's fine really....I was probably just weak yesterday.

ericg
02-04-2003, 06:41 AM
Will, I'm in Eastern Time Zone...but I never look at that time so I didn't notice anything wrong.

Look again craig, the day is fuked up! If you keep going at this rate your comp will be here next week.

BennettBoy
02-04-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by ericg

Look again craig, the day is fuked up! If you keep going at this rate your comp will be here next week.

Oops. Corrected.

BennettBoy
02-04-2003, 07:00 PM
OK, here is my diet for the day. I already see after 2 days that I can't follow that EXACT diet I listed at the start of this journal. But it is a great guideline and I am going to be very close with good food selections each meal. I just can't eat the same stuff over and over and yet I thought I could :rolleyes:

I also decided I'm not going to post any pictures right now because I don't look any different from the ones I have posted in my journal recently. I will probably just do 12 week out to start with.

DIET

Meal 1 - Ultramet MRP, 1/2 cup oats, 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
Meal 2 - 5 egg whites, 4 slices turkey, 1 cup green beans
Meal 3 - 6 oz. grilled chicken breast
Meal 4 - Detour Bar
Meal 5 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Ultramet MRP, 1 tsp. flax oil
Meal 6 - 6 oz. eye of round steak, 1/2 cup peas
Meal 7 - Ultramet MRP, 1 Tbsp. natty PB, 1/2 Tbsp. flax oil

Sleep: 8 hours

Water: 8+ liters

Tomorrow the plan is to do back. I did it last Wednesday so it will have been a weeks rest. That's all.

Mik
02-04-2003, 07:16 PM
Diet's looking ace Craig! Keep it up man. Have you decided on a song yet?

BennettBoy
02-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Mik
Diet's looking ace Craig! Keep it up man. Have you decided on a song yet?

BAH...no. :(

WillKuenzel
02-04-2003, 07:41 PM
I agree with Mik. Diet is looking awesome! Did that girl ever get back to you on those songs? Did you like any of them if she did?

Maki Riddington
02-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Personally I'd substitute the MRP with a whey or casien blend and just eat more oats. Just my opinion.

Shankerr
02-04-2003, 08:11 PM
Diet is lookin good! I can feel ya on the tuna before bed thing.. I usually just hit a shake or some cottage cheese, its a tad less nasty just ebfore bed, and the taste you wake up with in the morning isn't as horrid!

BennettBoy
02-05-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
Personally I'd substitute the MRP with a whey or casien blend and just eat more oats. Just my opinion.

Maki, you mean a blend like HDT's Pro Blend 55? Yikes, that is expensive stuff. :D The reason I like Champion Ultramet is I can get 60 packs for like $87.00. Is it that much of a difference other than the protein digests more slowly. I've never used a blend.

Yes, I am going to add some oatmeal to my evening meal I think. I agree with you on this.

ericg
02-05-2003, 07:34 AM
Why not just use some EAS whey and eat oats!! EAS wont break your purse.

Workhorse
02-05-2003, 08:01 AM
Craig, I just switched to Muscle Milk as my blended protein...works pretty well - just a thought. Diet looks great, keep it up boy, you're doing awesome. I think planning out what you were going to eat in advance really helped ya. The workouts look great too, I wish I could be there in May to see the comp cause I know you're gonna do great!! :thumbup:

BennettBoy
02-05-2003, 02:05 PM
Why not just use some EAS whey and eat oats!! EAS wont break your purse.

I am going to be switching to just a whey later on as my calories have to come down lower, but for now I think I am going to stick with MRP's as long as I can. In say 4-6 weeks my plan is to cut back on MRP's and use both MRP's and whey. Then after 8-10 weeks I will be strictly using whey I think. That is my thoughts....we shall see if it works out that way.

Eventually I guess my carbs will be down around 100-125 grams a day.

BennettBoy
02-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Workhorse
Muscle Milk as my blended protein...great!!

Who makes this? Sorry, but I really don't use supplements too much anymore and haven't even followed alot of the brands and stuff. I just use what I like and tastes half way decent. Speaking of which......those damn Detour Bars will be my undoing. I may have to cut those out quicker than I would want because they seem to be making me want more sweet type stuff.

Is that weird or could you see Detour Bars doing that?

ericg
02-05-2003, 02:21 PM
Ya i think the bars could make you want some sweets. What kills my cravings is keeping myself full. I try to do this by eating lots of greens.

BennettBoy
02-06-2003, 05:53 AM
Ah, the ole back day was yesterday and I think my back already feels it this morning. :p I lifted pretty darn heavy (well about as heavy as I can go) and felt good about things. Here ya go:

Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2003
BACK

Underhand grip pulldowns - 100 x 10 (warmup), 120 x 8, 150 x 5, 150 x 4, 120 x 7

150 is VERY HEAVY to me and I start compromising my form, but I blasted away anyway LOL. The sets with 120 were slow and controlled. Felt good.

T-Bar Rows - 2 plates x 10, 4 plates + 50 x 4!, 3 plates x 8

Oh my God was that 4 plates + 50 heavy. Again, 4 reps was it and no way could I have done 4plates + 90. I bow to the strength of some of you foos. :bow:

DB rows - 70 x 8, 90 x 5, 90 x 5

BAH....really strong with 90 from the right side (could do up to 110 I think), but my left side needs a ton of work.

Deadlifts - 225 x 8, 315 x 5, 315 x 4, 135 x 10

Didn't try to set an PR's in this or anything. 405 is still my PR in this. Soon I will devote a day to some 1 reps to beat this.

Very nice workout overall. Lasted only 45 minutes. No bicep work, no ab work LOL. I will do arms Friday I think w/ traps.

DIET

Perfect yesterday but a little too many carbs since I had an ABB Carbo Force after my workout (I was spent haha) and that was 400 calories. :eek:

Water: 7 liters

Sleep: 7.5 hours

Today is another rest day. I feel great today. Life is good!

ericg
02-06-2003, 10:50 AM
Nice tbar man!! thats a lot of weight for that exercise. do you perform them with the bar stuck in the corner of the walls or with a machine???

BennettBoy
02-06-2003, 11:09 AM
Nice tbar man!! thats a lot of weight for that exercise. do you perform them with the bar stuck in the corner of the walls or with a machine???

No this is a machine. It has a needle nose front LOL that holds 4 plates and then 2 bars on the back side where you can add additional weight.

Shankerr
02-06-2003, 11:13 AM
I agree, nice t bars mate! Lifts are coming along nicely!

How was the diet?? :D

ryan1117
02-06-2003, 11:14 AM
Underhand grip pulldowns - 100 x 10 (warmup), 120 x 8, 150 x 5, 150 x 4, 120 x 7

How do you think these compare to overhand? I always do overhand behind the neck. I assume you do the underhands to the chest? I'm thinking about changing my pulldowns b/c I feel most of it in my traps.

Budiak
02-06-2003, 08:30 PM
I hope those deadlifts werent at 100% because if they were you've got to catch up to Budiak.

But...but just on the deadlifts. That Tbar was very nice, 4 plates. WOO! Feels good hefting two four plates on any exercise other than bench press and watch the curl jockeys' eyes widen. I get some crazy looks when I pull two plates on bent over rows. I'm a bit surprised you dont pull more than 90 on dumbell rows, actually.

I always have back and chest on the same day and intercut the pushes with the pulls so save my grip, usually by the end I am nigh unable to hold a dumbell, even with straps and magic.

ectx
02-07-2003, 12:38 AM
Crazy T-Bar row Craig. I agree with Maki. I use to drink a mixed blend after cardio and a mixed blend with flax before going to bed. The stuff I get is actually GNC Egg & Whey Protein. I'd get a 2.2 lb tub for $16. Go figure...sometimes their stuff is cheap (buy it at a mom & pop GNC). If you do go with this stuff I strongly recommend the natural chocolate flavor. The others taste too much like egg. I still have half a tub left over. I'd give it to ya if you were around here...but no...everybody on this site has to be from Carolina. LOL.

Miss Rezza
02-07-2003, 05:21 AM
Just thought i'd stop by to say hi!

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/aktion/aktion066.gif

Training & Diet is lookin' superb!!

Keep it up...... it'll be soooooooo worth it after you win your first comp!! :thumbup:

WillKuenzel
02-07-2003, 05:36 AM
That's some nice deadlifting dude! I can rep 315 but anything above that kills me. I don't think I could even pull 405 once.

Nice job on the rowing too! Do you feel a little unbalanced with that much weight on there?

BennettBoy
02-07-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Shankerr
I agree, nice t bars mate! Lifts are coming along nicely!

How was the diet?? :D

Diet was good yesterday. Here it is since I needed to post it anyways.

DIET

Meal 1 - Ultramet Choc. MRP, 2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter, 1 cup oatmeal (cooked)
Meal 2 - 6 oz. grilled chicken breast, 1 apple
Meal 3 - large bowl salad mix, 8 oz. baked chicken (skinless of course ;) ), 1 tbsp. low fat ranch
Meal 4 - Detour Bar
Meal 5 - Ultramet Choc. MRP, 8 oz. baked chicken
Meal 6 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Ultramet Choc. MRP, 1 tbsp. flax oil

Sleep: 9 hours :eek:

Water: 8 liters

Overall I was a little low in carbs yesterday I think. Damn meal preparation is kicking my butt here early on....I just can't get use to always having to cook something LOL, so I didn't have any brown rice.

BennettBoy
02-07-2003, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by ryan1117

How do you think these compare to overhand? I always do overhand behind the neck. I assume you do the underhands to the chest? I'm thinking about changing my pulldowns b/c I feel most of it in my traps.

I did wide grip overhand pull-ups for like a year and never thought my lats got any wider. So I started standing in front of the mirror (crazy I know) and emulated the lift so I could see what I though really hit my lats the best and it appeared to me the underhand grip movement was what I needed.

So I started doing it and yes it is doing great for my lats. I try sometimes to vary my grip and go a tad wider for 1 set or so.

BennettBoy
02-07-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Budiak
I hope those deadlifts werent at 100% because if they were you've got to catch up to Budiak.

But...but just on the deadlifts. That Tbar was very nice, 4 plates. WOO! Feels good hefting two four plates on any exercise other than bench press and watch the curl jockeys' eyes widen. I get some crazy looks when I pull two plates on bent over rows. I'm a bit surprised you dont pull more than 90 on dumbell rows, actually.

I always have back and chest on the same day and intercut the pushes with the pulls so save my grip, usually by the end I am nigh unable to hold a dumbell, even with straps and magic.

Well, I have maxed 405 on deads. That is the heaviest I have even tried to date. I think I will go for a max on these sometime very soon though.

I am weak on DB rows because my left side holds me back BIGTIME. I just don't feel the need to go up in weight when my strength on the left side sucks and the movement gets very sloppy. I could do 110 or more from the right side I'm sure.

What's your weight at these days Budiak?

BennettBoy
02-07-2003, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by ectx
Crazy T-Bar row Craig. I agree with Maki. I use to drink a mixed blend after cardio and a mixed blend with flax before going to bed. The stuff I get is actually GNC Egg & Whey Protein. I'd get a 2.2 lb tub for $16. Go figure...sometimes their stuff is cheap (buy it at a mom & pop GNC). If you do go with this stuff I strongly recommend the natural chocolate flavor. The others taste too much like egg. I still have half a tub left over. I'd give it to ya if you were around here...but no...everybody on this site has to be from Carolina. LOL.

ectx, I might look into a mix blend after I use up all this Ultramet I have. :D

Carolina? Looks to me like a ton of folks from Texas. But we have all been overtaken with these damn Canadians.....and Aussies.....and Englishmen :cool:

BennettBoy
02-07-2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Miss Rezza
Just thought i'd stop by to say hi!

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/aktion/aktion066.gif

Training & Diet is lookin' superb!!

Keep it up...... it'll be soooooooo worth it after you win your first comp!! :thumbup:

Thanks Renee. ;)

BennettBoy
02-07-2003, 06:00 AM
That's some nice deadlifting dude! I can rep 315 but anything above that kills me. I don't think I could even pull 405 once.

Nice job on the rowing too! Do you feel a little unbalanced with that much weight on there?

Yes I do feel unbalanced. On 4 plates my feet are almost at the very end of that platform, but I do fine once I get the weight up, get myself positioned good, and start the lifts. I actually have very little movement with 3 plates and keep real strict form (as I can look right in the mirror at myself LOL to check) for the most part.

As strong as you are you could dead 405 easily. Why you don't squat more is a mystery to me....but hell, its the only lift I can outlift you in so I'm not complaining.....or bragging.....or rubbin' it in. :D

McBain
02-07-2003, 06:02 AM
hey duder, did you find a song for your posing routine?

BennettBoy
02-07-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by McBain
hey duder, did you find a song for your posing routine?

I'm leaning towards "Aerials" SOD. I'm going to see a Bodybuilding show in Florence, SC in March and I want to see what folks are doing.

Here is my plan by the way:

1) know my poses WELL by March 15
2) go to BB show in Florence to observe
3) finalyze song and routine by March 20
4) practice until perfect until May 31

That may all be cutting it close, but I'm practicing my poses now and once I feel I have those down and can do a few optional poses, then I'll start putting together that routine....or have someone help me LOL.

I really do have alot of support from folks here that have competed....I'm just very hesitant at times to ask them questions.

McBain
02-07-2003, 06:16 AM
bah screw beign hesitant.........youve earned the right to ask anythign.

i havent heard the song (or dont recognise the name) but ill have to have a poke around for it

btw: :thumpup:

McBain
02-07-2003, 06:18 AM
thumpup = :thumbup:

ericg
02-07-2003, 06:57 AM
I'm leaning towards "Aerials" SOD. I'm going to see a Bodybuilding show in Florence, SC in March and I want to see what folks are doing.

Here is my plan by the way:

1) know my poses WELL by March 15
2) go to BB show in Florence to observe
3) finalyze song and routine by March 20
4) practice until perfect until May 31

That may all be cutting it close, but I'm practicing my poses now and once I feel I have those down and can do a few optional poses, then I'll start putting together that routine....or have someone help me LOL.

I really do have alot of support from folks here that have competed....I'm just very hesitant at times to ask them questions.

sounds like a sweet plan man. thats an ace song to pose to man. think it will work well. also great idea to go see a show and check things out.

Franjipani
02-07-2003, 08:03 AM
I'm leaning towards "Aerials" SOD.

Atta boy:thumbup:

Diet is looking sen-frickin-sational hon...it may seem a pain to cook everything but just keep looking at the big picture.....its sooooo worth it !!!:D

Coke
02-07-2003, 09:06 AM
:cool: Hi, better get those training tips as soon as possible. I have seen people lose by just a little and posing could cost you much if its not done right, etc... Good Luck with your show!

Shankerr
02-07-2003, 10:31 AM
good plan you got there for the posting schedule!! Also, i do like the SOD song, its solid!! * starts blasting it, effectively scaring the sh*t out of room mates*

Diet is lookin superb to man!! Keep that up, an you might just be totally ready ahead of schedule!

BennettBoy
02-07-2003, 11:10 AM

Diet is lookin superb to man!! Keep that up, an you might just be totally ready ahead of schedule!

