PDA

View Full Version : Cheat meal: How often, how bad, and how guilty?

Madd Hatter
02-08-2003, 12:29 PM
First, I don't think my diet is restricted enough to where I should get cheat meals. I eat oatmeal, protein shake, peas, chicken breast, potato/rice, banana, milk, tuna, toast w/ nat. pb, and cottage cheese. I think my cals are high for a cutting diet, but this is the cleanest diet I've ever had, and I'm doing cardio 3x a week. I've recently decided to stay clean, but I'm allowing myself one cheat meal a week. Tonight I'm going out for the best pizza on the planet. Next weekend the woman's making stuffed pasta shells. The next weekend is the monthly wrestling PPV at Hooters, with wings, fries, and cake. I guarantee I will stuff myself on all three occasions. I feel pretty bad about these, but how bad am I screwing myself? What about you guys?

bradley
02-08-2003, 01:53 PM
I usually have one cheat meal a week but I try and keep it within reason. Just try and have two or three slices of pizza and not a whole large. Just try and keep the cheat meal within reason and don't go overboard. Try and use a little moderation and you should be fine. Although it does kind of worry me that you have the next 3 weeks planned as far as cheat meals go.

MrWebb78
02-08-2003, 02:44 PM
cheating rules! i can cheat enough. actually it depends what you really call cheating. even when i eat out at a restaurant i grill the waiter about leavin oils off my steak etc. occasionally have a slice of cheesecake after dinner. even if i do cheat its not all that bad. frozen yogurt is fat free. i dont like chocolate so i dont have to worry about those. nuthin wrong with cheating a few times a week.

Madd Hatter
02-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by bradley
Although it does kind of worry me that you have the next 3 weeks planned as far as cheat meals go.

LOL, what can I say, I love good food.

Seriously though, it's usually not planned out like this, it just so happened this time... the woman and I were gonna go out to my favorite (expensive) restaurant for V-Day because we never go out to eat. Then we were looking in the cupboards and saw we still had some jumbo pasta shells and her recipe sounded good. And we go to Hooters every month for the WWE, so we had 3 meals in mind, 3 weekends.

It actually might serve me better to have them figured out in my head so I'm not sitting at home some night and say "Hey, I haven't cheated in awhile, dunno when I will again, I feel like having this pint of Ben and Jerry's."

Manveet
02-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Depends on what you call a cheat meal to me. I've completely given up candy, cookies, chips and ice cream. Haven't had it in months. I like subway though, cold cut trio on ww bread loading the veggies minus the condiments is completely fine imo. I also eat alot of pasta, may seem like alot of carbs but my body has been doing fine with it.

Los11
02-11-2003, 08:08 PM
I plan my cheat meals days in advance and I cant wait till saturday comes cause thats my cheat day. I usually go all out 3 or 4 slices of pizza some wings a few beers *lite* some candy . Its what keeps me going , I mean during the week I dont cheat at all I eat strictly clean but when staurday comes I go F***ing nuts and it hasn't effected me yet I think it helps. I mean 8 weeks ago I was 240lb with bf was in the 20's now I am 214lb, 17bf with a solid diet and an all out one day a week cheat day, if you do it dont feel guilty you deserve one you know..

nejar462
02-12-2003, 02:05 PM
LOL, it don't matter as long as u get what you need and burn off what you don't

BIG BOY
02-13-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by MrWebb78
nuthin wrong with cheating a few times a week.

Hey bro, this is the example of the mentality that won`t get you where you want to be. tuttut