PDA

View Full Version : The Chronicle

Pages : [1] 2

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-12-2003, 08:57 AM
Since i seem to have a bit more free time on my hands right now, i'll keep a little log of the up coming diet i'm gonna do.

I'm still in the midst of working out the numbers, but the official start day will be this Sunday. I have a day off today, and so far all i've done is lie in bed and laze around. I should really be doing some work or planning the diet a bit more but i can't see it happening. Day time television is absolutely appalling, and yet strangely attracting. Unfortunately diagnosis: Murder wasn't on today, so i've been watching Rikki Lake and Jerry Springer. I also find myself quite attracted to jenny Jones, in a strange sort of way. But that's another story.

I'm currently around the 16st mark (which is 224lbs), but before anyone gets the impression that i'm big, remember i'm 6' 3" and quite a fatty righ now. I'd say the high end of 18% bf.

The past 16 weeks i've been on a gaining cycle, and i'm up about 28lbs. it sounds a helluva lot, but consider that i came off a low carb diet, and my gut almost always has food in it when i weigh myself, even if it's first thing in the morning before eating. What's even stranger is that i got sick over new year week and dropped about 8lbs. Some food/water/glycogen yeah, but i suspect some muscle too. Shame really.

Anyhoo, i imagine the first two weeks' i'll drop about 6-8lbs of food/water/glycogen and by then i'll know my "proper" calorie level i should be gunning for and should be well in the swing of things.

The diet is gonna start of isocaloric, but as i get leaner and lighter and the calories have to drop, i'll take off mostly carbs and eventually i'll go back NHE for a few weeks. I had relative success with that in the past (although my tendency to overdo the carb loads with chocolate and vienettea has slowed my progress at times).

I'll start with calories around the 3000kcals mark at first, but imagine this will drop a bit by week 3-4 when i'm working with my "true" weight i.e. lost food in my gut.

I'll start with macros at:

250g pro
250g carbs
11g fat

Not exactly 3000kcals, but close enough.

I'll work out the meals before the end of the week and post them here.

I have some strange techniques i try when dieting, and my choice of supplements is quite narrow, but also quite strange at times. I'm sure you'll all see what i mean in due time.

Don't expect this to be updated everyday, or with workout breakdowns and such. I'm too lazy.

Meals will be standard - i have no prblem eating the same stuff day in, day out, but if anything changes i'll inform you all here.

Well then, that about covers it.

All questions welcome.

See you in a bit.

(P.s. The thread title is named after the local newspaper round here. I only point that out since BonnyLad joined the board and he might expose me for the plagerist i am :))

Blood&Iron
02-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
I'll start with macros at:

250g pro
250g carbs
11g fat

Not exactly 3000kcals, but close enough.

Ha.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-12-2003, 09:11 AM
Well spotted, Satan.

How does 111g sound then?

galileo
02-12-2003, 09:14 AM
I suspect you mean 111g?

Good luck on your goals!

galileo
02-12-2003, 09:14 AM
Stupid post-timing. I'll MURDER YOU.

Tryska
02-12-2003, 09:15 AM
:spam:-ity :spam: :spam:

ericg
02-12-2003, 09:24 AM
Good luck robboe!

Lizzie
02-12-2003, 09:43 AM
eric I am so disappointed in yoututtut

Paul Stagg
02-12-2003, 09:49 AM
It's about time.

What do you do for your bisheps? For the peak and all.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-12-2003, 10:00 AM
Actually, good question.

I suppose i should mention something regarding training.

Since this bulk started i've changed to a four-day split. But i gotta admit, i really haven't grown as i'd liked to have. I'm seriously thinking i just do much better on a three-day split, and that is regardless of the fact that i've progressed on pretty much everything most weeks.

My overhead pressing is dangerously close to my incline presses and my close-grip bench is merely 10kg (22lbs) away from my conventional bench. And this basically means nothing size-wise, as i just haven't seen growth as i'd like.

The current split was borrowed (read: blatantly stolen) from a split i read Gino was doing a little while back, and then amended slightly for my own days. It is as follows:

Sun: Thighs
Mon: delts, arms

Thurs: Back, calves
Fri: chest, abs

(although calves and abs rarely got a look in).

For arms i started off doing 2 sets of preachers and then 1 set of DB curls, but as time has gone by, i've kinda just resorted to a set or two of the DB curls.

When i was on my three-day split i did little or nothing for biceps and they seemed to grow.

Oh, and a little matter really pissing me off as of late is that the back of my right delt is in a bit of pain. However, it only ever hurts (read: no pain or anything remotely bad at ANY other time) when i do overhead pressing, and when i warm up for bench. After i'm warm it's fine. It's almost like a stiff pain.

But it's enough to make me leave the ol' delt training at home for a bit, or at least for next monday.

ericg
02-12-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Lizzie
eric I am so disappointed in yoututtut

First time i have heard that. besides it was robboe that gave you the #2 pencil.

Robboe has his shiat together and I am sure he isnt as fat as he leads himself to be. He will kick arse im sure. He is the diet guru - just has to apply it to himself.

MonStar
02-12-2003, 10:20 AM
GREAT to have you back here at WBB with a journal Robboe. Really looking forward to reading it. Good luck!

Lizzie
02-12-2003, 10:35 AM
eric you were using a pen so dont start with the pencil.:eek:

bradley
02-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Good luck with the journal and new diet TCD. While you are laying around watching TV you should catch an episode of Law and Order. IMO the best rerun on daytime (or nightime) television.

PowerManDL
02-12-2003, 04:37 PM
About time you got back to updating, w4nk3r.

the doc
02-12-2003, 04:40 PM
i hear seated shrugs are good for width whilst standing shrugs are good for thickness

:spam:

Miss Rezza
02-12-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
About time you got back to updating

:withstupi

........ and you'd better keep it up to date too!! :nod: ........ please.

Goodluck with it all Robboe! :D

btw, i was very relieved when i found out that yer 11g fat was just a typo!! :p

EdgarMex
02-12-2003, 04:59 PM
Good luck with your goals, Robboe, I'm sure this is going to be some interesting reading :thumbup:

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-13-2003, 05:47 AM
Well, i went out last night and drank a few too many double vodka and red bulls. My head is fine, but right now it feels like there's a party in my stomach and everyone is invited. Lets hope it sorts itself out for later when i train back.

IceRgrrl
02-13-2003, 05:52 AM
It's about time you got back to enlightening and entertaining us with your exploits in and out of the gym ;)

And quit that day time TV! Your IQ drops a few points for each hour of that crap that you subject yourself to. Don't thin the already small ranks of intelligent meatheads. :p

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-13-2003, 06:00 AM
Well, i caught an episode of the X-files earlier so it's not as bad i suppose. I learned some big words from Dana Scully. I feel all educated now.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-13-2003, 06:18 AM
Right, how about a ridiculously old photo of me from a house party.

I was caught licking my lips here by the way, in case anyone thinks my mouth is open and i have no teeth.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-13-2003, 06:28 AM
And now one of my marvellous city. Or at least the river that runs through it.

bradley
02-13-2003, 06:38 AM
Looks like a pretty cool place. What is the estimated population , if you happen to know off the top of your head?

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-13-2003, 06:47 AM
About a million.

It's England's 6th biggest city, behind London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and Sheffield.

We're going for the European Capital of Culture award for 2008, so there's quite a bit of building work and renovations going on right now.

BennettBoy
02-13-2003, 07:04 AM
Yeah, your city looks ace Rob. Good luck with your diet. You know this dieting stuff backwards and forwards......now just time to see if you can apply it to yourself. :D

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-14-2003, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I'm doubting the food is an issue these days.

Beer O'clock, however...

yes, i've been out again. At 10:30pm i was quite content catcing up on the WWF on TV, but i got a text off a beautiful lady friend of mine to meet them at a club. (Them as in three beautiful women).

Now who am i to deprive them of Robboe?

Exxxxxxxxxactly.

So, yeah.

Pup
02-15-2003, 06:20 AM
What you should have done was called up me so you didn't have to let those 3 vultures attack you, they could have attacked the both of us, btw, i was piss drunk from that cabernet.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-15-2003, 09:10 AM
Yeah baby!

Red wine rocks.

So little gets you quite drunk, regardless of your tolerance for alcofrol.

Maki Riddington
02-15-2003, 06:28 PM
Man you're fat in that pic, what happened to you?

Franjipani
02-15-2003, 07:50 PM
Heya Robboe, just found your journal.... thought I'd check up on ya... gotta make sure your not going OTT on the alcomohol eh??? tuttut.

You looking bigger with every pic hon....well done ! :thumbup:

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-15-2003, 08:14 PM
Do you retards not read?

That picture was taken when i was 16. And i was horrendously skinny, no musckles or fat.

Haha, jesus people, pay more attention.

Right, yes, i've been out again and i'm going out tomorrow, but i'm not planning to drink tomorrow. Not planning anyway.

Legs tomorrow morning :eek:

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Hold on a sec, maki, were you trying to be funny by insinuating that the fat kid on the left is me?

Maki Riddington
02-15-2003, 08:46 PM
:thumbup:

Silverback
02-16-2003, 08:40 AM
lol,

nice to see your getting a journal going again :)

Watch how much booze your consuming fella, wouldn't want you drifting off the rails again, would we?

good luck,

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-16-2003, 02:31 PM
Well, pretty bad start day of a diet. I'll start it tomorrow.

Diets always "start tomorrow" haha.

Trained legs successfully today and then went out for the entire day seeing friends i haven't seen since before christmas. Didn't drink though, but a couple of us were starving by the end of it so we bypassed Pizza Hut for a bite on the way home.

I haven't actually worked out any foods to fit the numbers yet either.

Franjipani
02-16-2003, 07:57 PM
That picture was taken when i was 16. And i was horrendously skinny, no musckles or fat.
Haha, jesus people, pay more attention.

*ahem*

Better watch who u calling retard.....:mad:

<<< has a mean left hook....

So where is this "after" pic then sparky ;). The last one I saw was pretty damn post worthy :D

Blood&Iron
02-17-2003, 07:20 AM
by·pass also by-pass ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bps)
n.
A highway or section of a highway that passes around an obstructed or congested area.
A pipe or channel used to conduct gas or liquid around another pipe or a fixture.
A means of circumvention.
Electricity. See shunt.
Medicine.
An alternative passage created surgically to divert the flow of blood or other bodily fluid or circumvent an obstructed or diseased organ.
A surgical procedure to create such a channel: a coronary artery bypass; a gastric bypass.

tr.v. by·passed, by·pass·ing, by·pass·es
To avoid (an obstacle) by using an alternative channel, passage, or route.
To be heedless of; ignore: bypassed standard office procedures.
To channel (piped liquid, for example) through a bypass.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-17-2003, 07:35 AM
How enlightening.

Blood&Iron
02-17-2003, 07:45 AM
Trained legs successfully today and then went out for the entire day seeing friends i haven't seen since before christmas. Didn't drink though, but a couple of us were starving by the end of it so we bypassed Pizza Hut for a bite on the way home.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-17-2003, 07:48 AM
Oh, not to worry, I know exactly why you pasted it.

I wasn't thinking straight at the time.

It doesn't stop me being the genius I am though.

Maki Riddington
02-17-2003, 08:24 AM
B&I feels that he has competition now. Take it as a compliment.:D

Blood&Iron
02-17-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
B&I feels that he has competition now. Take it as a compliment.:D
No, I'm just being an asshole. No reason.

Maki Riddington
02-17-2003, 08:42 AM
Fine, you're an asshole then.

Blood&Iron
02-17-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
Fine, you're an asshole then.
More sig material.

Thanks.

Maki Riddington
02-17-2003, 08:59 AM
Wouldn't it be double quotations not single ones for a quote?

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Quit bitchin' in my journal.

Bitches.

Maki Riddington
02-17-2003, 04:41 PM
Go away CD.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Keep it schtum, bayotch.

Anyhoo, since this is a journal, here's a meal plan i have written up in the past hour.

I'll follow this diet for the rest of the week and see how my weight changes. I may need to give it at least two weeks to see proper effect but we'll see.

I've been guessing my meals lately and just eating anything, but making sure i get some good protein, carbs and fat in every meal.

This meal plan is for almost 3000kcals. I have a feeling i'll actually gain weight on this, but we shall see.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-17-2003, 04:57 PM
And here's a photo of me. In all my glory.

Maki Riddington
02-17-2003, 04:59 PM
Whoa, well done on your bulk job matey!
Looking swole.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-17-2003, 05:01 PM
lmao.

BennettBoy
02-17-2003, 05:08 PM

Jesus Christ Robboe....I had no idea you were that frickin' big.

Nice job man and keep it up!

A+

Franjipani
02-17-2003, 05:24 PM

Blood&Iron
02-17-2003, 06:33 PM

Behold the power of Photoshop.

You still look great, though. I hate you.

BennettBoy
02-17-2003, 07:58 PM
Oops. Well, you still look great I guess :D

Frozenmoses
02-17-2003, 08:02 PM
Damn, you're a big boi. Did some monkeys throw crap at you during that photo?

bradley
02-18-2003, 03:09 AM
Looking large CD. Keep up the good work.:thumbup:

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-18-2003, 10:17 AM
Haha, yeah, in all honesty that is Herc's latest morph. I've attached the original if you're curious. I wasn't planning to make it public but i'm past caring now.

Today would be the first official day of the diet, but i forgot to defrost the chicken, so that meal will be a bit make shift.

No training till thursday.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-18-2003, 11:14 AM
I'm sick of this weighing and measuring crap already, and i've only been doing it since 9am this morning...

PowerManDL
02-18-2003, 11:15 AM
Loser.

Herc
02-18-2003, 11:18 AM
Haha, yeah, in all honesty that is Herc's latest morph.

Yup, Rob has experienced the AWSOME POWER of Herc-Tech and Nitro-Herc. in combination they can add almost 20 lbs of mass in 1 or 2 hours!!

