PDA

View Full Version : My bulking diet! My bulking diet!

Scuzzbucket
02-13-2003, 10:19 AM
First of all, you guys have no idea how happy I am that cutting cycle is over!!! It was a very miserable experience... Now the bulking begins... :evillaugh

Currently, I am 179 pounds at approximately 7% body fat. My split goes two on/one off (I'll be posting my routine for critiquing later.) at high volume. Here's my diet:

8:00 a.m. 1 glass of orange juice, 1 glass of milk, 2 whole eggs, 2 strips of low-fat bacon, 1 piece of wheat toast (no butter), I capsule of Mega Man multivitamins.

10:00 a.m. 1 can of tuna with 1 1/2 teaspoons of low-fat mayo on an English muffin and cheese, 1 apple

12:00 EAS Myoplex shake, 1 capsule Mega Men multivitamin

2:00 Turkey sandwich w/olives, lettuce, tomato, cheese, non-fat mustard, black pepper, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 1 can of tuna, 1 glass of milk

4:00 GNC 1850 weightgainer shake (I actually only use 1/3 a serving, , it still has 500 calories, 100+ carbs, and 16 grams of protein. Call me cheap but I can't spend $32 every 9 days on this stuff alone:) ), 1 capsule Mega Men multivitamin

5:15 Workout

Post Workout Creatine and Pro Lab Advanced Whey mix (will soon be using N-Large)

7:45 - 8:15 chicken, beef, or turkey, 1/2 cup vegetables, 2 cups pasta or rice, 1 glass of milk, 3 capsules of 6-OXO, 1 capsule Mega Men multivitamin

10:00 1 can of tuna, 1 banana

Bed:drooling:

bradley
02-13-2003, 11:01 AM
You could use the weight gainer with some whey and have it postworkout. Also might want to add in more EFA's in your diet. Maybe from fish or flax oil. You could add these in with your 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. meal.

Scuzzbucket
02-15-2003, 09:11 AM
Also might want to add in more EFA's in your diet.

Pardon my ignorance but, whats an EFA?

bradley
02-15-2003, 01:31 PM
EFA= essential fatty acid

Bryan
02-18-2003, 11:04 AM
What did you cutting cycle consist of?

Diet? Cardio? supps?

MrWebb78
02-18-2003, 11:15 AM
whats in a mega man multivitamin that requries taking it 4 or so times a day?? depending on whats in it, may lead to toxicity.

use flax oil instead of fish capsules, get those efa's from the fish itself.

raniali
02-18-2003, 11:42 AM
i see nothing wrong with using fish capsules
i, for one, hate cooking fish too much (i have been banned from bringing it to work!) so i tend to rely on the caps.

i think 4*multivitamin is too much. if you are worried about deficiencies, i suggest supplementing with the specific nutrient (i take extra Vit C, B and E).

MrWebb78
02-18-2003, 04:12 PM
fish capsules can impair immune function, and have a greater chance of comtaminants, since they are made up of th skins too. supposedly they interfere with wound healing as well, not that that is a BBing concern. but a general health issue. not worth the risks if you can get the healthy fat, plus the healthy protein just from the food itself.

bradley
02-18-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by MrWebb78
fish capsules can impair immune function, and have a greater chance of comtaminants, since they are made up of th skins too. supposedly they interfere with wound healing as well, not that that is a BBing concern. but a general health issue. not worth the risks if you can get the healthy fat, plus the healthy protein just from the food itself.

I am interested in any articles that you have on this. I have heard that you should bite fish caps to make sure that they are not rancid but that is about the only negative thing I have heard. Thanks in advance:)