I am very concerned about that for sure. I will have to watch it because I have the ability to drop weight easily. That is why I have to make sure I am getting enough now...especially 15 weeks out. In fact, to ensure I will be right on track I even had a cheat meal at lunch. :eek:

Not bad:

10 oz. hamburger steak
1 cup white rice
3/4 cup black-eyed peas
1/2 cup collards

Sorry, I was just tired of chicken.

Shankerr
02-07-2003, 02:33 PM
PS. my new sig is kind of directed in your general direction.. like I said, diet nazi right here :hello:

bwahahaha

WillKuenzel
02-07-2003, 08:17 PM
Not bad:

10 oz. hamburger steak
1 cup white rice
3/4 cup black-eyed peas
1/2 cup collards
LOL, that was your cheat meal? Man I love hamburger. I don't think I'll ever be able to give that up. Though I do buy the extra lean stuff, or turkey burger on occassions if they have it.

Why you don't squat more is a mystery to me....but hell, its the only lift I can outlift you in so I'm not complaining.....or bragging.....or rubbin' it in. *grumbel, grumble* :D

BennettBoy
02-08-2003, 04:03 PM
On Friday I did some training for arms, forearms, and trap. I really did most the work with traps and forearms. And man are my traps feeling it today. That is a welcomed sign for me because my traps basically never get sore. I did like 8 sets just for traps though tuttut So, I am not going to bother posting the sets and weights for this workout.

Other than eating at that restaurant and getting the hamburger steak (it was very greasy I confess), I did great on my diet yesterday.

Last night I went with a friend to watch her daughter dance at the halftime of a high school basketball game. Jesus those girls were great. There were like 30 girls per age group. And I think 4 different age groups. The very last song all the girls were on the gym together and I was stunned at how close to being perfectly insync they all were. :cool: And my friends daugther was like really pleased I would go watch her dance.

Diet so far today is great. I went grocery shopping and I have plenty of turkey, chicken, eggs, tuna and even bought some shrimp. So tomorrow I will do legs....can't wait....and cook all day.

Today I cleaned house all day as well. :angel: Oh what fun!

Just chilling right now listen to some good techno my friend gave me and relaxing.

Be safe tonight all you partiers :D

kAiXuan
02-08-2003, 10:57 PM
looking good b, keep it up and im confident that your gonna do well at the show. :thumbup:

Shankerr
02-09-2003, 12:26 AM
This partier just got in, and damn did I have a good night tonite!!! basketball game, dinner at a super nice resteraunt, and part of a movie............ hehe

Looks like you and I have pretty similar days tomorrow, I'm just lifting, doin some reading and cooking! We'll hafta hook up on AIM so i can fill ya in, hehe

Franjipani
02-09-2003, 08:23 AM
and part of a movie............ hehe

*lol*

Can we play "fill in the gaps" :p

Bennett, you need to mould yourself a better flatmate... Mine now cleans, cooks, does all the handyman tasks and is also my gym buddy :D :D.

Shankerr
02-09-2003, 10:14 AM

Bennett, you need to mould yourself a better flatmate... Mine now cleans, cooks, does all the handyman tasks and is also my gym buddy :D :D.

I need flatmates like that! Mine are all geeks. At least they're nice geeks though...

BennettBoy
02-10-2003, 05:58 AM
One week of dieting is in the books, and though I wasn't 100% my worst meal was the hamburger steak so I don't think it was horrible. I ate out only one time too (when I had the hamburger steak). So, not bad. As I said from the start I am doing this simply because I want to and not with any intentions of winning so I will have my slip-ups I'm sure. Come May 31.....I will look OK, even if I do cheat some. :D

I didn't feel well yesterday, so I am doing legs today and pushing chest back one day. I really want to be jacked for legs today. My legs need alot of quality workouts the next 15 weeks.

First week revelations about dieting: 1) I don't like boiled eggs, 2) I'm sick of green beans, 3) I WILL need cardio soon :) and 4) meal preparation sucks BIGTIME. :rolleyes:

I will alter my diet a tad this week by reducing carbs 25 grams a day or so. I think that is the only change I will make this week basically.

This week I plan to really practice my posing for several hours. I need to know they well by March 15 and then just start practicing them like they are second nature to me. I have a ways to go here.

For sh$ts and giggles, here is a picture after 1 week diet just messin' round.

ericg
02-10-2003, 09:07 AM
That pic looks awesome man. you look fuken huge. Nice

Workhorse
02-10-2003, 09:13 AM
No sh!t... you look HYOOOGE in that pic Craig... I'm VERY impresed!! You're goona look unbelieveable come competition time... SWEEEEEEEEET! lol :D :thumbup:

Shankerr
02-10-2003, 12:13 PM
You look like a queer bait in that pic :D

Actually, you're lookin really good! Delts and forearms look stellar!! If you look really close, you can see your 65 year old neighbour staring at you with binoculars out of the next door window!

Relentless
02-10-2003, 01:15 PM
arms look bigger in that pic than in others I've seen; you've been doing something right, mate

I am jealous of your BF levels

you look great now, you are going to look amazing when you're shredded

BennettBoy
02-10-2003, 01:18 PM
Well, since I had a call near the gym today, I snuck in at lunch and did my quad work. And I am seriously thinking about doing hamstring/calves tonight. I'll see how this goes and if I like it I might do it a few weeks.

Monday, Feb. 10, 2003
QUADS

Squats - 135 x 12, 225 x 10, 315 x 5, 315 x 5, 225 x 8

315 seemed kind of heavy today and I could feel a little pain in my area I pulled 2 weeks ago now. Not bad though. I was really pouring the sweat and breathy heavy. I loved it LOL.

Hack Squats - 180 x 10, 200 x 8, 200 x 6....barely made the 6th rep LOL

Did these with feet close together.

Plate-Loaded Leg Extensions - 100 x 10, 125 x 9, 125 x 7

That was all I had left. Didn't want to do hams and calves since I wouldn't have given them 100%.

Here's my diet today. When done tonight I'm going to figure up the calories and macros to see where I stand and judge my diet for the week off this.

DIET

Meal 1 - Ultramet MRP, 1 Tbsp natty PB, 1/2 cup oats
Meal 2 - 6 oz. baked chicken breast, 3/4 cup peas -n- carrotts
Meal 3 - Detour Bar
Meal 4 (Post Workout) - ABB Carbo Force (100 grams carbs), Ultramet MRP
Meal 5 - 5 oz. baked chicken breast, 3/4 cup peas -n- carrotts
Meal 6 - Detour Bar (got hungry in the gym)
Meal 7 - 5 oz. baked chicken breast, 1/2 cup peas - n- carrotts
Meal 8 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Ultramet MRP, 1 Tbsp flax oil

Finally I broke down and bought a box of Detour bars. I think they were like $28.50 plus tax so not bad, but I could have gotten them cheaper online I bet. Best bar ever made to date so far IMHO. Damn good.

BennettBoy
02-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Oh and thanks for the comments ericg, Workhorse, and Cal. I'll have to think about how to take Shankerr's comments before I thank him LOL. :D

And I weighed 184 with shorts on in the gym today. Not really going to worry with weight until I get my bodyfat re-checked in 2 weeks on 2/22. Then I get to weigh on the same scales where I first had my bodfat checked early in the morning, and I think that will be a great gauge for where I will stand 13 weeks out.

Peace.

Silverback
02-10-2003, 01:32 PM
lol, things are going great BB. You look fantabulous:)

Glad to hear that you've sorted out your diet and training to pursue the comp, im sure you'll rip it up.

Only thing i would say is that your wheels lack a bit of size, they look good and cut though. As for posing you should of gone for Nelly and Justin- Work it! that would have been a sweet tune to pose to.

good luck and i'll talk 2 u l8r

B-R

Mik
02-10-2003, 02:13 PM
You're looking good in that pic Craig as everyone else said (except Shane). Your tri's are looking beefy as well. Keep up the good work man. Make WBB proud!

Shankerr
02-10-2003, 02:21 PM
Hey, i was only kiddin, I still think he's lookin dead sexy! Actually, you are lookin good in that pic mate, I think you're going to do just fine with your cut from the looks of that! I just had to stir things up a tad earlier :D

kAiXuan
02-10-2003, 02:24 PM
damn, you look awsome man i can only imagine what 5% will look like. wish i looked cool with the cue-ball :(

Mik
02-10-2003, 02:25 PM
Oh sure, your muffins don't turn out so you take it out on him?tuttut

Pup
02-10-2003, 02:35 PM
You look superb already craig...you will look amazing come contest time, keep it up bro.

Shankerr
02-10-2003, 06:13 PM
goddamn muffins *sniff* *runs off crying*

carolinagirl
02-10-2003, 07:57 PM
Well, you're probably sick of hearing it but - you look awesome. I can't wait to see your progress over the next 15 weeks - keep posting pics!

WillKuenzel
02-10-2003, 08:22 PM
LOL, at the title of that pic. Being stupid nothing, being large is more like it. Looking really big dude.

Maki Riddington
02-10-2003, 09:48 PM
My exact words were, "you look fricking huge!!!" You definitely look the part of a bodybuilder. I'm very envious of your symmetry.

Franjipani
02-10-2003, 10:21 PM
I still think he's lookin dead sexy!

:withstupi

Whoooa, you get better with every picture Bennett !!! I only have one bone of contention for ya..... I see that you are justifying your little "cheats" by saying you are only entering this competition because you want to without any "intentions of winning".... Well, I believe you need to hold yourself to a HIGHER standard than that...and ALWAYS do your best. You are an exceptional individual who has shown upmost committment, dedication and discipline thus far....there is light at the end of the tunnel now... You have come so damn far.....and I for one want to see you KICK ASS at that show on the 31st May!!! :D :D

Maki Riddington
02-10-2003, 10:27 PM
Agreed. You need to be held accountable for your cheats whether they are big or small.

WillKuenzel
02-10-2003, 10:33 PM
I agree with you two but if his only cheat meal was a hamburger steak and if they don't get worse than that then I say his cheats are a lot better than mine (i.e. ice cream, pizza, corn dogs, popcorn, etc, etc).

On that note: how often do you think you'll cheat Crain? Are you going to account for a couple during your long cutting phase?

BennettBoy
02-11-2003, 05:45 AM
I agree with you two but if his only cheat meal was a hamburger steak and if they don't get worse than that then I say his cheats are a lot better than mine (i.e. ice cream, pizza, corn dogs, popcorn, etc, etc).

On that note: how often do you think you'll cheat Crain? Are you going to account for a couple during your long cutting phase?

Actually, since I have started dieting at 16 weeks out, I guess I just feel a few "off meals" will not kill me. I realize at 8 weeks out there will be no room for cheating.

But agreed Franji and Maki, I probably shouldn't pat myself on the back for cheating LOL. :D I'm probably crazy, but I think some folks get way too carried away with their dieting and it actually ends up hurting them more than helping them. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but sometimes folks make this stuff way harder than it should be.

I updated diet from yesterday. Too many protein shakes and bars, but very clean. I'm going to try to figure out cals and macros in a bit. I think I did great if I take away the ABB Carbo Force drink I usually only drink after leg days.

BennettBoy
02-11-2003, 05:48 AM
I went back to the gym last night and finished leg training by doing some calf work and a little hamstring work. I seriously believe I may try to split legs for a few weeks and see how I like the results. Legs are already sore this morning.....NOT A GOOD SIGN LOL. It could be bad come this afternoon. :p

CALVES

Half-seated calf machine - 180 x 10, 270 x 10, 320 x 8, 320 x 8

Seated Calf Machine - 3 plates x 8, 3 plates x 8

Single leg curl machine - 45 x 10, 50 x 8, 50 x 7

That was it. A quick 30 minute workout to finish up legs.

Today I will do chest and then rest Wednesday.

BennettBoy
02-11-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by carolinagirl
Well, you're probably sick of hearing it but - you look awesome. I can't wait to see your progress over the next 15 weeks - keep posting pics!

Thanks alot carolinagirl....I really appreciate the support. I'll try to post a picture every Monday maybe and hopefully put up a few with poses like 12 weeks out.

BennettBoy
02-11-2003, 05:50 AM

:I only have one bone of contention for ya..... I see that you are justifying your little "cheats" by saying you are only entering this competition because you want to without any "intentions of winning".... Well, I believe you need to hold yourself to a HIGHER standard than that...and ALWAYS do your best. You are an exceptional individual who has shown upmost committment, dedication and discipline thus far....there is light at the end of the tunnel now... You have come so damn far.....and I for one want to see you KICK ASS at that show on the 31st May!!! :D :D

I know, your right. OK, OK....I'll do better. :D

BennettBoy
02-11-2003, 06:50 AM
Wow, I just figured my diet and it was just about right on the money yesterday. Here it is:

DIET

Meal 1 - Ultramet MRP, 1 Tbsp natty PB, 1/2 cup oats
Meal 2 - 6 oz. baked chicken breast, 3/4 cup peas -n- carrotts
Meal 3 - Detour Bar
Meal 4 (Post Workout) - ABB Carbo Force (100 grams carbs), Ultramet MRP
Meal 5 - 5 oz. baked chicken breast, 3/4 cup peas -n- carrotts
Meal 6 - Detour Bar (got hungry in the gym)
Meal 7 - 5 oz. baked chicken breast, 1/2 cup peas - n- carrotts
Meal 8 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Ultramet MRP, 1 Tbsp flax oil

(Totals = 3065 calories = 342p, 277c, 73f)

If I subract out the ABB drink I don't have often it would be exactly where I want it for the week:

(Totals = 2665 calories = 342p, 177c, 73f)
Macros = 51% protein, 27% carbs, 22% fats

Not bad, not bad. I will shoot for 2600-2700 calories this week with above macros.

Also:

Sleep: - 9 hours

Water: - 7+ liters

*note to self* - no more ABB Carbo Force drinks this week. tuttut

Savannah
02-11-2003, 07:03 AM
Just chipping in with my :thumbup: in your journal here as well !
Great pic, and I am so jealous that you're outside and wearing shorts!

Workhorse
02-11-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Savannah
Great pic, and I am so jealous that you're outside and wearing shorts!
Ditto to that!!

Diet is lookin' great Craig, good job and getting off to a fantastic start...it'll be easier to keep it up in the long run!! Great leg day too, weights are lookin' impressive!! Awesome job on the squats!!

BennettBoy
02-11-2003, 05:20 PM
Thanks Sav and Workhorse!

BennettBoy
02-11-2003, 05:41 PM
I did chest today and I really struggled to get through it with the pain in my left elbow. This freakin' pain just will not go away. Dammit.....I'm falling apart all of a sudden. My strength seems down too, so I decided midway through my workout today it is time for another break for me. I am going to do back in a couple of days and take some time off. Not sure if I will take a whole week or what, but I feel overtrained and susceptible to injury so I will take the time I need to ensure I have alot in the tank for the last 12-13 weeks of training.

Anyway, here is what I was able to get done today:

Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2003
CHEST

Smith-Machine Incline Presses - 90 x 12(warmup), 160 x 8, 160 x 7, 150 x 7

Geez, 160 felt heavy and I had been doing 180 for reps.

Flat DB Bench Presses - 60 x 8(warmup), 90 x 5, 75 x 8, 75 x 5

BAH....really struggled on that 5th rep for 90 and had been doing 4 or so reps for 100's. Wasn't about to go higher than 90 today.