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-18-2003, 11:19 AM
Yeah, and you were even considerate enough to give me a tan.

Nice one.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Food is good.

I'm flattening out already a bit, which just goes to show how many carbs i must have been eating before. I'm on 250g a day still right now and i'm flattening! It sucks too, cause it makes my fat look worse. Bastards.

I gotta remember to weigh myself on friday morning cause i'm out that night and the beerski will skew my weight on the usual saturday morning weigh-ins.

ectx
02-19-2003, 05:11 PM
The unherc'd pic doesn't look bad, Chigs. You might wanna put some lotion on that rash though.

beerski good.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-19-2003, 05:17 PM
Beerski very good.

What rash?

bradley
02-20-2003, 03:16 AM
Just curious as to what you are studying in school Robboe? Getting accustomed to that new diet yet?

YatesNightBlade
02-20-2003, 03:36 AM
What Rash !!!! Pfffttt ..... don't act like you don't know about it.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-20-2003, 05:25 AM
Ah but Yates, that rash isn't visible from that photo.

Bradley, Computing for business, which is a short way of saying Computer programming and software development.

And yeah, almost in full diet mentally and it sucks more than Yates on a good day.

ericg
02-20-2003, 06:51 AM
lol @ yates sucking.

glad to hear diet is in full swing man!!

BennettBoy
02-20-2003, 07:12 AM
Robboe, obvioulsy I can't see your whole body in the picture you posted, but dang....I don't see any fat issues with what I do see. Looks very solid! What is your height and weight again?

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-20-2003, 10:57 AM
In that photo i was around 14% i'd say. If you look at the bottom of my chest you can see the stubborn bf i have there. It doesn't quite cut across like a really lean chest would.

In that photo i was about 195lbs and i'm 6'3". I was quite depleted at the time of the photo (the carb load was that night after 4 days low carbs [NHE]) and it was after about 16 or so weeks of dieting.

I'm currently still 6'3" and i was 224lbs as of last week. I imagine (i'll tell you for definite tomorrow morning) i'm about 218lbs or so now. bf probably around the 18-20% range.

I had sweet potato again earlier for the first time in months. It's really quite nice. I used to cut it into chunks and boil it in a pan of water, but the other day a guy at the gym suggested just microwaving it like i would a normal jacket potato. So i did and it only took about 6 minutes and wasn't too shabby. I'm a very lazy-and-want-things-now kind of person. I eat most things cold and don't cook oats or anything. Just throw them in a bowl and eat. I really can't be arsed to faff on with crap like that, so a 6-minute potato does me nicely :thumbup:

Tryska
02-20-2003, 11:02 AM
well aren't you looking lickable these days?

by the the way...the time is now beer-thirty.

buh-bye.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-20-2003, 03:45 PM
Sounds good.

Did back tonight. It went well, but i was in the gym for too long by my own stanards. it was quite empty except for some good lads who are good crack, so i took time to talk to them and rip on each one individually. Anyhoo, good session it was.

Diet hasn't been a problem. I'd much rather be stuffing my face silly and going out drinking, but hey. In four months i'll be able to do that again. Ace.

I was actually planning to go to an R'n'B night tonight, and not drink but i can't afford a taxi and there's no room in the car with mah brothas. I'm out tomorrow though.

I must remember to weigh myself tomorrow morning.

Ten squids says i forget.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-21-2003, 08:39 AM
Ha Ha, you all owe me 10 squids. Bitches.

I'm 4lbs lighter from last week. Usually that'd be unacceptable (2lbs per week MAX) but since i'm still in the transition stages of this, for the first couple of weeks over 2lbs loss is alright.

By week three, if i'm still losing more than 2lbs per week, then i'll up the calorieeeeees.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-21-2003, 01:19 PM
Did chest tonight. Good session with 6 good sets. Even decided to do DB bench instead of BB and managed to crack my PB and set a new one of 50k per hand for 5 good reps. Not bad seeing as how i've not done DB's for about 6 months.

The back of my right shoulder is still bothering me a bit but once i'm warmed up it doesn't affect me as much. I've dropped incline pressing altogether for now. Incline flyes don't seem to bother it much though, so they're my stand in.

Beerski tomorrow.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-23-2003, 07:47 AM
Last night was aight. I was planning on going out with my mates, but the night sorta fell through, so i went out with my sisters and their boyfriends. Ended up at the gate in Newcastle. It's well posh in there. In Bar Beyond, half the Newcastle team walked past me. I saw Jermaine Jenas (watch out for him kiddies, he's a future England captain), Nikos Dabizas, Carl Cort, Shola Ameobi (another England International for the future) and then i swooned. Not only did i see Gary Speed, the premiership's most experienced player, but then walked by Mr Shearer himself. One of the world's greatest ever players. He was only two foot away from me. Which was well cool.

Anyhoo, i've noticed that getting drunk on beer is totally different to getting drunk on vodka. With vodka i get in a giddy mood and everything is cool. With beer i slur my words, fall about the place, do silly things and wake up more dehydrated than usual the next morning.

And then i went and did legs. I avoided SLDLs today in a bid to rest my right shoulder a bit, but one thing i noticed was that when i use my hands to steady my legs on the press, it hurts the back of both shoulders. It got me wondering whether it was the leg press that caused my shoulder problem?

Ah well, diet will be back on track today. Yesterday was fine except for the beer.

I really need to start doing work now.

Twin Peak
02-24-2003, 04:34 PM
Good start, Rob. Looking forward to following this.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-24-2003, 04:49 PM
Hey boyo. Keep checking back for more frivolous frolics.

Right. Did some maths yesterday.

I estimated myself at 14%bf at the end of my last cut. At 195lbs that means:

167.7lbs LBM
27.3lbs fat

End of my bulk i estimated myself at about 20% and at 224lbs that means:

179.2lbs LBM
44.8lbs fat

Which means a difference of:

+11.5lbs LBM
+17.5lbs Fat

Ouch! A lot more fat than i'd like, but these are, of course, estimates.

I didn't gain 29lbs of real weight. I added water/glycogen and food weight in the first few weeks. It is also this that i'm in the midst of dropping right now. Today marks the official first week of cutting done.

I'm still quite impressed with nearly 12lbs non-fat added in just over 16 weeks. I have some big plans for my next bulk, but that is a fair way off yet. My focus is on this current cut for now.

Trained arms today. I did no OH pressing, but did some light side laterals which didn't hurt my shoulder.

8k's for 15 reps.
10k's for 15 reps.
12k's for 15 reps.

Crazy burn like.

And then did triceps and biceps as normal. With some added drop sets and supersets.

The two said principles have been a bit neglected by myself this past bulk. In hidnsight i wish i'd employed them more. I relied too much on progressive overload, which DOES work, but the added intensity of said principles may have made a bit more difference.

From now on in i am officially an animal in regards to training.

Twin Peak
02-24-2003, 05:06 PM

LMAO!

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-24-2003, 05:12 PM
hey, the title doesn't lie, remember?

Maki Riddington
02-24-2003, 05:18 PM
How can you train after a night of drinking? That's animalistic.

Blood&Iron
02-24-2003, 08:08 PM

I estimated myself at 14%bf at the end of my last cut. At 195lbs that means:

167.7lbs LBM
27.3lbs fat

End of my bulk i estimated myself at about 20% and at 224lbs that means:

179.2lbs LBM
44.8lbs fat

Which means a difference of:

+11.5lbs LBM
+17.5lbs Fat

Ha!
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=244017&highlight=One%2FAndrospray#post244017

Oh, wait...
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=280070&highlight=lbm#post280070

BAH!

Ahh...overrated.

Try HST. You'll see.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-25-2003, 09:19 AM
I would like to try HST, but i really enjoy training with heavy weights. I'm not really strong in comparison to some of the assclowns on this board, but i do like my strength and the way it's going. I'll give it a go eventually.

Is the book available yet? I wouldn't mind something enw to read.

hey, another Q - is Lyle writing a follow up to the bromo book, or is it something new altogether? I got a chapter on why diets fail off MFW. It sounds really interesting. I'm still vexed that you can't get the bromo book hard copy. I can't concentrate properly reading stuff off a screen.

And my bf% is estimated. I hate fat and i always think i'm fat so i may have over-estimated. The calipers (3-point) said i was 11%, so i added 3% potential error and kinda agreed with it by the look of myself.

Not to worry though, i'll aim for about 12%bf within about ten weeks, then you can kiss my ass. :)

And Maki, i know it sounds bad in some respects, but i've done it many, many times. Sometimes i wish i had waited a day, but that usually messes my other schedules up too much. The best thing of my old three-day split was that i could shift days around easy without causing much of a problem at all.

On an unrelated note, i've put in my order for some Lipoderm-Y. I won't be using it for a few weeks yet though. I wanna get rid of this twatty fat under my tits. Maybe some on the love handles/lower abs if i feel the it necessary.

fuzz
02-25-2003, 10:39 AM
From what I've heard, Lyle might be working on an HST brochure with Bryan to put HST into laymen's terms for average Joe bodybuilder. Though who knows when that will come out, if ever. Haycock is still working on the main book, no word on a release date, though.

Also, my order for Lipoderm should be arriving today. I'll be interested to see how it works for you. I'm trying to get to 8% or so before beginning my bulk, hopefully Lipoderm will help me get rid of the love handles.

I second B&I's recommendation of HST. Good luck with animal specific training, though =).

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-25-2003, 10:43 AM
What bf% are you currently at?

fuzz
02-25-2003, 10:44 AM
Haven't measured in a week or two...last time I was at 12% or so.

Blood&Iron
02-25-2003, 11:47 AM
I would like to try HST, but i really enjoy training with heavy weights. I'm not really strong in comparison to some of the assclowns on this board, but i do like my strength and the way it's going. I'll give it a go eventually.

Is the book available yet? I wouldn't mind something enw to read.

hey, another Q - is Lyle writing a follow up to the bromo book, or is it something new altogether? I got a chapter on why diets fail off MFW. It sounds really interesting. I'm still vexed that you can't get the bromo book hard copy. I can't concentrate properly reading stuff off a screen.

I too dislike reading from a screen and held off of buying the bromo book for a long time for that very reason. When I finally broke down and got it, I realized it was nothing to worry about. It really isn't at all bad.

While there isn't a hardcopy available yet (so far as I'm aware) you can now buy it in PDF format, so you can print it out yourself. It's not too long--maybe 40-50 pages, if I remember correctly.

His next book (unless he's changed his mind) should be based around the diet/training regime he let me in on, and I've been using the past few months.

And my bf% is estimated. I hate fat and i always think i'm fat so i may have over-estimated. The calipers (3-point) said i was 11%, so i added 3% potential error and kinda agreed with it by the look of myself.

Not to worry though, i'll aim for about 12%bf within about ten weeks, then you can kiss my ass. :)

I can kiss your ass now. You're doing much better than me. I'm still fat. Dunno what my bf% is--haven't had it tested for awhile. It's bettter, but still too high.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-25-2003, 12:39 PM
Well ok, but make it a quick one.

Not too wet.

Blood&Iron
02-25-2003, 01:01 PM
Well ok, but make it a quick one.

Not too wet.
Quotations are only funny if they're correct.

Ah, maybe not...

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-25-2003, 02:52 PM
LOL.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-27-2003, 01:26 PM
Definately a different mind-set in the gym now. I'm quite disappointed i never realised it sooner. Anyway, no point to mull on the past. The time is now.

Back and calves. Brilliant session employing supersets.

I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning and see what the crack is and what's changed. I'll start to make diet amendments as of tomorrow. I also need to go buy myself some flax and maybe some fish oil caps sometime this week. Hopefully tomorrow but knowing me i'll forget.

I may be out tonight, but i'll not drink. Just the R'n'B night and it gets chocka-block so should be good if i go.

Definately out tomorrow. Not planning on drinking then either. I'll train at the usual time of about 6:30pm, get home around 8ish and i'll get showered and eat before meeting the lads around 10ish. Be in the club by 11. I don't really see the point of even drinking at this time so I don't think i'll bother. I'll take a week off the stuff methinks.

Miss Rezza
02-28-2003, 02:05 AM
[Definately out tomorrow. Not planning on drinking then either. I'll train at the usual time of about 6:30pm, get home around 8ish and i'll get showered and eat before meeting the lads around 10ish. Be in the club by 11. I don't really see the point of even drinking at this time so I don't think i'll bother. I'll take a week off the stuff methinks. [/B]

pffffft! Yeah, i'll believe that when i see it!! :rolleyes:

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-28-2003, 04:29 AM
Someone clearly doesn't realise the potential of my sustain.

I weighed in 2.5lbs lighter today. It's not a big enough drop after only 12 days to make a dietary change so i'll keep everything static for now. Hopefully by next weigh in my calorie level will be right about the 0.5-1.5lb loss region.

Chest later on.

Franjipani
02-28-2003, 04:38 AM
Definately a different mind-set in the gym now. I'm quite disappointed i never realised it sooner. Anyway, no point to mull on the past. The time is now.

Luv it :thumbup:

bradley
02-28-2003, 05:46 AM
How long are you going isocaloric before you switch over to NHE? Glad to hear of the new found intensity in the gym;)

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-28-2003, 08:36 AM
As long as i fancy. There's no real set time. I haven't set any deadlines, which is good in one sense cause i can just keep plugging away, but in another it's bad cause i have no real destination...other then to keep plugging away. I'm kinda erratic and spontaneous like that. One day i'll just suddently decide it's time to bulk again and vice versa.

I do suspect that once i take cals away, i'll start with the carbs primarily and once the carb meals get so pityful i'll put all my carb meals into the first three or so of the day and have the remaining 3 as pro+fat only, and once the cals keep coming off, once there's almost no point eating carbs, i'll switch to proper NHE. Probably be in about 10-12 weeks if anything.

And since i may be training earlier today, it means i may go out earlier and if i do, i'll be drinking. So Rene was sort right lol.

