PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Factory

Coke
02-09-2003, 03:43 AM
sunday 2-9-03

LEG workout was ok this morning *

Silverback
02-09-2003, 03:50 AM
nice start to the journal, lots of detail in there :)

good look cocoa, by any chance do you like chocolate?:D

Coke
02-10-2003, 05:06 AM
Be my guest anytime Big-Ron:cool: You know I do like chocolate but I like Coca-Cola even more sometimes.

Leg are a little sore from yesterday only because I had made a conscious effort to go down further in hack squats and kept the tension in - never locking when I came up. Don't think I'm gonna workout today though.

Saw Lord of the Rings 2 Sunday afternoon. The Two Towers had really good breathtaking visuals - the second movie I went out to see this year. The Count of Monte Cristo was an excellent film, saw it on DVD last week - I think one of these days I may read the book.

Stay Cool
CoCoa
:cool:

JustinF
02-10-2003, 05:34 AM
Good luck with your goals. What are they?:D

Coke
02-10-2003, 10:22 AM
Hi JustinF, my goals are increased muscle strength and size. Consistent workouts will help me achieve this goal that is why I started this journal - to hopefully help me indirectly.

ericg
02-10-2003, 10:59 AM
Good luck CoCoa

Coke
02-10-2003, 11:27 AM
Thanks EricG - it is always good to receive support!:)

Coke
02-13-2003, 05:15 AM
thursday 2-13-03

This morning did some cardio - hope to get in later today and do shoulders

JustinF
02-13-2003, 05:17 AM
Are you going to be putting any more detail in here like diet, weight, reps, etc??

Coke
02-13-2003, 05:34 AM
No doubt there will be more info - it took enough of me to even post what I posted so far. For real though JustinF, I should be starting my new deal with the ever so popular 2-on/1-off routine and you don't want to miss it ;)

kook
02-13-2003, 09:51 PM
whats up cocoa good luck with everything your tryin to do

how about some stats :)

Coke
02-15-2003, 04:16 AM
saturday 2-15-03

LEGS

regular Squats 4x
standing/lying leg curl supersetted 2x
calf raises 3x

I feel the weights I use are neither here nor there because they may pale in comparison to others on board, besides I have a Brad Pitt type of physique with a bodybuilders twist.

When I graduated from high school I weighed a whopping 139lbs then after working out and becoming disciplined I gained the muscle I wanted and peaked at 170lbs before hovering at 164lbs. Sometimes I think I am at square one all over again.

Kook thanks for stopping by. Who knows, down the line I may post my pic.

Coke
02-16-2003, 05:56 AM
sunday 2-16-03

CHEST

smith Bench Press 4x dumbbell Incline Press 4x decline Chest Press 3x
Pec Fly/Cable Crossovers supersetted 3x
seated Chest Press 3x

TRICEPS

seated Tricep Press 3x
smith Close Grip Bench Press 3x
one arm dumbbell Tricep extensions 3x
decline Tricep Press/pushdowns supersetted 3x

Franjipani
02-16-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by CoCoa
I feel the weights I use are neither here nor there because they may pale in comparison to others on board, besides I have a Brad Pitt type of physique with a bodybuilders twist.

Does it matter if they do?? All that matters is that you are improving on a daily basis....my weights pale into insignificence compared to the other females on this board but as long as I'm stronger than the person I was yesterday that is all that matters....besides, it keeps me really accountable....and makes such a difference:D.

Brad Pitt with a twist = :drooling:

fuzz
02-16-2003, 08:08 PM
True...posting weights is pretty important to tracking progress. Who cares what anyone else on here is lifting, just lift what you can with good form and worry about yourself.

Coke
02-17-2003, 08:41 AM
:) Hi Franjipani and Fuzz - I cannot agree more, as long as I make progress that is what matters. Posting my numbers is always a possibility, I just would rather not entertain the thought of it right now. :(

Glad to get some visitors, friends, contacts, so on. It ain't never hurt nobody to say hello to CoCoa :cool:

Coke
02-18-2003, 07:57 AM
quote for the day

Growth itself contains the germ of happiness.--*

Workhorse
02-18-2003, 09:12 AM
Good luck with your new journal C!! How about posting them weights with the sets? Who cares what you lift, as long as you're doing your best and trying to improve, then it won't matter!! And if anyone says anything, let me know and I'll take care of 'em!! lol

Oh, and BTW....
:spam:

Savannah
02-18-2003, 10:25 AM
[B
Glad to get some visitors, friends, contacts, so on. It ain't never hurt nobody to say hello to CoCoa :cool: [/B]

:hello:

*ouch*

j/k
:)

Tryska
02-18-2003, 10:30 AM
haha...sup cocoa?

can i jsut say i love your avatar? it's like christmas everyday.

Mik
02-18-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Workhorse
Good luck with your new journal C!! How about posting them weights with the sets? Who cares what you lift, as long as you're doing your best and trying to improve, then it won't matter!! And if anyone says anything, let me know and I'll take care of 'em!! lol

Oh, and BTW....

I agree with WH. Everyone starts somewhere and it's easier to track your progress with the weights reps etc listed. Good luck with the goals man.

