PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me I didn't screw up my NHE metabolic shift

Moose
02-07-2003, 11:01 PM
I have 2 days left in my metabolic shift. Everything is going great. Very happy with the results thusfar......but I am wondering about "hidden carbs" now. I just read some old old threads and found people saying that eggs have 1g carbs each. Is this true? Is the carb in the yolk or the white? (Also....I thought Faigin said specifically in his book that eggs have no carbs?)

Also, I have been having a couple slices of American Cheese sliced from the supermarket deli. I've looked at some "block" cheese packages and they all said zero carbs. Is the cheese I'm buying different?

Lastly, I have been using regular whole fat mayo......again, the label says no carbs.....but since mayo is made partially from eggs.....there are hidden carbs?

Even if all this is true.....I believe I would still be under the 20g per day limit......but it is important to me to know the truth here...

rookiebldr
02-07-2003, 11:46 PM
According to my diet tracking software, chicken eggs (1 large) has 79 calories, 6.1g of protein, 5.6g of fat and 0.6g of carbs. Looks like a very small about but maybe it's enough for you to worry about on NHE.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-08-2003, 07:11 AM
Don't worry about it. The metabolic shift is merely to empty your glycogen stores a bit. Even if you did have a day slightly over 20g, it's not gonna make a head nor tail difference.

Moose
02-08-2003, 10:04 AM
Any guess as to how much carbs a deli slice of American Cheese has? I'm going to start counting it as 2g per slice.....

bradley
02-08-2003, 02:03 PM
After looking over the USDA site anywhere from .6g carbs to 1.5 depending on the brand. These were 3/4 oz. slices. If you count them as 2g of carbs a piece you should be fine. Good luck with the diet.

EMan
02-08-2003, 02:53 PM
I am in the shift too right now.

Fitday counts mozarella as 3g of carbs for every 100g (3oz)

In the shift you can have as much as 20g of carbs. If you addup the eggs and cheese you eat you should be fine.

Also, for every 2 table spoons of regular mayo, I have tracked down 1g of carbs.