Lizzie
02-28-2003, 10:15 PM
You wont be training period if you dont go to bed and put down the vodka and coke!!!!!!:alcoholic

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-03-2003, 04:24 PM
I was a bit rough on Saturday morning. Stayed up till 7am talking to lizzie on MSN whilst putting back the double vodka and cokes.

Can you say "cotton mouth"?

Anyhoo, training legs yesterday and arms today was great. Still no overhead pressing for delts, but my side laterals seem to be alright providing my focus is completely on the movment and there's no cheating.

Today marks my official two weeks of dieting. it's went rather quickly, but that doesn't stop it from sucking so much.

I'm gonna order some ALA soon for use when i change my diet around to NHEish. Not quite proper NHE, but a variation of it i did last cut that was rather successful. I'll use the ALA post workout with my dex/malt/protein shake. There's more to come yet information-wise. I have lots of tricksies up my sleevsies that you'll all discover eventually :)

Miss Rezza
03-03-2003, 07:58 PM
So Rene was sort right lol.

Renee is always right!

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-05-2003, 06:27 AM
Very good.

I'm going out tonight. Definately not drinking though so i'll just meet the lads and go straight to the club. I can't afford to drink cause i'm already booked in to go out for a meal and sink some cheeky ones for a little shin-dig cause of a circle of friends, the girlfriend of one lad is moving up from London to live with him, so this is her "Welcome to Newcastle" suprise. She only thinks that she's going out for a "quiet meal for two" with her boyfriend, but inr eality there'll be about fifteen of us already at the restaurant waiting for her :) I've also agreed to go out on friday, but again, i'll not drink. When i'm cutting i only allow myself one night (notice, not day but night) of straying for the diet. When i first cut i used to set aside an entire day whereby if i knew i was going out that night, i'd just break diet all day. But i learned fast and don't make those mistakes anymore. I'll stick to diet all the way up until the meal, i'll not go overboard with the food (prolly have some pasta or maybe a steak - sometime along those lines) and then i'll have a moderate drink. But tonight and this friday i will certainly not drink. Renee can "pfft..." all she likes, but i am a resiliant little twat when i want to be so i'll stand firm.

On a side note, my ALA and glutamine arrived today. I bet most of you never thought i'd be saying that about the latter, but it has it's use, but i don't plan to use it for a while yet. Same goes for the ALA. I'll reveal just what i'll use them for when the time comes. I think Mike is gonna send off my LipoDerm-Y today too, so hopefully i'll have that before next week. Again, i don't plan on using it for a few weeks yet but i'll inform you all when i do. I've wanted to try it for a while though. I've asked B&I his recommendations and anything else he could tell me cause i know he's used it before, but if anyone has used LipoDerm-Y or Yohimburn or anything that uses topical Yohimbine, i'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. Usually most lads apply it to their chests, lower abs and love handles, but like B&I being different with his quads, i'm considering also applying it to my arms where my deltoid attaches to the bone. Or at least that vaccinity. As well as my lower chest region where i've had some stubborn bodyfat for as long as i can remember - leading all the way back to my 'fat-as-****' days.

By the way, i know people are usually interested in learning what supplements others use, which i will tell when i come to using them, but for now all i'm using is:

Multivitamin/multimineral.
Extra vitamin C, E, zinc and calcium.
EAS simply whey.
maltodextrin (i either need to order more or just go buy some cheap-ass dextrose from boots again - providing they still stock it cause i last time when i bought some the way the lassie was acting i dunno if they sell much of the stuff).
Green tea (to the tune of 2-3 cups a day right now).

I still need to buy myself some flax oil and fish oil caps. I went to the MetroCentre for a short while last night and walked past Holland and Barretts (where i usually get my flax) but never thought before hand to take money with me. I'm kicking myself for it now, but i imagine i'll try and pop in there tomorrow between lectures or actually leave the house on a Saturday (as opposed to sitting in watching footy or rugby all day - damn the six nations stealing my time) to buy some.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-05-2003, 06:32 AM
By the way, here is some photos of the coast line near me.

The first is of Tynemouth Priory - an extremely old priory that the monks used to live in, but the Vikings ****ed over when they invaded. it's such a cool-ass place to run around.

In the summer the Royal Shakespere Company come up and perform. You buy your tickets, bring a picnic, wine and a blanket and sit on the grass under the stars while they act around you. I've never been but i'd really like to. it sounds cool as hell.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-05-2003, 06:34 AM
And here is one of my favourite beaches, longsands.

I also love King Edward's bay, which is a much smaller bay right next to the priory when we used to play football when it's warmer in the summer.

IceRgrrl
03-05-2003, 06:47 AM
Wow! Those are some beautiful, stunning pictures :) The outdoor Shakespeare performance sounds like a great event...

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-05-2003, 06:53 AM
Yeah, it does. But unfortunately tickets are like goldust.

They only do so many performances a summer and they only allow a certain amount of people at a time.

I probably have more chance of a getting a season ticket for the Toon than tickets to one of the performances.

ericg
03-05-2003, 06:57 AM
Looks awesome man. Very nice.

Lizzie
03-05-2003, 08:40 AM
Those are fantastic pics!!! The outdoor shakespeare would be such a great experience!

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-05-2003, 09:02 AM
This is the North Pier of the mouth of the river Tyne. You can see the South Pier in the distance.

Lizzie
03-05-2003, 09:08 AM
wow you took those???? fantastic pics!!!

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-05-2003, 09:11 AM
I wish. I've borrowed them from a site the brother of my sister's boyfriend has recently done: www.tynemouth-lifeboat.co.uk

I just really like the coast line and wanted to share it with you all.

fuzz
03-05-2003, 09:39 AM
TCD: I just started Lipoderm today, actually. So you could watch my progress with it in my journal if ya like.

So far today it seemed interesting, I had a burning/tingling thing going on in my abs for a few hours. Something was going on down there.

BennettBoy
03-05-2003, 02:50 PM
Robboe, I'm taking ALOT of glutamine right now cutting for my show. Do you think I would benefit too from ALA? I've been thinking of getting some but haven't yet. It sounds like you would take ALA first before glutamine?

Franco
03-06-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by BennettBoy
Robboe, I'm taking ALOT of glutamine right now cutting for my show. Do you think I would benefit too from ALA? I've been thinking of getting some but haven't yet. It sounds like you would take ALA first before glutamine?

Definately Craig. ALA is a superb supp, when dieting if you can afford it 2-3g per day will do nicely

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-06-2003, 10:52 AM
2-3g Fran?!

I would have said more like 600-800mg spread out through the day.

Isn't 3g a bit excessive?

We don't want his blood ph going crazy now. But then again, i've never used the stuff yet myself so can't say.

Craig, the ALA will be during my NHE shift when i doa modified version. I'll still be taking in carbs post w/o (and prolly carbing once a week) so i'll be using it under these circumstances.

The glutamine is gonna be used on an empty stomach in the morning and before bed to make best use of any hGH i can get from it. In general, growth hormone (besides injection) is quite overrated, but when i get to the situation of stubborn bf then it may make all the difference.

On a side note, i went to H'n'B's today and picked up a bottle of flax oil and some fish oil caps. The fish caps are actually going for half price so i picked up 250 for a mere 8 squids (excellent value for any fellow brits interested). I would have just bought 500, but I was lacking in the financial department at the time, so i picked up a half price 250 caps tub and a half price 100 cap tub. So i have (obviously) 350 caps right now.

I've started including the flax already (probably 2tsp a day, simply taking out 2tsp of my walnut oil) but the fish caps won't be used for a few weeks yet.

I thrash my back later.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-06-2003, 10:57 AM
oh, by the way, I did indeed go out last night and did not drink.

Did you see that Renee? The part that says: "did not drink."

:D

I'm supposed to be going out to an RnB night tonight too, again i'll refrain from drinking. I've also been roped into going out again tomorrow, and then saturday is my meal/drink night. Ace.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-07-2003, 09:49 AM
Well, again my resiliance excels. I went out to LoveDought at Ikon last night and refrained from drinking. It was an ace night too. A lot of the black players from the Toon were there. In fact, all in all there was close to three thousand people in there last night. It's probably the busiest night of the week now, even more so than the weekends. i suspect i'll return there next week also. I'm probably out tonight also, again, not drinking.

Anyhoo, i weighed myself this morning and i'm another 2.5lbs down. Usually, after the third weigh-in this would be unacceptable and i'd up the cals, but since i was clubbing last night and dancing for a solid 2.5 hours, i'm guessing at least 1lb of the loss is lack of water (and i weighed myself after the bathroom and before eating/drinking). Last week when i weighed in i hadn't been out the night before.

So yeah, even though there are general guidelines, it's always a good idea to consider the other variables involved.

I just hope the dancing and late nights don't effect my training too much. Yesterday's back workout was brilliant (as all training lately) but unfortunately my strength didn't go up on much, and on a couple of exercises i regressed. But i put this down to me trying a different exercise for a change. I did DB rows for the first time in a long time and the exercises after that seemed to suffer. I'll be getting more used to the calorie deficit too, which explains a lot.

I have chest a bit later, i'll come home and have something to eat, maybe come on here for a short while and then i'll be out by ten.

bradley
03-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Robboe,

How much zinc do you supplement with and what time are you taking it?

I was thinking about trying out ZMA (make my own) but would it matter much if I took it with my last meal, or could I take it in the middle of the night as I usually have to get up and use the restroom at least once a night?

How much of each do you recommend using? I was thinking 30mg zinc, 500mg Mg, and 10mg of B-6.

Thanks

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-09-2003, 10:15 AM
I only take an extra 15mg on top of my multivit/min and whatever else it comes in via food. I don't want a copper deficiency so i go easy.

I tend to take it with 400ui of vitamin E once i get home after training. No particular reason, i just do. The Vit E i've been taking post w/o for ages. I read something by Maki about it helping reduce soreness or something.

I can't remember what the doses for the purchasable ZMA are. You should just check the labels and make them up from that.

If anyone else is curious, i take the extra calcium and vitamin C pre-training. At least, providing i remember to i do. The extra Calcium is cause i read somewhere about it possibly being a rate limiting factor of fat burning. Some tosh like that anyway. And the C is for cortisol control during lifting.

I went out for a meal last night. A nice posh restaurant called Zizzi. T'was rather expensive also. The bill for 14 of us came to 305 squids. We spent 125 squids on red wine alone. Fifteen bottles of wine in total. Kerazee.

After that i had a few pints of beer and that was it. The wine went straight to my head though. I must admit however, the bolognase is quite easily the nicest i have ever eaten in my life.

I alsor efrained from eating loads of junk when i got in the house drunk. I was tempted for cereal and all the rest, but i made myself a tuna sandwich with my remaining mayonaise and that was it. I treated myself to a proper cup O'tea too.

I managed to get up today alright and havea good session. This is the one i was most worried about cause i've been out every night since wednesday. I popped an EC before i ate breakfast too, cause i didn't want any tiredness of fatigue get in the way.

The workout itself went faaaaantasic. The double drop sets on squats and drop sets on the leg press were enough, and then the negatives on the extentions were just mental. Fun though.

Time for another strict week of dieting.

Miss Rezza
03-09-2003, 09:53 PM
oh, by the way, I did indeed go out last night and did not drink.

Did you see that Renee? The part that says: "did not drink."

Yes!! I saw it.... but whether i believe it or not is another issue!

;)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-10-2003, 04:45 PM
It's true I tells ya!

But as much as i hate short diary updates (i hate clicking on links, letting the thread load and then realising it's just a one line reply) here is one anyway.

Diet is going swell. No cravings, no hunger (other than when i don't eat a meal on time), no problems.

Training is also equally as swell. Strength remains and is growing on some lifts.

I just watched the Ernie Taylor, "Taylor Made" video. It's basically him training in Dorian's gym. It's decent, but "Blood and guts" beats it down with a blunt implement. Ernie just doesn't have the fire or intensity that Dorian had. And that's why he'll never be a champion. And he sure does like his drop sets (albeit he takes ages to actually do them so they might as well be a totally different set).

I can't wait to start gaining again.

BennettBoy
03-10-2003, 05:27 PM

I can't wait to start gaining again.

I can tell you are really diggin' this cutting cycle you are on Robboe....LOL.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-10-2003, 06:05 PM
Yep...doesn't get much better than this...

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-11-2003, 08:35 AM
Christ are my legs getting sore from Sunday...

Recieved my order from 1fast400 today. Since he does such good service i figure this would be an ideal to plug him. Good deals and good service.

Anyway, i have my LipoDerm-Y which i shall use eventually.

I also have some bulking goodies :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-13-2003, 05:40 AM
This monday marks my fourth week cutting. Things are going well, but i think it's about time i did some sort of refeed. I have back tonight and then i expect i'll be going out tonight, again refraining from drinking. If i go out another night during the weekend, again i won't drink so i can save a high calorie day for Sunday when i shall refeed. I have no cravings for cheats or anything, so this first refeed will be pure carbs with no added fat. So that's basically gonna be lots of oats, spagghetti, bread (maybe) and i still have some several year old Pro-MR sachets left upstairs in my cupboard i need to use, so i'll probably have one of those. Overall i'll aim for about 500g carbs for the entire day. I'll probably also crack open my ALA for this and take about 1200mg spread out throughout the day.

ericg
03-13-2003, 06:34 AM
Hard to believe it has been 4wks already. Time flyEs.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Yeah, tell me about it.

I went out last night. No drinking for me. In fact, i think i may kick alcohol for a while, go T-total and see what comes of it.

My back workout last night was good, and chest today went well. I'm really digging these drop sets lately. I can see them really working well on a bulk for adding some good mass.

I also weighed in today, 2lbs down. I was well dehydrated though from dancing last night, so i've went and made my diet amendments anyway. These are the amendments i was supposed to make last week but held off since i believed some of the weight loss to be water.

