PDA

View Full Version : Cutting

hochoa
02-13-2003, 08:04 AM
Diet Question:

I have a consistent diet and workout. Although getting lean and reducing my body fat percentage seems like it's going to take years at this rate. Iím not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?

Diet

B reakfast:
Wheat Toast & Jam
Juice
Nutri-grain

Lunch:
Chicken breast sandwich on wheat (no condiments just veggies)
Fresh Fruit Juice
1 glass water
Beans

Dinner:
Chicken breast sandwich on wheat (no condiments just veggies)
Fresh Fruit Juice
1 glass water
Beans

Workouts include 20 minutes cardio and 1.5 hours weight training four times a week.

As a Hispanic I grew up with beans for just about every meal. I'm not sure if beans are good for my diet but if thatís it Iíd be willing to give it up.

Does anyone have a cutting diets that they could recommend?

-Hector

Raildog
02-13-2003, 08:19 AM
Well it looks as if you need to eat more times in the day to regulate blood sugar, preferably 6, but 5 is a good place to start until you get used to eating and preparing more. And your total calories from the day look to small. I'd replace the fruit juice with real fruit. I'd add a protein to every meal, looks like breakfast has trace protein.
I'm a believer in doing cardio in the 45 minute range if you have a slower metabolism or are more of a endomorph bodytype. But the number one thing you need to find out is how many calories are you eating, you may be so low your body thinks it's starving. I'm guessing on that diet you'll be in the 1600-1800 cal range, which seems low unless your 140lbs.

Raildog

_-_v_-_
02-13-2003, 08:34 AM
Eat more.

Lose the fruit juice; eat protein.

Eat healthful fats; you need them.

hochoa
02-13-2003, 08:46 AM
So I should eat more (add 2-3 healthy meals to my diet), stay away from the juice, add more protien, and incorporate an LD/LD cardio workout rather than a HD/SD?

_-_v_-_
02-13-2003, 08:48 AM
Be glad to help you out, man; you have AIM or MSN?

hochoa
02-13-2003, 08:57 AM
V: Sure, my AIM is Yoy815. Thanks

bradley
02-13-2003, 10:56 AM
I would recommend cutting down on the volume of training as well. Check out one of he WBB routines. Also get some EFA's in your diet along with more protein as others have suggested. Also beans are fine, excellent source of low gi carbs, fiber, and also have protein as well. Just shoot for a little of each macronutrient in each of your daily meals.

hochoa
02-13-2003, 11:13 AM
Bradley: Thanks for that info. im gonna check out the routines. What do you suggests is a good way to get some EFA's? For the protien I'm going to pick up some whey at GNC.

Thank god its not the beans, it would be hard to give them up. I'm gonna have me a big bowl of them tonight.

Thanks

bradley
02-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by hochoa
Bradley: Thanks for that info. im gonna check out the routines. What do you suggests is a good way to get some EFA's? For the protien I'm going to pick up some whey at GNC.

Thank god its not the beans, it would be hard to give them up. I'm gonna have me a big bowl of them tonight.

Thanks

Flax or fish oil are good supps that provide EFA's. Also salmon has a good amount of healthy fat as well. Good luck with it:)

hochoa
02-13-2003, 11:48 AM
Got it. Thanks