PDA

View Full Version : NHE and 1st time bulk

XxCrisisxX
02-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Hey Everyone!!! I just have a few questions.....first off, I'm a real little guy, about 5'5, 115lbs and 18yrs. old. Roughly 8% bodyfat and pretty good definition-->good abs. Yea, I know, I'm a pathetic little bitch...but anyway, I've been following the NHE guidelines for a while and respond much better to a low carb diet than a high carb one, but thats just me. The thing is Rob doesn't really go into calories in the book, so I was wondering around how many I should be taking in. BWx18 is only like 2000, and that doesn't seem like enough. And what about ratios? Like 50/50? Oh, and what about cardio. Rob doesn't really elaborate on cardio either. He talks about HIIT and other low volume stuff every other day. He also mentions not even doing cardio the off-days if your only concern is packing on mass. So, I was wondering what would be best....any ideas from you NHE gurus? Well, anything would help. Thanx alot!

bradley
02-04-2003, 03:04 AM
If you are bulking then I wouldn't worry about the cardio. Just keep increasing your cals slowly each week until you are seeing the desired weight gain. 18*bw could be low for you seeing as you probably have a fast metabolism. Are you carbing up every 4th and 3rd day? Also have you thought about trying a more traditional diet to bulk up?

XxCrisisxX
02-04-2003, 10:25 AM
Hey, thanx for the quick post! Yea, as far as the cardio goes, that what I was thinking.....Right now I am carb-loading every 3rd and 4th day like NHE outlines and it works really well for me. Most people do tell me to do a more traditional bulk but I feel MUCH better on this sort of diet than I ever have. So, if anyone has bulked on this diet, I would like to know any tips or tricks you have learned along the way......Doc seems to be a master of this diet. I've read some of his threads and and he really seems to know what he's talking about. So, if anyone could help, that would be great. Thanx again.