I've also made a slight tweak in that i've taken out two tsp of my walnut oil and replaced them with 8 fish oil caps. I realise the literature dictates closer to 12-15 (some going as high as 40) caps a day, but i really can't afford that degree of supplementation.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Oh, and although i'll probably go out tomorrow, i really need to refrain from alcohol again cause i'm thinking i could really do with a good refeed on sunday.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-16-2003, 07:44 AM
Well, i did as i intended and the refeed has begun. I'm keeping a little log of what i eat today carb-wise and i'll update later when i've worked out a good estimate of how many carbs i've ate.

I'm not using this opportunity to cheat cause i don't really need to, but i did get some tasty peak body low fat flap jacks (41g carbs a bar) and a bottle of some sugary crappy protein than does taste rather ace.

Legs went well today. I probably did the hardest drop set on the leg press that i've ever done in my life.

BennettBoy
03-16-2003, 07:53 AM
Cool. Sounds like your workouts are going well Robboe. And you have that supplementation down to the T. :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-16-2003, 08:01 AM
Speaking of supplementation, i've cracked open my ALA earlier. Started with 400mg. I'll take approx. 1200mg throughout the day.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-16-2003, 08:30 AM
Right, so thoughts methinks, since tomorrow marks four weeks.

I'm really quite suprised how quickly i've noticed changes since starting this diet. I am remarkably close to how lean i was at the end of my last cut. I'd seriously say i was around the 15% mark. I've dropped 11lbs in total, some water of course, but definately some fat. I've still got a way to go though. I'd like to hit 10% at least this time round, so by my calculations:

15%@211.5 = ~31lb fat, ~180lbs LBM.

Which means that ~10% will mean i'll have 180lbs LBM (hoping no muscle loss here) and ~20lbs fat for a total weight of 200lbs.

I suspect i'll be 195 though, which is a figure i've been aiming for in the back of my head.

Ten pounds seem like so little, but it's at least five weeks work - probably more. I'd really like to drop about 15lbs of FAT though, before this diet is through. I definately think that would mark a successful cut.

Silverback
03-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Purely Belter!

Great going with the cut robboe :thumbup: Sounds like youve got everything down to a T.

What is the purpose of ALA? ive heard of it but not sure of its benefits. Oh yeh and i read about the H+B fish oil caps, good tip bought some yesterday:)

About the blood and guts video, should i PM you my address? I would be really interested in watching it :)

laterz chief,

B-R

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-16-2003, 01:00 PM
Sure, if you like. I'll have to get a bubble envelope and find the time to get to the PO, so it may not be this week.

The ALA is just to help clear my blood sugar a bit, and hopefully make better use of the carbs to aid in glycogen supercompensation.

Eventually, when i use it more full-time, it'll be to keep blood sugar levels low(ish) so to keep insulin levels down so to not prevent lipolysis. It'll become more of a factor when i hit more stubborn bf.

On a side note, and this ain't specifically directed to you Ron, I can really see why society are fat and maintaining it. So far today, i've kept tabs on my carb intake (carb alone, no fat or protein record keeping) just to see what my refeed intake is like. As i am right now, i am not bloated, feeling fat or feeling heavy whatsover. I feel like i could eat a helluva lot more too. Without me tabbing it, i'd have said i've eaten about 300g carbs. But in all truth, after this bowl of spaghetti i'm about to eat, it's closer to the 480g mark. That is an unaccounted 720kcals!

No wonder most people seriously overestimate (or seriously underestimate) their food intake.

I have taken in around 1920kcals from carbs alone so far, and it's not even 8pm. I'd guesstimate that with the protein fat (although the only fat i've added is some flax this morning with my tuna, and 4 fish oil caps earlier), i've eaten around 3000kcals.

What makes me feel sick, however, is that during my last cut when i did NHE, the sheer amount of chocolate and junk i used to eat during a carb load, thinking i was getting away with it "for leptin's sake", is just ridiculous. Those days totally undid an entire week's cutting, and probably put fat on. I'd hazard a guess of near 7-8000kcals in the space of 24 hours. That's just stupid. Waaay too much refined sugar and waaay too much fat. Never again though.

Learn from my mistakes, kiddies.

Silverback
03-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Quality, thats fine if you dont send it this week, just the fact that you will send it is decent.

Hmm the ALA sounds very promising, i reckon that for my next bulk it could be a useful tool in my postworkout nutrition, what kind of price do you have to pay for the goods?

I totally agree with you on the 'Side Note' :) When i was doing refeeds on a cut back in october i was downing so many unnacounted cals, it wasnt until i bought Sports Nutrition by Anita Bean that i realised that my 'weekend binging' if so to speak was ruining my hard work through the week.

Interesting stuff,

B-R

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-16-2003, 01:41 PM
ALA: http://www.clfshop.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=22&sku=1075&nav=

180 caps for 36 squids. 200mg each cap.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-16-2003, 03:31 PM
Right, i think from now on in i'll try and keep tabs on my refeeds. I'm quite amazed at how many carbs i've taken in today. Here's the list, and it's not all that big!

Breakfast bowl of oats - 50g C
Post w/o shake - 50g C
low fat, peak body flap jacks (x2) - 82g C
PERFECT protein shake (very misleading name, for such a **** protein product) - 76g C (very tasty though).
ProMR - 19g C (disappointing. Thought there was more).
English muffin (x2) - 60g C
Bowl of spaghetti - 72g C
beans on toast (2 slices of bread) - 73g C
bran cereal - 58g C
bowl of oats i just polished off - 67g C

Total carb intake today around 612g!

Crazy. I'm not even remotely full.

Word of warning for all, wash down ALA caps. if they get stuck in your throat, they burn like a bitch.

Silverback
03-16-2003, 03:33 PM
cool, what about those peak body flapjacks? they could come in handy especially for convenience.
:)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-16-2003, 03:44 PM
Unfortunately not.

The ones i am referring to have a piss-poor 4g protein per bar.

They just taste ****ing lovely.

Silverback
03-17-2003, 02:58 AM
ooh, They must have a load of sugar in them, am i right? 4grams of protein, thats pretty low.

Ive been thinking about either Chemical Nutrition or Peak Body Flapjacks or some Nitro-tech bars, cos preparing food is teh bitch when going to uni @ 8am :(

Nice refeed, plenty of carbs there:)

lol @ PERFECT protein shake (very misleading name, for such a **** protein product)

too true,

Good luck with the diet this week bro,

B-R

bradley
03-17-2003, 05:55 AM
What will the dosing look like when you are taking ALA daily? Also just out of sheer curiosity, what is a squid in terms of a US dollar?

Look as though the refeed went like you wanted it to. Nice and clean;)

Silverback
03-17-2003, 06:00 AM
A squid is a pound brad;

tranlated into US dollar.

1squid equates to 1.44 US Dollars, me thinks

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-17-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Big-Ron
ooh, They must have a load of sugar in them, am i right? 4grams of protein, thats pretty low.

Ive been thinking about either Chemical Nutrition or Peak Body Flapjacks or some Nitro-tech bars, cos preparing food is teh bitch when going to uni @ 8am :(

About 41g carbs per flapjack, and it's not all sugar so it's not too bad. Maybe 1/4-1/3 sugar. It's quite amazing how many carbs they contain considering their size, actually.

The Peak Body chocolate flapjacks taste lovely for the first bite. Then every one after is horribly sickly. The bars are also choc full of sugary crap, and there's only 15g protein per bar.

The chemical nutrition bars (choc chip or almond and cherry) both taste very nice, come with plenty cals (500 or so, lol), and the protein content is decent. However, the major drawback to them is that you really need to eat them with a cup of tea or something, cause they is dry as hell.

Nitrotech bars, although i've only ever had one, are not filling at all, even though i was eating 5000kcals in a day.

brad, when i use the ALA more regularly it'll be a stanard 600mg throughout the day - so three caps a day. The large doses were just for the refeed. I'm still unsure when i plan to integrate the ALA in actually. I may start that and EC at the same time. That way even though consuming carbs, after about 60 minutes after the meal i could still get some good effects from the EC, since blood-sugar levels, and thus insulin levels, will be low.

We'll have to wait and see.

Coke
03-17-2003, 11:14 AM
Robboe - looks like you are doing very well with everything just in time for summer :thumbup: You have some excellent pictures, love em :)

Silverback
03-17-2003, 11:18 AM
Nice one :thumbup:

You know your supplements, i even got a min-review :) I think the Chemical nutrition ones will get the nod, ive had one before Ernie Taylor gave me one in Harrogate!

Due to my injury i think i will bulk during the summer again, unplanned but necessary nonetheless, ill look around some websites and find the cheapest price i can for them.

cheers bud

B-R

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-20-2003, 07:34 AM
Right, i went out last night but it proved to be a fruitless endeavour. The bastard doorman wouldn't let me in the club because i didn't have my student card on me, claiming it was exclusively a student night. This is despite me goig to the same club quite regularly, him knowing my face, and even letting me in without asking for student cards in the past. Needless to say i wasn't best pleased, so i came home a bit pissed off and let my mates go in (they did have their cards). I wasn't gonna spoil their night.

I'll be out tonight as usual. My regular thursday night RnB session. I'll also terrorise my back tonight in the gym before i go. I 'll weigh in tomorrow too, to see how this week's activities have faired, and whether the refeed on sunday has made me a bit heavier (from the glycogen).

Anyway, here's a photo of me and my sister (trying to keep a straight face, but i can't remember why) from a good few weeks ago, during the end of my last bulk. As you can see, my face is well fat, and if you look closely, you can probably see my bulk gut protruding through my shirt. I put on way too much fat during those 16 weeks. I was ill a bit over christmas and couldn't lift, and i ate too much crap overall, really. I need to control my eating a bit more strictly in future bulks, but without hindering potential muscle gains.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-20-2003, 07:35 AM
Right, and to save a bit face, here is me about 3 weeks or so ago, a few weeks into cutting, looking a bit leaner in the face and belly regions.

For anyone who claimed that i may overestimate my bodyfat %, i think the photo in the post above shows that i do not.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-20-2003, 07:36 AM
I always seem to get caught on camera licking my lips.

I have no idea why.

AJ_11
03-20-2003, 08:00 AM
Just a question for you, I didn't want to go through your entire jounrnal. What kind of diet are you currently on. I hear you mention NHE but it seems a bit different, or are you just modify it to you liking.

Good Luck anyways, seems like you have a good handle on your plan.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-20-2003, 08:05 AM
No real type of diet per se. Just ensuring calorie deifict, and making sure every meal has some good protein, some good fat, and some complex carbohydrate, save for my post w/o shake which has simple carbs and protein. Eventually, once hunger pangs start to really kick in regularly, i'll have to add some green veggies by the way of cauliflower and broccoli to a couple of meals

I may shift to NHE eventually, but not for a few weeks yet.

YatesNightBlade
03-20-2003, 08:18 AM
That wee lassy your sat with looks very nice. Who is she ? put a word in !!! Why didn't you introduce me to these women when I came to see you ?

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-20-2003, 08:23 AM
The lassie with her arm over me is a wife of a friend. And the other girl on the photo, who features on the photo above also, is my sister.

ericg
03-20-2003, 09:47 AM
Big difference between the two pics. Good job Rob!

Pup
03-20-2003, 10:18 AM
His sister annie is mine you big english bitch, find your own!

ElPietro
03-20-2003, 11:42 AM
How old is your sister?

Silverback
03-20-2003, 12:41 PM
lol,

Improvements are superb Robboe:thumbup: You still feeling confident with your diet.

Nightmare about the club, in Lancaster you can get in with a m8 if you have any other form of ID, im a stickler for it, always forgetting my damn NUS!

BTW your sister is a good looking lass, how old is she?

B-R;)

Twin Peak
03-21-2003, 09:20 AM
Looks like everything is going swimmingly Rob. I am curious to see when you start breaking out the "tweaks."

How have you found the ALA? I only used it one weekend, mostly out of laziness.

BTW, I am not up to 35-40 fish caps (don't know if you noticed).

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-21-2003, 09:31 AM
Yeah, but you're close enough, right? And ain't Par using that dose? (Or was).

A couple of the tweaks have already been brought out - sorta. Not really "tweaks" per se, but the addition of flax in week two and fish oils in week three do srta count as amendments. I wasn't sure whether to wait a bit to add them in, but what the hell.

As for other, more conventional tweaks, i've made a sort of initial game plan - week six i'll add in regular dosing of EC, week eight i'll begin some sort of cardio program (couple of days a week specifically, but also maybe 10-20 minutes after certain workouts), week ten i'll start the ONE in calorie deficit, wait until the bottle ends, and then run the 7 days maintenance to reset my metabolism somewhat.

After i'm back in deficit, i'll crack open the other stuff - including the ALA. I've yet to use to regularly so i can't really input much yet. The only time thus far, has been during that refeed last week. I will be sure to let you all know as it happens.

I'll also be using the glutamine around this time too - maybe earlier actually, if i start doing cardio on an empty stomach this time round.

I bet there are quite a few jaws dropping at the prospect of me using glutamine :)

Twin Peak
03-21-2003, 09:43 AM
I bet there are quite a few jaws dropping at the prospect of me using glutamine :)

Actually, yes. :eek:

I guess I was viewing amendments and tweaks differently, but I suppose its the intent that is the difference.

I am planning on dropping cardio week 4, as well as cut out all artificial sweeteners (I drink about a liter of diet soda each night). Both to be back for week 5. Week 5 I am going to cut out ephedra, but keep caffiene high. I might also try nicotene for a week for the hell of it.

After week 6, as you know, it all changes.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-21-2003, 10:04 AM
Yeah, i use nicotine infrequently, but it will be one of the "tweaks" introduced to combat hunger pangs somewhat, but more specifically carb cravings.

12mgs spread throughout the day.

Paul Stagg
03-21-2003, 10:49 AM
How much dip is that?

:)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-21-2003, 02:37 PM
Aha!

