sorry for the enormous size...

I say that all the time....

nice jeep man

Tryska
02-12-2003, 12:17 PM
whereabouts do you live?

Lizzie
02-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Must be my sense of humour......I was expecting your girlfriend to be lying across the dirt at the bottom of the pic.....then realized you were talking about the jeep....duh.:windup:

SWOLE
02-12-2003, 01:03 PM
ERICG: I hear dat!!

TRYSKA: I live in Lake Forest, IL, its about 30 minutes north of Chicago. The picture was taken at Badlands Off-Road Park in Attica,IN

Gavan
02-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by SWOLE
sorry for the enormous size...

Originally posted by ericg

I say that all the time....

:D ;) :angel:

Behemoth
02-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Man I'm jealous, I love wranglers. Well, it's customary to post stats with a picture so...
Engine?
Trasmission?
Is that thing lifted?
Tires?

bigkevin20
02-12-2003, 01:59 PM
You mean they have parks to drive your car around in dirt like they do with ATVs?

Tryska
02-12-2003, 02:18 PM
ya know? isn't that great?

Reinier
02-12-2003, 02:28 PM
THats a sweet car. some serious suspension

SWOLE
02-12-2003, 03:04 PM
Stats of my JEEP:
97 Wrangler
3" BDS suspension lift
3/4" Rubicon Express Coil Spring Spacers
Rubicon Express Extended Front and Rear Brake Lines
(5) 33X12.50 BF Goodrich Mud Terrains
15X8 American Racing Outlaw 2 rims
Custom CB Rack
Hella 500 Driving Lights
Manik Front Brush Guard
Manik Rear Tail Light Guards
Husky Floor Liners
Kenwood Mask CD Player
2 10" Baja Subs with Custom Box
Polk DB Gold Series Separates in the Soundbar
Infinity 4x6's in the front
Cobra CB w/ PA Speaker
7' Antenna
4 Banger!!
4.10 Gears
No Flares
Plenty of Body Damage
Many more Mods to Come...

SWOLE
02-12-2003, 03:06 PM
BigKevin, have you ever heard of Paragon?? its in Pennsylvania.
And they have plenty of places you can off road with your Jeeps and whatever you may want to drive off road.

CollegeBoy
02-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Here's my grocery getter.:p Nice to see a fellow Jeeper! :D :D :D

http://comp.uark.edu/~horne/images/bumper/finished4.jpg

Exnor
02-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Tryska: Me too lol :p

CollegeBoy: The difference is, he USES his. You simply drive yours down the street MADE for driving down :p

SWOLE
02-12-2003, 05:40 PM
College Boy: nice ride. those ARB bumpers are schweet. nice hellas too. My friend has the same set up as you do, but he has a sticker on the back that says grocery getter, haha. Wanna swap engines?? i want a 5.9

orbital
02-12-2003, 07:04 PM
Nice Jeep man. Only 4 cylinders? Is that pretty normal for a Jeep, I don't know much about them.

JD77
02-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Sweet Jeep!

SWOLE
02-12-2003, 08:11 PM
A lot of people have the 4 Banger in the Wranglers. The bonus is that they come with 4.10 gears and the 6 cylinder comes with 3.73 gears. So since my gears are 4.10, i get a better crawl ratio and it is easier to turn the bigger tires. Not a huge difference right away, but down the road, it makes a world of difference. especially when you like to crawl around on rocks.

Wolfman
02-12-2003, 08:15 PM
My first vehicle was a '75 CJ5 with a 360, modded, with 35" tires...jeeps rock!!!

SWOLE
02-12-2003, 08:17 PM
JD77: Thanks man!! I would expect that coming from a guy with the same initials:nod:
Orbital: nice to see your a TOOL fan:thumbup:

SWOLE
02-12-2003, 08:18 PM
Let see a pic Wolfman

CollegeBoy
02-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Exnor
Tryska: Me too lol :p

CollegeBoy: The difference is, he USES his. You simply drive yours down the street MADE for driving down :p

Excuse me? Grocery getter was meant to be sarcastic. (These are not the best pics, but they're already on my webspace)
http://comp.uark.edu/~horne/images/powerlines/jd1.jpg

Figuring out where the sawzall needs to do its handy work :D
http://comp.uark.edu/~horne/images/flexing/h.jpg

CollegeBoy
02-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Hey Swole, where are you located?

