PDA

View Full Version : Caloric Split...How Close?

wibble
02-11-2003, 11:59 AM
Hey all,

I'm going to be starting my diet soon, I'm hoping to do some grocery shopping today and maybe startup tomorrow. I've been wondering about something though before I get to planning.

At 5'8" 140lbs, I've decided to go with a 40c/30p/30f split and 18x bodyweight for my first bulk. This works out to about 42g carbs/32g protien/14g fat per meal spread over 6 meals.

I was thinking for my first meal, I would have:

1 serving Oatmeal
1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Whey
1 tablespoon Extra Light Olive Oil
1 cup Unsweetend Orange Juice

This almost fit my meal criteria, except Fitday calculates that to 51g carbs/28g protien/18g fat.

This kind of thing is what stopped me from starting a good diet in the past because I found it too frustrating trying to get everything exactly into proportion... So what I was really wondering is does it matter that I'm a little over/under in certain parts? As long as its close is that ok? Or should I try to eat 9g less carbs, 4g more protien and 4g less fat in my next meal? That seems a little unrealistic to me... :)

I wish they'd make pills with x amount of macro nutrient and you take x per meal. :D

I think thats the only question I had to ask for now.

Thanks for any help ;)
wibble

Shao-LiN
02-11-2003, 12:16 PM
Hehe...it's what it all amounts to at the end of the day that counts. I honestly don't even fit my diet to adhere to a 40/30/30 split per meal. I just make sure at the end of the day, the calories add up and it's around 40/30/30 total.

It's good to get a balanced meal, but it won't kill you to be like 9 grams over in carbs and 3 grams over in protein. That's just being silly.

wibble
02-11-2003, 12:23 PM
It's good to get a balanced meal, but it won't kill you to be like 9 grams over in carbs and 3 grams over in protein. That's just being silly.

Haha yeah definitely! :) I was just wondering how strict you all were on this kind of thing, but I was just being a bit paranoid I guess.

Now its on to the harder stuff, the other 5 meals. :rolleyes:
I'm pretty picky and lazy when it comes to cooking but I'll see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the fast reply btw. :D
wibble