Nicotine gum actually - 4mg a piece thrice a day, or ~2mg if i break the pieces up and chew them six times a day. It's still horrendous though. I have to ensure water near me. they taste spicy, almost.

Spicy chewing gum. Nice.

On a side note, i most certainly am not advocating or trying to push the use of this drug. I've never had an addicitve personality (save for good food and fine wine), despite even trying to make myself a smoker when i was younger cause i thought it was cool. I do, however, believe for my strategy, that nicotine has it's place.

On an unrelated note, i've used IN-Rage by avantlabs before today's workout as well as last night. I made a post in feedback (cause i think it's only fair i give an unbiased critique of their supplement) about it. So, for the sake of it, i shall quote my posts from that thread, should any of you be interested.

"Thought it'd only be fair to give some initial feedback to this product. I gave it a whirl before my back workout this evening and here are some thoughts.

Firstly, i have been cutting for five weeks this coming monday, so significant strength gains are few and far between, as expected. However, IN-Rage didn't give me any, nor was i expecting it to do so.

My first observation, as expected, is the throat-drip, which is indeed repulsive, but i got around that with chewing gum. I took three squirts 20 minutes before i started training. I was planning only two, but since i just started the bottle, the first squirt was nothing, and the second squirt was kinda half a squirt.

I set off walking to the gym. On the way, i was thinking about the up and coming lifting session, and my mind was really focused somewhat. Hard to explain, but i was focused enough to walk straight over the main road without looking either way. Luckily, the light was on red so i actually made it to the gym in one piece.

I usually spend a few minutes talking to the gym manager, but didn't seem to be up for it today, so started training almost immediately. Took a further two squirts in the changing room and went about lifting.

The "effect" didn't really kick in till about half way through, but i noticed my face was very flushed - even more so than usual, which i'm not sure to equate with the IN-Rage or the additional effort i seemed to be putting into the lifting (i always lift hardcore these days, so that was something special). I also sweated a lot more, which again, i'm sure whether to put down to the IN-Rage itself or the increased intensity. I also noticed that i seemed to smell a bit more. I'm not sure if it was me or one of the many hobos who train in my gym. Either way, an interesting side effect.

I've used ephedrine on many an occasion, and the stimulation i felt seemed a lot like it, only without the jitteriness. Well, actually, the jitteriness was there, only the hands stayed calm. My heart beat was certainly elevated a lot.

I noticed i couldn't keep my feet still between sets, and had an almost nervous energy about me, like i couldn't wait to get on with the next set. I manged to get through my workout a lot quicker than usual too, but i'm not sure whether this is due to my training partner currently being in Switzerland, and me training alone for once, thus, less banter between sets. I was alos chewing my gum at a rate of knots, and my eyes were very open and glared, like a person on mind-enhancing drugs.

Anyway, this was a very interesting experience. i plan to try it again before my chest workout tomorrow, and i'll report if some of these effects were one-offs or the effect of the IN-Rage itself.

It was a lot of fun."

"One thing i never mentioned in my post that i really should have, is the potential placebo effect. I'm a cynical supplement user and i look upon most supplements as bull**** until proven worthy - even with an avantlabs product.

There may have been a percentage of placebo effect in it, but there was definately a sensation that i don't usually experience when lifting that i can't attribute to anything BUT the product.

But like i said, i'll use it again a bit later when i train my chest. I've popped an EC today already, so i'll put off training for a bit to allow the EC effects subside a little, so i can't attribute any effects to that and not the IN-Rage."

"As promised, an update on today's activities. Quite a contrast to last night, almost mediocre in comparison, but either way, here goes.

I took two squirts and set off to the gym. The squirts didn't seem as "big" as the first lot yesterday, nor did i taste much throat-drip or running nose feeling afterwards. I wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing, or whether it was just chewing gum before the squirts made all the difference.

About 25 minutes later i was about the start training. While explaining to a gym-friend that what i was using was a sinus reliever, i managed to squirt left, then right and then left again. Now, as dumb as this will seem, i need to have a balance about me mentally, so if i know that my left has had one more than my right, i feel weird about it, so to save myself from this (ridiculous) distress, i did another one up the right.

By this time, my heart wasn't elevated like it was pre-workout yesterday, nor did i have the glared eyes or mandible-chewing of a mad-man.

I managed to equal a PR on my first lift, the DB bench. It's not that impressive, since i've been hovering around that region for the past few weeks anyway, but to achieve it again really psyched me even more. I seemed to have a willingness not only to go for "one more rep", but to go that little bit further and try another. This was the same for my second exercise, particularly on the drop set of the second set. I had a little rest after this - the black dots in my eyes were telling me so.

Overall, not quite the same focus as yesterday, nor the sweating. I felt a little clammy on my chest and under my arms, but my heart beat was no different than usual and my eyes weren't as piercing.

So, while i was hoping today's experiment would give me more insight to the effectiveness of the supplement, again it has left me with more questions than answers, so i'd have to wait a while and try it again under different circumstances. I may give it a whirl on sunday when i train my legs."

ElPietro
03-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Lol, at robboe going through the reverse process of quitting smoking. You are starting out not smoking, then to help you break this habit, you are gonna get help from the gum, maybe if that doesn't work, you'll go to the patch. Eventually you'll be up to a couple smokes a day, then you'll gradually become a full time chain smoking chimney stack! :D

Good job! :p

bradley
03-22-2003, 04:20 AM
As for other, more conventional tweaks, i've made a sort of initial game plan - week six i'll add in regular dosing of EC, week eight i'll begin some sort of cardio program (couple of days a week specifically, but also maybe 10-20 minutes after certain workouts), week ten i'll start the ONE in calorie deficit, wait until the bottle ends, and then run the 7 days maintenance to reset my metabolism somewhat.

Have you used ONE before Robboe? How long of a cycle will that be?

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-22-2003, 06:05 AM
Yeah, Pete, that'd be something eh?

My greatest achievement!

Brad, i sure have. I've done two two-week cycles. I used it alone though, so they were certainly nothing amazing, but i did notice decent strength gains and some extra muscle growth from them.

I plan to finish up that bottle i cracked open, which i predict will last me about 7 days or so, but hopefully a few days longer. If i can stretch two weeks out of it then that would rock, but i'd doubt i'd get that much from it. Nine days will suffice, just to get a bit of the partitioning properties and a bit of a bump in the fat burning process from it. Maybe even add a lb or two of some lean mass if i'm lucky and do every right. As soon as the bottle runs out, i'll bump my cals up some and begin the metabolism reset - most likely over seven days.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-22-2003, 08:33 AM
Since i've recently found them, here are some other photos of myself.

This one is from over christmas, i believe, after a night out. If i drunk i tend to come online and DL any tracks i've heard that night that i like or just generally be a pest on the boards. This one is very much like the one above - my face looking rather fat.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-22-2003, 08:37 AM
And i dunno how many of you remember, but i went to a wedding down south last summer - around August time.

This is one of me as i set off from the apartment to go get ready to be an official.

I look like a real skinny bitch here, mainly due to extensive dieting over the summer and being quite depleted. I realise my arms look horrible here. I'm not gonna try and make any excuses though, cause i am in no way huge, and never have claimed to be.

Silverback
03-22-2003, 10:31 AM
Jeez Robboe,

Your weight fluctuates in every picture i have seen of you, you look totally different in each one :D

your plan for fat loss looks spot on, it doesnt surprise me as your nutrition knowldege is superb anyway, its just appyling that takes the most work.

keep it up fella

B-R

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-23-2003, 08:59 AM
I know what you mean about looking a bit different in each photo. Sometimes i look like an off-season PLer, and other times i look like the skinniest little bitch you ever did see.

Right now i'm somewhere in the middle.

Just thought i'd pop in to update about last night. I had a brilliant night with the right friends and going to the right places with the right atmosphere. I managed to keep my intake moderate, making a conscious effort to, but without letting it spoil my night. I actually quite prefer staying in the giddy stage of drunkeness as opposed to the off-balanced, slurring word, idiotic stage.

The crack was great and i enjoyed everything about the night, except for when we went to a bar quite early and it was heaving. The real kick in the teeth was that the only bitter they sold was Tetley's, which is truely awful and sweet. I couldn't finish it.

I got home and had some tuna and some cereal, without going too overboard on eating junk, i was impressed, cause usually when i've had a drunk i just eat whatever.

Got up this morning well dehydrated, but sorted myself out in time for a good leg workout. My training partner is back from skiing in Switzerland, with cuts and bruises and a strained forearm (i bet it's a tossing injury though) but considering he had a week off, he held his own quite well.

The squat drop set gave me that burning sensation in my heart like i'd tried to do cardio again after a year layoff of being lazy and tried to do too much too fast. it was 'orrible and yet somehow cool.

The press dropsets really finished me off though.

grrrrreat!

Miss Rezza
03-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Great pix Robboe! :)

Keep shaving that hair and stop lickin' those lips!! :thumbup: ;)

Twin Peak
03-24-2003, 12:21 PM
Really digging the drop sets, eh? I remember way back, some conversations where you didn't like pushing it so much. :D

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-24-2003, 02:32 PM
Dude, my focus these days is so much different than it was, and it's not at the expense of a social life or anything else. Once i'm changed and walking out the changing room door to the point i walk back in, i'm a different person. And it's really starting to show. I wore a vest during training today for the first time in a long while. I've done my delts (well, side laterals at least), tris, bis and forearms, and the level of vascularity and definition i have now compared to five weeks ago is quite astonishing. Once i was pumped a little, and closer to the mirror, i realised i really am quite larger than i've always had in my head. Of course, tomorrow i'll look in the mirror and feel small and tubby, but such is life and the mentality of the average weight lifter.

And Ste, was the non-pushing of things not related to my sore shoulder?

Actually, since i'm on the topic of shoulders, last cut i stopped doing OH pressing and noticed positive results in regards to shoulder growth. During my bulk i started them up again and never really saw much, but since my sore shoulder, i've done nay but side laterals and my delts are really coming on kids. It's quite cool.

Today marks my fifth week cutting. It really has flown by. I'll do one more week of what i'm doing, not drink on the weekend (i may not even go out actually and just do thursday) and i'll refeed after leg day on sunday and then on monday, i'll start regular EC dosing - starting with x2 a day for the first week to get a bit used to it, and then week seven i'll do x3 probably. Week 8 comes cardio, x2 at first, maybe with added sessions post weights in week 9.

So as you can see, my strategy is clearly marked out.

I'd now like to take the opportunity to discuss carbohydrates while cutting, to a small degree. Basically, i'm quite annoyed with myself that i've been suckered into the whole low-carbs jibe in the past with my cutting attempts. Now, i'm not saying low-carb is bad or has no place, because i will use the technique eventually. I'm more annoyed with myself for bulking on carbs and then straight away dropping down to low carbs for cutting. I usually lose an ass-load of strength at first, take a week or two to get used to the energy differences and generally feel lethargic for too long. This cut i've kept carbs in the 220-250g region, kept my protein in the 220g region and kept fat moderate, but sufficient in EFAs. My strength is staying put in most areas and improving in others. Granted, a mere five weeks cutting is hardly starvation just yet, but usually by this time i'd certainly be aware pyschologically and pysiologically that my calories are in deficit and hunger would be running rampant and loss of strength and lethargy would start to set in.

Once i get to more stubborn fat deposits and i see it necessary, i will indeed drop carbs to the ~20g region and perform bi-weekly carb ups, NHE-style, but until then, i am seeing greater benefits keeping the carbs in, staying mentally focused, sticking to diet and keeping training enjoyable. And this way, i still have an extra diet-tweak at my disposal. :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Oh yeah, today's workout f**king owned.

Silverback
03-24-2003, 02:44 PM
:thumbup: things are sounding to be pretty sweet with ya Robboe.

What has your shoulder workout changed to, that has caused this growth?

l8r fella, Toon for the premiership :)

Twin Peak
03-24-2003, 02:44 PM
I don't quite remember you having a sore shoulder, so no.

The training intensity thing came up more as a general impression I had based on training style discussions.

I am referring to comments such as, as long as you were regularly progressing higher intenisty (failure, drops, etc.) was not that important to growth.

Seems that now that you have upped the volume a tad and regularly use high-intensity techniques, you are seeing improvements like never before. Nice work, BTW.

On to your carb issue, you make a good point. But, my last contest, I used a 16 week diet. It included cardio, and I cycled my carbs on a three day plan (as in my old old journal). I gained stength 6 weeks into it, and didn't begin to lose strength until 2 weeks later, and even then, I believe that until 4 weeks out strength lose was only due to the lower amount of bodymass.

My point being, simply, that any diet that causes rapid strength lose is not a good diet for that individual, and most people should be able to gain, at least in the beginning.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-24-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Big-Ron
:thumbup: things are sounding to be pretty sweet with ya Robboe.

What has your shoulder workout changed to, that has caused this growth?

l8r fella, Toon for the premiership :)

Damn right.

My delt workout has gone from DB press and side laterals to just side laterals. The less work they get now, since they get hit on pretty much every other day, seems to have responded well.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-24-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Twin Peak
The training intensity thing came up more as a general impression I had based on training style discussions.

I am referring to comments such as, as long as you were regularly progressing higher intenisty (failure, drops, etc.) was not that important to growth.

Oh yeah, i still stand by that. As long as you're progressing on weights lifted or reps gotten for the same weight, then yeah, you can easily grow.

I used to do my first set real heavy with low reps (4-6) and then reduce weight for my second set and go for higher reps (8-12), but now i go heavy first set, then heavy second set and drop it once or twice so the set basically is a high rep set. Similar concept, but different outcome.

Seems that now that you have upped the volume a tad and regularly use high-intensity techniques, you are seeing improvements like never before. Nice work, BTW.

Actually, compared to the last bulk, i've actually lowered my volume down a bit. my split has stayed the same, but, for instance, where i was doing 8-10 sets for chest when bulking, i've dropped down to 6 sets.

It's a similar situation for legs and back, but my arm volume is still how it was - 4 sets for triceps and 3 for bis.