WillKuenzel
02-12-2003, 08:51 PM
The Calvinator is another member on this board who is a memeber of the Purdue Off-road club. I would think that ya'll know eachother.

SWOLE
02-12-2003, 09:07 PM
Collegeboy: I am located north of Chicago, since you are in AZ, that is a little far away for a little froadin adventure.

HomeYield: Ya, I know The Calvinator. He is the one who told me about this site.

CollegeBoy
02-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Collegeboy: I am located north of Chicago, since you are in AZ, that is a little far away for a little froadin adventure.

HomeYield: Ya, I know The Calvinator. He is the one who told me about this site.

I'm in Arkansas. We're not TOO far away, but still a bit far. I went to Moab over winter break and it was GREAT. I had been the year before but it was MUCH more fun this time around with the slight modifications :cool:

WillKuenzel
02-12-2003, 09:11 PM
Cool, tell him to get his ass back in the gym!

SWOLE
02-12-2003, 09:16 PM
CollegeBoy: get yer arss to http://www.badlandsoffroad.com and i will cruise down there and i can getcha a place to stay at Purdue. We can go out with my friends. Go to the bars. Think about it foo...

HomeYield: Ya, i will yell at Big C for ya. He is lazy, but he works at a bar and beats people up all the time, so i think he gets a good workout doin that.

CollegeBoy
02-12-2003, 09:24 PM
CollegeBoy: get yer arss to http://www.badlandsoffroad.com and i will cruise down there and i can getcha a place to stay at Purdue. We can go out with my friends. Go to the bars. Think about it foo...

HomeYield: Ya, i will yell at Big C for ya. He is lazy, but he works at a bar and beats people up all the time, so i think he gets a good workout doin that.

Hey I'm up for it! It'll have to be around spring break time. I am just packed with school until then. I start summer classes right after this semester ends. Shoooot meee please.:cry:

SWOLE
02-12-2003, 10:07 PM
Whenever you are ready, let me know, i will be herre
when is your SB?? maybe you could go to Windrock in TN for some camping and froadin

CollegeBoy
02-12-2003, 10:38 PM
My spring break is March 15-23.

I'm working on a set of full-width Bronco axles (High pinion 44 front and 9" rear). The new Detroit Electrac will go in the front and most likely a Lock-Right will go in the rear. Those won't be ready ANY time soon, though. I'm projecting they'll be under the ZJ by this fall, winter at the latest.

I swapped out the full-time 249 transfer case for a part-time 241 out of a dodge 3/4 ton. I had a 231 from a TJ in there but it went kaboom. Something about the 5.9, 35"s... I duno :D

Once spring rolls around and it starts getting warmer then I will fix those "little things" that I've been meaning to get around to. My front shocks are GONE. ProCRAP 3000's. I'm looking at the ProCRAP adjustables. They're supposed to be very good shocks and are reasonably priced. Plus you can adjust them for ride quality and such.

I do need to address the big gaping hole in my ARB bumper... ya know... where the winch goes :D I don't have the cheese to buy that thing yet. It's nuts how expensive a motor and a drum full of cable is! :eek:

I assume you know about Jeepsunlimited.com? It's ok... you can admit it... that idiot infested place :rolleyes:

SWOLE
02-12-2003, 10:48 PM
Of course i know about jeepsunlimited.com
you should check out http://porc.purdue.org/ that is what i represent. it seems like you spent a lot of cash on your ride, obviously 5.9 and all. i cant afford shizzle, but i manage. I plan on getting an Atlas II, so i am not worried about my worried NP231. Of course i got a lot of projects to tend too. I just bought a fuse block and i am going to wire about 4 more pairs of lights on there. I found these awesome switches too for my CB rack. cant wait, that is why i call it the "Moneypit"
Procrap anything sucks, get those doetsch tech shocks, they come with Rubicon Express kits, those are the best shocks out there. I have BDS, which are nice, but probably not as good. Dont get old man EMU anything, but i noticed you have a steering stabalizer fom them... sorry.
cruise out here for your SB, i am the week before you. we can go wheelin at Badlands.
PIZZLE

CollegeBoy
02-13-2003, 03:16 AM
I agree that procomp sucks for the most part, but a few of the very picky ZJ owners are running them and like them a lot. They've got huge body and piston diameter as well as great adjustability. It's too bad that Rancho is suing Doetsch because doetsch apparently infringed on Rancho's adjustable shock patent. It WAS the BEST adjustable out there. I'm looking at some DT8000's as well, though.