Wide-Chest Hammer Presses - 180 x 8, 230 x 8, 230 x 6 dropped to 90 x burnout.

Just went with some slow reps on these. Felt good.

Cable Incline Presses - 40 x 10, 50 x 7, 40 x 6

Not even sure why I do these......but my upper chest still sucks.

I did a couple sets of dips and 3 sets for triceps as well. That was it. Not sure what I got out of that today. But on a good note, my legs are the most sore they have been following a leg day in months. I'm happy :)

DIET

Meal 1 - Ultramet MRP, 1 Tbsp. natty PB, 1 cup oatmeal (cooked)
Meal 2 - Detour Bar
Meal 3 - Large bowl lettuce w/ tomatoes and 6 oz. baked chicken and 1 Tbsp. lowfat ranch.
Meal 4 - 6 oz. baked chicken breast
Meal 5 (Post Workout) - 8 oz. grapejuice, Ultramet MRP
Meal 6 - 5 oz. baked chicken breast, 1 cup rice, 1 cup field peas
Meal 7 - will be 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Ultramet MRP, 1 Tbsp flax oil

That's it foos.

WillKuenzel
02-11-2003, 07:48 PM
I think if you are seeing injuries come up then some time off may be a good idea. Maybe if nothing else then start spacing your workouts further apart. Instead of givng them 7 days to recover maybe bump it up to 9 or 10. It may throw your schedule off a little but with the reduced calories and cutting back on the carbs that might be a good thing. My 2 anyway.

Mik
02-11-2003, 08:24 PM
Diet's lookin' solid Craig. Your dedication is inspiring.

BennettBoy
02-12-2003, 07:01 AM
I think if you are seeing injuries come up then some time off may be a good idea. Maybe if nothing else then start spacing your workouts further apart. Instead of givng them 7 days to recover maybe bump it up to 9 or 10. It may throw your schedule off a little but with the reduced calories and cutting back on the carbs that might be a good thing. My 2 anyway.

Will, good idea. I am just so sore right now and feel like I'm trying to get sick (HELL NO....I WILL NOT), so I'm going to take some time off. You got a nice idea though about maybe taking a few more rest days before working the same bodyparts again.

BennettBoy
02-12-2003, 07:05 AM
I'm going to rest today and probably tomorrow. Then I hope to do back on Friday before taking a few days off. I'm going to start trying to tan 2 times a week starting today LOL.

*note to self: you better start posing more and screw tanning haha*

Diet was great yesterday. I cooked a turkey breast last night so I'll be eating alot of turkey the rest of the week.

Water: 7 liters

By the way, my Dad's birthday is Saturday so I'm going to my parents and I know I will not be on with diet for that meal. Please forgive. :D

ericg
02-12-2003, 07:35 AM
ah one meal wont kill ya. just dont post what you had cuz it might break me.

you really should pose more. from talking with you and reading your posts it seems like the only thing that you dont have down. you need to get into a rhythm with it so its second nature when you are on stage.

Shankerr
02-12-2003, 08:00 AM
I did chest today and I really struggled to get through it with the pain in my left elbow. This freakin' pain just will not go away.

Its all that winstrol you've been taking drying out your joints :D You just have to learn when to stop doping Craig, you really do!! hehe

Diet looks solid! I agree with the rest of them as well, if you're experiencing some major discomfort, try taking a few off, and maybe extending your rest periods a bit.. I dunno about 10 days between sessions though, especially pre contest when you're going to be taking off some muscle due to cardio and low cal diet and things, but like maybe try 8 days instead of 6-7..?? That one extra rest day a week might do it! And don't be like me goin into the gym on rest days and messin around anyway, if you're having joint pain, take your rest days and, well, just rest!!

Oh yeah, get at the posing to!! When we talk, if you're not in mid pose typing to me, I'm gonna be pissed! haha

Oh, and one more thing, since you're gonna be hoggin out on Saturday, I think I am gonna take that day as a cheat day too! I have been dying for some pizza and cookies!! Theres something comforting in knowing that somewhere in the world, there is going to be another person being as lazy with their diet as I am, so Saturday it is!

carolinagirl
02-12-2003, 11:01 AM

I am just so sore right now and feel like I'm trying to get sick (HELL NO....I WILL NOT), so I'm going to take some time off.

Take an extra day or two - better to give them up now (12 weeks out) than get injured or sick 2 weeks out!!

And take LOTS of vitamin C. (If your gut can stand it, take 2 grams 3-4 times a day. I swear it has worked for me - the last two times I felt some bug coming on I did this and felt fine the next day!)

Hope you feel better - and enjoy that birthday cake!

BennettBoy
02-12-2003, 11:54 AM

Hope you feel better - and enjoy that birthday cake!

No, no....I didn't mean I would have cake. I want. I just meant that I would be eating Rib Eye steak (not that lean), hashbrown potato casserole, and baked beans. Something like that anyway. That is what my Mom knows I like....so she will cook what I want haha. Spoiled still at an old age....I know. :D

Miss Rezza
02-12-2003, 05:18 PM
Hey Craig!

You really are doing a sensational job!! :thumbup:

I agree with you (and tha rest of "the gang") seems as though your bod wants a little rest! :nod: Congrats on recognising your discomfort and not pushing yerself..... which is something that silly Rezza would probably do!! tuttut

Take it easy, enjoy your ol' mans birthday and most importantly remember.... you look freakin' hot hon!!! :drooling: ;)

BennettBoy
02-13-2003, 05:57 AM

Take it easy, enjoy your ol' mans birthday and most importantly remember.... you look freakin' hot hon!!! :drooling: ;)

WOW, you just made my day Renee. ;) Thanks hon. Hehee, I had to use that favorite Aussie word of you and Franji's. :D

Coke
02-13-2003, 06:25 AM
I bet you make Mom and Dad proud because you even make me proud :bow: You truly are representin

BennettBoy
02-13-2003, 06:40 AM
OK, I'm feeling a bit refreshed today. I had 8. 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. :eek: I surely must have been exhausted. I also decided that I'm not going to do back tomorrow, but just keep on taking days off until I feel OK. Maybe by Mon-Tues I will be ready to go. I think I will try to take like 8 days before training a bodypart rather than my typical 7.

As weird as this might sound, I swear these jeans I put on today are already looser than I remember them being. I'm not sure that is good though since I've not quite even completed 2 weeks of dieting. Of course I had gradually starting cutting back a couple weeks earlier, but still....I'm left to wonder. Next Saturday I will have my bodyfat checked again. That will tell me alot. Damn, I may have to increase cals some....I don't want to lose to quickly and still have too much time until show time. ;) I'm probably just freakin' out over nothing.

Diet yesterday was good, but eh...maybe too heavy on the chemical stuff LOL. Here it is anyway:

DIET

Meal 1 - Ultramet MRP, 1 Tbsp. natty PB, 1 cup oatmeal
Meal 2 - Detour Bar, banana
Meal 3 - 6 oz. turkey breast, 1 cup limas
Meal 4 - 8 oz. lean hamb. meat, 1 cup rice
Meal 5 - Detour Bar
Meal 6 - 5 oz. turkey breast, Ultramet MRP
Meal 7 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Ultramet MRP, 1 Tbsp. flax oil

I'm going to try to stick with more turkey today and less Detour Bars :cool:

Water: 8 liters

Today is another REST day. Ah yes. I tanned yesterday and I will tan once again tomorrow. I'm going to start tanning 2 times a week now. Everything is going well I think if I could get all these poses down pat. Practice, practice, practice. Eat, eat, eat. Sleep, sleep, sleep. Train, train, train. Tan, tan, tan. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Sounds like fun huh?

BennettBoy
02-13-2003, 06:55 AM
By the way, another song I am considering posing to in addition to "Aerials" by SOD is "Higher" by Creed. I think that would be a nice song to pose to since the pace picks up as the song goes on.

Rock
02-13-2003, 07:03 AM
damn you look good in that pictures, those arms are not 16 or 17, they are 18inches!

Shankerr
02-13-2003, 09:27 AM
Practice, practice, practice. Eat, eat, eat. Sleep, sleep, sleep. Train, train, train. Tan, tan, tan. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Sounds like fun huh?

Eliminate the practice, and add in "Study Study Study" and you've got my life, hehe, and I agree, it is fun!!

BennettBoy
02-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Rock
damn you look good in that pictures, those arms are not 16 or 17, they are 18inches!

OK, 18 inches they are Rock......even though they are only like 16.5 cold. :cry: But my forearms are like 13.25 :)

BennettBoy
02-13-2003, 06:21 PM
OK, here's the diet for the day.

DIET

Meal 1 - Ultramet MRP, 2 Tbsp. natty PB, 1 big bowl oatmeal...:D
Meal 2 - 6 oz. turkey, 1 cup limas
Meal 3 - 8 oz. baked chicken breast, large bowl of lettuce, tomatoes, onions, 1 boiled egg, 1/4 cup cheese, 1 Tbsp. lowfat ranch
Meal 4 - Detour Bar
Meal 5 - 2 cans tuna, 1/4 Tbsp. nofat mayo
Meal 6 - 6 oz. turkey meat
Meal 7 - will be Ultramet MRP, 1 Tbsp. flax oil

Not bad, not bad.

No workout today. I'm taking off at least through Monday and seeing how I feel. That will will give me 5 days of rest. I may be ready to next week. I'll just see how my body feels. Regardless, my first workout back in the gym is going to be my legs. My legs/calves are still sore from Monday's workout. Feels great too.....haha. :D

ryan1117
02-13-2003, 06:24 PM
My legs/calves are still sore from Monday's workout.
The teacher for my bodybuilding class in high school used to have a saying for that. He would respond, "That's music to my ears!"

BennettBoy
02-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Yesterday was just a CHEAT day period! Had some yummy food at my Mom's and had a few beers later.

BUT, it is back to the ole grind today. Back on track with my diet and I am going to go back to the gym tomorrow....yah. I feel rested and ready to go. I feel like I'm getting small when I'm not lifting.

Tomorrow I will train legs.

It's cold and rainy here today. And kind of depressing. So I guess I will just hang out at WBB all day and do nothing. :angel:

Oh....and Clemson beat UNC in basketball yesterday. That is all.

carolinagirl
02-16-2003, 04:54 PM
Clemson beat UNC in basketball yesterday. That is all.

I was gonna say I'm glad you feel better.

(I hate to say it, but beating UNC in basketball these days just doesn't have the same kind of bragging rights attached to it that it used to...:cry: )

Pup
02-16-2003, 05:27 PM
Good luck on the leg session, your diet has been looking solid, its time to start practicing your posing craig!

BennettBoy
02-16-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Pup
Good luck on the leg session, your diet has been looking solid, its time to start practicing your posing craig!

Yeah, my diet has been solid today again. And yesterday even though I went to my parents and ate with them we had turkey breast w/ broccoli casserole, cream corn and hash-brown potato casserole, and 1 yeast roll. Not too bad.

You are so right. I have been slack in the posing area. This week I will get down to business with it.

How many times do you practice weekly and for how long?

Pup
02-16-2003, 06:15 PM
right now 2-3 times a week, about 15 minutes

Franjipani
02-16-2003, 06:52 PM
<<<< is self-nominated official countdown chickie :D

only 103 days to go

btw...everything looks like its going swimmingly well..... just rest those weary muskles and you'll be right as rain in no time

BennettBoy
02-17-2003, 07:46 AM
<<<< is self-nominated official countdown chickie :D

only 103 days to go

btw...everything looks like its going swimmingly well..... just rest those weary muskles and you'll be right as rain in no time

:nod: OK, I second the nomination.

BennettBoy
02-17-2003, 07:50 AM
I woke up at 6:00 a.m. as usual and peeped out the window before making my bed (yes I really do make my bed every morning)....and what do I see BUT frozen ice all over the place. That brought a smile to my face because I didn't want to get up. :D So I listened to the radio and everything is starting like 2 hours later around here. So I got back in bed hehe. :angel: Just got back up, ate again, and am off to work.

I absolutely can't wait until later today when I get back in the gym. I did manage to take 6 days off though. Good for me. I feel and look small though so it is time to get back to work. Going to mutilate legs tonight. Ah....what fun.

BennettBoy
02-17-2003, 10:14 AM
I feel small, but look fat still. After 2 weeks of dieting:

BennettBoy
02-17-2003, 10:15 AM
This is for the ladies that said they liked backs in the "What bodypart do you like most" post hehe. :) Something different.

Savannah
02-17-2003, 10:33 AM
Nice pics! :D

You wear those jeans well :)

BennettBoy
02-17-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Savannah

You wear those jeans well :)

Yeah, but some say I look better without them on. ;)

CBates
02-17-2003, 11:01 AM
I feel small, but look fat still. After 2 weeks of dieting:

I know I've never really made a comment before about your journal or pics, even though I do read your journal often, but I have to say you have an awesome physique, one of the best ones on this site..

Silverback
02-17-2003, 11:43 AM
small, fat? those words would not even enter my head:),

although 'hello sailor' may come to mind:hello:

seriously though your looking awsome craig, you shall smoke the show :thumbup:

Relentless
02-17-2003, 12:07 PM

Yeah, but some say I look better without them on. ;)

you just keep those things covered up, mister!

There's no need for such things.

anyway

you don't look small

punk

Shankerr
02-17-2003, 01:41 PM
Small? NO!
Fat?? NO!
Hairy?? YES!

hehe

Sav is right, you do look dead sexy in those jeans!

Now Craig, I can't help but notice that all these pisctures seem to be taken in an office..... Could it be that you're using company resources for personal benefit per chance..???? :D

BennettBoy
02-17-2003, 06:04 PM
The weather sucked today in South Carolina. Most the state got covered up with freezing rain. And couple that with President's Day and it was rather boring today at work. Very slow. Too slow. So I was literally itching to get to the gym to do legs. I like doing legs on Monday now. Everybody else is doing chest...so it works out great. I was in a zone. Only spoke to one person today....and that was this nice little chick that I have kind of been interested in somewhat. Of course I haven't asked her out yet....what's new. :( But I spoke to her and was nice to her because she initiated the conversation. After I finished she came over to where I was sitting and drinking my MRP and talked a while more. And then she had the nerve to ask me the ole "How old are you question?" I was honest. So, I don't have to worry about a date with her anymore. :D Sh$t.

I just seemed to get stronger the longer the workout went today. But I cut it short after 1 hour. I honestly could have done more today I think...it was as if I found a new motivation or something. I need 12 more great leg workouts in the coming weeks.

Monday, Feb. 17, 2003
QUADS

Squats - 135 x 12, 225 x 10, 275 x 8, 325 x 5

325 went really pretty easy today and I was below parallel a good bit. I'm still a little nervous with this kind of weight on my shoulders after I heard that crack in my chest the last time I did 375 for a rep. I never workout with anyone else and don't use spotters....so I really have to know my limits.