On to your carb issue, you make a good point. But, my last contest, I used a 16 week diet. It included cardio, and I cycled my carbs on a three day plan (as in my old old journal). I gained stength 6 weeks into it, and didn't begin to lose strength until 2 weeks later, and even then, I believe that until 4 weeks out strength lose was only due to the lower amount of bodymass.

My point being, simply, that any diet that causes rapid strength lose is not a good diet for that individual, and most people should be able to gain, at least in the beginning.

Yeah, i know carbo rotation works - i've used it before with some success, but then again, i was easily above 20% at the time so make of that what you will. I'd have lost fat on any regime, providing i was eating a bit less.

And yeah, i totally agree with your second paragraph.

Silverback
03-24-2003, 02:56 PM
Just side laterals! how many sets and what kind of rep range do you operate them in?

I think id be tempted to throw in some isolated rear delt work.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-24-2003, 03:02 PM
First set around 6-8 reps.

Second set the same, with two drops in weight and crank out as many as physically possible - and then one more.

I used to do rear delt sets, but maybe it's my form or maybe my genetic build, but i never feel any work soley in the rear delt - more over the entire upper back, including traps, so i don't bother. Rows on back day do nicely.

besides, with my sore shoulder, with the soreness being at the rear, i've never pushed it.

Silverback
03-24-2003, 03:09 PM
thats cool, i might have to give it a try for a month or two and report on my progress.

it certainly seems to have got you growing :)

B-R

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-24-2003, 03:31 PM
Seriously?

If you do, let me know your progress and protocol ie how you go about it and other variables.

I know Belial went for ages without OH pressing, and monstar said it went well when he did.

Functional strength aside, from a hypertrophy point of view, i'd like to put forward a proposal that too much direct shoulder work on a day of their own, as well as a separate chest and back day, without androgens, is overkill for shoulder growth.

Maki Riddington
03-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Man your face is fat during your bulking stages. Now I feel better.

On another note, good work.

bradley
03-25-2003, 03:28 AM
What exercises do you perform on different training days? Are you still planning on using the Lipoderm-Y?

Twin Peak
03-25-2003, 07:03 AM
Functional strength aside, from a hypertrophy point of view, i'd like to put forward a proposal that too much direct shoulder work on a day of their own, as well as a separate chest and back day, without androgens, is overkill for shoulder growth.

So how do you explain my shoulders being my best BP; as well their suffering when doing them after chest, instead of having their own day?

Genetic freak responses aside.

BennettBoy
03-25-2003, 07:14 AM
How is the ALA coming Robboe? I got the powder form and I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN about it burning going down :D

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-25-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by bradley
What exercises do you perform on different training days? Are you still planning on using the Lipoderm-Y?

You mean my workouts?

I'm not sure what you're asking after so i'll just list all my exercises i use right now, all are subject to change:

Squats
Leg press
Extentions
leg curls

Side laterals
CGBP
Seated skulls
arm blaster arm curls

Underhand pulldown
CG pulldown
T bar row
Low pulley row
DB shrugs

Seated/staning calf raises

DB bench
Slightly inclined flyes
Decline machine press

--end of list--

Yep, certainly will use the LipoDerm-Y. Probably not until after my metabolic reset week.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-25-2003, 08:10 AM

So how do you explain my shoulders being my best BP; as well their suffering when doing them after chest, instead of having their own day?

Genetic freak responses aside.

Well that's hard Steveo, since i do believe you are genetically gifted in the deltoid region particularly.

Obviously there's not gonna be one cemented rule for everyone on earth, but i do believe for most lifters, a separate shoulder day in their split where they do a higher volume workout regularly, will not result in optimal gains.

Cycling your volume and intensity can get around this though.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-25-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by BennettBoy
How is the ALA coming Robboe? I got the powder form and I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN about it burning going down :D

I know dude, i dunno how you manage. Where did you get the powder from, and was it cheap?

I'm not using ALA as a regular part of my strategy just yet though. I used it two weeks ago during a refeed, and i'll use it again this sunday during my refeed, but frequent dosing won't come into play until after my metabolic reset week.

bradley
03-25-2003, 04:50 PM
You mean my workouts?

Yeah that it was I meant:)

The link below is a site that Raniali recommended to someone for ALA powder. I have never used them but thought you might be interested.

www.beyond-a-century.com

AJ_11
03-25-2003, 05:55 PM

Probably not until after my metabolic reset week.

What are your plans for the metabolic reset week.

Twin Peak
03-26-2003, 09:51 AM

Well that's hard Steveo, since i do believe you are genetically gifted in the deltoid region particularly.

Obviously there's not gonna be one cemented rule for everyone on earth, but i do believe for most lifters, a separate shoulder day in their split where they do a higher volume workout regularly, will not result in optimal gains.

Cycling your volume and intensity can get around this though.

Genetically gifted issues aside, that does not explain my shoulders being more responsive when given their own day.

My point, simply, is that I will contend that your use of the word "most" should be changed to "some" or even a "few".

I'd recommend that anyone wishing to train this way should spend a few months doing it each way, and see if their shoulders, relative to other BPs, do better one way or the other.

I will agree though, that anyone who sees no significant difference either way *should* train them along with chest for efficiency purposes as well as for given more rest to the joints and CNS.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-26-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by AJ_11

What are your plans for the metabolic reset week.

Eat more than i am now.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-26-2003, 10:57 AM
Well, today was a bit of a messed up day for me, since i was hit quite suddenly with an interview opportunity for a job in the IT section of the Northumbria Police HQ. There's a shot at three different jobs in three different teams, all of which i'd like to work for, so i'm quite hoping i land a job there. I'lll definately have to restart taking driving lessons though - it's been almost two years since my last lesson! Talk about losing passion.

Anyhoo, i bring it up cause it was an entire's day of events, including tours, tests, buffets, presentations and, of course, interviews. Mine went really quite well, so i'm really hoping i get offered a job.

So diet-wise, i knew i'd not be eating much for an extended period of time, so i basically ate two breakfasts (had two tinas of tuna with oil) and upped my oats by almost double. At the buffet, for damage control, i only had a small plate consisting of a pork pie, some pizza squares and a couple of sausage rolls. No seconds or anything else. Keeping calories moderate. My meals are back on now, and i'll probably eat twice more before the end of the day so my calories are guestimated to be in deficit.

I'm also trying to coax some friends into going out tonight so i can burn some calories dancing :)

Twin Peak
03-26-2003, 11:08 AM
Good luck with the job. It should be useful in supporting your supplement habit. :D

carolinagirl
03-27-2003, 10:19 AM
Hey Robboe. I'm going to butt into your journal here - I hope that's ok. I have a (dumb) question for you about the X-factor thread at Avant.

I'm not good at all the scientific language stuff but I can usually grasp the basic concepts. It seems to me that, extrapolating from the studies on NSAIDs, Bill is theorizing that prostaglandin production is necessary to stimulate protein synthesis in the damaged muscle, and further, that the more AA available for the formation of the prostaglandins, the more will be formed, the more protein synthesis will take place, the more growth will happen. And what Labrat and others are saying is that the pool of AA may not be what is limiting the prostaglandin formation and that more research into the processes are necessary before making this theoretical leap. Am I right so far?

So, what I am wondering is, if Bill is right in his theories, would that mean that when the newbies say "I wasn't sore, so that means it wasn't a good workout", they are actually correct? Is the formation of prostaglandins (and the localized inflammation and pain that come with them) actually necessary for growth? Also, are prostaglandins necessarily formed as a result of microtrauma? (For example, eccentrics - always painful, very effective at stimulating growth. Is it simply the microtrauma of eccentrics that makes them effective, or is it the formation of prostaglandins in response to the microtrauma? And while I'm at it, which came first, the chicken or the egg? ;) )

Sorry to sort of hijack your journal - I wish there was a forum on Avant for "remedial discussion and theory" so that people like me could discuss the ideas that the geniuses are floating without ruining it for everybody else. I would hate to bring down the level of discussion over there, so I rarely post, and I don't know how else to figure out whether I'm actually following the logical thread of argument or not (short of going back and getting a degree in biochem or neurophysiology...) Um, yeah. I'll leave you alone now. :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-27-2003, 10:20 AM
Thanks mate. Of course, the money will be grand, but since i'll be in the force i'll have to be careful what "supplements" i get old of. Any blemish on the ol' criminal record and i'll be out quicker than my penis at the propect of fellatio.

WBB has been rather tempermental lately, which is really pissing me off.

I've done some shopping today. Got some more fish oils, not like i was running out, but it's always good to have a supply. I also pre-purchased some flax oil that was on special. Their supply was out of stock, but the offer finished today, so i ordered two bottles (for the price of one). I'll pick them up next week.

At the store, i also helped an old lady with her choices. She was enquiring about the purpose of flax oil in the diet, and the lassie in the store gave her such a crappy, basic reply, so i took it on my own to explain to her a little. She was originally planning to buy the caps, but i persuaded her to get the bottle of oil (pre-ordered, like myself, so she's saving money and gettin more value). I also explained that fish oils are a great addition - she was asking about blood lipid profiles and cholesterol, and i explained all the positives and such. She says she takes 2 fish oil caps a day, and i told her i was taking 8, and she may wanna consider upping to about 4-6 caps a day.

Don't think the lassie working in the store expecting to hear the stuff i was saying and the detail, considering the look of me. She was listening in awe, without sounding too cocky here.

The old lady also asked if i was "keeping fit for any particular reason" cause i "look really fit" :)

I also got several thank yous for saving her cash and educated her somewhat.

I've also purchased some more caffiene tabs for my home-made EC and some nicotine gum, which i got more pieces for a bit cheaper, which was cool. Same dose too.

Back will be done..in like 20 minutes from now.

Twin Peak
03-27-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by carolinagirl
Hey Robboe. I'm going to butt into your journal here - I hope that's ok. I have a (dumb) question for you about the X-factor thread at Avant.

I'm not good at all the scientific language stuff but I can usually grasp the basic concepts. It seems to me that, extrapolating from the studies on NSAIDs, Bill is theorizing that prostaglandin production is necessary to stimulate protein synthesis in the damaged muscle, and further, that the more AA available for the formation of the prostaglandins, the more will be formed, the more protein synthesis will take place, the more growth will happen. And what Labrat and others are saying is that the pool of AA may not be what is limiting the prostaglandin formation and that more research into the processes are necessary before making this theoretical leap. Am I right so far?

So, what I am wondering is, if Bill is right in his theories, would that mean that when the newbies say "I wasn't sore, so that means it wasn't a good workout", they are actually correct? Is the formation of prostaglandins (and the localized inflammation and pain that come with them) actually necessary for growth? Also, are prostaglandins necessarily formed as a result of microtrauma? (For example, eccentrics - always painful, very effective at stimulating growth. Is it simply the microtrauma of eccentrics that makes them effective, or is it the formation of prostaglandins in response to the microtrauma? And while I'm at it, which came first, the chicken or the egg? ;) )

Sorry to sort of hijack your journal - I wish there was a forum on Avant for "remedial discussion and theory" so that people like me could discuss the ideas that the geniuses are floating without ruining it for everybody else. I would hate to bring down the level of discussion over there, so I rarely post, and I don't know how else to figure out whether I'm actually following the logical thread of argument or not (short of going back and getting a degree in biochem or neurophysiology...) Um, yeah. I'll leave you alone now. :)

Hey CG, I am obviously not Rob, but I thought I'd let you know that you should post more at Avant. There is a newbie forum there, akin to what you are looking for, and a post like this, as a follow along discussion would be great.

You may feel like you aren't keeping up, but you are doing a hell of a job.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-27-2003, 10:35 AM
CG, the egg. Check the bible. :)

I'll get back to you later (or tomrrow) on your Q(s). I gotta do a job on my back right now.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-28-2003, 09:36 AM
Well, just thought i'd let you all know that, subject to a security check, i've been offered the job. I'll be on the J2EE team on the CRISP project. Ain't java fun...

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-28-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by carolinagirl

Yep.

So, what I am wondering is, if Bill is right in his theories, would that mean that when the newbies say "I wasn't sore, so that means it wasn't a good workout", they are actually correct?

Not quite. You just get used to soreness and it gradually gets less and less.

Is the formation of prostaglandins (and the localized inflammation and pain that come with them) actually necessary for growth?

well yeah, PG are needed, but the soreness isn't a requirement. You get less sore the more adapted you get with a program - that said, i still get sore every now and then regardless of how long i've been on the same program.

Also, are prostaglandins necessarily formed as a result of microtrauma? (For example, eccentrics - always painful, very effective at stimulating growth. Is it simply the microtrauma of eccentrics that makes them effective, or is it the formation of prostaglandins in response to the microtrauma?

Well that will be part of the reason, but no doubt there's lots more.

The body rarely has one signal for doing certain things - usually a hand full.

I agree with Twin Peak. Post more - you seem to have the grasp.

carolinagirl
03-28-2003, 09:20 PM
Well, it's nice to know I'm more-or-less following the thread of argument. Maybe I will post more on the newbie board over there...

Thanks for the clarifications, y'all. And congratulations on the new job! ;)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-29-2003, 06:18 AM
Thanks. ANd yeah, you really should. It's a great board. Elzi and Lyle seem to be posting on their quite frequently these days - well, less Lyle but more Elzi as of late. Either way, both are great additions.

Quick reflections on week six:

I've lost another lb. However, as i usually notice ~6 weeks into dieting, it's almost like i can "feel" my metabolism beginning to slow and things beginning to work against me. This week has been quite hectic, so i've missed meals on several days, and clubbing and dancing two nights on the trott, and lack of sleep has made me look quite smooth and flat. I'm refeeding after my leg workout tomorrow, and i certainly need it. I feel like i could use the glycogen and metabolic "uplift" to last me another week. I think i'm getting to the stage where fortnightly refeeds are too far between and i need to go to maybe weekly refeeds. However, at the same time, i'm trying to jiggle my social activities. So far i've been drinking every two week modestly, and refeeding every other week. I don't want to refeed and drink in the same day, cause i'll end up going backwards like last time, but at the same time, i don't want to lose my social life. I'd do both in one week, but i don't want to exceed my calorie limit twice in one week or i really will slow myself down.

