PDA

View Full Version : Maximum muscle gain, minimal fat gain--what foods to eat?

Common
02-09-2003, 11:42 AM
What foods should I eat, what foods should I eat for maximum muscle gain and minimal fat gain? Also, i'm a beginner:)

What's something small I could take for my school lunch? Right now, I'm eating school food and normally the best choices are a hamburger or chicken nuggets and i think that'll stop my progress. :help:

bradley
02-09-2003, 11:54 AM
Just go with lean protein sources, low GI carbs, and healthy fats. There is a thread about grocery shopping lists that might be of use. Has lots of good examples of what I mentioned above.

You could take some form of sandwich or something for lunch or just cook something the night before and throw it in a Rubbermaid container. Also most school lunchrooms sell milk so that would be a good protein source as well.

Silverback
02-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Im with bradly on this one, take sandwiches, the majority of school food is pants for a weight trainer. So you have to improvise and take your own sources of food.

Common
02-09-2003, 01:28 PM
Turkey sandwich? That would stay good wouldn't it?

bradley
02-10-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Common
Turkey sandwich? That would stay good wouldn't it?

Yeah, especially if you threw it in a small cooler or something, but I would imagine it would be fine just thrown in your backpack. If you go with turkey just make a couple of sandwiches with a little mayo (will give you some fats) and lost of turkey (protein).

Common
02-10-2003, 06:27 AM
Well not gonna take a cooler, dont have a bag... I could just put it in a baggy and it would be fine, right>?

Sledgehammer
02-10-2003, 07:12 AM
Natural Peanut butter no jelly on high fiber bread....

Raildog
02-10-2003, 07:24 AM
just get a small lined lunchbag to throw in a backpack, and any deli meat sandwich would be good for school, or put some protein powder in a shaker and buy some milk to add to it...

Raildog