PDA

View Full Version : I need another good egg yolk seperator

Raildog
02-10-2003, 07:30 AM
I have one that came with a measuring cup which is decent, but I'd like to find a second one so I can have it on hand. I haven't been able to find any such thing at Wal Mart or Kroger here, and my wife doesn't remember where she got this one.
What do you all use or recommend looking?

Raildog

sweet-physique
02-10-2003, 08:37 AM
You actually need a device to seperate the yolk from the white?

I've always just cracked the egg and utilized one half of the shell to scope out the yolk and let the white fall into the bowl or pan.

Am I doing something wrong?

Relentless
02-10-2003, 08:39 AM
I recommend buying "Just Egg Whites" in a carton (looks like a little milk carton) if you can . . . simplifies the entire process considerably! Faster than 'coddling' the egg yolk as s-p describes and not really that much more 'spensive.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-10-2003, 02:03 PM
I have a cool plastic implement that separates whites from yolkes.

Got it from Tesco. Check the utensil section of your supermarket.

Tiare
02-10-2003, 02:04 PM
Try a stainer. Just crack the egg, put it in the strainer. the yolk stays in the strainer and the white goes through.

Silverback
02-10-2003, 02:08 PM
lol, how lazy we are becoming:)

Separate the good ol fashioned way, you can then throw the yolks at unsuspecting passers by:D oh ye and run!

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-10-2003, 02:11 PM
Nine times out of ten, i always break the yolke if i try it that way.

I'm also crap as cracking the eggs open. I either crack them too much so the shall shatters in my hand, or i don't crack enough so the skin under the shell keeps it together and makes everything very messy.

Qea
02-10-2003, 02:19 PM
just shift the contents from one half of the shell to the other. The whites will all drip down into the bowl and you'll get the yolk unbroken in one of the shells.

it's so simple it's idiotic :D

here's a tip: yolks break less easy if the egg's really cold.

carolinagirl
02-10-2003, 02:47 PM
I break them all into a bowl and scoop out the yolks with my hand - just let the whites run between your fingers and hold the yolk gently.

It feels kinda gross but it's one less thing to wash.

Reinier
02-10-2003, 02:49 PM
lol. I keep mine right next to my sandwich smearer and my drink poorer

Raildog
02-11-2003, 08:15 AM
Check this seperator out!
http://www.stupid.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=store&Product_Code=EGSP

sweet-physique
02-11-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Raildog
Check this seperator out!
http://www.stupid.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=store&Product_Code=EGSP

LMAO:D