Front Squats - 135 x 10, 185 x 9, 135 x 11

Man did I go deep on these. My feet were like 6 inches apart and I literally had my ass to my ankles on these. Form was perfect. I noticed some folks watching me while looking in the mirror to check my form. I think they were shocked I could go so deep for an old man. :)

Leg Press Machine -

6 plates x 12 reps
10 plates x 10 reps
14 plates x 7 reps
10 plates x 5 reps
6 plates x 9 reps

Didn't feel up to the drop set so I just did a little pyramid thingie.

Single-leg curls - 100 x 10 each leg, 110 x 10 each leg, 110 x 12 each leg

Really was picking up steam and strength by the time I did these. I think 110 was a PR and I know it is for the amount of reps I was pumping out.

Seated Calf Raises - 2 plates x 10, 3 plates x 8, 3 plates x 8, 3 plates + 25 x 7

Only did seated calf raises today. I was running up on 1 hour in the gym and didn't want to stay any longer. Needed my MRP :D

All in all.....very nice workout. I think I'm pleased.

DIET

Meal 1 - Ultramet MRP, 2 Tbsp natty PB, 1/2 sweet potato, 1 multi-vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 400 I.U. Vitamin E, 2 ECA
Meal 2 - 5 oz. baked chicken breast, 1 cup green beans
Meal 3 - Detour Bar
Meal 4 - 6 oz. baked chicken breast, 1 cup green beans, , 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 5 - 5 oz. turkey breast, 2 ECA
Meal 6 - Ultramet MRP, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 7 - 6 oz. lean hamburger steak, 1 cup steamed broccoli, 1/2 sweet potato
Meal 8 - will be 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Ultramet MRP, 1 Tbsp flax oil, 50 mg. zinc

Diet was solid today! I did have the hamburger steak but I can only have so much chicken. I know lean eye of round might be a better choice, but I bought the leanest hamburger meat they had so not so bad I don't think. Plus, after leg day I was starving for something good and different.

I weighed at the gym today in shorts and shoes and was 182.5 lbs. I think I am dropping 1/2 to 1 lb. a week so far....what I've lost 2 whole pounds whoopie freakin' doo. :D But I am definitely dropping. I just hope I know what I'm doing....sometimes I really wonder and it makes me nervous.

I am adding glutamine to my diet very soon. This week I am going to try to keep my calories around 2700 again. Looks like I'm slowly dropping weight on this so I'll stick with it this week.

Sleep: 9 hours

Water: 7 liters water

And I am going to practice posing tonight as well for about 30 minutes. I feel good about half the poses. Need improvement on flaring my lats though for the back poses and getting my leg placement correct. Little by little I hopefully will get it down enough to make a decent showing.

Savannah: Thanks for the comments. And isn't it about time we see some progress pictures of you? ;)

CBates: I really appreciate your comments a ton....I seriously do. I just hope I can cut as good as you have in the past (not counting this past year haha).

Callahan - OK...I'll keep my drawers on hehe....:angel:

Shankerr: - Work? What on earth is that? No, it has been slow at work the past few days and I don't like it to be honest. The days are too long and I don't feel productive. But my camera was at work and I wanted to post a pic or two each Monday.

OK, I'm going to go practice some posing in a bit.

Peace.

carolinagirl
02-17-2003, 06:15 PM
Craig, you look TOTALLY hot! Seriously. You have great breadth and size thru the shoulders, your chest looks nice and full, and your back (esp. spinal erectors, from that pic) look really good. (Yeah, and you do have a cute butt, too!)

You're gonna knock them dead at your show. Glad you're raring to go in the gym again too.

And - just ask the girl out, darn it. You have a better physique (and are better looking) than 99% of the 20 year old guys I see at my gym. There's nothing wrong with a little age difference - I'm 32 and I'm "dating" a 23 year old right now. :nod:

Pup
02-17-2003, 06:28 PM
A woman that tells her age...you sure you are feeling ok CG?

Pup
02-17-2003, 06:31 PM
Craig, that diet looks very solid, clean foods all around, the cochee before bed is an awesome choice, slow releasing proteins are gonna keep that GH level a bit higher *high five*

Shankerr
02-17-2003, 07:14 PM
I'm 32 and I'm "dating" a 23 year old right now. :nod:

I love girls like you! I have a thing for older women, I'm 21 :D

carolinagirl
02-17-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Pup
A woman that tells her age...you sure you are feeling ok CG?

I feel damn good! (I still get carded to buy beer! Maybe when that stops happening I'll stop telling. :D )

Pup
02-17-2003, 07:37 PM
Rock on sista...sorry for side-tracking your journal craig.

kAiXuan
02-18-2003, 01:14 AM
if the girl comes up and talks to you, thats your cue
(no pun intended) :)

BennettBoy
02-18-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by kAiXuan
if the girl comes up and talks to you, thats your cue
(no pun intended) :)

haha...yeah, I would have already asked her out but I know she is recently divorced and has a 3 year old girl. ;)

I'm still reluctant to even want to get involved in a situation like that for now.

BennettBoy
02-18-2003, 06:14 AM
Craig, you look TOTALLY hot! Seriously. You have great breadth and size thru the shoulders, your chest looks nice and full, and your back (esp. spinal erectors, from that pic) look really good. (Yeah, and you do have a cute butt, too!)

You're gonna knock them dead at your show. Glad you're raring to go in the gym again too.

:redface: You make me blush. Your too kind.

I guess I'm trying hard to be very realistic about things with this show. I'm doing it for me because I have always wanted to be on stage just once. But with NPC shows I know there will be guys that are just huge and ripped and have done a few things I haven't done if you catch my drift. :p I don't have the leg development I need at this point either. But if I choose the right division....who knows, maybe I will have no competiton LOL.

carolinagirl
02-18-2003, 07:16 AM
I know a couple of people that only compete in tested natural shows, so there are at least a few around. Have you thought about one of those? (What weight class are you shooting for, btw?)

I hear you on the doing it for yourself, though. That's ultimately the only person you're ever really competing with.

Workhorse
02-18-2003, 08:45 AM
Craig, your pics are lookin' great. I still can't believe the size you have for weighing in around 190. Unbelieveable! Keep up the great diet and training and I'm sure you'll get a little more size on your legs. They are fairly well proportioned to your body now, but everyone thinks their legs are small...lol. Keep up the great work!! Has the weather smartened up any there yet? Heard the Carolina's got dumped on!!

big
02-18-2003, 09:22 AM
..But with NPC shows I know there will be guys that are just huge and ripped and have done a few things I haven't done if you catch my drift. :p ...

Trained hard? :eek: slam dunk baby, woohoo. Sorry a chick said that to a guy at my gym once it was funny as hell. I need a job where I can take my clothes off to. Anyway good luck with your diet.

02-18-2003, 04:48 PM
Good luck there BBoy. Your already looking big & lean. Your gonna blow those old geezers off the stage.:thumbup:

BennettBoy
02-18-2003, 05:06 PM
ARGH, I love chest day. Call me a pansy LOL....but I just love getting a great pump on chest day. And I sure did succeed today. After those dips (3 seconds down and 3 seconds back up), I though my chest would just EXPLODE!!! :D

Somebody remind me why I thought I wanted to do a competition....:confused: Jesus, this is alot of work. Seems every night I have to cook something now and I don't like that too much haha. Plus, I now need to start putting some cardio in my routine I think, so Wednesday's will be my official cardio day for a few weeks. If I need more I'll do it later. I planned to just do like 30 minutes on the treadmill inclined as high as I can get it at like 4.0 mph. Is that adequate? I don't know much about HIIT. I do like to jump rope though. :cool:

My rant for the day is these idiots that kept standing around me when I was trying to do incline DB flyes. And they saw I was needing them to move. How ****** stupid can you be??? I finally yelled out....EXCUSE ME. The guy moved slowly and said oh...ok. Prick.

Here's my workout for the day:

Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2003
CHEST, TRICEPS

Incline DB presses - 50 x 10 (warmup), 70 x 10, 80 x 6, 90 x 5, 70 x 8

Well 90 felt MUCH better than it did 2 weeks ago. I'd like to get back to doing 95 on these, but not sure now that I'm dropping weight. I pumped out some really good reps with the 70's though.

Hammer Incline Presses - 180 x 10, 270 x 4...dropped to 230 x 4, dropped to 180 x 8 (burnout)

I dunno why, but I decided to do 2 incline movements back to back.

Cybex Plate-loaded Bench Presses - 200 x 11, 200 x 9, 180 x 7

These felt really good. Totally felt them in my chest and went very slow to failure on these.

Incline DB Flyes - 50 x 8, 50 x 7

Bastard was in my way. :D I wanted to do cable incline flyes but all the cables were taken.

Dips - bw x 8, bw x 7, bw x 5

Went really slow on these and got a great pump. I like doing this as my last chest exercise leading into triceps. My tris are already swole by the time I start them LOL.

Tricep Pushdowns- 100 x 8, 100 x 8, 100 x 7

I dropped weight by 40 to 60 lbs. and did underhand triceps pulldowns after each pushdown set. Wicked. Tris were fried.

Not a bad workout. Not bad at all. Took right at 1 hour.

DIET

Meal 1 - Ultramet MRP, 2 Tbsp. natty PB, 1 cup oatmeal (cooked), 1 multi-vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 400 I.U. Vitamin E, 2 ECA
Meal 2 - 6 oz. lean hamburger steak, 1 banana
Meal 3 - 7 oz. baked chicken, 1 cup rice, 1 cup peas, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 4 - Nitrotech Smores Bar, 2 ECA....no Detours in stock. :cry:
Meal 5 - Ultramet MRP
Meal 6 - will be 6 oz. hamburger steak, 1 cup cooked broccoli
Meal 7 - will be 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Ultramet MRP, 50 mg. zinc

Probably a tad too high in calories today. I haven't figured it up but I'm guessing it may be close to 3000 cals...but I hope closer to 2700 haha.

As I said, tomorrow is a rest day from lifting but I will do cardio for the 1st time in MONTHS. Hope I can do 30 minutes to be honest. I also plan to tan. I want to tan 2 times a week now. Plus I hope to practice posing some tonight and tomorrow. I'm so busy.....:cry:

I think I got the 1/4 turns down though haha. Now I'm trying to master the compulsory or mandatory poses (or whatever they are called LOL). I just need to master that little quick turn on the 1/4 turn with more grace.

That's about it. Going to eat and shower and practice and read WBB.

Sleep: 7.5 hours

Water: maybe 6 liters....down today I got busy and didn't have my water bottle. tuttut

Workhorse: Thanks for the comments dude. And I am down to like 182.5 lbs. now. 190 is light years away at this point. Me sad.

big: Haha, yeah I can sneak pictures in at work sometimes. Hey, you want a job where you can take your clothes off, try male stripping LOL. :D

Avatar: I appreciate bro. I'm going to give it me all. :p

Mik
02-18-2003, 05:44 PM
Craig, next time that bozo gets in your way just drop the weight on his ****ing foot.

Looks like things are right on track for ya. Keep it up. You feeling any more comfortable with the posing?

BennettBoy
02-18-2003, 06:56 PM
I know a couple of people that only compete in tested natural shows, so there are at least a few around. Have you thought about one of those? (What weight class are you shooting for, btw?)

I hear you on the doing it for yourself, though. That's ultimately the only person you're ever really competing with.

Oh I missed this. I was warned haha that maybe I should look into some other show to do my 1st time, but I'm a gluten for punishment. :p I will be in the middleweight and I think I'm going to do the Juniors instead of Novice. Think I will skip Men's open this time around. ;) I just hope I'm not the only one in my division or I'll have to move to Men's Open LOL. I am going to compete with somebody dammit. Haha.

Franjipani
02-18-2003, 07:05 PM
There's nothing wrong with a little age difference - I'm 32 and I'm "dating" a 23 year old right now. :nod:

Whooo hooooo, you are now officially tres cool in my book !!! I have more respect for you with every post woman!!! I am also 32 and like you, seem to always attract the younger ones.. ;).

Ohh and Bennett........

You have only 101 day's to go

Shankerr
02-18-2003, 11:09 PM
Just thought that I would add that I am completely twisted, just got in from my night with the boys, and am done, something you can't do for a while ;) 101 days apparently :D Just thought I'd add that

ciao

S

WillKuenzel
02-18-2003, 11:33 PM
My rant for the day is these idiots that kept standing around me when I was trying to do incline DB flyes. And they saw I was needing them to move. How ****** stupid can you be??? I finally yelled out....EXCUSE ME. The guy moved slowly and said oh...ok. Prick.I love the stupid people in the gym. Well, ok, not really. Normally I'd just hit them with the weight. When they bother the range of motion then you fly up, jump in their face and yell, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!!! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M WORKING OVER HERE?!!!" Still holding the weight and waving it around. That tends to scare people pretty good.

Shane
02-18-2003, 11:49 PM
Bennett, just thought I'd say your journal is one of my favorites to read even though I haven't posted in it. You look great man! Good luck with the contest. Chronological age doesn't mean much of anything so we shouldn't let it limit us. Oh yeah, ask that girl out. :D

BennettBoy
02-19-2003, 07:05 AM
Franji: Woohoo....just think, in 11 days I can go on my won 90 Day Challenge.....and be just like you. ;)

Shankerr: You suck. That is all. :D

Homeyield: Next time I think I will just accidently drop the weight on someones foot :D

Shane: Thanks alot man. I really appreciate the kind words. And you never know....I just might ask that girl out yet. I have just about given up on finding the woman of my dreams.....so soon I'll start looking for next best haha.

Good Lord, I'm sore this morning. A rest day couldn't have come at a better time. And maybe the cardio I plan to do today will help my poor sore legs. My calves are especially sore and I only did 4 sets. It is funny how that works....somedays I do much more for calves and feel no soreness. Oh well.....whatever.

YEAH ME!!! I just paid off my biggest credit card. I only have one more debt to finish paying off now and I will be DEBT FREE for the first time since graduating from College. Such a great feeling. I hate being enslaved to debt and have vowed never to go in debt for anything ever again other than a house and maybe a car. I want to travel some down the road and see the world and being in debt simply will never allow that to happen. From now on....if I can't buy it, I don't need it.

Cheers.....and everyone have a GREAT DAY! :thumbup:

Workhorse
02-19-2003, 07:52 AM
Hey Craig, in that pic you're 183? Damn, you look a ton bigger!! I'm extremely impressed!! You're gonna do great man, just keep cookin' those meals and you'll be fine!!

As for the debt thing, I know exactly what you mean, I'm the same way. When I was looking for a ring for Liz, everyone was telling me, just go and buy it, finance it, don't worry, blah blah blah, well that ain't me. I waited a while and saved up all the money to buy it and went it and paid cash. Felt great whippin' out that much bling bling and buying it outright!!

ericg
02-19-2003, 12:46 PM
Love the new pimp/thug avatar !!! Sweet. Now if only you could get a facelift youmay be able to attract some females. JK

BennettBoy
02-19-2003, 04:54 PM
:clap: I did cardio today! Sitting here typing this 30 minutes later I feel great, but I must admit those first 10 minutes just about kicked my tail. I haven't done cardio in a year. I only managed 20 minutes on the bike though. I wanted to do treadmill for 30 minutes but they were all filled up, so I just hopped on a bike and took off. But since I use to coast alot when I rode bics ;) I didn't realize quite how difficult it was to peddle even 20 minutes. Well, it was difficult for me anyway. :rolleyes:

I also managed to tan before my cardio so I got that accomplished as well. Now I have to cook dinner. Damn this stuff never ends does it :p

Here is my diet for the day.