I think in the future, i'll do my dieting break weeks earlier than week 10-11 and maybe do them in week 6-7.

Anyhoo, the EC will start on monday officially.

Silverback
03-30-2003, 02:23 PM
You have a sound approach to training robboe :) mixing it with the social life is very admirable. lol @ the old lady comments at H&B old ladies are the best :)

You sent that Dorian vid yet dude? just wondering :)

Did you watch the England game last night? i thought that Litchenstein were not a bad outfit considering how much they were slated in the build up, Kieron Dyer isnt a left winger down the middle is where he does his magic!

Any thoughts

B-R

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-30-2003, 02:33 PM
Sorry kid, i forgot about the Dorian Vid. I still have your address and will try and send it on wednesday. Hopefully. I would have sent it like, two weeks ago, only the job interviews took presidence, naturally.

And yeah, i watch England. I really dislike the team Sven picks. I know Ashley Cole is out, but Wayne Bridge would never even get a sniff if i was boss. Either would Steve Gerard. He's seriously pants. I'd put JJ down the left and replace Gerard with Dyer, only giving Dyer a free role that he gets up here and letting Scolesy be the main dude in the centre.

At the same time, Emile Heskey would be either shot or deported for being so crap, and replaced with someone decent. Even Alan Smith or James Beattie (neither of which i like, but i much prefer them to Emile).

Michael Owen, is so **** these days is awful. He's totally burned out and couldn't hit a barn door from ten yards. Unfortunatly, he's still our best striker, which is a sorry state of affairs. Our strike force is appalling.

They really need to make changes for the Turkey game, or we'll just get embarassed.

Anyway, onto pastures brighter - you catch the Rugby this afternoon? :)

I've refed today, also. With ALA as usual. Feel bloated this time, but got around about the same amount down as last. Still gonna have some sweet potatoes before i hit the sack.

EC should theoretically begin "officially" tomorrow.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-30-2003, 02:34 PM
Oh yeah, and i'm seriously biased here, but chosing Southgate ahead of Woodgate - i really want to chiv Sven repeatedly.

Silverback
03-30-2003, 03:14 PM
lol, i hear you on every statement you made there. Personally i would like to see more of Jermaine Defoe up top, imo he's sh*t hot. Shame Bellamy isnt english we would have a real replacement for Owen, im still not decided on Rooney, he hasnt really showed me that he has what it takes but then again he's only 17.

No i didnt catch the rugby lad, ive been writing a 2500 word essay on Marketing and the social responsibility which has taken up my whole day(in for next friday), but ive wanted to spend the whole week training hard and getting to know a girl i met a few weeks ago, shes hot :D and i dont want no damn essay getting in the way.

gotta go, my sister wants to use the net,

(Remembers to close porn windows :D)

l8r fella

BennettBoy
03-30-2003, 04:43 PM

I know dude, i dunno how you manage. Where did you get the powder from, and was it cheap?

I'm not using ALA as a regular part of my strategy just yet though. I used it two weeks ago during a refeed, and i'll use it again this sunday during my refeed, but frequent dosing won't come into play until after my metabolic reset week.

I forget the site. I have it bookmarked at work and I'll get it to you tomorrow. Budiak told me about it. It was 14 US Dollars for 50 grams. I bought 100 grams. Stuff burns like crazy.

BennettBoy
03-31-2003, 07:00 AM
www.anabolical.com

That is where I ordered my ALA from.

Silverback
04-03-2003, 01:12 PM
What up Robboe,

I recieved the vid today, thankyou very much :)

Man you've totally swung me on Dorian he's ace, i cant believe my previous attitude on him, you were definately right about wanting to train i was itching to get to the gym, so i did :D (btw i didnt shout like a crazy mofo for the fear of getting a beating!)

The only thing i didnt like about it was his training partner, he started to piss me off and reminded me of pop-up pirate!

Anyway hows things with you? diet and training still on track i take?

B-R

ps PM me your address so i can send you the vid back.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Yeah, now you've seen it, when you spot others at the gym, you gotta call them "Deisel".

"Come on Deisel!"

"Show them why you're number one!"

And yeah, everything is good right now - weigh in tomorrow. I'll put down more specifics about the week then.

I'm off out dancing in a minute. :)

WillKuenzel
04-03-2003, 02:15 PM
LOL, that guy had me rolling. I couldn't have worked out with him for nothing. Of course me being southern his accent just seems weird. Then some of the things he said.

When they're doing incline flyes:
"C'mon diesel... let's fly"
LMAO, the guy is just crazy.

Silverback
04-03-2003, 02:17 PM
lmao....:D

Damn what was that guy on! he sure was a good motivator though, im gonna watch it again in an hour or so!

"1-more rep Deisel!"

Out on the town eh, are you off out to some clubs? A lass who's @ Newcastle uni i used to go out with is out tonite 2, i spoke with her this avo.

Have a good night fella,

B-R

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-03-2003, 06:50 PM
She nice?

Newcastle Uni kicked out for Easter break last week - is she still up here?

I've been to the RnB night at Ikon btw. Full of beautiful women...

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-04-2003, 07:00 AM
Well, my clean refeed last sunday went well. Of course after my leg thrashing, my quads/hams were sore until wednesday! kerazee.

I added EC x2/day since monday, and amazingly, despite refeeding a mere five days ago, and pretty much nailing all meals this week, i've dropped 2.5lbs. I equate at least a lb of it due to water loss from dancing last night, but still, 1.5lbs despite carbing up a mere fives days ago is impressive none-the-less. leptin can be a great thing once manipulated correctly. I do believe the EC has helped also. I don't plan on making any dietary amendments this week. i was originally planning to up EC to x3/day, but i'm gonna keep the x2/day protocol for now, cause i've been having problems getting to sleep all this week and i'm putting it down to the EC.

It's been two weeks since my last drinking sesh, and i was expecting to go out tomorrow night, but apparently the lads want to sit in the three mile inn all night, which is a big pub on the outskirts of the city, just outside of Gosforth. Now, while i'd usually be up for this, when dieting, i only like drinking and breaking diet if the night is really gonna be worth it, and sitting in one pub all night, miles away from any clubs, is not really my idea of worthy enough to want to break diet, so i'm unsure. If i don't go out, i'll refeed again on sunday.

I'm going to an Asian wedding reception next sunday too :) Wor kid had an arranged marriage last summer when he went back to bangladesh, and his lassie is finally moving over here for good tomorrow night, so for the families and friends, they're having a bit of a reception. Of course, they're muslims, so i'm not quite sure whether there'll be alcohol on the go. I have a bit of a thing for asian women right now too, so i may have a crack at some ;)

My stubborn chest fat does seem to be reducing, as well as leg, love-handle and ab fat, which i'm well chuffed about. My arms don't seem to be any leaner in the past week and a half, but hey, we can't have everything at once. For almost seven weeks down, i'm extremely pleased with my progress and should have no problem hitting ~10% by week 16, especially with the inclusion of my 'metabolic reset' week. My strength is still increasing, albeit gradually, but for it to still be occuring at this stage of dieting, i'm very happy.

I believe that's all for now. I may have thought of more to say, but some nobend on MSN called Danny is pestering me so i've lost my train of thought.

AJ_11
04-04-2003, 10:03 AM
Good for you Rob about the drinking. Man it really the hardest things that I had to give up. But then when I realized how much money I was saving it made sense too. I am more of a clubber as well. I prefer to dance and not feel obligated to drink like a horse like I would in a pub setting.

Your progress is going really exceptional. I hope you meet you goals. Especially fot the WBB Cutting contest. Mine and your goals/present stats are somewhat the same, not exactly but almost. But Good luck and great job so far.

carolinagirl
04-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Hey Rob, I just looked back thru some old emails, and I can't find the one where I thought Mike said that he had the stuff for the Ultra in the store. You're right, it isn't out yet. He was talking about the base for the FL7 and I got the two mixed up after the fact. ;)

Silverback
04-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Yeah she was still up there, shes coming back saturday avo. And yes she's hot looks like that Rene Zwel whatever :) but shes 19, thus a younger version and carrying a better rack.

Shes got a new boyfriend now though, he's 28 and a bit of a twat but such is life.

Get in their with the asian lasses, for some reason im feeling the asian vibe at the mo. Good work on the cutting chief, glad to hear that its on track and your still gaining strength, i wonder how that works?

l8r fella

B-R

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-08-2003, 12:52 PM
Long time no update. Nothing much to really say - still going strong. This friday will mark my eigth week weigh-in. It's frightening how quick it has gone. I'll update with specific alterations that begin monday after i have weighed myself on friday.

Been doing some quick calculations to get a bit more scope on my projected tasks. Basically, since i was unsure of what bf% i started cutting at two months ago, i've worked out from the view point of both to estimate how much difference there is - and there ain't all that much.

Firstly, from the perspective that i began at 18% and am currently at 14%:

Start

224lbs @ 18% = ~40lbs FAT, 183lbs LBM

Current

205.5lbs @ 14% = ~28lbs FAT, 176lbs LBM

Lost: 12lbs FAT, 7lbs LBM (water/glycogen/food weight remember)

Now, you'd think this can't be totally accurate, since i've only dropped 17lbs of weight in total, but the week between bulking and cutting, when i seemed to do neither, after that, i weighed in at 222.5lbs, which explains 1.5lbs of the discrepancy. The 0.5lb, i have no idea. But, whatever.

Projected (providing no further loss in LBM)

201.5lbs @ 12% = 24lbs FAT, 176lbs LBM
196.5lbs @ 10% = 20lbs FAT, 176lbs LBM

(and just for kicks):

192.5lbs @ 8% = 16lbs FAT, 176lbs LBM
188.5lbs @ 6% = 12lbs FAT, 176lbs LBM (as if!)

So to hit my projected goal of 10%bf, i require to lose a further 8lbs of FAT - note: no WEIGHT

Now from the perspective that i started at 20% and am currently at 15%:

Start

224lbs @ 20% = 44.8lbs FAT, 179.2lbs LBM

Current

205.5lbs @ 15% = 30lbs FAT, 174.6lbs LBM

Lost: 14.8lbs FAT, 5lbs LBM (water/glycogen/food weight remember)

Discrepancies as above, but the extra 1.3lb, i have no idea. Again, whatever...

Projected (providing no further loss in LBM)

199.6lbs @ 12% = 24lbs FAT, 174.6lbs LBM
195.5lbs @ 10% = 20lbs FAT, 174.6lbs LBM

So to hit my projected goal of 10%bf, i require to lose a further 10lbs of FAT - note: no WEIGHT

So as you can see, the difference in where i'll be depending upon my starting bf% is merely the difference between a 1lb of LBM, or 2lbs of FAT.

I'm certain there are further discrepancies in my workings here, but hey, not everyone is perfect, eh? besides, these are just markers for what i need to achieve.

A further 8-10lbs is achievable via diet alone, but with some of the tricksies i have up my sleavesies, i should get there quicker, or get a bit below there.

My other main objective is to define my chest area better by ridding myself of this stubborn bodyfat distribution. That will be my focus for the following two weeks starting monday.

Aurevoir.

Twin Peak
04-08-2003, 02:30 PM
What are you talking about???

224-205.5=18.5 lbs, not 17.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-08-2003, 03:26 PM
What are you talking about???

224-205.5=18.5 lbs, not 17.

Looks like someone needs new glasses.

Originally posted by Robboe
Now, you'd think this can't be totally accurate, since i've only dropped 17lbs of weight in total, but the week between bulking and cutting, when i seemed to do neither, after that, i weighed in at 222.5lbs, which explains 1.5lbs of the discrepancy. The 0.5lb, i have no idea. But, whatever.

222.5lbs - 205.5lbs = xxxxx

Steve, please fill in the 'xxxxx' part :)

Twin Peak
04-08-2003, 03:36 PM

Start

224lbs @ 18% = ~40lbs FAT, 183lbs LBM

Current

205.5lbs @ 14% = ~28lbs FAT, 176lbs LBM

Lost: 12lbs FAT, 7lbs LBM (water/glycogen/food weight remember)

I still don't know what you are talking about.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-08-2003, 03:40 PM
Bulked - ended up 224lbs.

Week of not cutting or bulking - ended up 222.5lbs

Started cutting.

That's where the 1.5lbs disappeared.

Besides, as per my disclaimer earlier, i've got no doubt there are various other discrepancies in there - bf% are total guesstimates and i did the math in about 30 seconds.

Twin Peak
04-08-2003, 03:49 PM
Maybe you need to take a writing class. That's not what you wrote. ;)

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Yeah well...sue me.

Actually, no. You'd take that too literally. haha.

Anyway, considering they're all guesses, the math is pretty close to working out, so that lets me know i'm close enough on the guesses of my bf%.

Theoretically, a further 10lbs of fat loss should put me in the 10% region (yay).

Silverback
04-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Good work Bananaman!

14% are your abs starting to look sharp? by the sounds of things they will definately be more prominent.

Is 10% your final goal or are you aiming for a specific weight, i wouldnt bother trying for 6% unless your competing or off on holiday. If it were me i would drop to 8-10% then take a break and do a moderate mass gain plan focusing on adding 99% fat free mass.

good luck whatever you decide,

B-R

ps what kind of weight are you push/pulling at the moment? is your strength still rising?

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-08-2003, 04:25 PM
The past week, no, not really. Training hasn't been the best. Not terrible, but not terribly brilliant. Strength only increasing on certain exercises, but i'm not that concerned seeing as how i'm nearly 8 weeks into this and 17lbs lighter.

