PDA

View Full Version : How to eat healthy at College

shoobe13
02-05-2003, 06:32 AM
I am currently a college student and am looking for healthy eating habits. I am new to this forum and have never done anything like this so I am hoping one of you guys can help me. I am looking to get stronger, more fit abs, plus build a lot of strength in my upper body. I have pretty strong legs and can work them out no problem but my upper body is lagging. I was wondering if someone has any eating suggestions or lifting suggestions that they found out work. I throw for the schools track team, the weight, the hammer and the javelin. I also play rugby so I am not that small. I am about 5'11'' and 190 pounds with probably about 10-20 percent body fat... I think i was 13 last time I checked, back in September. At our school the main foods are sandwiches, grilled food, pasta and fried food. We do have salads, I am not big on salads.... they really are discusting in my eyes. For Sandwiches they have Tuna, Turkey, Cheese, Ham, Roast Beef, Chicken Salad, and a couple other choices which are a lil more fatting. For the grill its mainly burgers and grilled chicken and grill cheese. Fried foods are mainly fried chicken fingers, fried chicken salad, and french fries. As for pasta... well that switches every day but usually it is a pasta, usually the tube pasta, with a marinara sauce. It is very filling but you don't each much so I am a lil skeptical about it. As for lifting well I can do whatever lifts there are. Ab whise i like to do them at home and I ahve an ab roller I just never really used it that much. If you do have any tips or know someone that does, please help me out if you can. Thanks a lot.
Jeff

townes
02-05-2003, 12:28 PM
Are you on the meal plan?

You Can Sneak in healthy, low-fat sources of protien if you are on an all-you-can-eat plan. Eggs, or Eggs Whites from the Salad bar, for instance. Chicken Breasts from the grill can be added to Other Dishes- like the pastas you mentioned, or salads. Getting used to supplementing your meals with high protien, low-fat items like that will ensure that you don't load up on the less healthy stuff.

Beast
02-05-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by townes
Eggs, or Eggs Whites from the Salad bar, for instance.
LOL, I steal hardboiled eggs from the dining hall to eat for breakfast the next morning and druing the day. People think I'm crazy. :evillaugh

Shao-LiN
02-05-2003, 01:54 PM
Good plan, why would people think you're crazy? My friends and stole corn dogs and silverware, cups...hehe.

shoobe13
02-05-2003, 02:38 PM
I usually do try to eat healthy. I am on a meal plan but it isn't all you can eat. It really sux so I usually steal as much as I can. WEll thanks for your help, I am going to try what you guys said and hopefully it will work. THanks again

BUFF STUFF
02-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Shao-LiN
Good plan, why would people think you're crazy? My friends and stole corn dogs and silverware, cups...hehe.

Could you steal me a car?