PDA

View Full Version : Cutting, please review

Lucian
02-06-2003, 12:00 AM
I'm on CKD but not on a weekly basis, every 2 weeks.

Diet is made up of sunflower seeds for snack, meat with 3 tablesppons of veg oil for breakfast, BLT for lunch, Dinner meat with oil, sunflower seeds for snack.

Calories are somewhere between 1500-2000 on average per day, 300-500 per meal, 3 meals a day, plus snacks.

When on the low carb diet, how can I avoid feeling drunk/tired all the time due to ketosis? Some days I have no energy, other days I'm fine, some days I feel drunk and sleepy, how long will this last or will it pass?

Also how can I quickly and properly get out of ketosis so I can lift again? Do I have to drink a gallon of dextrose?

Advice please?

Lucian
02-06-2003, 01:06 AM
Also, does Diet Coke bring me out of Ketosis? I notice when I drink diet coke I feel energized almost hyper even but thats not supposed to happen because it has no glucose in it?

bradley
02-06-2003, 02:37 AM
You are probably feeling sluggish because you are just on the verge of ketosis. I would recommend either doing the ketoginic diet or not and quit teasing your body. Most people feel sluggish when first starting a ketogenic diet but this feeling will pass. After you get into ketosis stay there until it is time for a carb up.

The kick you feel from the diet coke is probably due from the caffeine content.

You can run a search on a CKD and pull up a lot of info regarding the basics of the diet.