Abs aren't sharp at all, no. In fact, the top two are barely visible to the naked eye. I rarely do direct ab work, so once all the tubbiness is gone, my waist will be really small, therefore i have no abs protruding at all really. Think of Chris Benoit from the WWF and how his waist/abdominal region is. My waist is certainly a lot trimmer than it was, but no abs yet.

In all honesty, abs aren't my numero uno concern. I'm more concerned about lower chest fat and pectoral definiton as well as arm/shoulder definition than ab sculpting. At least not for this cut. Maybe if things really become more apparent with further tweaking, i may twist my priorities, but for now, as above, and basically just making sure that i don't need to cut again this year are my only concern.

The 10% thing is just a goal for this particular cut - a bare minimum if you will. As in, if i don't hit 10%, the cut is considered a failure. Any lower, then grand. If close but no cigar - buggary.

I got just over three more weeks to go before i take a five-day metabolic break where i'll make my calories over maintenance to help my metabolism pick itself up, and maybe make some LBM gains in the process. Hell, if things go as i predict they will, i'll continue to drop fat due to the leptin signalling, which will rock my pants.

Once i finish cutting, i have various PH/PS cycles to experiment with as i gain - keeping fat accumulation to a bare minimum to prevent any further dieting this year.

I have pretty much the rest of the year mentally planned out for what i want to do and achieve, providing all goes well.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-08-2003, 04:27 PM
By the way, while i'm on the topic, while dropping a further 8-10lbs of fat and hitting the 10% region sounds all dandy regarding abdominal viewing, i doubt all the 8-10lbs of fat will come directly off my midriff.

I still have deposits on my arms, lower back, chest and legs to drop off as well. I'm afraid that i may have to be in the 6-8% region for a really killer set of abs.

10% and they may be faintly visible.

Twin Peak
04-08-2003, 04:36 PM
Interesting how the same BF% can look so vastly different on different people.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-08-2003, 04:48 PM
Yes, i know. But at the same time, i don't totally mind in this regard, cause i'm not gonna end up with a block midsection, or large waist. It's not gonna be something that will outshine my chest.

I think i'll schedule a refeed for saturday.

AJ_11
04-08-2003, 06:22 PM
What are your refeeds like Size and Macro Breakdown. Are you still following your Iso caloric diet. How many cals are you eating a day.

Good luck witht hings it seems that you have it all played out. Me on the other hand, well I won't start, but I will focus more in the coming day me thinks.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-09-2003, 05:14 AM
Between 500-600g carbs, no added fat save for a few fish oil caps, carb choices are sensible - i.e. no high fatty foods. Focus on simpler carbs early on, moving to complex carbs later in the day. No count on protein or fat directly, but i try to eat protein with every carb meal. The fish caps are spread maybe 4 caps in two meals spaced out.

The diet is kinda iso, but since dietary amendments, not quite. I've taken calories away from carb sources alone (which does take off some protein and fat, but nothing significant). So i'd guess that, while i wasn't on "true" iso anyway (i.e. 33/33/33), i'm now probably around 30 C/ 40 P/ 30 F. I'd need to tally my macros up and work it out, but i'm not that concerned for the figures themsevles, so won't bother spending the time.

Calories are between 2600-2700kcals a day. I think.

Good luck when you start.

IceRgrrl
04-09-2003, 05:31 AM
Just catching up with the Chronicle, which is always a good read ;) Nice progress with the cut and I like your balanced attitude towards including/managing a social like while still watching your diet and such...very sound. Keep up the good work :D

carolinagirl
04-09-2003, 10:07 AM
A further 8-10lbs is achievable via diet alone, but with some of the tricksies i have up my sleavesies, i should get there quicker, or get a bit below there.

So, let's hear about the tricksies in your sleavsies. I'm very curious which route you've decided to take. (If you don't want to give your cutting contest competitors an edge, you could post it in code - just be sure pm me the key. :nod: )

Nice work on the 17 lbs, btw.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-09-2003, 12:30 PM
Icer - there is no replacement for my social activities. My close friends mean the world to me, and nothing, not even my most passionate hobby, will intervene with that. Some occasions i may put off social events for various reasons such as dieting, or to help my lifting fit in with other planned activities, but i'll never give it up completely or put it off for extended periods.

Besides, looking at the lives of some people who's entire lives revolve around training and diet is just dumb to me. Chances are their life span will be ~70 years, and it's doubtful they'll be lifting past 50 years old, by which time they'll probably look back on all the missed opportunities where they put lifting over life and wish things had been different.

And then there's the possibility that you may be hit by a truck tomorrow and either die or be unable to train ever again. or a terrorist group may drop a dirty bomb, or you may contract meningitus or SARS and then that's it. Your chance for life experiences over. Sorry for such blatantness, but it's always a possibility.

There was a period of about six months during my first cut where i basically shut out all my friends because i wanted to do so well on my diet (fat kid syndrome). And then i read Glen's (Gyno Rhino) story about his colon problems and my outlook on life totally changed. It's a shame that someone else's misfortune made me realise that.

Anyway, before i put my journal under the spell of a complete sombre mood, i'll leave it at that.

CG - The tricksies stay up the sleavesies until they're required. You know that :)

All in good time, young warrior...

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-11-2003, 05:16 AM
I went out last night (again - that's the fourth time since saturday lol). Didn't do as much dancing as i usually do on a thursday night, but i was a bit tired. I was planning a refeed for tomorrow, but i figured why spend another day trying to burn fat where i'd most likely be sacrificing muscle when i should really refeed now. So, i've shifted it forward a day. I'll aim for 400-500g carbs today, with ALA spread out throughout the day, and i'm gonna chew a bit more nicotine gum than usual to see what sort of additional partitioning effects i can derive. Incidentally, the more i read about nicotine, the higher i place it on my 'supplements for cutting heirarchy'. basically, it's above EC at present.

I'll be training my chest later, so i'm hoping the glycogen will aid me having a really good workout, without me feeling heavy or lethargic from the carbs, so i'll not just stuff my face today (not like i've been such a thing on my other previous refeed days this cut).

So today i've had a cup of green tea, and then had a malto/whey shake (60g malto), took 400mg ALA, 4mg nicotine, 4 fish oil caps and 10g creatine (i like to use it when i refeed to increase intramuscular water retention).

I weighed myself earlier also. Down 1lb, which is brill as far as i'm concerned. I was telling Franco on MSN yesterday that i'd be disappointed with anything more than 0.5-1lb loss, cause i don't visibly look any lighter. Then again, as per the typical male, i do tend to look out for fat loss on my midsection alone and not as much on my lower back region or thighs. Depending on how i feel after this refeed, i may knock my calories down a tad. I realise 1lb is right on the money for weight loss concern, but one of my tricksies i plan for this week is the addition of LipoDerm-Y on my chest region, and Par Deus recommends a semi-large calorie deficit for use with the product. I'll see what i decide. Also, i'm adding 100mg 7-keto DHEA to the fray, along with my EC. So since i take EC x2/day, i'll take in a total of 200mg 7-keto DHEA a day. I'm not usually one to introduce two changes at once, but i figure i can notice the effects of the lipo directly, since i should notice more excelerated fat loss than usual around my chest region, and notice any effects of the 7-keto DHEA from general excelerated fat loss.

So CG, you asked for a tricksey, and got three at once! (refeed, lipo, 7-keto)

Lucky you eh? :)

carolinagirl
04-11-2003, 10:15 AM
VERY lucky.

*takes notes on tricksies*

ectx
04-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Icer - there is no replacement for my social activities. My close friends mean the world to me, and nothing, not even my most passionate hobby, will intervene with that. Some occasions i may put off social events for various reasons such as dieting, or to help my lifting fit in with other planned activities, but i'll never give it up completely or put it off for extended periods.

Well stated Chigs.

Silverback
04-11-2003, 12:20 PM
Nicotine eh? i'll have to do some reading on it.

Hey fella post your chest workout, when youve done it if you get time :) It would be nice to see it.

Out 4 times since saturday christ!! I hope u werent drinking everyone 1 of those.

later rob, did u get my PM.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-11-2003, 06:31 PM
Well, to go with the refeeding, i went out tonight with family and such and had afew glasses of the red stuff. Needless to say, as with most folk, i got tipsy rather quickly. On refeed days, i'd rather drink that than, say, beer or the like. So that's the fifth time this week. I'm off to a wedding reception on Sunday too.

Ron, no mate, only drinking tonight and last saturday. I have no bother going out and not drinking.

Anyhoo, chest workout -

Db bench:
- 50k's - 4
- 45k's - 8 Dropped - 32k's - 5

DB flyes:
- 38k's - 9
- 38k's - 8 Dropped - 26k's - 5

Decline machine press:
- 290k - 4 (yes, you read right, 290k. Stupidly designed machine).
- 250k - Dropped 170k - 8

And then that was it.

And yes, got your PM, kid. No problem.

I'll post some stuff on nicotine tomorrow, or whenever i have time.

carolinagirl
04-12-2003, 01:15 AM
Man, Rob. You know how to live. 5 times this week??? and more to come??

Excellent.

(*envies Rob*)

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-12-2003, 08:24 AM
Everyone envies Robboe. :D

Started the LipoDerm-Y today on my lower chest region. Shaved the area beforehand, which has made my skin unpleasantly blotchy. The lipo gives a cool, refreshing feel after application. Quite nice.

I also have a bit of a headache in the rear of my skull from maybe going a little overboard with the red wine last night. I must admit, however, that with the refeed, my veins were going crazy in my forearms and hands, and this morning i definately looked visibly more full, especially in the arms and shoulders. I think i may have a glass of red wine or two during my refeeds now.

I may be getting selected to test one of the new Avant Labs products, so i'll have to make a new journal and take out all the pottering i usually do in this one. it'll have to be a no BS journal. Right now I'm not too sure what the product is exactly or what it will do, but needless to say it will probably be a good product. I just hope it won't interfere with my current supplementation plans.

Silverback
04-13-2003, 01:29 PM
WTF how did you manage to get a job as a guinea pig? i want in :D

Nice chest work fella, damn our gym only goes up to 40k db's, once i hit the money train then i may sign up to a bigger gym, otherwise progression will become a real pain in teh ass.

uck! red wine, far too sweet for me, never been a big wine fan, give me some guiness draught any day :)

Good luck next week back to cutting, hey you never know this new product may be the ultimate weight loss product, or then again it could be 'how to turn you urine a different colour' !!

B-R

carolinagirl
04-13-2003, 02:19 PM
Ooooh. Lucky boy. I want to be a beta tester! Don't they need women, you know, to make it a good representative sample or something?

I can follow directions really well....

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-14-2003, 06:20 AM
Well, i went out on Saturday night when i said i wouldn't, and i ended up going clubbing last night after the wedding reception party, despite not planning to. Both nights were great. The asain girls looked amazing - they were all wearing the full Sarihs and head jewellery and such. Looked fantastic. Very beautiful. I may also be going to a Bangra music night on tuesday, just for a laugh. I don't really like the music, but i told a few of the lads i'd come along.

Anyhoo, i originally started applying the LipoDerm-Y to my chest and arms - 3 squirts per pec and one on each arm where the shoulder joins to the arm. I've decided three squirts to such a compact area is a bit wasteful and possibly pointless, so i do 2 per pec, 1 on each arm and 1 either side of my ab region. After this week, i'll do 2 per pec, 2 per ab side. I think eventually i'll try the lower back region too. But focus is still on chest for now.

As for the testing, it's not set in stone. I've just been asked if i will test it, but naturally there is a slight catch. I'm still awaiting a response.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-14-2003, 11:42 AM
Well, i've been persuaded into going out tonight too. Loads of mates are up from their universities for the easter break, so there's lots of goings-out and stuff. Lucky i quit drinking, or else i'd be both fat(ter) and skint right now. I was planning on indulging in some cool, frosty beverages this coming saturday, but since it now looks as though i'm doing tonight, tomorrow, thursday, friday, saturday and then the show and clubbing on sunday, i just don't have the cash.

My arm workout today was really good. Did some OH presses on the machine too. Warmed up on side laterals, did 2 heavy sets and a drop set, and then moved to the machine. I've found that if i take the rep really slowly, not only do i seem to feel it more in my delts and less in my triceps, but i also feel no pain or ache whatsoever. Which is cool. Still stopped a few reps short of failure though. I think i'm gonna do side laterals short of failure after chest day now too, just to see what happens.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Oh yeah, EC seems to be having less of a jittery effect these days, which is cool, cause it means getting to sleep ain't so hard. Past couple of days i've been dosing x3/day, and still getting to sleep, which is cool.

I'm also already noticing water retention around my abs from the LipoDerm.

AJ_11
04-14-2003, 07:00 PM
I have a question about the nicotine gum. How do you use it and what do you take it with. What aspects does it improve(cravings, fatloss, etc.)

I am going to start incorporating it cause I am going to quit smoking(I know, its a discusting habit) SO I figured that taking the the gum from what I have read so far(which I can really find alot of info that supports it) will help me with fatloss and quit that habit that I find absolutley gross.

Thanx for your input Rob.:)

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-15-2003, 05:52 AM
It definately blunts hunger. At least while you're chewing it anyway. There's a lot more beneficial aspect to it, but no time right now.

I take it with nothing particular. I just chew it slightly, hold it between my gum and cheek for a bit, chew again and repeat.

To help quit smoking, depending on how you smoke a day, it may be an idea to start with the 4mg pieces 3-4 times a day and then after a few weeks, move down to the 2mg pieces, and gradually ween yourself off like that.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-15-2003, 10:46 AM
Looks like i WILL be a beta tester for Avant, so whenever it starts, this journal will be void.

I'll start a new one especially for the product.

Silverback
04-15-2003, 12:39 PM
cool, any idea what the product will be? and what it proposes to do?

I get ya on teh nicotine, probably explains when people stop smoking they pile on the weight!!

Damn out all week again, your going to be broke soon with all these nights out.

l8r fella, take care.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-15-2003, 12:44 PM
Leptigen pII, I think.