PDA

View Full Version : Reinier is thinking about cutting

Reinier
02-05-2003, 11:30 PM
I just took a waist measurement and it gave me the scare of my life. 40.1 inch, horizontal, navel height.

it was 37.7 when i last posted pics. look those up and imagine the difference. i gained 22 lbs since then.

now im really thinking about cutting because
*i feel fat
*i couldn`t possibly get gaining again anyway. im stuffing beyond belief and stuck at 113 kilos 249 lbs
*my knee could use it to carry around some less reinier all day

then again...
*I wasn`t planning to cut yet for some weeks
*if my knee doesn`t allow me to squat again next week my legs would suffer heavily from weightloss.

for my feeling... i should cut. but i want the ok from you guys lol.
i will probably if i do go on the diet that i posted before as being what im stuck on at 107.3 kilos.
I will aim at 500 grams a week loss.
If i do, do you think i should do cardio?

Shane
02-05-2003, 11:40 PM
Yes cut. And do cardio. Just don't do too much.

EMan
02-06-2003, 12:26 AM
same dilema bud.

I am 210-215 @ 18%BF.. and frankly I can't stand it. Too much fat.. no abs etc.. I decided to cut and get down to 10-12% and from then on just slowly bulk not getting beyond 15% (max).

GIS
02-06-2003, 01:18 AM
Scheduling when to bulk or cut is not a very good decision unless you want to specifically be in shape for the summer or for a contest. Most of the time, it's best to let your mental readiness take control.

I say cut because you are mentally ready to reduce your bodyfat. It's obvious you're feeling uncomfortable with your bodyfat level so deffinatly cut. What's the point of bulking if you're not enthusiastic to eat and take the sacrifice of putting on more fat.

Second, deffinately do cardio. Not only will it aid in your cut but cardio is just good for overall cardiovascular health. If my metabolism wasn't such a pain in the arse and I wasn't in a hardcore bulk (eat everything and anything diet with no regards to bodyfat), I would be doing cardio.

So, cut and cardio fo shizzle.

bradley
02-06-2003, 02:30 AM
Sounds like you are ready to cut. I would do some cardio on off days and make sure that you choose carefully what cardio you perform because of your knee. I would say something like cycling or an ellipticle trainer of some sort would be the best bet. The less impact the better. I agree in that your knee will probably get better after you lose a little bf.

Mik
02-06-2003, 08:14 AM
I would say cut and agree with what GIS said. Good post man.

YatesNightBlade
02-06-2003, 09:01 AM
No Don't cut. Eat clean and do cardio 3 times a week and you don't need to.

BUFF STUFF
02-06-2003, 10:12 AM
Yeah and chuck some ECA in there too

Reinier
02-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by YatesNightBlade
No Don't cut. Eat clean and do cardio 3 times a week and you don't need to.

FYI the way i understand it
bulk = any intentional weightgain while minimizing fat gain
cut = any intentional weight loss while minimizing lbm loss

If you dont think i should do that please explain.
You mean i should be able to lean out while staying at the same weight? dont you think this will be much slower and less effective in the long run? as well as just bloody hard to do?

YatesNightBlade
02-07-2003, 03:24 AM
I don't think your carrying enough muscle to cut. Building muscle takes time.

Why do you want to cut ? Are you gonna compete ? You need to ask yourself these questions. If it's simply to get in good shape then you can do this whilst clean bulking.

When you cut you lose some muscle. It's a simple fact and is pretty much impossible to avoid.

I just think it's simply not worth the sacrifice here.

In a nutshell what Im trying to say is "Cutting will slow your progress down".

Reinier
02-07-2003, 10:59 AM
do you realise i weigh 249 lbs?

and once again... just how do you suggest I go about clean bulking while actually lowering bf.....

Silverback
02-07-2003, 11:32 AM
Your a tall lad reiner so your bound to have a high weight if you want to bodybuild. Like Yates said gaining muscle takes time, your young and hormones are primed by 19-20 you could have something special.

A bit of cardio incorporated into your routine would workout well me thinks.

Reinier
02-07-2003, 11:49 AM
of course id like to not lose weight and drop bf. but last time i checked... muscle growth required a calorie excess and fat loss requires a calorie deficit.....

Reinier
02-07-2003, 12:24 PM
this is so hard. I dont know what the hell to do.

PowerManDL
02-07-2003, 12:28 PM
I'm with Yates here.

Just add in some cardio while eating properly.

Praetorian
02-07-2003, 01:20 PM
yates :thumbup:

Rock
02-07-2003, 01:34 PM
Dont cut before your arms are 20inches, use that as a goal, remember you are tall, its gonna take 4-5more years, just enjoy the ride.

Reinier
02-07-2003, 01:38 PM
this happened before and i am tired of people telling me to eat properly. im on the cleanest, most boring most 100% bb foods diet ive seen on here and i never cheat on it.

Maybe i worded things wrong. im not planning on going single digit bf. I just want to lose some fat because right now i cant see any ab at all, damn near 20% bf i have some lovehandle and an ass larger than any white males ever.

You can say, your 16... use the high testosteron now to gain muscle etc. but ill have high test for years and years more. i dont plan on never losing fat. (as well as i turn 17 the 5th of march)

When i started gaining weight again i was already like 16% bf.

As for the you need some mass to cut thing... i went from 91 to 113 kilograms since september.

I want to for once have some definition.
doing some cardio... I was hard into basketball and eating clean for a long time. never got me below 15-16%

If after reading this post entirely you yates and DL still think i shouldn`t start to slowly lose weight I will go with what you say.
You were right last time and i was stubborn too. im just not sure if you have a proper view of the situation.

ericg
02-07-2003, 02:18 PM
Looks like you know what you want. Just lose slowly and do whatever makes YOU happy.

Reinier
02-08-2003, 10:29 AM
im just defending bulking to try and ensure myself im sure of what i want eric. i have no clue to be honest.

im feeling like going with yates.... I havent forgot he was right last time when he told me not to cut

ericg
02-10-2003, 06:43 AM
Going with yates sounds like a good idea. Your weight prob wont change but your body composition will. Good luck man!!

YatesNightBlade
02-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Im the man.

mr_hand
02-10-2003, 08:11 AM
Reiner, your not alone. I am in the same boat as you. I must drive myself crazy on a daily basis. I eat a lot of clean foods, figuring building the muscle will coincide with burning fat, but then my clothes will start to feel a little tighter, and I get nervous then Im like, thats it, Im cutting my cals way down and doing mad cardio. It can really be mentally exhausting.

Reinier
02-10-2003, 10:22 AM
I think its spooky your title is baba booey.
that was a guy on elite who died suddenly.

but anyway, i think ill keep at the same weight or maybe even gain very slowly. maybe half an lbs a week or so. and do some cardio. tho im not sure yet what kind

mr_hand
02-10-2003, 01:08 PM
Maybe we need to throw in other exercise to add to our "cardio".
I know this week Im gonna start playing full-court bball again. You know **** like that. Raquetball. Something extra we can do, thats not boring ass plain cardio that we will end up not doing anyway.

mr_hand
02-10-2003, 01:12 PM
Oh and as far as that one person who died. Wasnt me. Ba-ba Booey is just one of the many names I go by. You may also know me as
Ta-ta Toothey, Sa-Sa Smelly, Ma-Ma Monkee, and Fa-fa fooey

Reinier
02-10-2003, 02:35 PM
I played full court bball for years.
i figured you didn`t die