PDA

View Full Version : How to Get Your Diet in Order While Living with Your Parents

hockeyplayer
02-09-2003, 08:09 PM
To all those who are like I was; living at home and having their diet suffer from it: Buy your parents "Body for Life" By Bill Phillips. I tried alot of things to get my parents to grocery shop in such a way as to accomodate my bodybuilding needs. This not only was the only thing that worked, but it started my Mom eating healthy and weight training too. This is much easier than trying to convince them yourself of why they should keep such-n-such nutritious food in such-n-such amount, and much easier than trying to convince them yourself that they should get in shape. Alot of you probably already knew this but I'm just so ecstatic it worked I had to yell it off a rooftop so to speak.:clap:

gopher
02-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Or you could go to the grocery store yourself and pick up some of your own food. :)

AstronautJones
02-10-2003, 12:18 AM
Nice work. I've heard good things about Bill Phillips' book. I'd be interested in reading it as well.

Shao-LiN
02-10-2003, 01:51 AM
I just give my parents a list of what I want and they buy it. Seemed easy enough. Hell, they eat 2/3 of what I eat, nothing different...beef, eggs, milk, fish, chicken, whole wheat. Parents like to eat the same foods too, hehe.

bradley
02-10-2003, 02:39 AM
I'm agree with gopher. I just offered to do the shopping for my parents and then I get to buy what I wanted to eat. Although they eat the same things I do.