DIET

Meal 1 - Ultramet MRP, 2 Tbsp. natural PB, 1 cup oatmeal (cooked)
Meal 2 - 6 oz. baked chicken breast
Meal 3 - 8 oz. lean hamb. meat, 1.5 cups rice, 1/2 cup green beans
Meal 4 - 6 oz. baked chicken breast
Meal 5 - Ultramet MRP, banana
Meal 6 - will be 5 oz. baked chicken breast, 1/2 sweet potato
Meal 7 - will be 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Ultramet MRP, 1 Tbsp. flax oil

Tomorrow I am doing back/biceps.

That's all folks.

Shankerr
02-19-2003, 04:57 PM
So Craig, how was the tunafish?? tasty I bet, hmmm???

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-19-2003, 05:01 PM
Craig mate, how many weeks till the comp?

BennettBoy
02-19-2003, 05:09 PM
So Craig, how was the tunafish?? tasty I bet, hmmm???

Yeah, so nasty I changed my mind and had chicken instead haha

BennettBoy
02-19-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Workhorse

As for the debt thing, I know exactly what you mean, I'm the same way. When I was looking for a ring for Liz, everyone was telling me, just go and buy it, finance it, don't worry, blah blah blah, well that ain't me. I waited a while and saved up all the money to buy it and went it and paid cash. Felt great whippin' out that much bling bling and buying it outright!!

You did the right thing. I just think new couples entering into marriage do so much better when they are not saddled with so much debt starting out. And it just seems debt leads to less time spent together dating, more time arguing with one another over petty things because of stress, and problems down the road.

Smart move.

BennettBoy
02-19-2003, 05:14 PM
Love the new pimp/thug avatar !!! Sweet. Now if only you could get a facelift youmay be able to attract some females. JK

You like that do ya? Well, I get a new avatar.......yet you get a new bike. Pffft....

BennettBoy
02-19-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Craig mate, how many weeks till the comp?

Robboe, will be 13 weeks out this Saturday I think. I get my bodyfat checked Saturday. I'll post it. Check back and let me know if you think I am on target. If not, I may need some of your diet expertise.

carolinagirl
02-19-2003, 06:38 PM
Sweet work on the cardio. It sucks starting out. Once you get going, though, it's not that bad. Then it's great when it's over!! I will volunteer to harass you about whether you've done your cardio if you promise to come and nag me about mine. We could have sort of a support group. Maybe Cardio-phobes Anonymous? (We could have an intervention for HomeYield!)

I know I sound like a vitamin pimp, but I swear that mega-doses of C help my DOMS. I almost never get really severe DOMS anymore if I take 1-2 grams of C after the workout and 3 more spaced out over the next day.

Oh yeah, I like the new avatar! Guys always look thuggish-but-sexy in those caps. (Like the guy in Animal's ads. Mmm. He's hot.) (Um, I'll stop polluting your journal with all this loose talk of other hot guys now...)

kAiXuan
02-19-2003, 09:23 PM
wheres the thumbs up in your avatar??

WillKuenzel
02-19-2003, 11:13 PM
Congrats on paying off that debt dude!! That's awesome!

Glad to hear you are enjoying that cardio. I used to love bicycle riding. We'd go every year to a place in Virginia and camp and bike for a long weekend. We'd average over 50 miles a day for the 3 days. Now that would be some cardio. *shudders*

*leaves to go beat up a treadmill*

Miss Rezza
02-20-2003, 01:14 AM
Somebody remind me why I thought I wanted to do a competition....:confused:

Because you're a crazy mofo????? :eek:

Ummm, ok (I think i can do better than that..... lemme see.....) how about:

Because it's probably one of the biggest challenges you have ever set yourself........ and it'll be the best feeling ever once you complete it!!

To prove to yourself that you can accomplish any goal you set yourself!!

To experience the thrill of walking onto that stage knowing that you look fvcking awesome!!!

This comp is gonna be one huge highlight in your year.... possibly even in your whole life :eek: (another will be asking that gal out from yer gym!! ;) ) ......... and that's why you wanna do this comp..... right!?!

ermmm, how was that?? ;)

Franjipani
02-20-2003, 01:25 AM
Because you're a crazy mofo????? :eek:

Ummm, ok (I think i can do better than that..... lemme see.....) how about:

Because it's probably one of the biggest challenges you have ever set yourself........ and it'll be the best feeling ever once you complete it!!

To prove to yourself that you can accomplish any goal you set yourself!!

To experience the thrill of walking onto that stage knowing that you look fvcking awesome!!!

This comp is gonna be one huge highlight in your year.... possibly even in your whole life :eek: (another will be asking that gal out from yer gym!! ;) ) ......... and that's why you wanna do this comp..... right!?!

ermmm, how was that?? ;)

:withstupi ......and if that isn't enough....you have some super-dupa-sen-frickin-sational cheerleaders heading your way sunshine;)

Ohhh and guess what?????

You have only 100days to go

Silverback
02-20-2003, 01:49 PM
are you feeling confident bb? im going to look forward to the thought processes in the approaching weeks, should be interesting :) when i decide to compete it could be a useful tool following your experience.

nice job on the cardio and paying off the debts! man can't argue with that, ive got that to look forward to after my universty degree and other exploits.

keep it nice and strict :)

l8r cheif

Franjipani
02-20-2003, 11:34 PM
*drum roll *

.....You have only 99 days to go.... :D :D

BennettBoy
02-21-2003, 06:18 AM
Yesterday was the first time in two weeks since I've done back. Thus, I really enjoyed my workout. I love doing back for some reason. It is my strongest bodypart :)

And I'll go ahead and confess that my friend cooked a fabulous meal last night and invited me over to eat. Well, she had grilled ribeye, tuna, twice baked potatoes, steamed mushrooms, asparagus, steamed squash and zuchini, a ceaser salad and bread. Can you believe it? All that great food. :cool:

Well, I didn't do to bad. I went with the ceasar salad, steak instead of tuna ;) , asparagus, steamed veggies, that wonderful twice baked potato, and a few mushrooms. I had a bit of the tuna just to sample it. Damn good. She surprised me at how great she cooked. So yesterday was a little high on calories, but I'll make up for it today.

Thursday, Feb. 20, 2003
BACK, BICEPS

Underhand grip pulldowns - 80 x 12 (warmup), 100 x 10, 140 x 5, 120 x 8

Nice. Felt good to stretch the ole lats out again.

DB Rows - 70 x 10, 80 x 8, 100 x 5 rs, 4 ls...dammit.

My left side is really pissing me off with these. Form is not 100%, grip is weaker, and left elbow continues to give me some problems with soreness. :mad:

Hammer Lat Pulldowns - 70 x 12, 100 x 7, 90 x 8

Done one hand at a time so I cut the total weight on the machine in half. Had 200 pounds on the machine....felt good LOL.

Hyperextensions - 3 sets x 10 reps.....very slow with pause at top.

I did these since I didn't do deadlifts just to work lower back some.

Wide grip low cable rows - 120 x 8, 140 x 7, 140 x 7

Used long bar and took a wider grip than normal.

I also did 4 sets of bicep work. Just alternating dumbbells stuff and a set of hammer curls. No forearm work today.

DIET

Meal 1 - Ultramet MRP, 2 Tbsp. natural PB, 1 banana
Meal 2 - 6 oz. turkey meat
Meal 3 - salad mix with baked chicken breast. Lowfat ranch.
Meal 4 - Detour Bar
Meal 5 - Detour Bar
Meal 6 - Ultramet MRP
Meal 7 - that feast I spoke about above
Meal 8 - Ultramet MRP

Jesus, too many bars and shakes too! I have to do better than that. I am off to a good start today though :)

Had my usual 8 hours sleep and 7+ liters of water too!!!

I get my bodyfat checked again tomorrow. I am eager...but I weighed yesterday and was like 183 with tennis shoes on so I'm not that optimistic that I'm much improved from 3.5 weeks ago. I know I feel smaller in the waist though. So that's all good. Next week I will try to get my diet around 2500 cal mark. So I will be coming up with a plan for that this weekend.

Kaixuan: I'm still working on being as pimp as you dude ;)

carolinagirl: It's a DEAL. :D We will hold each other accountable for cardio......one time per week haha.

Homeyield: You better get your A$$ on that treadmill boy :p

Miss Rezz: Oh you are so sweet for reminding me. You are correct too.....I have to follow through with this. The only thing I differ with you on is walking on that stage and looking awesome. I'm going to be scared ****less. :help:

Franji: Thank you babe for helping me keep count. I'm 14 weeks out Saturday. And I thought I was 13. YAH me.....one more week will be needed I'm sure.

Big-Ron: Thanks so much for the support. It really means alot.

Coke
02-21-2003, 06:32 AM
Hi Craig,

You know those high calorie days has its place. I must say that I'm getting hungry just reading about that dinner you had from last night. Pretty good back workout inspite of the time lapse since your last session.

Workhorse
02-21-2003, 09:09 AM
Great back workout Craig. Strength is still great even though you're cutting. Looks like you've dropped a few pounds though. Make sure you don't try to cut too fast otherwise you'll lose that precious muscle too. Keep up the great work, your diet lokos good (even though you're taking in all those bars and shakes...lol). Good job!

Silverback
02-21-2003, 11:29 AM
Nice looking back work craig, u is gonna be sore tommorow:) especially after a few weeks off.

Damn that diet is full of bars 'n' shakes your weekly food bill must be out of this world!

keep it intense, as im sure you will :)

carolinagirl
02-21-2003, 11:43 AM
...grilled ribeye, tuna, twice baked potatoes, steamed mushrooms, asparagus, steamed squash and zuchini, a ceaser salad and bread. Can you believe it? All that great food. :cool:

Dang! She must've thought you were bulking! ;)

Sounds like you exercised great restraint though. And your back workout looks killer.

Confession: I didn't run yesterday. :( (I'm going to shoot for 2 days a week, probably Tues/Thurs) You already did your one day this week - I'm already behind!!! Aaaack!

ectx
02-21-2003, 12:01 PM
dude...I read the ribeye quote and that's all I want to eat now. Arrgh.

Great back workout. It's great to see your progress in here as you prep for the show...too bad your in NC otherwise I'd go check it out.

BennettBoy
02-21-2003, 04:21 PM
Rest day today. I did manage to tan though. That makes 2 times this week. I want to try to tan 2 times a week for a while and see how that goes. I'd like to be pretty dark on my own before the show. I just think it will help with color better than applying all that Pro Tan and/or Dream Tan. That reminds me, I have to research that stuff too. I need to get my NPC card and go ahead and register for the show as well. Lots to do! I rather like staying busy though.

Here is a question for those who may know and might read this....Belial, BCC, Yate (LOL, I doubt he reads it), ANYBODY that would know. I guess I will order my posing suits from Jagware, but I don't know about size. Should I order medium or large? I am guessing my waist will end up around 31 inches and I will weigh hopefully around 170. I'm thinking medium. What do you folks think?

I'm going to do shoulders/traps tomorrow morning some time. Also, diet has been good today. But, today is going to be a little low in calories I am afraid. Hopefully after tomorrow morning I can come up with a new plan for the next couple weeks. I guess the bodyfat check will tell the tale.

Cocoa: I agree, sometimes you have to mix things up wioth your diet even when dieting. To be honest, after 3 weeks of dieting I haven't done that bad really. I'd say the only bad choices I made were twice baked potato, ribeye, maybe lean hamburger meat, and hashbrown potato casserole. And that was because my friend and mom cooked that stuff......so I hated not to eat it. :p Thanks for stopping by my journal. I appreciate all the support.

Workhorse: Thanks buddy. Yeah, my back strength is pretty good. I didn't deadlift yesterday because I did squats Monday and my lower back wouldn't have allowed me to do a good job with that yesterday. Honestly, I could do more weight on cable pulls and even pulldowns, but I prefer to keep reps between 6-8 and keep pretty dang good form instead. I just want to lift as heavy as I can leading up to this show.

Big-Ron: You are correct sir. My back and biceps are very sore even as I type this right now. But I love it. :D My calves were sore for 3 days this week. That was unusual. And you are correct, I actually have too many bars somedays. Normally I will do 2-3 MRP's though. I have for 2 years now. I really want to only eat 1 bar daily for now though...and probably none soon.

carolinagirl: Yes, I would love for you to cook when we get together in Durham one day soon I hope. Hey, then I can compare my friends cooking with someone else haha. WHAT? NO CARDIO? You know the deal.....get busy LOL. I just want to say thanks for frequenting (is that a word LOL?) my journal. I can tell you know your stuff and have lots you can offer me and others. I really appreciate your input. Keep coming back LOL.

ectx: Just go get you a ribeye and pig out dude! :cool: Hey, I'm actually in South Carolina though. But I know you knew that and just made a typo haha. So since I'm in SC.....you are free to come LOL.

That's it. I will do shoulders/traps tomorrow morning and try to post my workout then.

p.s. I have 2 friends that want me to go out tonight with them and be their designated driver. I told them I would. I really don't have too much problem resisting alcohol. My friends had wine last night and I had water. :angel: Plus, I owe these guys some favors as they have driven my drunk arse around a few times haha.

Peace.

BennettBoy
02-22-2003, 08:33 AM
Body Fat Update: Not good. :cry: I'm so disappointed.....seriously. 3 weeks of dieting resulted in losing 6.5 pounds and dropping my bodyfat very little. I'm losing more LBM than bodyfat. That is what those damn calipers say anyway.

3.5 weeks ago my bodyfat checked at 11.86% weighing 183.5 lbs. This was checked at 10:00 a.m. and I had eaten breakfast as usual that morning. Today my bodyfat checked at 11.10% weighing 177 pounds. This was checked at 8:00 a.m. and I hadn't had anything to eat or drink since 12:00 p.m. the night before. Could have made some difference in weight I guess. I dunno....I'm just not real happy with the results. I really was hoping to come in at 10% and about 180. So I'm behind and now I need a way to increase LBM while decreasing bodyfat. :p

I wished I could laugh, but now I'm just very confused. The guy said I was still ahead of the game. Yeah, I guess so.....but I just thought I would have decreased my bodyfat a tad more than that and weighed a tad more. I guess the only solice I have is that I still think I'm looking good in the mirror. Hopefully that is what will matter most.

I'll try to post the results later with all the breakdown info on the bodyfat check. I'm going to go work shoulders/traps now. I'm mad.....and need to take it out on some iron.

Oh yeah, one final thing. I've been around 2700 calories for the most part and around 200 grams carbs (give or take a few). This guy said I might want to try to do like 125 for two days and then 500 or so on day 3. Probably a good idea, but then he had the nerve to tell me I needed to start doing cardio on all 3 of my off-training days for 20 minutes. Pfffft. Needless to say, I had a wake-up call today. I think I thought this stuff would be easier for me than this. :cry:

Shankerr
02-22-2003, 10:01 AM
Hey Craig, I attached a pic of the best diet supplement you can get to increase LBM and drop some fat, I'm sure you'll enjoy!!