I have sunk quite a bit of cash into the heep, but it's paid for and I plan on keeping it for a LONG long time. Hopefully here in a couple of years I'll be able to afford a basic daily driver. This would let me do quite a bit more with the ZJ.

The OME stabilizer is pretty much hailed as THE best over Rancho and Procrap. I'm not sure of the other choices but it seems to really work for me. I've actually heard quite a lot of great remarks about OME. Most of this is from a friend of mine with a LR Discovery (larger than life). I think they concentrate more on Rovers and other vehicles like that considering they're in Australia. Who knows :confused:

I hear you on the moneypit remark. It seems like once you fix or upgrade something... another thing breaks or is too weak :cool: I guess that's the beauty of a Jeep, huh?

There is a place in Kentucky called "Land between the lakes" and it's GREAT. Very cool trail. It does rain quite a bit there, though... and I HATE mud. Rocks=OK. Mud can kiss my ass.
:p

Coke
02-13-2003, 07:01 AM
I have one too. It is Black/Renegade Wrangler 1993 - excellent condition - had it for about 18mos and love it. I had a 1989 White Wrangler which was love at first site and had it for 4 years before I got this black one. Ought to shoot a pic and show it one day. :cool:

SWOLE
02-13-2003, 01:46 PM
Badlands is about 4 hours north of the land between the lakes, haspen acres is about 2 hours north of that. there are both sweet places to go.
Cocoa: lets see your jeep, where are you from?? got any mods on it??

CollegeBoy
02-13-2003, 01:50 PM
I guess I could run through my mod list real quick while I've got time...

'98 ZJ 5.9

Suspension:

7" coils
Long arms
True tri-link rear suspension, 4 link front
Crappy shocks.
35x12.50x15 GoodYear MT/Rs on 15" steelies
Old Man Emu steering stabilizer (SD40)

Drivetrain:

Stock axles (for now) D30 front D44 rear w/limited slip
SouthBay Driveline front u-joint/cardan driveshaft
NP241 Dodge transfer case (replacing the NP249 full-time case)
Modified skid plates (Rick... you remember? )
Magnum 5.9 v8
46RE transmission

Armor:

ARB Front bumper w/shackles and winch mount (no winch yet, though)
Custom (in my driveway) rear bumper
Kevin's Jeep Parts "Sliderz" rocker protection

Electronics:

Alpine head unit with MP3 capability
Cobra 19DX3 CB
Infinity Basslink
Viper 550esp Alarm w/ remote start

Performance:

K&N FIPK
Full mandrel bent 3" exhaust with Flowmaster 70 muffler - Factory polished tip (not so shiny now)

In the works:

Tire carrier
High Pinion D44 front axle with Detroit Electrac and 4.88 gears
Ford 9" rear axle with "regular" Detroit locker and 4.88 gearing as well
Slip yoke eliminator for the transfer case with another SouthBay Driveline driveshaft

That is all.

SWOLE
02-13-2003, 01:52 PM
What gearing do those stock axles come with??

CollegeBoy
02-13-2003, 01:53 PM

SWOLE
02-13-2003, 01:55 PM
fun... i am going to get the stock axle rebuild to make my dana 35 stronger. but i might get a 44 front and keep the 35 rear

CollegeBoy
02-13-2003, 01:56 PM
fun... i am going to get the stock axle rebuild to make my dana 35 stronger. but i might get a 44 front and keep the 35 rear

Do a 44 swap in the rear. The D30 is much more stout than you think. If I were you I would apply the D35 upgrade money towards a 44.

SWOLE
02-14-2003, 10:41 AM
I spend too much money on my g/f, at least i am a good man!!!!

Doctor Tongue
02-14-2003, 11:50 PM
I gotta get me a new computer and a Webcam :D

I wanna post my babies on here.

