PDA

View Full Version : Cals

DelveyBoy
02-11-2003, 09:09 AM
i was wondering if you guys can guess how much cals i should be getting in a day.i am 16 yrs old,very fast metabolism and about 8%bf.my weight and height are below.

bradley
02-11-2003, 10:12 AM
I would say to just eat man, and eat a lot. At 6'3 150 you are needing to add some mass. What are you eating now? Whatever that total is just keep eating until you are gaining about a pound a week. What does your daily diet look like?

DelveyBoy
02-11-2003, 03:00 PM
i dunno what my daily diet looks like,as it varies from day to day.i can eat between 3-8 meals a day,depending on how active i am,how tired i am etc.

Workhorse
02-11-2003, 04:00 PM
Atleast 3000 cals would be a quick guess.

bradley
02-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by DelveyBoy
i dunno what my daily diet looks like,as it varies from day to day.i can eat between 3-8 meals a day,depending on how active i am,how tired i am etc.

First off you are going to have to be consistent to gain weight. Try and eat at least 5 meals a day and 6 if you can. I would start at around 2800 and go from there. Adjust the total up or down until you are gaining about a pound a week. Without consistently getting in your daily cals it is going to be tough to gain weight. Just plan out your meal times and stick to them. Good luck and post any questions that you have.

Manveet
02-11-2003, 07:24 PM
I agree with Bradley. When you're trying to gain weight, you have to build consistency with meals. At the early stages of a bulk you can probably get away with it and still put on the lbs. But as you get heavier, your gonna really have to squeeze in the meals and the cals in order to keep on gaining.

DelveyBoy
02-12-2003, 11:50 AM
thanks for the advice.i will try and sort out a diet over the next few days