PDA

View Full Version : Stew

big_geek
02-04-2003, 07:03 AM
I often make a stew that consists of:
big chunks of beef,
onion, garlic, green/red/yellow peppers, potatoes, mushrooms, beans, celery, tomato paste, spices. Sometimes I'll throw in carrots, green beens/peas, corn.
How good/bad would it be for you considering I am on a cutting cycle right now?

HANSEL
02-04-2003, 08:58 AM
This sounds like Dinner? If your cutting, I would eliminate the Potatoes (Use Sweet potatoes if you must), Corn, carrots, and depending on how many beans you use and when you eat this, maybe cut down on those. Sounds good though. Make sure there is no added sugar in the paste also. I think eliminating the stuff I mentioned would cause your blood sugar to stay more balanced.

If cutting, I personally dont eat many carbs at dinner or in the PM, especially not starchy ones.

This is how I diet anyway, is it working for you while cutting?

big_geek
02-04-2003, 09:06 AM
Actually, this is my lunch...for dinner I usually have a chicken breast and a little bit of rice.
So far I've lost my gut I gained after bulking.
My max weight during bulking was 218lb, now I am @ 209lb. I am starting to be able to see top abs, which means this is working out.

HANSEL
02-04-2003, 04:12 PM
I say if your still dropping body fat than stick with it, sounds good, Im jealous.
If your diet stalls, it would be easy to cut out the potatoes and corn in there and replace with something not so starchy. Maybe it would help the process along if you stop losing.

GIS
02-04-2003, 05:10 PM
Sounds good to both the pallat and the cut.

You are still going to need carbs so I wouldn't worry about the potatoes. Sweet potatoes wont work in a stew because they break apart easily, although that is a good idea Hansel.

Just be careful not to add any/much salt. Stews tend to get rather salty when people add it for flavor, but you didn't mention it so it's probably not an issue.

Congrats on the successful cut thus far!

big_geek
02-05-2003, 09:43 AM
Thanks guys.
Last night I went on the scale and I am down to 208.
I try not to use salt, I use VEGETA instead. I know it's got some salt in it, but it adds great flavour. I'll also use chicken stock in powder form instead of the salt.