Baby:1

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Quad Cab (Sport, in Black as always baby) V10.

Mods:

*Exterior*
5" Skyjacker Class II Doubleflex Suspension lift (May switch to 7" Skyjacker)
3" Trailmaster Bodylift
37"x12.5"r15 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's (will be 37"x14.5" or 38.5"x15.5" super swampers on my next set)
15x10" Centerline Hellcats
DT Trac Bar
Borla Headers, Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters, Borla Cat-back Exhaust
Fabritech Stage II Traction bars (chrome powder coated)
Mag-Hytec Diff Covers
4.88 Gears Front/Rear
ARB Air Locker Front/Rear
Kodiac Sidewinder Automatic Fold-down steps for all 4 doors
Reflexion cowl induction hood
Triple on Double Chrome Roll Bars, with 6 250 000cp flood-lights (4 facing forward, 2 Facing rear).
Reunel Front Bumper & guard/Rear Bumper (chrome) with 12 000lb winch in front, and a 9000lb out back.
2 spot lights mounted in Front guard
Chrome Rocker Pannels
Bushwhacker Extend-a-flares
Chrome 3rd Brakelight cover
Chrome Fuel Door
Moonvisor
5% Tint on all windows
Chrome Ram's head logo on the Rear window
Blue Flashing LED (chrome base) Valve stem caps for the tires
Chrome Valve stem covers (when I take her offroad)

Engine/Transmission Mods:
K&N FIPK
Hughes Filter
Holley Throttle
52mm fastman throttlebody (well 51.75mm)
Jet Throttlebody Spacer
1.6 Roller rockers (intake)
1.7 Roller rockers (exhaust)
Flexalite 5200CFM Electric Fan
Powermaster High-Amp Alternator
2nd Mopar Battery (accessory & stereo power)
Nology Hotwire Spark plug wires (blue) -Until I get a new ignition system
180 degree thermostat
Trans-go Shift Kit (new Torque converter's on the way)
(still thinking about Supercharging this beast)

Interior Mods:

New Steering wheel ring (retains airbag)
Carbon Fiber Dash kit
JVC CD/MP3 Player
JVC 6.4" Monitor
Playstation 2
Infinity Kappa 6x9's in the doors (3-way)
Focal Utopia Mids/tweets
2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10" subs (DVC) (under the rear seats)
Recovered the leather seats with Black Leather with a blue suede center portion in the drivers and passenger's chairs (The rest of the rear seats and center ceat/console are black leather)
2 20" Lightning rods mounted in the C pillars (or is that a B pillar)
2 8" blue neon lights mounted in the foot wells
1 15 "Blacklight mounted on the roof
Slide-out Switchboard mounted under center seat (controls all interior and exterior accessories)

That's my Baby Daily driver (she's pushing over 400hp at the crack) :D.

My other baby is my 1978 Corvette, but that's another story of 650hp+ and 800hp+ on the bottle :D.

This is my first post here, probably not my last. Just sayin' What's up boys and girls?

-What's up Doc?

SWOLE
02-15-2003, 08:30 AM
sounds like a pretty sweet rig, i would like to see a pic, or if there is one on the internet now, post a link. welcome to the board.

CollegeBoy
02-15-2003, 09:54 AM
But it's not a JEEP!!! :angel:

SWOLE
02-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by CollegeBoy
But it's not a JEEP!!! :angel:

very true my jeep brother....
do you think he will give me his 37" MTR's??

Doctor Tongue
02-15-2003, 03:12 PM
When I switch to my Super Swampers, I'll send you my MT/R's, if you want Bald tires :D

As soon as they come in I'm gonna be pulling 4wd burnouts everywhere there's not a cop :D.

-What's up Doc

SWOLE
02-15-2003, 03:26 PM
how did you like the MTR's??? I am switching to those after i put in my Rubicon Express 5.5" lift.

CollegeBoy
02-15-2003, 05:20 PM
I recommend them all the way. I had the 245/75/16's when I was stock. The 35s are even better. :)

SWOLE
02-15-2003, 06:37 PM
i got 33's now, i just really want to get the 37's on my jeep, only then will i be big