Oh, and in case you missed it in the above quote

Workhorse
02-18-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Tryska
haha...sup cocoa?

can i jsut say i love your avatar? it's like christmas everyday.
That's cause he thinks he's God's gift to women!! lol ;) j/k

MonStar
02-18-2003, 10:48 AM
Hey CoCoa, why not put your weights in with your workouts to give us all an idea of what kind of strength youre throwing around.

Coke
02-18-2003, 12:22 PM
:) You should all see the smile on my face :) I mean it is a delight to have more people come around my way, sure hope to be friends.

Do I feel some pressure? :evillaugh However so, I do agree. Thanks for supporting me, I appreciate it very much - with me, a little goes a long way :thumbup:

Workhorse
02-18-2003, 12:25 PM
...with me, a little goes a long way :thumbup:
Is that what you tell the girls? :D:D j/k

Good luck with your training C...we'll be watching!! ;)

Franjipani
02-19-2003, 05:01 AM
:) You should all see the smile on my face :) I mean it is a delight to have more people come around my way, sure hope to be friends.

Ahhh bless, you are too gorgeous ;)

Now, lets see some more workouts :D

Coke
02-19-2003, 05:36 AM
wednesday 2-19-03

SHOULDERS

db Shoulder Press 5x db Lateral Raises 5x
db Bent-over Raise 5x db Shrugs 5x
rear Delt machine 3x
seated Press/seated Laterals supersetted 3x
db Front Raises 3x

JustinF
02-19-2003, 05:41 AM
Weights bro, weights. LOL When I first started my journal, a previous one, I didn't put weights. It really does help you track your progress though.

Don't be concerned with what everyone else is lifting, as long as you're pushing yourself and progressing. Keep it up bro!

MonStar
02-19-2003, 10:43 AM
Post your weights CoCoa.... lol, its the only way youre going to know if youre getting stronger, etc. Trust me, everyone on this site started somewhere.

carolinagirl
02-19-2003, 09:27 PM
Just dropped in to say 'hi'!

:hello:

(And seriously, I know you're tired of hearing it, but...post your weights. :D It helps you stay motivated as you see yourself progressing, and it helps everybody else help you by giving the best possible advice for where you're at right now!)

Coke
02-21-2003, 05:31 AM
Hey girl, Carolinagirl that is :) glad you stopped by - be sure to give us the lowdown on Belial later on :D

Justin and MonStar, although I don't post my weights now does not mean I won't later on. I'm sure to make some progress on all lifts but those legs are a killer, especially squats. So do excuse me for not showing the numbers again :( But I still need support too ;)

friday 2-21-03

LEGS

Hack Squats 5x
Leg Extensions 2x
Leg Curls 3x

Workhorse
02-21-2003, 09:12 AM
lol... I won't support you unless you post the weights along with the reps... lol j/k

Keep up the good work C. As long as you're pushing yourself to get better and you're eating good, you'll see the gains you're shooting for!

ectx
02-22-2003, 03:34 AM
Just wanted to deliver a journal warming dose of :spam: ...you deliver it...I cook it and bring it back...

:spam: cake with chocolate dressing...

Now post your weights. Progression is all that matters.

Coke
02-23-2003, 10:00 AM
quote for the day

Patience is the companion of wisdom.--

Thanks to everyone who has supported me thus far. I am sort of shut in because of all this snow so I has to miss the workout :(

Ectx - should I say thanks for the spam? Somehow I know I deserved it :)

Mik
02-24-2003, 08:10 PM

Thanks to everyone who has supported me thus far. I am sort of shut in because of all this snow so I has to miss the workout :(

[/B]

I hear ya man! I'm so ****ing sick of snow! All I do is work, lift and shovel. Bah!

Coke
02-28-2003, 06:43 AM
Hi Mik - I am sending a belated thanks for keeping me off page 3, and thanks for coming to my journal in general. You set a good example and should be pleased with your progress.

I however, feel as if I have been derailed since I missed my leg workout just yesterday. They were the only thing keeping me on track because my upper body workouts were botched in some ways. I need to regroup, chart a clearer path and stay on track. Looks like I will also need to finally post those weights although I'd much rather choose pride over humility. Why should I let some plates come between friends? lol

carolinagirl
02-28-2003, 11:02 AM
Looks like I will also need to finally post those weights.

Yay! You see the light!

I however, feel as if I have been derailed since I missed my leg workout just yesterday. They were the only thing keeping me on track because my upper body workouts were botched in some ways. I need to regroup, chart a clearer path and stay on track.

You'll get lots of help from all the expert resource people around here with all those things. Just post your problems and botch-ups and questions (along with the weights! ;) ) and they'll likely be able to help you figure out the best thing to do.

Mik
02-28-2003, 12:37 PM
Hi Mik - I am sending a belated thanks for keeping me off page 3, and thanks for coming to my journal in general. You set a good example and should be pleased with your progress.

I however, feel as if I have been derailed since I missed my leg workout just yesterday. They were the only thing keeping me on track because my upper body workouts were botched in some ways. I need to regroup, chart a clearer path and stay on track. Looks like I will also need to finally post those weights although I'd much rather choose pride over humility. Why should I let some plates come between friends? lol

Thanks for the props CoCoa. A little encouragement goes a long way.

As for getting derailed goes, not to worry man. It happens to us all. The important thing is to get back at it and progress. Progression is the key.

I think posting your weights is a great idea (as does the rest of the board). It's by far the best way to guage your performance. Don't worry about where you start, it's where you're going that matters. Good luck mate!