Just kiddin mate. I wouldn't trust those calipers to much though, I heard they're really only accurate within a few % anyway! Trust more whats in the mirror, you said yourself that you think you look alot leaner, so in reality you probably are, regardless of what the calipers say!

Anyway, don't let it get ya down, you still have lots of time to get down to the right levels!! You'll get there just fine!

Silverback
02-22-2003, 10:18 AM
Dont worry too much Craig,

BF is stubborn and tends to drop in fits and spurts, next week you may dwarf the % lost. Just stick to it and dont do anything drastic, as im sure you know will contribute to alot of lbm being shedded, which you certainly dont want.

lol @ shank:)

keep your head up craig and dont worry too much, relaxation will help alleviate some stress of dieting. One thing is for sure though WBB is 100% right behind you:)

B-R

BennettBoy
02-22-2003, 10:48 AM
Hey Craig, I attached a pic of the best diet supplement you can get to increase LBM and drop some fat, I'm sure you'll enjoy!!

Haha...good one mate! I'm sure it WOULD do the trick. :)

BennettBoy
02-22-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Big-Ron

BF is stubborn and tends to drop in fits and spurts, next week you may dwarf the % lost. Just stick to it and dont do anything drastic, as im sure you know will contribute to alot of lbm being shedded, which you certainly dont want.

Oh I'm not going to change things much. This guy said just play a few games with carbs but said to keep protein as I have been doing around 275-300 grams a day, and fat around 20%. I am thinking seriously though of using udos oil instead of flax seed oil once I finish off this bottle of flax I have. Plus, I need to ditch the bars.

And also I need to get a blend protein like Maki suggested. This guy said that as well.

Shankerr
02-22-2003, 11:06 AM
Ditch the bars.. Ditching the bars is a baa'ad idea, mmmm'kay? They're good for you, and put hair on your chest, mmmm'kay? haha, I don't think they're that bad, just make sure that the carbs are accounted for in your daily diet! Something I found to work for me is to do like a carb shock where I go from a normal diet, normal carbs, and then cut back to about 50g of carbs a day for three or four days. After this, go back up in carbs, jut keep them lower than normal.. I found it kind of gives my body a shock and dumps some fat quick!

Workhorse
02-22-2003, 11:33 AM
Muscle Milk = good blended protein.

I use it before bed every night.. tastes great... 30g of protein. Might be an option... just thought I'd chime in.

Don't worry about the BF. I honestly think you're below 11% by the look of your pics. You look a lot more shredded than 11%. JMHO.

d221
02-22-2003, 11:40 AM
Craig,

I know you were intending on using glutamine but have you started yet?? This may assist you with keeping hold of your muscle mass when dieting.

Cheers

d221

BennettBoy
02-22-2003, 12:09 PM
OK here's the deal:

1-28-03 body composition assessment: 183.5 weight, bodyfat% was 11.86, LBM was 161.74

2-22-03 body composition assessment: 177 weight, bodyfat% was 11.10%, LMB was 157.53

SUMMARY:

My diet/plan must not be working too well!!

:mad:

BennettBoy
02-22-2003, 04:12 PM
Saturday, Feb. 22, 2003
SHOULDERS, TRAPS

Seated DB Overhead Presses - 30 x 12 (warmup), 55 x 8, 75 x 5, 70 x 6, 50 x to failure

I hadn't done these in a while. They felt pretty good actually. 75 sure wasn't easy though.

Cable Upright rows - 100 x 10, 110 x 10, 100 x 8

I think 110 was the most I've ever done on these. And hell, I got 10 reps so I guess I'm still using too light of a weight.

Cybex Side Laterals - 80 x 8, 100 x 7, 100 x 6

Nice. My side delts were screamin' and burnin' after these.

Bent over laterals - 25 x 10, 25 x 10

Hammer Shrugs - 4 plates x 10, 6 plates x 8, 6 plates +50 x 6, 4 plates x to failure

This was the first real shoulder workout I've done in 3 weeks I think. So I rather enjoyed it. I like doing my shoulders anyway.....and my traps have greatly improved since I put them with shoulders and gave more attention to them.

Diet has been so so I guess. I really don't know what I'm doing anymore in regard to it. I got to do alot of work with that tomorrow and then go grocery shopping. I can see my diet is really going to have to be tightened up.

I am now wondering if I am doing the right thing by getting my bodyfat checked every 2 weeks (I have another scheduled for 2 weeks). All it served to do today was set me back and confuse the hell out of me. Then again, maybe it is best to know the facts. I hope to have a better diet plan tomorrow though consisting of approx. 2600 calories still aiming around 45% protein, 35% carbs and 20% fat. I just need better carb choices and I plan to try to cycle my carbs a little from now on.

Finally, I think I am going to do cardio and ab work 2-3 times a week now as well. Will try to tan on this day as well.

Workhorse: I'd like to think it is wrong, but I'm just carrying too much fat in my stomach area that is messin' up the average LOL. :D Seriously, even if the figure is off a tad, it was so close to the same thing 3.5 weeks ago that I got to believe it is close.
You know it kind of reaffirms my belief that most folks are clueless about bodyfat and are carrying WAY more than they want to admit too LOL.

d221: Yes I ordered some things online almost 2 weeks ago including glutamine and Detour Bars haha and it hasn't come. I'm calling them Monday. Maybe UPS want leave it at the door. I don't know, but if I don't have the glutamine by Tuesday, I'll buy some locally until I get my order. I wasn't that concerned about it until around 12 week mark, but by then I may be down to 170 and still sittin' at 11% bodyfat if I don't do something quick!

Maki Riddington
02-22-2003, 07:22 PM
I don't think that the "muscle milk" is a good pre bedtime shake.

My suggestion is to take a hard look at your diet and get rid of all simple sugars in your diet. The bars should be gone and as well as the meal replacements. If anything just use a blended protein. I'm assuming the maltodextrin is the main source of carbs in the meal replacements?

I also would start to adjust your carb intake in accordance to your workouts. In other words, 30 grams of carbs postworkout on arm day won't suffice on leg day. Make sense?
Anyways, these are just some breif thoughts, I don't want to sound like I'm telling you what to do.

carolinagirl
02-22-2003, 10:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your bf woes. :(

Did the same guy do the measurements both times? Different people can get pretty different results (some pinch harder than others, etc.)

If you feel leaner and look leaner I wouldn't sweat it too much. Especially with 14 (right?) weeks to go. I think you still have plenty of time to make moderate changes and see what happens in a couple weeks.

I hate to tell you this, but from stuff I've read, men have a much easier time dropping bf from adding cardio (as long as diet's in line).

I can't imagine that cycling carbs can do anything but help in keeping your metabolism on its toes though - especially if you do it the way Maki suggested (around training schedule).

Just tweak some things a little and see what works for you - I'm 100% sure that you're going to get it nailed down in a week or two. (And if you want me to, I'll even cross-my-heart-and-hope-to-die promise to do cardio 3 x a week so that you know there's somebody out there suffering right along with you. :angel: )

Franjipani
02-23-2003, 12:14 AM
Just tweak some things a little and see what works for you - I'm 100% sure that you're going to get it nailed down in a week or two.

I agree with this.... don't be too disheartened hon, its all coming together for you and there is still plenty of time to tweak stuff...

You know exactly what you are doing...just TRUST in yourself and keep at it.:thumbup:.

Ohh and you have 97 days to go...:D :D.

Pup
02-23-2003, 07:03 AM
First, don't get too discouraged, you can tweak a few things in the diet and it will be fine, i strongly recommend against dropping all the supplemental forms of protein, no way in hell you can get enough protein from food alone.

Second, cardio isn't evil, and you have to do it to get lean enough, that's just the way it is, if you don't want to run for 20-30 min 3x/week you don't have to, but you had better incorporate some interval training into your training scheme, talk to PMDL about this, he's the interval training guru.

Lastly, if you lost 5lbs of LBM in 2 weeks of dieting, there is a reason you are going catabolic, take a close look at EFA intake and amount of garbage carbs you are ingesting.

keep your eyes on the prize craig!

inspiringpecs
02-23-2003, 07:37 AM
i have heard that circuit training is very benefical,,,, maybe try that for a few weeks as well,, if running isn't your thing,,,,just a suggestion:)

BennettBoy
02-23-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
I don't think that the "muscle milk" is a good pre bedtime shake.

My suggestion is to take a hard look at your diet and get rid of all simple sugars in your diet. The bars should be gone and as well as the meal replacements. If anything just use a blended protein. I'm assuming the maltodextrin is the main source of carbs in the meal replacements?

I also would start to adjust your carb intake in accordance to your workouts. In other words, 30 grams of carbs postworkout on arm day won't suffice on leg day. Make sense?
Anyways, these are just some breif thoughts, I don't want to sound like I'm telling you what to do.

Maki, first of all, I am very open to suggestion.....I just really don't want to bug knowledgeable folks constantly for their opinions so that is kind of why I haven't asked alot of questions. I thought I could do it my way....LOL, but it isn't working too well. I'm just glad I have 14 weeks to get it right.

You are correct. Detour Bars are not going to be a mainstay anymore in my diet. I'm not saying I will not have one here and there when I'm rushed and on the go and need quick protein.

By the way, Ultramet MRP claims to consist of ion-exchange whey protein isolate, calcium caseinate, milk protein caseinate, egg albumen, blah blah. Bottom line, I believe I am going to purchase a blend for sure when I finish off these last 8 packs of this Ultramet I have on hand now.

And please feel free to offer your advice. You are far more knowledgeable than I am about dieting and training. In fact I should have followed your advice 2-3 weeks ago about using a blend and adding more oats to my diet. :mad:

BennettBoy
02-23-2003, 08:07 AM
I feel GREAT today! I awoke with a new outlook on things. Today is the FIRST day of getting things right towards preparation of my first bobybuilding contest. Yesterday was surely a wake-up call to me. This stuff isn't as easy as I had hoped, but I guess if it were that easy alot more folks would be doing it. Sure it is hard! Anything with pursuing worthwhile though takes work. So.......new diet, more cardio, new zeal......equals RIPPED Craig in 14 weeks. But small Craig LOL.

Thanks for all the support first of all from all my WBB folks. I really appreciate all the comments and suggestions. I'll be putting together a new diet today around 2600 calories hoping to acheive the following:

2600 calories:

1300 calories = 50% protein (325 grams a day)
780 calories = 30% carbs (195 grams a day)
520 calories = 20% fats (58 grams daily)

The only protein I will consume now will be chicken breasts, turkey breasts, tuna, egg whites, cottage cheese, salmon, and protein supplements.

The only carbs I will consume will be oats, sweet potato, brown rice, green veggies (brocolli, salad mix, green beans, peas) and carbs in blended protein mix. I may allow myself a banana or apple for a while after working out. I will cycle these 200 carbs such that I have 150 on day 1, 200 on day 2 and 250 on day 3 and then repeat.

All fats will consist of whatever is in the above foods plus natural peanut butter, flax seed oil and udos oil.

By Tuesday I will be using whey protein, blended protein, udos, flax, glutamine, mutli's, ECA, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Zinc.

I will start TODAY with 20 minutes of cardio. My plan is to use the treadmill at 4.0 mph inclined at 10-15 degrees. In the last 5 minutes I will do some all out sprints of like 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds and continue. Abs will be done on cardio day. I'll probably do 6-9 sets abs each time varying my workouts and exercises. I hope to tan on these days as well.

I'll hit on something that will work and start shedding bodyfat as opposed to LBM. Hopefully, if I work hard enough I can put back on some LBM in the next 14 weeks as well....though that may be a stretch.

I'll post a sample diet plan later today. PLEASE PLEASE feel free to rip it apart or offer changes I could make. I'm all ears at this point haha. Thanks folks.

edited: added cottage cheese and egg whites which I overlooked.

BennettBoy
02-23-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Pup

Lastly, if you lost 5lbs of LBM in 2 weeks of dieting, there is a reason you are going catabolic, take a close look at EFA intake and amount of garbage carbs you are ingesting.

LOL, haha. I know, not enough good EFA and way too much trash carbs.

Thanks Pup.

And please keep checking behind me and letting me know where I am failing. It is much appreciated.

BennettBoy
02-23-2003, 08:11 AM

I agree with this.... don't be too disheartened hon, its all coming together for you and there is still plenty of time to tweak stuff...

You know exactly what you are doing...just TRUST in yourself and keep at it.:thumbup:.

Ohh and you have 97 days to go...:D :D.

Thanks Franji. Only 97 days.....:eek:

*rushes to gym to do cardio* :D

BennettBoy
02-23-2003, 08:14 AM
(And if you want me to, I'll even cross-my-heart-and-hope-to-die promise to do cardio 3 x a week so that you know there's somebody out there suffering right along with you. :angel: )

Ah, how sweet to offer. ;) Nope...I'll do 3 times a week and you stick with 1. I'm going to make Homeyield do the other 2 cardio sessions. :eek:

Silverback
02-23-2003, 08:20 AM
Diet looks just about spot on as far as ratio's and choices are concerned, maybe add some lean beef for vit b6 as it is hard to obtain otherwise, oh and eggs they too are a good source.

Are you using creatine? if not then it could be a good idea, because you could retain more strength and mass when dieting. Just a few ideas to throw in the mixer:)

im sure you will be fine, you sound like you have the determination to pull it off.

WillKuenzel
02-23-2003, 08:22 AM

Ah, how sweet to offer. ;) Nope...I'll do 3 times a week and you stick with 1. I'm going to make Homeyield do the other 2 cardio sessions. :eek: Whoa, whoa, whoa!! I didn't agree to that. You better be bringing a hefty crowbar to get me to do 2 cardio sessions a year, much less a week. :p

Keep up the motivation Craig! You're doing great. You've still got plenty of time. Take a good long look at your diet and you'll be set. You're training is great. Get the diet squared away and you'll be golden. Keep pumping!

BennettBoy
02-23-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Big-Ron
Diet looks just about spot on as far as ratio's and choices are concerned, maybe add some lean beef for vit b6 as it is hard to obtain otherwise, oh and eggs they too are a good source.

Are you using creatine? if not then it could be a good idea, because you could retain more strength and mass when dieting. Just a few ideas to throw in the mixer:)

im sure you will be fine, you sound like you have the determination to pull it off.

Big-Ron, egg whites were added. I just overlooked that.

Hmmm, the guy yesterday that checked my bodyfat suggested creatine right up to show too. That is contradictory to everything I had ever heard though.

Anybody else have a suggestion on creatine? And give your reasons please.

BennettBoy
02-23-2003, 09:03 AM
I'm going to post my diet early today and just update it and try to see what I can come up with. Also, I'm going to get up 15 minutes earlier from now on and have 7 egg whites (1 yolk), 1/2 cup oats, and 1 scoop whey (not MRP) for my first feeding from now on. I need eggs in my diet and this is the only way I can get them.

DIET:

Meal 1 - Ultramet MRP (only have like 8 more packs), 2 Tbsp natty PB
Meal 2 - 7 egg whites (1 yolk), 1/ 2 cup oats
Meal 3 - 40 grams whey, 1 apple
Meal 4 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 cup broccoli
Meal 5 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 cup broccoli
Meal 6 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Ultramet MRP, 10 grams flax

Also, what would you guys suggest I have after doing my cardio......just whey protein and glutamine.....or what? Thanks.

carolinagirl
02-23-2003, 09:47 AM
Your new plans sound right on, Craig. And you sound really fired up and motivated.

