PDA

View Full Version : will this work?????? help

scoober
02-08-2003, 11:25 AM
Hi WBBF users,

excuse my ignorance if i ask something stupid..being a newbie n all....

well im 32 about 5`6" and weigh about 72kg(i think)

I have joined the forum for advice and a bit of company!! I have been on a get fit regime for the last 4 months but i am getting frustrated with slow results.

I am doing an hours exercise 6 days a week - consisting of 30min cardio and 30 min resistance training. I have become stronger and lost fat --- BUT STILL HAVE FECKIN LOVE HANDLES and STOMACH FAT..

I like everyone on here really am looking to achieve more tone and bring my ody fat down...

MY DIET is this---

breakfast- bran flakes/semi skim milk glass OJ cup coffee

snack - turkey breast sandwich

lunch - turkey breast sandwich / apple

snack - orange

dinner - small tin of tuna with some vegatables or cottage cheese
most days
or a whole chicken breast fried with rice

and a non fat yogourt for desert

all day 3 litres of water

I have no idea if this diet is a good idea????????? I just know that i eat about 100% less than what i ate 4 months ago, also i rarely feel hungry

but i dont know how long it takes to lose fat i look in the mirror and can see no diffrence in a month -------- HELP!!

bradley
02-08-2003, 01:46 PM
I would train with weights maybe only 3-4 days per week, and go with cardio on off days if you like. Maybe look at one of the WBB routines and see what you think about it. THe website below will help you with exercise names and descriptions if you need it.

www.exrx.net

Try and get 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight and spread total out over 5-6 meals per day. I would recommend lean protein soures like chicken, fish, dairy, eggs, lean cuts of beef, protein powder, etc.

Also make sure and get some fats in your diet. Good sources would be nuts, natty peanut butter, flax oil, and fish oil. This should make up somewhere around 25-30% of you daily calories.

The rest of your daily cals can come from low GI carbs like oats, sweet potatoes, veggies, and beans.

Try and shoot to lose a pound a week and you might have to adjust cals up or down over the next few weeks until you reach the desired weight loss. The general rule for daily cals is 12*bodyweight in pound for daily calorie intake, but again this is just a general guideline and will have to be adjusted by the individual.

The diet you have listed above definetely needs more fat so that would be a good place to start. Add in some nuts or peanut butter to a couple of you meals. If you have access to flax you could take some of that with some of your meals. Also try and get some form of protein in at each meal. Hope this helps and feel free to post with any questions that you have. The member on WBB are quite helpful.

scoober
02-11-2003, 10:41 AM
does not eating fat stop me losing weight! im going to try a new diet as i am rapidly losing hope -

I just want to get cut

any good threads where i can get advice?

Shao-LiN
02-11-2003, 10:44 AM
You need fat to lose fat. That's how I think of it. If you don't eat a health amount of fats in your diet, your body tends to hold onto the fat it already has.

In any event, do what was suggested. Lift for an hour 3-4 times a week and do cardio on off days. I also don't think you're eating enough.

scoober
02-11-2003, 10:50 AM
any good diets that you know? that are easy to follow? i thought it was perfect - tuna and chicken for protein.

but yeah i need to try something new --- that works!!!!

bradley
02-11-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by scoober
any good diets that you know? that are easy to follow? i thought it was perfect - tuna and chicken for protein.

but yeah i need to try something new --- that works!!!!

Just the diet you have and modify it a bit. I posted some guidelines that I thought might help you. Just follow those and you should have better results. No one can make a diet for you seeing as we have no idea what kind of foods you have access to and what foods you like. If you like you can check out the journals sections and get some ideas on diet as some members post their diet daily. Good luck with it.

EdgarMex
02-11-2003, 04:19 PM
You might want to check the journal section to get ideas from other people's diets.

Oh, and listen to bradley, he know what he's talking about, has has helped me a lot to get my diet in check and lose some weight. :thumbup: