PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Food at the Mall

Brahms
02-05-2003, 03:27 PM
Someone told me the other day that Chinese Food at the Mall is bad for you because of all the oil used to cook the meats and the fried rice. That true? I'm pretty sure its just sesame oil, which is actually beneficial, and the fried rice ain't that big of a deal. Whatcha think?

Tryska
02-05-2003, 03:30 PM
chinese food anywhere in america tends to be pretty bad for ya if that's the criteria.

bradley
02-05-2003, 04:15 PM
Not too mention the sodium content at most fast food Chinese places. Although the steamed vegetables and rice along with some meat of some sort that hasn't been fried would be a better choice than most places you find in a mall food court.

Calipso
02-05-2003, 06:22 PM
Common sense man, common sense. Fried chicken, fried egg rolls, lo mein, fried rice etc. Fried this, fried that. Grease/oil this and that. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying don't have any, hell I had some today for lunch (With my cutting diet lately I could barely finish it). Fried rice, chicken wings, boneless spire ribs. Tasted good barely finished it though. Oh well. If you are trying to bulk, go for burger king and down some whoppers (No mayo)

-Calipso

Brahms
02-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Calipso
Common sense man, common sense. Fried chicken, fried egg rolls, lo mein, fried rice etc. Fried this, fried that. Grease/oil this and that. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying don't have any, hell I had some today for lunch (With my cutting diet lately I could barely finish it). Fried rice, chicken wings, boneless spire ribs. Tasted good barely finished it though. Oh well. If you are trying to bulk, go for burger king and down some whoppers (No mayo)

-Calipso

Yeah, I know, I know. The fried chicken and eggrolls are obviously bad, but come on! Isn't there ANYTHING on the menu that is decent? I mean, how about this plate. Some fried rice, some grilled teriyaki chicken, and that's it! The fried rice is a given. Yeah, its bad, but can't be THAT bad?! Can it? And the teriyaki chicken is decent, right? Where the Asian bros at? Any rice-eaters in the house?

fatsoPanda
02-06-2003, 11:33 AM
ASIAN REPRESENT!!!

HAHAHHA...sorry man, but yeah most of the fast food chinese stuff is bad.. you might get away with stir fry (depending on how it's cooked...your best bet is cooking it yourself though).

Shane
02-06-2003, 02:15 PM
Mmm...monosodium glutonite.

Some places you can get them to cook it healthy. I know some Chinese restaurants do this but I don't know if you'll have any luck getting some food court Chinese place to do it. American Chinese food isn't real Chinese food. But it tastes damn good.

I love my wok.

GIS
02-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Mmm.... whitewash chinese food.

If I knew how to create a throwing up smilie I would enter it here (x)

No wait....

Here (x)

Brahms
02-06-2003, 04:12 PM
Damn. You guys are depressing me. This sucks eggrolls bigtime. I love Chinese Food and the stir fry, Chinese Food at the Mall, Chinese Food at the Buffet. ****ingA I can't eat nothing no more!

Qea
02-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Chinese food anywhere other than a real Chinese restaurant ran with Chinese cooks where the Chinese waiter is having difficulty understanding your english :disagree: is probably nasty.

Poor taste, poor nutrition

Go have some dim sum. Nothing like stewed chicken feet to up your protein intake

:D

kidding about the chicken feet, gullible suckas . It's tasty but I wouldnt wanna eat too much of that hahaha

Saint Patrick
02-07-2003, 12:55 AM
Once a week is fine. It's not THAT bad for you IMO. Better than KFC or McFatty's.

big_geek
02-07-2003, 08:02 AM
I usually get steamed rice/veggies + roasted chicken, chineese style....that can't be that bad.

PowerManDL
02-07-2003, 08:10 AM
Man I eat that all the time!

I love hitting up a Chinese buffet and going to town.

I think I'll do that today in fact :D

nejar462
02-07-2003, 10:54 AM
i know its obvious, but American Food to American Fast Food is the same as Chinse Food to Chinese Fast Food. As is very obvious American Fast Food aint the best for ya, but homecooking is great for you, its the same way with chinese food.

EdgeCrusher
02-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Most chinese food, especially fast chinese food is horrible for you because of all the fat the stuff is fried in and the sugar sauces.