View Full Version : please take a look at my bulking phase meal plan

leo
02-02-2003, 10:43 PM
7:30 meat(could b chicken breast, fish or red
meat;pork and beef) 1/4 lb, 3 eggs, 2 slices wheat
toast, fat-free milk
8:30 class..
10:15 cottage cheese1/4lb, fruit, homemade
protein(strawberry+egg+milk+1/2 scoop of whey protein)
12:00 class..
1:30 Tuna sandwich 2oz cheese, milk
4:30 Cyto-gainer(for maximum energy/performance)
5:00 Workout(45 mins to 60 mins total)
6:30 Cyto-gainer(for repair and growth muscle)
7:00 class..
9:30 Cyto-gainer(for faster recovery)

howz this looks??

Victor_20
02-02-2003, 11:35 PM
It looks good.....but you might want to eat an acutal meal after your evening class instead of another shake, or maybe even delay the shake until right before you go to sleep. Check the post i made for my meal plan. I got some good advice. Consider taking some flax for your EFA intake also, and dont forget to drink plenty of water.

thats my $0.02

leo
02-02-2003, 11:40 PM
i m taking class at 7PM and ends at 10PM..
Thatz y it isn't easy to eat real meal..
any recommendation that i can eat in short 5~10mins??

leo
02-02-2003, 11:45 PM
Sub from subway or Burrito w/milk might help??

Victor_20
02-02-2003, 11:50 PM
yeah a sub would do.........or you can make your own sandwich at home and bring it to class. Either way i'd bump the shake just before you go to sleep.

leo
02-03-2003, 12:09 AM
thx very much

GIS
02-03-2003, 12:31 AM
I'd reccomend replacing the Cyto-gainer post workout shake with something like N-Large 2 or a comperable weight gainer that has high GI carbs.

Cyto-gainer has more complex carbs and while it's not going to kill you post workout, something with straight dextros or maltodextrin will provide a better insulin spike. It's not crucial but it's something to look into.

I'd also reccomend some higher calorie foods. A lot of what you're eating looks more like a cutting diet aside from the cyto-gainer.

Your first meal looks okay, but for your 10:15 meal eat something heavier than just cottage cheese and fruit with some whey. Consider eating something denser with more calories. Don't be afraid to eat carbs, especially when bulking. They're a great source of calories. I would wait on the cottage cheese (eat a different meal instead) and eat this very meal right before bed (bump the last cyto-gainer shake back like an hour). The cottage cheese digests slowly and can is very benefical during sleep.

I estimate your calorie count as being right around 3,000. Not bad but make sure this is where you're aiming for your bulk.

leo
02-03-2003, 12:55 AM
Your first meal looks okay, but for your 10:15 meal eat something heavier than just cottage cheese and fruit with some whey.

Then I would make some drink which will replace 10:15 meal..
with milk+banana+etc..
that would be easy way to eat and carry around..

leo
02-03-2003, 01:03 AM
this is the one then..

7:30 meat 1/4 lb, 3 eggs, cooked vegetable, 2 slices wheat toast, milk or protein drink
10:15 growth drink(homemade stuff), fruit
12:00~3:00 College Math class
1:30 Tuna sandwich 2oz cheese, salad, milk or protein drink
4:30 Cyto-gainer
5:00 Workout
6:30 Cyto-gainer
7:00 Perspective class
8:30 Sandwich, cottage cheese w/ milk
11:00 Cyto-gainer

GIS
02-03-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by leo

Then I would make some drink which will replace 10:15 meal..
with milk+banana+etc..
that would be easy way to eat and carry around..

I'd reccomend food. Solid, nutritious, protein rich food.

You're missing out on many nutrients by structuring your diet around liquid meal replacements.

Get a tupperware dish, boil some pasta the night before and cut a chicken breast into strips and pan fry them in a little vegetable oil. Then just put the pasta and chicken in the tupperware and it should last until you're ready to eat it. Sandwiches work great and the possibilities are essentially endless on what to do for meals even if you're walking around on a school campus or at work. Use your imagination, but I do reccomend solid food and not another protein or smoothy-type drink.

GIS
02-03-2003, 01:10 AM
Click here for a look at what I was doing for a bulking diet (http://students.washington.edu/garre/diet.htm)

I'm not saying what I was doing is perfect, but it has certainly helped me grow without blowing up with too much bodyfat.

You need to do what works best for you so play around with your diet... I just figured it might help to see what somebody else has done to bulk.

ChuckieT
02-03-2003, 08:19 PM
I agree with Victor. It seems like your diet is sorely deficient in EFA's. I highly recommend adding in some fish oil or flax.

TylerDurden
02-04-2003, 08:21 AM
if your doing a bulking diet then you're going to have to eat... YOu dont have to start out eating 5000 kcals. You need to work your way up. Start out eatin 2000 cals and increase it by 500 cals ad day. Try to eat carbs with every meal, and dont be afraid of eating fats.. I've tried all sorts of bulking diets, and the best results i've had came from my last diet.

Breakfast: 5 egg whites 1 whole egg. (scrambled with cheese) and 1/2 cup of oatmeal. (you get use to the taste)
snack: Chicken breast, sweet potatoes. (just put them in a bowl of water and microwave for 10 min coat with butter)
lunch: 2 hamburgers and a mashed potatoes.
snack2: protein shake and bar (this after my workout.
dinner: 3 chicken strips, more mashed potatoes.
bedtime snack: cottage cheese and protein shake.

TylerDurden
02-04-2003, 08:26 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that you need to drink lots of water and take vitamins.

I make all my meals in the morning that way i have them with me and i have no excuse not to eat them.. it also helps with time management..