PDA

View Full Version : Supplements = Weight Gain?

outlawtas
02-05-2003, 06:36 AM
Well, i seem to have a little problem. I'm 5'10, 150lbs. I wanna gain about 20lbs or so of lean muscle. Now, I don't mind bulking up and gaining some fat, which I can cut later, and I don't mind having to go through 2 or 3 bulking phases to gain the weight I want. But the problem is my stomach. Time is an issue as well, but stomach mostly. I just can't seem to eat as much as I need to gain the weight. I was just wondering, if I can gain just as much weight using a weight gainer and lots of protein supplementation (bars + shakes) or does it have to be food I actually eat?

I mean, I usually only eat 1 - 2 meals a day normally, and besides that i'm just not HUNGRY! I don't know why....and i can try to force down food, but i can only do it for so long. So basically I wanna know if i could use high protein + carb supplements to gain the wieght desire. Thanks.

BUFF STUFF
02-05-2003, 08:36 AM
Well for a start you should be having 6 meals per day

This will speed up your metobolism and put your body in a constant growth state if calories are high enough.

If you cant eat 6 start by adding shakes and weight gainers to your diet

Sledgehammer
02-05-2003, 08:47 AM
What Buff said......and if you can not get enough calories by eating 6 meals go to 7-8 meals.....

Bryan
02-05-2003, 08:51 AM
Also try to eat more calorie dense foods. And add a good amount of EFAs to your diet

gino
02-05-2003, 01:49 PM
Do whatever it takes with the diet, no matter how undesireable it is. I'm not saying to do this, but when trying to gain weight for college football, I'd eat 8 meals a day, each of which were so big I'd be nautious after.

Shao-LiN
02-05-2003, 01:51 PM
It's hard to stuff a bulking diet into 1 or 2 meals. Make it more like 6 or so smaller meals like was suggested and you'll be able to eat more. Some people aren't used to eating so much, it takes awhile to get used to.

bradley
02-05-2003, 01:58 PM
The above suggestions are good advice. I would try and eat 3 whole meals a day, maybe breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then fill in the rest with shakes and bars. After a while you might try and go for 4 whole food meals and 2 shakes. You kind of get used to the increased food intake after a while.

outlawtas
02-05-2003, 01:59 PM
i'm just wondering really if there is a difference between actual food and supplemements really

is there?

BUFF STUFF
02-05-2003, 06:54 PM
a good meal replacement and weight gainer I use
is half a litre of milk(or more) and washed peanuts (to remove the salt)

The milk contains protein which is slow relese and the peanuts have high calories and have EFAs in them

:nod:

bradley
02-06-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by outlawtas
i'm just wondering really if there is a difference between actual food and supplemements really

is there?

I just think that whole food is better because of the fiber and nutrients that it provides which is usually left out of supplements. Although be eating three whole food meals a day this shouldn't be a problem. In the end they both provide cals which is what is needed to grow.

PeterParker
02-07-2003, 01:05 AM
i mix my WG with a tin of rice pudding as well as fruit,peanut butter and SS milk.
If i dont , i just chuck anything into my blender and press the on button.:drooling:

EdgeCrusher
02-08-2003, 07:00 PM
1 to 2 meals is horrible. I ate that way in high school and all I did was screw my metabolism up.