Other people may disagree with me on this, but I am a big fan of Berardi's food combining theories (eating your meals either as protein + fat OR protein + carbs, but never significant carbs + significant fat at the same time.) He suggests three P+C meals (M1, preworkout, postworkout) and the other three as P+F. (Ideally, you train in the morning and the P+C meals are the first three of the day.) He theorizes that the insulin response to the carbs stimulates fat storage if there are significant FFA's in the bloodstream.

It's just one more little piece of the puzzle, but I've been having pretty good success with it so far. It's another thing that you may want to consider in your tweakings. (Also, I get sick of just broccoli pretty quick - you may want to cook up a whole mess of collards too - WITHOUT the country ham, unfortunately, for now! - as another alternative for the fibrous carbs. And steamed cabbage is good too.)

Wish I could help you out on the post-cardio feeding question - there's a lot of discussion about carbs/no carbs and I really haven't made up my mind what I think. I think a lot depends on what time of day you're doing it, though.

That bodyfat's getting ready to get a whuppin'!!!

Isaac Wilkins
02-23-2003, 09:55 AM
I don't know if I've stopped by and posted before, but I've enjoyed reading your journals. Best of luck at this show, man! You look good already, and you have plenty of time!

Are you thinking about the occasional refeed? Every couple of weeks taking in a solid surplus of calories for a day, perhaps? It might keep things going if you stall.

Oh yeah, and: :thumbup:

Pup
02-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Post-cardio some glutamine and whey is fine, you aren't breaking down the muscle fibers so the post-workout insulin spike stuff would be pointless.

I personally believe that 50g of fat may be a bit low off the start, with em that low you had better make damn sure those EFAs are the main source of fat, no transfatty acids.

Your carb sources look good, just don't paint yourself in a corner to where you make everything bland and boring, 3 months of boring makes you go crazy and inevitably take major cheats. BTW, experiment with jasmine and basmati rice, nice alternatives to normal brown rice...if you like fried rice i have a dieter friendly alternative to the fat and crap carb laden varieties.

Maki Riddington
02-23-2003, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pup
[B]Post-cardio some glutamine and whey is fine, you aren't breaking down the muscle fibers so the post-workout insulin spike stuff would be pointless.

*** This would depend on the type of cardio. If it were HIIT then it is my belief that some sort of shake should be included. At this kind of intensity, insulin concentrations will increase in the blood and cortisol levels will go through the roof. Especially as you get closer to your max heart rate. There are other things that occur but I think the main two points that I mentioned are the important ones. Basically I believe that supplementing with a shake of some sort after a intense anaerobic session is vital. It's ensuring that your body approaches an anabolic state in a less amount of time as opposed to if you simply ate or waited till your next meal.

BennettBoy
02-23-2003, 04:22 PM
BUSTIN' ASS 97 DAYS OUT

Sunday, Feb. 23, 2003

Daily Thoughts:

Very good day today. I did my ab work, cardio work, came up with another diet I hope will be sound, I got my grocery shopping done, tanned, and now all I have left to do is practice a little posing and cook alot of food. Tomorrow morning I'm buying Human Development Tech. Pro-Blend 55, some glutamine and some udos oil. I got my fish oil caps today. I got flax on-hand. So I plan to get some really good EFA's now.

Weight-Training:

none today. Legs tomorrow.

Ab/Cardio Training:

Decline-bench crunches - 3 sets x 15 reps
Hanging Leg Raises - 3 sets x 12 reps
Cable crunches - 120 lbs. x 3 sets x 12 reps

I did 20 minutes on the treadmill for my cardio. The first 15 minutes I did 4.0 mph inclined 10 degrees. The last 5 minutes I jogged at 6.0 mph flat.

Daily Diet:

Meal 1 - Ultramet MRP (only have like 8 more packs), 2 Tbsp natty PB
Meal 2 - 7 egg whites (1 yolk), 1/ 2 cup oats
Meal 3 - 40 grams whey, 1 apple
Meal 4 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 cup broccoli
Meal 5 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 cup broccoli, 5 fish oil caps
Meal 6 - will be 1 can tuna, 5 grams flax, 1 egg white mixed
Meal 7 - will be 1/2 cottage cheese, Ultramet MRP, 10 grams flax

New diet starts tomorrow.

Water:

8 Liters easily

Sleep:

12 hours last night. :eek:

Rants:

None today. Very productive day and didn't run into any idiots LOL.

Thanks to all who have offered advice and support.

Cheers.

SWOLE
02-23-2003, 06:21 PM
nice diet!!! very strict, i commend you on being so well organized. I wish i could be as dedicated as you. but i guess those 97 days will creep up faster than you think, good luck with your prep work!!!

Franjipani
02-24-2003, 03:42 AM
Everything is looking top notch today Bennett....so without further ado........

You have 96 days to go :D :cool: :D

BennettBoy
02-24-2003, 09:48 AM
Busy day so far today. I'm busy at work and I'm trying to sneak a few minutes here and there to pick up the supplements I need. I talked to they guy who competes and sells supplements a few minutes ago and told him I needed his help with my posing and putting together a posing routine. He said sure and gave me his cell phone number. Whew.....that make's me feel better. :) The posing is my biggest scare and fear right now.

I also showed him my diet and he had me make a couple of changes. Plus he suggested I eat all the carbs in my diet 4 days and then just add 200 or so to carb up every 4th day. So I will do that. The only other suggestion he made was that I take creatine up to show time so I guess I will do it. I've never really seen much results with creatine but he said it might help with my strength. Along those same lines he had me add a sweet potato to my lunch so I have two good carb meals before training.

I have attached the updated diet below. The only calories not figured into my diet are glutamine and creatine and I will adjust add those figures in later. It's not going to change the totals really enough to worry over I don't think.

BennettBoy
02-24-2003, 09:53 AM
Couple of quick tricep shots. First from left side. Needs work I can tell.

BennettBoy
02-24-2003, 09:54 AM
Last one from right side.

Cheers!

ericg
02-24-2003, 10:35 AM
Nice tri shots man. gotta love the horseshoes. schweeet.

WillKuenzel
02-24-2003, 11:22 AM
Geez you have some thick tri's. Very nice vascularity too!

Shankerr
02-24-2003, 12:08 PM
When did your sister come over and do some tricep poses for ya?? She looks hot in those pics!!

Shankerr
02-24-2003, 12:09 PM
Your vascularity looks pretty damn good actually! Triceps are lookin thick as well!

Relentless
02-24-2003, 12:21 PM
I can understand your concern about the creatine... my understanding is that it makes you retain water, at least somewhat, which may not be so good for the immediate pre-show water loss bit when you'll need to cut sodium to the bone, etc., and get that last bit of cut set up.

you might want to try posting in the supps forum with that specific question

Silverback
02-24-2003, 12:37 PM
Jeez your vascularity is looking superb already! and dont sweat about ur triceps for me they look pretty damn fine, and they will cut up further in no time.

diet also looks tidy, keep it tight bro

Maki Riddington
02-24-2003, 05:08 PM
BB excellent triceps!!! I'm posting the info here instead of my journal since you asked me a question.

Here are a couple abstracts to read.

Early postexercise muscle glycogen recovery is enhanced with a carbohydrate-protein supplement.

Ivy JL, Goforth HW Jr, Damon BM, McCauley TR, Parsons EC, Price TB.

Exercise Physiology and Metabolism Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology and Health Education, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA.

In the present study, we tested the hypothesis that a carbohydrate-protein (CHO-Pro) supplement would be more effective in the replenishment of muscle glycogen after exercise compared with a carbohydrate supplement of equal carbohydrate content (LCHO) or caloric equivalency (HCHO). After 2.5 +/- 0.1 h of intense cycling to deplete the muscle glycogen stores, subjects (n = 7) received, using a rank-ordered design, a CHO-Pro (80 g CHO, 28 g Pro, 6 g fat), LCHO (80 g CHO, 6 g fat), or HCHO (108 g CHO, 6 g fat) supplement immediately after exercise (10 min) and 2 h postexercise. Before exercise and during 4 h of recovery, muscle glycogen of the vastus lateralis was determined periodically by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Exercise significantly reduced the muscle glycogen stores (final concentrations: 40.9 +/- 5.9 mmol/l CHO-Pro, 41.9 +/- 5.7 mmol/l HCHO, 40.7 +/- 5.0 mmol/l LCHO). After 240 min of recovery, muscle glycogen was significantly greater for the CHO-Pro treatment (88.8 +/- 4.4 mmol/l) when compared with the LCHO (70.0 +/- 4.0 mmol/l; P = 0.004) and HCHO (75.5 +/- 2.8 mmol/l; P = 0.013) treatments. Glycogen storage did not differ significantly between the LCHO and HCHO treatments. There were no significant differences in the plasma insulin responses among treatments, although plasma glucose was significantly lower during the CHO-Pro treatment. These results suggest that a CHO-Pro supplement is more effective for the rapid replenishment of muscle glycogen after exercise than a CHO supplement of equal CHO or caloric content.

Which leads to this abstract......

Timing of amino acid-carbohydrate ingestion alters anabolic response of muscle to resistance exercise.

Tipton KD, Rasmussen BB, Miller SL, Wolf SE, Owens-Stovall SK, Petrini BE, Wolfe RR.

Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77550, USA. ktipton@utmb.edu

The present study was designed to determine whether consumption of an oral essential amino acid-carbohydrate supplement (EAC) before exercise results in a greater anabolic response than supplementation after resistance exercise. Six healthy human subjects participated in two trials in random order, PRE (EAC consumed immediately before exercise), and POST (EAC consumed immediately after exercise). A primed, continuous infusion of L-[ring-(2)H(5)]phenylalanine, femoral arteriovenous catheterization, and muscle biopsies from the vastus lateralis were used to determine phenylalanine concentrations, enrichments, and net uptake across the leg. Blood and muscle phenylalanine concentrations were increased by approximately 130% after drink consumption in both trials. Amino acid delivery to the leg was increased during exercise and remained elevated for the 2 h after exercise in both trials. Delivery of amino acids (amino acid concentration times blood flow) was significantly greater in PRE than in POST during the exercise bout and in the 1st h after exercise (P < 0.05). Total net phenylalanine uptake across the leg was greater (P = 0.0002) during PRE (209 +/- 42 mg) than during POST (81 +/- 19). Phenylalanine disappearance rate, an indicator of muscle protein synthesis from blood amino acids, increased after EAC consumption in both trials. These results indicate that the response of net muscle protein synthesis to consumption of an EAC solution immediately before resistance exercise is greater than that when the solution is consumed after exercise, primarily because of an increase in muscle protein synthesis as a result of increased delivery of amino acids to the leg.

Basically, taking in a pre workout shake can help decrease fatigue and keep your blood sugar levels steady. Not to mention the timing is alot more efficient as opposed to ingesting just a postworkout shake. Fianlly with a pre workout shake you will be increasing insulin levels (theoretically speaking, then again all if not most of bodybuilding is based on theory) which inturn will deliver the nutrients to the cells. So taking two shakes and even sipping on a carbohydrate drink throughout your workout is basically ensuring that the nutrients are going to be delivered effectively to the cells. I have combed through the research and so far this seems to be the optimal method. Just my opinion.

BennettBoy
02-24-2003, 05:45 PM
BUSTIN' ASS 96 DAYS OUT

Monday, Feb. 24 2003

Daily Thoughts:

Today was a really busy day! I'm finally getting to sit down a few minutes to relax. I was very busy at work and didn't get nearly everything done I needed to get done. So that just means tomorrow will be busy too. I did manage to get some glutamine, HDT Pro-Blend 55, Udos Oil, and EAS Simply Whey. All together totalled $96.00, so I guess it wasn't so bad. I could have oredered cheaper maybe online, but my last order still hasn't come yet and that was placed almost 2 weeks ago...ARGH! Oh well, I got more glutamine coming....and Detour Bars (which I can't eat now). :D I still am pondering whether to take creatine or not, so I didn't buy that yet. I may start that at 12 weeks out if I decide to take it.

Weight-Training: Quads, Hamstrings, and Calves

Squats - 135 x 10, 225 x 8, 315 x 5, 335 x 4, 275 x 6

Didn't really feel too strong with these today, but did manage some good sets of 315 and 335 anyway.

Front Squats - 135 x 10, 185 x 5, 135 x 6

I'm going to keep doing these each week I think. I keep my feet about 6 inches apart and go completely ATF and do these really slow with perfect form. I did lean forward just a tad too much on the last 2 reps of 185. I'll have to watch that.

SLDL's - 135 x 8, 225 x 6, 225 x 5

I'm still not very good with these, but I didn't round my back today any and felt a great stretch in my hammies....so hopefully mission accomplished.

Leg Curls - 100 x 8, 100 x 6

Just to make sure I worked my hamstrings enough :)

Leg Press dropset :

14 plates + 70 lbs. x 5 reps
12 plates + 70 lbs. x 4 reps
10 plates + 70 lbs. x 6 reps
8 plates + 70 lbs. x 6 reps
6 plates + 70 lbs. x 7 reps
4 plates + 70 lbs. x 10 reps

And there you have it.

Leg Extensions - 100 x 8, 100 x 7, 100 x 6

I was completely shot those last 2 sets. I tried to squeeze every rep as hard as I could while doing these really slow.

Half-seated calf raises - 320 x 10. 320 x 9, 320 x 9

A half-assed attempt to work calves to say the least. I will probably do calves again like Thursday or Friday before cardio.

Total workout was 65 minutes.

Ab/Cardio Training:

none today.

Daily Diet:

Meal 1 - 20 grams EAS Simply Whey, 7 egg whites (1 yolk), 1/2 cup oats, 1 Multi-vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 40 I.U. Vitamin E, 2 ECA's
Meal 2 - can tuna, 10 grams flax oil, 1 egg white
Meal 3 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 1 sweet potato, 5 fish oil caps, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 4 - 1 serving HDT Pro-Blend 55, 1 pkg. instant oatmeal, 10 grams glutamine, 2 ECA's
Meal 5 - 8 oz. grapejuice, 10 grams glutamine, 40 grams EAS Simply Whey, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 6 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 sweet potato, 1 cup broccoli, 5 grams udos oil
Meal 7 - will be 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 serving HDT Pro-Blend 55, 5 grams udos oil, 50 mg. zinc

I'm mighty proud of myself today. I was perfect with my diet and I really believe I've hit on something I can stick with. I VOW to be perfect for 2 weeks with this diet until I get my bodyfat checked again.

Water:

7 Liters...maybe a tad more.

Sleep:

8 hours

Rants:

My only rant today is this one guy that continually tries to talk to me in the gym (thank God he only works out 1-2 days a week) and wants to hold me up. He is a semi-friend, but he isn't serious about training.

SWOLE: Well, it looks good on paper I hope...now I have to put it to work and be perfect with this diet. Thanks man and keep checking in.

ericg: Thanks dude!

Homeyield: Really appreciate it man. I will say my vascularity is solid in my arms and shoulders. Hopefully the rest will come out some as I shed some bodyfat.

