PDA

View Full Version : omg dairy!

PaulB
02-10-2003, 12:45 AM
i just read somewheres that cutting you dont wanna drink milk!?
is this freaking true??
i drink like 3/4 a gallon a day and i been cutting for the past month!!

GIS
02-10-2003, 12:55 AM
Milk has a considerable amount of sugar hence the suggestion not to use it while cutting. It won't kill you, but it's also not the most effecient source of calories and protein for a cut.

bradley
02-10-2003, 02:44 AM
I tend to go with the calories in versus calories out. If you are counting the milk towards your total daily calories then you should be fine.

EdgeCrusher
02-10-2003, 05:49 AM
someone called it "vegan propaganda," but unflavored soy milk is a pretty decent source of protein and as long as you don't get vanilla or chocolate, i'm pretty sure there's not much sugar.

Raildog
02-10-2003, 07:49 AM
non-fat milk has 12g of carbs(11g lactose sugar)per cup and 8g of protein, so I wouldn't say the carbs are a considerable amount. As long as your within your own carb/pro/fat ratios and keep your calories a little under maintenance, you'll lose bodyfat. I drink milk with protein powder as late as 12:30am since I work 2nd shift and it has helped me drop bodyfat, so if it works, it works...

Raildog

GIS
02-10-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Raildog
non-fat milk has 12g of carbs(11g lactose sugar)per cup and 8g of protein, so I wouldn't say the carbs are a considerable amount.

If he's drinking 3/4 of a gallon a day, that is 144g of sugar from the milk alone. That is too much sugar for an effecient cut when combined with the carbs from normal meals and powders.

Some milk is fine for cutting... just use moderation.

restless
02-10-2003, 11:56 AM
If you live in the states it even has anabolic hormones they give to cows, including a bovine growth hormone that's active in humans and all....

I don't drink any milk, but like Bradley said, it's pretty much a case of calorie in versus calories out.

powerhalf
02-10-2003, 01:07 PM
Even before I started cutting last year, milk was one of my favorite foods (drinks?). The carb stuff notwithstanding, I've heard that it can contribute to acne. Of course, that may or may not be true, but it's been enough to make me not drink it anymore.

Alex.V
02-10-2003, 01:09 PM
Bovine growth hormone is active in humans? I was under the impression that growth hormone itself is not only digested by the gut (being a peptide hormone), but even were it injected directly, it's species-specific, so doesn't do diddly.

Excuse me, my fina is almost ready.

Saint Patrick
02-10-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Belial
Excuse me, my fina is almost ready.

LOL that's a quote for the ages right there.