Shane: Hey, I got to keep up with you mate!

Big-Ron: A big thanks to ya bro!

Maki: Thanks for that info. I'll really read through it later tonight when my mind can focus on all those numbers LOL. Seriously, I do appreciate your input. And hope you keep putting in your insight on things you see I might be doing wrong.

That's it foos.

I'm beat. My legs are already killing me (from the cardio), and my abs are more sore than they have been in 1 year I think. I woke them up again yesterday with those 9 sets of abdominal work haha.

edit: HOLY CRAP! I forgot to include the most brutal thing I did for legs today....leg dropset. I read back over it and said this don't look right. Haha. See above.

Shankerr
02-24-2003, 05:54 PM
Since you can't eat those detours and all, I'll be sending you my adress, feel free to just send them right up to me, I'll give 'em a good home! I mean, no point in having them around to tempt you!

nice training and super slick diet today to dude!

Mik
02-24-2003, 06:51 PM

My only rant today is this one guy that continually tries to talk to me in the gym (thank God he only works out 1-2 days a week) and wants to hold me up. He is a semi-friend, but he isn't serious about training.

That's a tough one Craig. You just have to be polite and up front with him. Let him know how serious you are when it comes to training and your time in the gym is precious. Good luck.

Great work with the diet by the way!

carolinagirl
02-24-2003, 07:01 PM
Hey, how did I get behind? I just saw the new pics. WOW!!
:drooling: :drooling: :drooling: Seriously, your definition and vascularity are really looking great! (What I could see of the rest of you looks good too... :drooling:.. *ahem*)

Diet looks really tight - good for you sticking to it perfectly. Great work on the cardio too! ;) (I ran today. I hope you got the long-distance vibes I was sending you - they said "Craig, you damn well better be suffering right now too! ;) )

SWOLE
02-24-2003, 08:04 PM
You look like a stud in those pics! (in a non-gay way) You already look really lean and shouldnt have a problem getting down to your BF% goal. I hope I look like you someday
*goes and cries in a corner*

Franjipani
02-24-2003, 09:29 PM
I'm mighty proud of myself today. I was perfect with my diet and I really believe I've hit on something I can stick with. I VOW to be perfect for 2 weeks with this diet until I get my bodyfat checked again.

Urrrm, yeah, what CGirl said....;)

Diet is lookin rather fabuloso actually :)

....you have 95 days to go:D :D

carolinagirl
02-25-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Callahan
I can understand your concern about the creatine... my understanding is that it makes you retain water, at least somewhat, which may not be so good for the immediate pre-show water loss bit when you'll need to cut sodium to the bone, etc., and get that last bit of cut set up.

you might want to try posting in the supps forum with that specific question

Yeah - some people (me:) yay!) don't visibly retain water on it at all, some do. You probably already know how whether you do or not.

Also, you may want to go to www.chadnicholls.net and ask that question. (Lots of pros are on there and will answer questions, and Chad's a pretty famous contest prep guy.)

BennettBoy
02-25-2003, 05:45 AM
Real quick before I forget:

song of the morning: "Fever of The Flavor".

Damn, I already forgot the artist. :D Something Cop.

Love it haha!!!

d221
02-25-2003, 06:34 AM
Im a member over at the chad nicols site it has been very helpful.

SM-2
02-25-2003, 07:16 AM
Hi BB,
I've been around this site for a few month's and have gotten alot of helpful info from alot of people here. I've been working out of and on since I was 18 and I'm 35 now, but over the last few month's I have gotten serious about my training and I have to say that after reading your journal and what you had to say about chasing your dreams or making thing's happen for yourself has made me want to do the same. I am starting a new workout routine March 1st and will continue to work hard and transform myself into the person and body that I've alway's wanted.
By the way you look awsome and keep up the good work..
I will post some before and after pic's after my cycle.......
Sorry so long..................

WillKuenzel
02-25-2003, 07:23 AM
My only rant today is this one guy that continually tries to talk to me in the gym (thank God he only works out 1-2 days a week) and wants to hold me up. He is a semi-friend, but he isn't serious about training.The same thing goes on in the mornings where I workout. The guys use the time to get together and chat. Normally I start heading towards the weights and I tell him to hold on just a second and do my set. If he's willing to wait then that's cool but if someone is trying to talk to me and its time to lift again, I head that way and make it obvious that's what I'm going to do. If he still wants to talk, just pardon yourself for a bit and tell him to hold on.

Distractions are just another obstacle to overcome. Be friendly but firm.

edit: HOLY CRAP! I forgot to include the most brutal thing I did for legs today....leg dropset. I read back over it and said this don't look right. Haha. See above.LOL, you were probably trying to forget them. Nice leg day!

Workhorse
02-25-2003, 08:00 AM
Leg workout looks really good Craig. Since I started seeing you do those leg press dropsets I've done them a few times and they rock. Everything is still looking great, your diet is really good. Thanks for the tips in my journal on my diet, we'll see what I can do. 95 days hey... you'll have no problems!!

Silverback
02-25-2003, 03:03 PM
Your not going to be walking tommorow craig!

sweet leg work, are you feeling any difference in your training strength now that youve been dieting for a while?

oh and when you say 4 plates, what weight is a plate 50lbs? sorry but ive always heard the term, but never stopped to think about what weight they yield.

brutal.

ectx
02-25-2003, 03:15 PM
I'm pondering doing that dropset today. Looks brutal Craig. Pics continue to look impressive...oh an one more thing....North Carolina...South Carolina...PFFT...It's all the same...both fit in an area smaller than the King Ranch. :p

Pup
02-25-2003, 04:41 PM
Leg session looks insane, i got mine tomorrow.

Diet is looking superb, way to kick it in the ass.

BennettBoy
02-25-2003, 05:11 PM
BUSTIN' ASS 95 DAYS OUT

Tuesday, Feb. 25 2003

Daily Thoughts:

OUCH...I'm sore. I swear to pete, I woke my abs up Sunday when I did abs. They had been laying dormant for quite some time. :D And my legs are absolutely so sore they almost hurt to touch. But I love it...in a sick kind of way. :cool:

Work was very busy again today. I felt quite productive! I am afraid everybody is now of the belief I'm a complete idiot. I mean since I can't always control my work schedule, I'm having to carry all my meals around in this big bag. And when I'm at a branch office I put it in their refrigerator. :) Slick huh? But of course all the questions are starting to be asked about what I'm doing. Am I on the Atkins Diet? Am I doing powerlifting? Nobody really acts like they know what a bodybuilding show is hehe. IDIOTS!!!

And if all that weren't enough, I was talking to this big dude (tall, kind of big but not wide) who is ripped pretty good right now and asked him were he going to do the competition. He said yeah in April and June. I said not here in Columbia? He said, nah....I know better than to get on stage with all those druggies. What the hell have I done gone and gotten myself into? :eek: Geez, I fear I will be a complete fool before this is all over. :p But, there's no turning back now for me...whatever will be will be.

So let me quit rambling and give you my chest workout for the day.

Weight-Training: Chest

Hammer Chest Press - 90 x 12 (warmup), 180 x 10, 230 x 8, 250 x 7, 180 x 8

Switched up today and decided not to do flat dumbbells. Was going to try for 6 plates but stopped at 250 instead. Wanted to pump out some good DB incline presses.

DB Incline Presses - 50 x 12 (warmup), 90 x 5, 85 x 5, 75 x 8

90's are getting really heavy.....but still I feel pretty good about my strength so far. Still pretty much working with my top weights for most lifts.

Peck Deck - 120 x 10, 120 x 8, 110 x 8

I think I need to keep doing these. I believe I get more out of these than I do cable crossovers.

Hammer Wide Chest - 180 x 10, 270 x 8, 230 x 7

I was going to finish with weighted dips but I did one set of dips with bw and I knew my shoulders weren't up to that at the time. So I finished with wide chest work and got a real good stretch doing each rep really slow and concentrating on squeezing my pecs. Had a great pump. ;)

That was it for chest today. I could have done another exercise but I opted for 6 sets of tricep work instead. I am not going to list it....just pushdowns and cable overheads.

Ab/Cardio Training:

none today.

Daily Diet:

Meal 1 - 20 grams EAS Simply Whey, 7 egg whites (1 yolk), 1/2 cup oats, 1 Multi-vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 40 I.U. Vitamin E, 2 ECA's
Meal 2 - can tuna, 10 grams flax oil, 1 egg white, 1 cup green beans
Meal 3 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 1 sweet potato, 1/2 cup broccoli, 5 fish oil caps, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 4 - 1 serving HDT Pro-Blend 55, 1 pkg. instant oatmeal, 10 grams glutamine, 2 ECA's
Meal 5 - 8 oz. grapejuice, 10 grams glutamine, 40 grams EAS Simply Whey, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 6 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 sweet potato, 1 cup broccoli, 5 grams udos oil
Meal 7 - will be 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 serving HDT Pro-Blend 55, 5 grams udos oil, 50 mg. zinc

Diet was just like yesterday but I added some green beans to Meal 2 and a tad of broccoli to Meal 3. One thing is for sure, I'm so hungry when eating time comes.....I don't worry about what I'm getting to eat. :D

carolinagirl: Your too kind. I think I caught wind of those long-distance vibes during the middle of my leg press dropset yesterday. :D

d221: Thanks, if I ever get time to sit at my desk a while while I'm working I plan to check out Chad's site.

SM-2: I wish you the best of luck man in achieving your goals. You are NEVER too old to start training. I didn't start until I was 39. I never started out with the intention of getting big (not that I am big now), but it all just kind of evolved after I starting seeing some gains take place. But I'll be honest, I think I have finally realized my long-term goal isn't to be this huge person but to rather be this fit old dude that has a decent body and is in good shape. My next goal after this show is to get to 190 lbs. at 8% year round. That will take some time, so it is a nice goal. I feel better at 190 and under. And I have even decided I am going to keep doing cardio now as I really need it at my age.

SWOLE: I appreciate the compliments bro! Keep pumpin'.

Homeyield: I agree....friendly but firm.

Workhorse: The leg press dropset is brutal. I just wished I could do a little more weight with it.

Big-Ron: I am very sore today...but I love it LOL. I really still feel quite strong right now. Now for how long....dunno.

ectx: Yeah, but alot of states would fit inside Texas haha.

Pup: Thanks bro! Next weekend I'm going to Florence to check out a show. Can't wait. I'll see what I'm up against with 12 weeks left at that point.

That's all folks. I'm going to try to relax a bit, wash some clothes and watch my posing tape again.

Peace.

Shankerr
02-25-2003, 05:29 PM
Nice lifts today! I am still all for the idea of adding in those egg whites as well!!

SWOLE
02-25-2003, 08:21 PM
you know what I think about the wide chest machine???

carolinagirl
02-25-2003, 08:56 PM
Nice work - everything looks really solid, as usual. (Special :thumbup: on sticking to the diet - I know it sucks!) (We'll schedule the meathead meet-up for after your show and I'll cook anything and everything you want - I promise. :nod: )

And I can't believe that you're older than me! Sweet! You really don't look your age at all. (And you damn well better say the same thing to me when we do all meet up finally! ):p

Franjipani
02-25-2003, 10:07 PM
He said, nah....I know better than to get on stage with all those druggies.

Ahhh thats the green eyed monster talking..... pay no attention to him...;). There is NO turning back now hon...

because you have only................. 94 more days to go :D :eek: :D.

BennettBoy
02-26-2003, 05:36 AM
My new little deal I am going to do each morning is post the song of the morning . In other words, the song I rocked to on the way to work LOL. :)

So, without further hesitation.....my song of the morning was:

"Harder to Breathe" Maroon 5

I do not think my abs have ever remained sore 3 days after working them....geez they are still sore. Not to fear though, I will work them again today. :cool: Maybe that will help them to be honest. More cardio today. One thing I have been told to watch on my cardio is that my heart beat doesn't go over 125 bpm. Is this correct? You cardio freaks know I'm sure.

Anyway, today is tanning, abs and cardio. And another busy work too!

Pup
02-26-2003, 06:02 AM
Hmm...target fat burning rate is supposedly 160bpm, if you go interval style it may get as high as 200, but then quickly decline, all depends on the type and intensity you want to do, remember, it doesn't matter how many cals you burn while you're there, its the metabolic impact cardio has for the rest of the day.

BennettBoy
02-26-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Pup
Hmm...target fat burning rate is supposedly 160bpm, if you go interval style it may get as high as 200, but then quickly decline, all depends on the type and intensity you want to do, remember, it doesn't matter how many cals you burn while you're there, its the metabolic impact cardio has for the rest of the day.

Cool. Thanks pup. I'll check my heart rate today to see where it is at. I forgot to do that Sunday.

SWOLE
02-26-2003, 08:25 AM
i would definately say you should be higher than 125BPM.
PUP, you are right on...

BennettBoy
02-26-2003, 05:23 PM
BUSTIN' ASS 94 DAYS OUT

Wednesday, Feb. 26 2003

Daily Thoughts:

Rush, rush, rush.....that is the story of my life now it seems. From 6:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. I am on the go non-stop. Sometimes I get frustrated that I just can't seem to stop long enough to even catch my breath! Geez, I hope I get a handle on it all soon. Work has been busy so that has really added to my very busy days. Oh well......I prefer being busy. Good thing I don't have a girlfriend right now. She'd be pissed as hell. I wouldn't be able to spend ANY time with her. I don't even have any time for myself right now. :cry: OK, enough sulking.

Weight-Training:

none today. Back/biceps tomorrow. I really want to do some deadlifts tomorrow. Hope my back is up to it.

Ab/Cardio Training:

Crunches - 3 sets x 15
Hanging Leg Raises - 3 x 15
Cable Crunches - 120 x 3 x 12

I did 20 minutes cardio on the treadmill. The first 10 minutes I did at 4.2 mph at 10 degrees incline. The next 5 minutes I did 4.2 at 15 degrees incline. I jogged at 6.5 the last 5 minutes. I was dead. I'm out of shape. :(

Daily Diet:

Meal 2 - can tuna, 10 grams flax oil, 1 egg white
Meal 3 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 1 sweet potato, 1 cup broccoli, 5 fish oil caps, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 5 - 4 oz. grapejuice, 10 grams glutamine, 40 grams EAS Simply Whey, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 6 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 sweet potato, 1 cup green beans, 5 grams udos oil

Diet was perfect again today! Nothing more to say. ;)

Water:

Close to 8 liters.

Sleep:

8 hours broken. Up 2 times to piss.

Rants:

Nothing pisses me off more than to go to the urinal at the gym and some SOB before me didn't flush the commode. ARGH! And it looks like the sucker hasn't had a drop of water to drink in a week. :D Makes me wonder how some folks live in their own houses. On second thought, maybe I don't want to know. Lazy asses.

That's all. My roommates birthday is tomorrow and they are having a secret dinner for him. I can't eat. :cry: Or drink. :cry:

Savannah
02-26-2003, 05:33 PM

That's all. My roommates birthday is tomorrow and they are having a secret dinner for him. I can't eat. :cry: Or drink. :cry: [/B]

But just remember that you look FANTASTIC!
Sorry to hear you're days are so hectic lately... hope it improves soon:)
And thanks for sharing the urinal thing :eek: